Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport (1744 Views)

Mother Of Three Vomits Cocaine At Abuja Airport (photo) / NDLEA Arrests 'notorious Drug Baron' With Cocaine At Lagos Airport / Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by osisi2(f): 2:46am On Jan 17, 2009
Champion
ANTHONY OMOH

National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), yesterday announced the arrest of a[b] 50 year-old grandmother, Binta Suleiman Mohammed as the first cocaine suspect in 2009[/b] just as it employed the services of a team of doctors to save the life of another drug trafficker, Anthony Hyginus.

Two others, Chimezie Bright Jude, 36 and Usman Olayiwola Ganiyu, 39 were also arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos for attempting to export and import various quantities of cocaine. Binta works as a labourer in Verona Italy where she had lived for 20 years.

She was arrested on last Monday during screening of passengers on Air France. She ingested 76 wraps of substances weighing 1.26 and inserted one wrap of 176 grammes in her private parts with a total weight of 1.436 kilogrammes.

The NDLEA commander at the MMIA Mr. Victor Cole-Showers, described Binta as the "first cocaine suspect in the year 2009’’. She was promised the sum of 5,000 Euros to smuggle the drug.

Binta said: "I decided to carry drugs because I have many problems but the main reason is that I have been jobless in Italy for the past five years. My child in Nigeria used to send me money from her little business here".

She came to Nigeria on December 8, 2008 for the end of year celebration. She hails from Arochukwu Local Government Area in Abia State. Chemezie who deals in electronics at No. 115 School Road Aba was arrested on January 13, 2009 for ingesting 100 wraps of substances that tested positive for cocaine.

He had so far excreted 99 remaining one. He was nabbed during the screening of passengers on KLM flight. Chimezie was to deliver the drug in Amsterdam for a fee of 4,500 Euros and proceed to Hamburg to buy electronics.

He hails from Aba-Ngwa Local Government Area in Abia State.Also arrested is one Usman that arrived from Brazil last on Wednesday. He tested positive for drug ingestion during screening of passengers on Emirate flight and he was placed under observation.

He confessed to have ingested 40 wraps of cocaine for which he would have been paid the sum of 300,000 naira. As at yesterday morning, he had excreted 40 wraps weighing 961 grammes, he has been placed under observation. Usman resides at No. 16 Kosoko Street Lagos Island.

He said "I travelled to Brazil with the hope of going to Europe but I had problem with my travel documents so instead of coming home empty I was asked to take the drugs to Nigeria".

Meanwhile, NDLEA has employed the services of a team of doctors to save a drug suspect, Anthony Hyginus, from premature death be removing a wrap of cocaine from his stomach. The suspect was caught on December 25, 2008 on his way to Spain for ingesting 100 wraps of substances that tested positive for cocaine. He excreted 99 wraps remaining one and needed doctors’ assistance to save his life.

He was however lucky to have survived a major operation where the remaining wrap of cocaine was removed from his system. He is currently recuperating at the hospital in Lagos.
Re: Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by osisi2(f): 2:48am On Jan 17, 2009
Binta said: "I decided to carry drugs because I have many problems but the main reason is that I have been jobless in Italy for the past five years. My child in Nigeria used to send me money from her little business here".

She came to Nigeria on December 8, 2008 for the end of year celebration. She hails from Arochukwu Local Government Area in Abia State

maybe na ashawo sef
this kain 419 grandma
how many Igbos are named Binta Mohammed
Re: Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Treetop20(m): 2:50am On Jan 17, 2009
shameful
Re: Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by SeanT21(f): 3:04am On Jan 17, 2009
Grandma needs to get it on too tongue
Re: Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by osisi2(f): 3:07am On Jan 17, 2009
can you imagine?
she even hid some of the cocaine in her private part
I said it
she's an ashawo
Her "sumtin" is now the size of a warehouse after multiple entrance per day
tufiakwa!
Re: Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by JJYOU: 3:14am On Jan 17, 2009
**osisi:

maybe na ashawo sef
this kain 419 grandma
how many Igbos are named Binta Mohammed
igbo don get alhaji chukwura and alhaja ngozi now. dem don spoil that our country.

this one na italian madam. you know credit is crunching even their clients in europe.
Re: Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by osisi2(f): 3:19am On Jan 17, 2009
JJYOU:

igbo don get alhaji chukwura and alhaja ngozi now. dem don spoil that our country.

this one na italian madam. you know credit is crunching even their clients in europe.

This one na Hajiya Binta
Hajiya with a stuffed "abunna"
Re: Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by earTHMama: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2009
There is no limit to what igbos can do. when I saw the headline of this story, i knew she must be igbo. Only an igbo grandmother fit do that kin thing. May be her father is Fulani like Ifygurl.tongue tongue
Re: Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by JJYOU: 9:54am On Jan 17, 2009
earTHMama:

There is no limit to what igbos can do. when I saw the headline of this story, i knew she must be igbo. Only an igbo grandmother fit do that kin thing. May be her father is Fulani like Ifygurl.tongue tongue
grow up my dear. holloway prison is full of yetundes, sikira and bisola's are those igbos too?
Re: Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by jamace(m): 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2009
can you imagine?
she even hid some of the cocaine in her private part
I said it
she's an ashawo
Her "sumtin" is now the size of a warehouse after multiple entrance per day
tufiakwa!

grin grin grin grin Ahhhhhh Osisi, you have cracked my ribs.
Re: Grandma Arrested With Cocaine At Murtala Mohammed Airport by hajifaty: 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

(1) (Reply)

Power Bank Electricutes Girl In Ghana- Viewers Discretion Adviced / The Supernatural Is Real....my First Hand Experience, For Nl Doubters / Domestic Staff Killed Futa's Former VC, Prof Albert Ilemobade-police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.