Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls (14802 Views)

NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS / NCC To Fine Network Providers N5m For Unsolicited Text Messages / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by slightlyMad(f): 11:21am On Mar 19, 2015
finally grin
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by kachnov(m): 11:23am On Mar 19, 2015
While reading this thread ,

Get instant airtime in the Brain-Wave Game now!Davido is a?A.Boxer.B.Singer.C.Journalist .
Send A,B or C to 5032. N10/SMS .

That came in.
grin embarassed grin
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by pat077: 11:26am On Mar 19, 2015
Long overdue. sadLong overdue.
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Bolosiye: 11:31am On Mar 19, 2015
Rodriquez:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ncc-to-sanction-operators-for-unsolicited-sms-voice-calls/204518/

Make una start with Airtel
thiswill be a welcome developement, i get anonymouse callsdaily on per hour billing from GlO and it's getting really frustrating
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by EOOJ(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2015
Atlast NCC don wake abi I no gree jare..... Seeing is believing o!!!
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Change2015(m): 11:34am On Mar 19, 2015
ifeomaekol:
please how do I go about the downloading? Is it for all phones?

Android but I think iPhone has a version. It is useful for detecting pest callers but you must use 3g.

#change
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by idia101(f): 11:50am On Mar 19, 2015
kennygee:
GLO should be number 1.

Those stupid calls they make is annoying.

Now they even call you with 11 digit number so you think its a human being calling you.

angry

Asin ehn so true, just calld deir customer care nw sef, I begin dey as dem weder I win moni sef, cos d callz don 2much, text messgz nko?! Overmuch angry
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Trunaijian: 11:55am On Mar 19, 2015
Tolexander:
we will very love that!

Imagine mtn sending a message to me asking me to text COLOR to 30506 to know the color of the cat that fits being your pet, each SMS cost 50naira.

Shey dem mad ni?
lol
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by tonquendo4u(m): 11:56am On Mar 19, 2015
Very very important o.and fast. Am tired of dose shits
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by tomzman: 12:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
Long overdue
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Burlah4u2c(m): 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
mtn and their nonsense

Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by irishCream: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
Chinatownm:

bros Na lie, truecaller only identifies numbers already registered on d app. as for blocking the numbers dat one is possible.

But I still receive the useless sms even after blocking the numbers with the app cry cry

Or is it another app you guys used? Help a sis please
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by castruccio(m): 12:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ehen issoririte...

Anyway... Do You Know You Can Create the Lifestyle You Ever Desire and Do Same for Others?

http://biznessbuildup.com/h21.html
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Greatzeus(m): 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Searching for the job i love best(Teaching).I'm a graduate with little teaching experience,area of expertise are Acct,Econs,Comm,B\Studies.Incase any NL could help,ogba\ikeja n environ.(ayodeleofbethel@gmail.com)
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by fortech91(m): 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
good
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by ollyruffy: 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
But seriously. Is NCC still existing? We will answer that question if the operators stop these texts and calls or be sanctioned as stated.
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by baybiemee: 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
It's about time. Start with mtn please.
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by george3132001(m): 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
I got one as I was abt writing my response, these unsolicited messages are so annoying.
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by gbajike(m): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
"Director, Public Affairs of NCC, Mr. Tony Ojobo, who also shared the pains of subscribers over unsolicited messages and voice calls, called on subscribers to challenge the operators by calling them to stop such broadcast, each time they received unsolicited text messages and voice calls"

I had to read this statement again and again. Its such an incredible reaction from an official-if not laughable! It raises a lot of questions. Does NCC really think these operators will respond to any complaint I make? Or has NCC forgotten they wield the power to sanction? Why dump that responsibility on the customer who is not empowered? Or is NCC afraid to ACT?!
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by wordcat(m): 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
As I want comment na hin this one just enter;

Dear Frenszo User!! To Unsubscribed Frenszo Chat send STOP to 547.

My people, make una help me ask Glo wetin be Frenszo.
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by decepticos(m): 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
they better b fast they must also face that stupid act of using up the space that they will usually charge me for ring back tune for advert which kin rubbish be DAT. I doubt I understand what I wrote.
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Mordyb: 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
Pls do especially etisalat [past 2 week ago] one strange always call me 12: 05 unfailingly i was scared it was those call and disappear numbers to the extent i don't answer calls by that time. fortunately one day i answered it and discovered it was callback tunes imagine the anger and foolishness i felt angry angry angry
the sooner the better
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Rajy00(m): 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lady: hello, goodevening, thanks for calling MTN customer care service, my name is Judith, what's your name and where are you calling from .

Me: hello, gd evening, my name is shegsky, and i'm calling from i.b.

Lady: How may i help you, shegsky?

Me: i'm looking for a wife to marry...

Lady: is that why you called this customer care service?

Me: Yes, and i think i'm already in love
with you...you know you have a very nice voice...

Lady: Hellooo, please, we only attend to issues about your MTN line, owkay...

Me: yes 0... This is an issue about my MTN line too.. because i spend much credit calling so many girls asking them about marriage.

Lady: please, I would have to put an end to this call.

Me: Baby don't talk like that now. I promise to
make you happy... you would be happy with me...can I have your number?

Lady: *raises her voice* come, mr man, I think something is wrong with you...

Me: *cutting in*... Hey, hold it there... I hope you can now feel how frustrating it is to receive a call and hear rubbish? From today, warn yourself and every other staff there.. let nobody call me with a funny number only for it to be an advert or send me those nonsense messages you guys disturb
my phone with daily like say am dating MTN...
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Neplusultra(f): 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
Tnk God. Yeye fowls!
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Bowaley17(m): 1:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
OMG... Imagine glo,airtel and etisalat calling you at 2am midnight with 11 digit number when u enjoying ur sleep.
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Euckybaby(f): 2:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
Start sanction ASAP am fed up with MTN and Airtel sms and calls... Even my hubby don't disturb me the way this network does
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Jok3r(m): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nairalanders, why don't you vote for a man that will improve the general situation of things in Nigeria, Come March 28th, NCC will know its duties of fighting for the benefits of Nigerians.

#Call10Bring5
#APCCHANGE
#SaiBuhari
#GMB/PYO

VOTE APC

Web
http://call10bring5.com/

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/call10bring5

Twitter
https://twitter.com/Call10Bring5

1 Share

Re: NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2015
Tbillz:
pls don't go mad for the sake of our unborn kids, pls swit

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin / Infinix Accessories Are now Available In Nigeria / Enjoy MTN Free Call To All Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.