Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,763 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi (37782 Views)

Soldiers Shoot At Policemen Along Bauchi-Jos Road In Error / Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza, Warri, Delta State / Soldiers Shoot Olajideide Sipe In Festac (A Lawyer) - Gaphic photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by EOOJ(m): 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2015
Omooba77:
Prof Ango Abdullahi Shot In Bauchi

Vanguard gathered that the former Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, attacked his car as soldiers shot at the car as his driver overtook a military convoy.

Narrating what happened to newsmen in Bauchi yesterday, Professor Abdullahi said he was on his way for an official assignment at Bauchi State University, Gadau, where he is the chairman of the university’s governing council.

“It was in the morning as I was travelling in my official car with my driver. I was going to Gadau for a meeting. We had just passed the Awala Hotel roundabout when I saw a military convoy moving very slowly.

“I was trying to catch up for the meeting, so my driver overtook the military convoy. The next thing I knew they opened fire at us, with bullets were sprayed on the car.

“The bullets damaged the engine of the car, damaged the car that we had to park by the road side. The soldiers came out and were shouting angrily at us.

“They were demanding to know why we wanted to overtake them, asking if we didn’t know that the soldiers were exporting sensitive materials,” he said.

According to him, “they just left us there and continued their movement. I have never seen such a reckless act.

“I called the Commissioner for Higher Education and told him. The Commissioner for Higher Education called the security agencies chiefs to inform them of what happened.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-1qcEtYNUx5s/UPPcWqZxVFI/AAAAAAAAZpw/CluOqEkpbaY/s400/ango_abdullahi.jpg[/img]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/prof-ango-abdullahi-shot-in-bauchi/

He is to blame naaaa....don't he knw dat one is not supposed to ova take convoyssss If he likes let him call oga aat d top, notin wud happen to d green boyz

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by duran2059(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
Jerryolumide:
really is your IQ that low They should stop him and ask him What if he was trying to attack them??

Hear yourself, and they stopped to shout at him?
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
ylaa:
how i want take know? i be military? is that y they shot at his car? what if he was killed? see military convey or civilian convoy, we all r equal before God. this i-better-pass-u attitude should stop.

I see u as a kid,and cos an adult won't talk dis way,an adult won't talk dis way.......so I have no discussion with u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
ylaa:
how i want take know? i be military? is that y they shot at his car? what if he was killed? see military convey or civilian convoy, we all r equal before God. this i-better-pass-u attitude should stop.

u r jst being ignorant.......so I have no discussion with u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by austertee01(m): 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
GboyegaD:
Why would they attack him? Is it that no one has the right to overtake a military convoy? Why wouldn't they stop him to know why he had to overtake them? I am waiting to read the press release of the Nigerian Army on this.

Then u must be a fool of u are attaching some political sentiment to this. I would be a crime to overtake a military convoy in a state like Kaduna where there is hostility...
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by xcommando(m): 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
hotice01:
well,in Nigeria everybody likes to claim right.when force is used to correct them,they blame the Government, president or system.
Why will a Prof. who ought to be very knowledgeable try to overtake a military convoy conveying sensitive equipment at this time.
The soldiers did the right thing to the best of their knowledge. They thought it could be suicide bombers or an attack on them.
Because he is a professor doesn't make him immune to suspicion.
we should leave sentiments apart,if you where a soldier risking your life for your country,and u find yourself in such a situation,what will you do?
Note-They didn't assault him,they only immobilized his vehicle.

Bross even ordinary police CONVOY sef i no fit overtake not to talk of military CONVOY in this part of the country?. 2 or 3years ago in hotoro kano when guys inside a golf throw bomb inside a patrol van thank God for the bravity of the policemen iinside the van,as the bomb which was inside a can was landing in the van one of the policemen took it and throw it back at them before they were arrested
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by otunbadan(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
refreshrate:

simple! most of the people commenting contrary to this are failing to realize its a terrorist laden zone and every precaution needs to be carried out. Tired of reading last facebook posting of soldiers before they were killed by the insurgents. If the man is really as schooled as he claimed he should have known better after all those chaps are even there risking their lives cos of people like him what would it cost to be a bit patient? If na me sef the back of the convoy i go follow till we reach the destination or turn off point seriously where could possibly be safer in those places?
The man is not serious abeg

The funniest part is that they act shot at the engine block of the car to de mobilise,they didn't shoot the prof, everybody child with mb is vexing for soldiers who have the first job of staying alive
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by hotice01: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
Emmahunk:

I have read so many trash since I joined Nairaland but none as irritating as this bullshit. Anyway since brainless maggots are given a say in this forum, what can I say!
Security experts on this forum who definitely know without spelling it out that the soldiers gave that excuse to justify their stupid action and confuse your type also know that members of the public hardly know when sensitive military hardwares are moved. They finally stopped the convoy to shout at the Prof after pumping bullets into his car. What if the prof's car was a mere decoy, where then was their security awareness?
You can continue basking in the euphoria of your ignorance and unwillingness to learn.

u know arguing with stupid peeps is a big waste of time because they'll drag u down to their level and beat u with experience and expertise in stupidity.
I'm happy u can show ur educated illiteracy.
Oya clap for urself.u win,satisfied?!SMH
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by hotice01: 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
xcommando:

Bross even ordinary police CONVOY sef i no fit overtake not to talk of military CONVOY in this part of the country?. 2 or 3years ago in hotoro kano when guys inside a golf throw bomb inside a patrol van thank God for the bravity of the policemen iinside the van,as the bomb which was inside a can was landing in the van one of the policemen took it and throw it back at them before they were arrested

Bro some peeps here don't understand the true situation of things on ground.Thank God say u see something like that.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by EOOJ(m): 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
dre11:
This show how reckless our men in uniform could be......

Thank your star you aren't dead by now because it would have counted for nothing

But normally one is not supposed to over take convoyss naaa...what was he tinkin Na him cos wahala for himself
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by Emmahunk(m): 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
hotice01:

u know arguing with stupid peeps is a big waste of time because they'll drag u down to their level and beat u with experience and expertise in stupidity.
I'm happy u can show ur educated illiteracy.
Oya clap for urself.u èwin,satisfied?!SMH

Hahahahahaha, this man here is too busy and too grounded in the issues of discuss for an Internet bum of your type.
Know what? Guess it's high time l handed you over to some of my boys to take you to the cleaners in your own lousy game
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by hotice01: 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
[quote author=Emmahunk post=31763479]

Hahahahahaha, this man here is too busy and too grounded in the issues of discuss for an Internet bum of your type.
Know what? Guess it's high time l handed you over to some of my boys to take you to the cleaners in your own lousy game [/quote

when u done basking in the euphoria of ur self induced stupidity and show of shame,be man enough to take urself to the cleaners.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by hotice01: 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Emmahunk:

Know what? Guess it's high time l handed you over to some of my boys to take you to the cleaners in your own lousy game

when u done basking in the euphoria of ur self induced stupidity
and show of shame,be man enough to take urself to the cleaners.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by jide333(m): 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
GboyegaD:

E pain you so tey you wan cry, I no pity you anyways since you think it is ideal to queue up behind a convoy that has reduced to move at a lower speed below speed limit.

There's no convoy that'll choose to move on lower speed, only if there'd been a traffic jam of so... About you thinking i wan cry yes you are right. I wan cry coz you're so daft and i pity your children, just imagining how learned they'll be when they grow up since you're this daft.. Mumu scum like you.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by zyzybabe1: 11:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
atlwireles:
You try to overtake a military convoy in boko haram sensitive zone? Thank your God they did not kill you by mistake.

You forgot to add that they will kill him an d absolutely nothing will happen.These fellows,looking for incidents to further heighten the tension.A northern elder statesman,knowing the current situation in the NE,dared to pull that irresponsible stunt?

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by timunstopable: 12:17am On Mar 19, 2015
meforyou1:
Why did the driver overtake a convoy of military vehicles in a north eastern village if not that he's asking to get shot at?
is Bauchi NE
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by profibknoni: 12:34am On Mar 19, 2015
anubody that obstruct the war aginst boko
haram should be shot.
survivors should be invited by jtf for
brainwashing.

shoro niyen sha
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by Dio1(m): 12:56am On Mar 19, 2015
lonelydora:

I don't reply foo.ls like you. I'm sure I know more than you when it comes to road laws.
You need help , everyone with a basic high school diploma knows that highways have speed limits . People like you are the problem this country has .
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by azzima(m): 1:04am On Mar 19, 2015
tit:
anubody that obstruct the war aginst boko haram should be shot.
survivors should be invited by jtf for brainwashing.
too many kids on this site, I swear . Someone was almost killed for dumb reasons and you are here spitting goro. I pray it will be your father next. MUMU!!
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by chax100(f): 1:06am On Mar 19, 2015
tit:
anubody that obstruct the war aginst boko haram should be shot.

Survivors will be shoot again. #Gbam!
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by dokyOloye: 1:51am On Mar 19, 2015
DaBullIT:
[size=3pt]This goat,must U abuse b4 U make Ur point?
Do U know how many soldiers that have died by suicide bombing where d bombers ram their cars into military cars or checkpoints?Have U not been reading news?U have probably never left the slum where U live in Lagos,that's why U can comfortably sit back and spew this trash.
Bauchi is a high risk area in this boko haram menace,d soldiers have a right to defend their lives by all means,they are human wt families and loved ones.Ask ppl if U don't know,anybody living in d north knows U don't overtake a military convoy,answer calls @ d checkpoints or drive into a checkpoint wtout being waved on.
Prof shld thank God he is alive to tell d story.
Finally,na Ur whole generation be slave,ewu gambia

So many slaves of democracy, slaves of reality, slaves in Africa forming I too know

[/size]
Whatever the case may be, The military convoy did not have any rights under law to shoot anyone for overtaking their convoy

If the professor trailed behind the convoy for hours, these same set of idiotas will say he has a mission

And that's why police, civil defense and soldiers will continue to shoot, torture, maim, and even kill Nigerians unchecked

Quote me to insult me, let me lecture your fathers and mothers for transferring that slave mentality to you, if they have fought this mentality in their time, You lots will know it's wrong for any and every reason to shoot at a civilian driving past a convoy

Èyin erú ayé

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by dokyOloye: 2:01am On Mar 19, 2015
Olufhemy:

Oh!, my error,probably owing to its proximity with the NW. Still doesn't justify the actions of the military.
my dear brother,ask if U don't know,anybody living in d north presently knows U don't drive into a checkpoint wtout being waved on,make or answer calls in a checkpoint or overtake a military convoy.
The only exception to this are few places like Benue,Niger,Kogi,Kwara,Sokoto and maybe Kebbi.
The prof lives in Kano and probably knows this well but was just displaying his born to rule arrogance.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by uboma(m): 3:01am On Mar 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
Why would they attack him? Is it that no one has the right to overtake a military convoy? Why wouldn't they stop him to know why he had to overtake them? I am waiting to read the press release of the Nigerian Army on this.

I am also waiting for the press release condeming the action of these soldiers by the Nigerian Army. The soldiers went over-board and will be punished accordingly.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by gogodaye(m): 4:54am On Mar 19, 2015
CharlesPhc:
Prof needs to attend a time management class again. How would you leave your home later than when it would take you to drive to your destination? I had an employee fired for poor time management. Poor calculation of distance to your destination and knowing when to leave your Point A if you intend to get to Point B at a given time...
Prof literally ran the ministries he was assigned to head aground under the IBB regime.........it is ingrained in him.....
Dares to overtake a military convoy in a reckless manner and has the affront to complain that he was shot at......
The C/O of the platoon, moving that hardware should court Marshall the privates who had done the shooting for missing their target.....
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by tit(f): 5:07am On Mar 19, 2015
gogodaye:

Prof literally ran the ministries he was assigned to head aground under the IBB regime.........it is ingrained in him.....
Dares to overtake a military convoy in a reckless manner and has the affront to complain that he was shot at......
The C/O of the platoon, moving that hardware should court Marshall the privates who had done the shooting for missing their target.....

i cannot believe my eyes on this thread!
some of these guys would b happy if a suicide bomb blastter the convoy.

i Thank Allah the soldiers were on high alert for saboteurs!
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by meforyou1(m): 6:32am On Mar 19, 2015
timunstopable:

is Bauchi NE
is it SW?
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by franugo(m): 7:41am On Mar 19, 2015
tit:
anybody that obstruct the war against boko haram should be shot.

i just don't understand u at all. Is it dt u were dropped on ur head as a kid or what Why must all of ur comments be senseless
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by vastolord4(m): 7:44am On Mar 19, 2015
adssguy:
Choi nsija
is this where ur from?
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by mfm04622: 8:28am On Mar 19, 2015
atlwireles:
You try to overtake a military convoy in boko haram sensitive zone? Thank your God they did not kill you by mistake.

This happened in Bauchi! What is the Boko Haram sensitive in Bauchi? This is how you excuse stupid things because it didn't happen to you or your family.
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by zart24: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2015
tit:
anybody that obstruct the war against boko haram should be shot.
Your mouth is as dirty as dat of PEJ. foooool
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by IGWISE(m): 9:13am On Mar 19, 2015
Were is the picture?
Re: Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi by obynoses(m): 9:26am On Mar 19, 2015
y wud u overtake army in states of insurgencies. they did dat for self defense. cos u myt b a boko haram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria / Gbajabiamila Tops List Of Contenders For Tinubu’s Chief Of Staff / Defecting PDP Members Will Come Back On Empty Stomachs - Jonathan (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.