Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram (14980 Views)

Presidency Moves Against Terror Attack In Villa / Igbos Seem To Support Shiite Muslims Against Army / US Congressman In Nigeria To Discuss ISIS & Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by dazangel11(f): 10:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
sameer1212:
Hmmmm. Well, dazangel11, I am not an extremist and religion fanatic, Just that the way some silly boys attack islam and muslims here is very unfair. I was surprise to see a lady doing so because is very rare. I have nothing against u,all what am saying is things like this are not good for u. No offence ma'am.

they attack and make fun of Islam because they know it makes Muslims angry

they do it to Christians too but the xtians choose to ignore which is better
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by lusciouslex: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
yusufbida:
Nye kama Bible nte Toilet paper ku ufok mmi yak aneke. Ubiak
Annofia
Such an uncircumcised Fulani herdsman. Woe betides you in the Delta.
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by medamillion(m): 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
Rexyl:

Simple task for you: quote messages of hate, bitterness and violence you found in CHRIST. This task may not be for you only, I challenge everyone that subscribes to your belief.
Let the show begin! I actually wanted to take. a neutral stance on this issue by not condemning any religion, but you just made me to change my mind. Now, are you ready for the challenge?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
dazangel11:

they attack and make fun of Islam because they know it makes Muslims angry

they do it to Christians too but the xtians choose to ignore which is better
Ok I guess we also have to learn how to ignore. When I first saw ur comment, my instinct told me that u are not a religion bigot, may be am right to some extend. Nice talking to u cheers!
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by yusufbida(m): 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
lusciouslex:
Such an uncircumcised Fulani herdsman. Woe betides you in the Delta.
U and ur entire generation are foolz.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by dazangel11(f): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
sameer1212:
Ok I guess we also have to learn how to ignore. When I first saw ur comment, my instinct told me that u are not a religion bigot, may be am right to some extend. Nice talking to u cheers!

in my secondary school days when they tease you or reaction will determine if they continue or stop. if u laugh over it they may stop teasing you but if you get angry then the scolding continues. you guys should learn to ignore what people say about or religion it helps the recent magazine cartoon comes to mind
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by medamillion(m): 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
Rexyl:

It's all because you lack the knowledge. How could you detest CHRIST MESSAGE and those SINCERELY proclaiming it if you are in the side of Almighty God that sent CHRIST for spiritual needs of the whole world?
You really lack knowledge of realities on ground, you talk like those Sunday school children. ISLAM remains the ORDAINED religion of GOD. The Quran is the Holy book guidiance to mankind. It is the book without different version like the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
dazangel11:

in my secondary school days when they tease you or reaction will determine if they continue or stop. if u laugh over it they may stop teasing you but if you get angry then the scolding continues. you guys should learn to ignore what people say about or religion it helps the recent magazine cartoon comes to mind
Yeah! Though sometimes we saw it like oppression/intimidation from other religions because we didn't have the same belief with them. But as u said earlier that we should learn how to ignore, I think that's will be the best thing to do. U just make my day by saying so... Thanks
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by drstrategy(m): 11:50pm On Mar 19, 2015
MrCork:

..foooolish how?... U Kant handle the truth??.... Goat! (no ofeeense) undecided
wats dis fool talkin about....u lack knowledge of the reality onground.....wise up man
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by kuuljay(m): 4:57am On Mar 20, 2015
sameer1212:
EVERY muslim is a potential terrorist Imagine this statement at ur age? I still stand with my words that I am really disappointed in u old man.
if you are a Muslim then I don't expect you to say otherwise.abeg free me your mates are in sambisa Iraq or Syria doing the needful
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by MrCork: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2015
drstrategy:

wats dis fool talkin about....u lack knowledge of the reality onground.....wise up man

.....wise up how?....brother ..since when did anybory like muslims??....even u sef don't like those people.... all they do is marry 4 wifes inludin under girls an then make the world oncomfort table place to live in (no ofeeinse) angry
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by drstrategy(m): 10:59am On Mar 20, 2015
MrCork:

.....wise up how?....brother ..since when did anybory like muslims??....even u sef don't like those people.... all they do is marry 4 wifes inludin under girls an then make the world oncomfort table place to live in (no ofeeinse) angry
jus
listen to urself.... stop bein childish man.... n fr
ur information , am a muslim.. muslims are peace loving people....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 20, 2015
kuuljay:
if you are a Muslim then I don't expect you to say otherwise.abeg free me your mates are in sambisa Iraq or Syria doing the needful
Replying u is just waste of time old man. A fool at 40 will always be a fool forever. No offence.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by kuuljay(m): 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
sameer1212:
Replying u is just waste of time old man. A fool at 40 will always be a fool forever. No offence.
go blow yourself up if you feel pained.bloody terrorist
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by MrCork: 12:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
drstrategy:

jus
listen to urself.... stop bein childish man.... n fr
ur information , am a muslim.. muslims are peace loving people....

....yea right....who dose boko worship??.... u can nevar see me travelin to a muslim country for holiday..

...Bro u people are the same world wide ans should move to an other planet!!

...freee Dom of spech is not illegal (no ofeeense)
angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
kuuljay:
go blow yourself up if you feel pained.bloody terrorist
see ur big hear like paw paw... Old man when will u get sense? U are fool for insulting me. Did I insult u? Mumu old man.
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by kuuljay(m): 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
sameer1212:
see ur big hear like paw paw... Old man when will u get sense? U are fool for insulting me. Did I insult u? Mumu old man.
I said go blow yourself up or don't you want to Bleep some virgins grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by drstrategy(m): 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
MrCork:

....yea right....who dose boko worship??.... u can nevar see me travelin to a muslim country for holiday..
u knw wat,,,, u r 2 ignorant.....dats all i wil hv to say... mouthchw

angry
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by vicchi12(f): 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
openmine:

grin grin Indeed stupidity has really consumed ur indomie distorted brain grin grin grin....dat u still refer 2 ur self as a human only shows ur poor educational background....wat insolence....how old are u??..I can officially say at dis stage in ur life dat a chubby puppy has more intelligence dan ur very self....go get a life... grin grin grin grin
Nice way to clap back. However, best believe that I am far more educated than your ancestors could ever have been, and far more intelligent than your generations to come will ever be wink your statements are outrageous and absurd, a retard will do better. If you'll excuse me, I have people who are far more enlightened than you could ever dream to be, to quote and discuss reasonable things with.
Grab your tiny-pinky-stink dicck , and choke on it! ..... wink
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by openmine(m): 12:06am On Mar 21, 2015
vicchi12:

Nice way to clap back. However, best believe that I am far more educated than your ancestors could ever have been, and far more intelligent than your generations to come will ever be wink your statements are outrageous and absurd, a retard will do better. If you'll excuse me, I have people who are far more enlightened than you could ever dream to be, to quote and discuss reasonable things with.
Grab your tiny-pinky-stink dicck , and choke on it! ..... wink
shocked shocked shocked shocked When i said u had an indomie mixed brain dat has been cocooned and quagmired,i though i made an over-estimation,now its obvious someone mistakenly let u out of a cage..how u got a system and internet is still a debate grin grin...have u taken ur tablet 2day grin grin grin....

Stupidity is wen u ahbor d futile thought of being more "educated" dan ancestors u hardly met or knew before,
Mumuism grin is wen ur pea-sized brain wit nothing but fart air keeps trying in vain 2 believe dat it can overtake generations 3billion times d speed of light in terms of intelligence...U well at all?? grin grin grin
Ur brain is really in a state of idiocy.....U seriously need help grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin do u know d meaning of dat word called enlightened wen Ur totally adulterated and stinking brain cant even process d diference between info and garbage.....i pity ur type of friends because dey will get nothing but garbage from ur distorted cells.... lipsrsealed
Now run along u over-pampered,over-sexed and over-sized b.affon... cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by Joyful77: 12:40am On Mar 21, 2015
MrCork:

.....bro...you muslim people nid go bak to Mars....earth is full (no offiense) angry

That will happen in your dreams!! Your dumb wish is 1400years too late!!! Christian bigot posting offensive messages up and down saying "no offense"undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by Joyful77: 1:04am On Mar 21, 2015
Rexyl:

You reveal the ignorance in you about the meaning of Christianity. You know nothing about who Christ is and the purpose of his message. If you want to learn about God, Christ, Christian religion and the message of grace for the whole world follow me to learn from the Bible on Sundays.

@ medamillion.... Your write up is wrong and misleading, it shows your ignorance about Christianity. Quote where in the Bible Christ's words/messages support or promote violence and killing. Then your argument can be reasonable

2 Chronicles 15: 12-13
"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman"

Deutronomy 17: 12
"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel"

Exodus 22:19
"Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed"

Deutronomy 13: 13-19
"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."

Deutronomy 13: 7-12
"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst"

Deutronomy 17: 2-5
"Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death"

Deutronomy 20:10-14
10When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies.

Hosea 13:16
The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."

BIBLE ALSO SANCTIONS RAPE

Numbers 15-18
15“Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16“They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man"

Isiah 13:16
"Their children will be smashed to death before their eyes; their houses will be looted, and their wives raped"

Zechariah 14:2
I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.

In conclusion, you can't claim that we should ignore them because it's the Old Testament, Jesus sanctioned all those brutal laws in many bible verses, two of them are below...

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished" (Matthew 5:17-18)

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by medamillion(m): 1:08am On Mar 21, 2015
Joyful77:

"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman"

"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel"

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst"

"Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death"

10When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies.

The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."

Numbers 15-18
15“Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16“They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man"

"Their children will be smashed to death before their eyes; their houses will be looted, and their wives raped"

I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.

In conclusion, you can't claim that we should ignore them because it's the Old Testament, Jesus sanctioned all those brutal laws in many bible verses, two of them are below...

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished" (Matthew 5:17-18)

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34)
The hypocrites willnot see anything wrong in this, they only like to cry about Islam

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by Joyful77: 1:15am On Mar 21, 2015
medamillion:
The hypocrites willnot see anything wrong in this, they only like to cry about Islam

Don't mind those bunch of hypocritical loosers!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by Rexyl(m): 8:23am On Mar 21, 2015
Joyful77:

Numbers 15-18

See yourself you can't even read with understanding. YOU JUST SHOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT. For as long as you decide to read Bible in part that suits your selfish interests you will never see the light of the message and discover all you need to love God with all your heart, love others as you love yourself, possess clean heart that will love to do good without wishing anyone any evil, and for salvation of your soul. Many people like you will just pick verses of old testament which you think can give permission to your violence and encourage wickedness. SORRY, YOU MISSED IT ALL. YOU AND OTHERS LIKE YOU WILL NOT LIKE TO REPENT, INSTEAD YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH LIVING IN THE PAST- And you will think your excuses are genuine in ignorance. BIBLE HAS ALREADY WARNED PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO LEARN OF GOD WITH BETTER UNDERSTANDING... IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU BIBLE STATES, THEY ARE PERISHING FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.

Take time to read full message of Christ with deep thought and understanding in it's direct form. The message is very clear. Study the whole chapter which goes thus:
Matthew 5 New International Version (NIV)

Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount
5 Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them.

The Beatitudes
He said:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Salt and Light
13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Murder
21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[b][c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Adultery
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Divorce
31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’[f] 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Oaths
33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.[g]

Eye for Eye
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

You also quoted Jesus as saying he did not come to destroy the law but to fulfil it even the least part of the law. Do you know the law and understand Biblical principles abou it? Where in the Bible can you get it, and can you be so knowledgeable to observe every bit of law and live a perfect life based on it? No. That's reason Jesus summarized the law and came up with what you have to do to please God and escape punishment of breaking His commandment.

Read: Matthew 22
The Greatest Commandment
34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by boykas(m): 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
MrCork:

angry

if we all are..believe me you will dead by immediately a Muslim knew u r xtian.
no insult
Re: Nigerian Group 'muslims Against Terror' Denounce ISIS, Boko Haram by boykas(m): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
MrCork:

angry

if we all are..believe me you will dead by now immediately a Muslim knew u r xtian.
no insult

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Julius Maada Bio, President Of Sierra Leone (Photos) / APC Holds Rally For Tinubu And Kano State Candidates In Rano LG (Pictures) / Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.