Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,640 members, 7,955,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor (31508 Views)

"Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) / Angel Of Death: Dr. Josef Mengele, The Deadliest Doctor In Medical History. / 5 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy Without Using Condom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by Missmossy(f): 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
Aww this is so saddening. First pregnancy, God will give her another one.
Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by lovat(m): 12:49am On Mar 21, 2015
freecocoa:
OP sorry for your loss.

They ought to have made sure your wife's body is not resistant to quinine before injecting her with it.

Some of these doctors are just busy giving the medical personnels a bad name.
Areyou a doctor? Can you please stop soiling peoples profession because you want to contribute. Take time to read some MD's comment on this thread plz
Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by freecocoa(f): 1:14am On Mar 21, 2015
lovat:
Areyou a doctor? Can you please stop soiling peoples profession because you want to contribute. Take time to read some MD's comment on this thread plz
I take whatever you believe in take beg you, just carry your r*pe justifying self very far away from me.

I can't entertain any nonsense this early biko.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by Desmog21(m): 3:56am On Mar 21, 2015
Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by omicron(m): 6:55am On Mar 21, 2015
Desmog21:

My brother let me enlightened you a little!

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration classifies quinine (Qualaquin) as a pregnancy Category C medication, which means it may not be safe for pregnant women to use this medication.

What Is Pregnancy Category C?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) uses a pregnancy category system to classify the possible risks to a fetus when a specific medicine is taken during pregnancy. Pregnancy Category C is given to medicines that have not been studied in pregnant humans, but appear to cause harm to the fetus in animal studies.

Can Pregnant Women Take Quinine?
Quinine sulfate (Qualaquin®) is a prescription medication used in the treatment of uncomplicated (mild) malaria.
Based on the results of animal studies, It may not be safe for pregnant women to take quinine.

Though many pregnant women have been treated for malaria with normal doses of quinine. Studies have looked at whether or not infants born to these women had an increased risk of problems compared to what would be expected from a normal pregnancy. These studies did not show an increased risk with quinine use.

However, there are cases of pregnant women taking very high quinine doses during the first trimester. In these cases, many of the infants were born with problems, including brain problems and abnormal limb development.

In addition, pregnant women may have a higher risk for low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) when given quinine.

Malaria can also increase the risk for miscarriage and premature labor. Therefore, it is very important that a pregnant woman with malaria be treated. Quinine is not the only treatment option for malaria; however, in some cases, it may be the best option available.

So in a conclusion, A healthcare provider will choose the best malaria treatment based on the risks and benefits of each option. A pregnancy Category C medicine, such as quinine, may be given to a pregnant woman If the healthcare provider believes that the benefits to the woman outweigh any possible risks to the unborn child.
omicron:

Quinine is not a category A drug. But it is safe for treatment of malaria in pregnancy. You should have known it means the benefit therein outweigh the risks.
It was thought to be aiding abortion historically, but that is only history. What is known now is that it is the malaria that caused the abortions.
I have not said that docs aint reaponsible for counselling patients, but patient self education is also helpful.
Lack of communication means the doctor did not counsel the patient adequately, and the patient did not ask informed questions too.
Thanks for your responses. Byebye

Your opening statement is immature, like we were when we were med students. You should have made your points without feeling so good about yourself. All you have said have already been discussed before.

The whole essay you wrote can be summarised in my initial posts, one of which i quoted above.

This is a public forum, not a Pharmacology, OBGY or Public Health lecture room.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by lovat(m): 7:09am On Mar 21, 2015
freecocoa:
I take whatever you believe in take beg you, just carry your r*pe justifying self very far away from me.

I can't entertain any nonsense this early biko.
face the topic and stop talking gibberish
Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 21, 2015
doctokwus:
U didn't mention the names of d drug your wife got from d pharmacist,that she was taking before she saw d doctor.
Can u provide dis information and indeed any all other drugs or supplements she took b4 d miscarriage?
Indeed quinine if u are sure is d name of d injection she was given is not adviced,particularly d first 3mths of pregnancy,but to know d culprit u have to have a good history of all she took.
Dr. I like the question u asked; about the drugs they took prior to vvisiting the Doctor; but just to inform you; quinine is a very safe drug to use in the 1st trimester of pregnancy.. So should the doctor had used quinine; then I believe dat wouldn't have caused the prooblem. On the contrary; the OP had been taking ACT before presentation to d hospital, and that drug is not suitable in anyway 4 1st trimestter pregnancy..
offshoreking:

he first drug she took 2 times one tablet each is ( Coarcem B/F 80/480 Milligram, ) she took it in the night and morning the next day before we went to the doctor.
D my brother; I think going on an accussing spray and calling that doctor quark is very irresponsible of u; several thing might have accounted for your supposed miscarriage; possibly the 1st drug she took from the pharmacy b4 seeing the doctor; also possibly many 1st trimester pregnancies, usually abort for unknown reasons and possibly defective foetuses; the body naturally expels them (be rest assured if u had gone up with that case u would have lost woefully)... And its so obvious when u hewr ill trained nurses talk(I can bet all I have dat ur sister inlaw; at best is an ND holder)... Where on earth do they give drugs to "wash" the womb of woman that had miscarriage? (If it is incomplete; an MVA is done) IF not, like in ur case d scan revealed nothing was left; so what was ur sister inlaw using drugs to "wash". (U just came her to expose her quackery and foolery; she deserves to hide her heads, and shouldn't dear trying to discredit things beyyond her comprehension)... The only place I could fault the doctor was when u came at night; and they had to turn u n ur wife back(that wasn't a nice practise)
Desmog21:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration classifies quinine (Qualaquin) as a pregnancy Category C medication, which means it may not be safe for pregnant women to use this medication.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) uses a pregnancy category system to classify the possible risks to a fetus when a specific medicine is taken during pregnancy. Pregnancy Category C is given to medicines that have not been studied in pregnant humans, but appear to cause harm to the fetus in animal studies.
Quinine sulfate (Qualaquin®) is a prescription medication used in the treatment of uncomplicated (mild) malaria.
Based on the results of animal studies, It may not be safe for pregnant women to take quinine.
Though many pregnant women have been treated for malaria with normal doses of quinine. Studies have looked at whether or not infants born to these women had an increased risk of problems compared to what would be expected from a normal pregnancy. These studies did not show an increased risk with quinine use.
However, there are cases of pregnant women taking very high quinine doses during the first trimester. In these cases, many of the infants were born with problems, including brain problems and abnormal limb development.
In addition, pregnant women may have a higher risk for low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) when given quinine.
Malaria can also increase the risk for miscarriage and premature labor. Therefore, it is very important that a pregnant woman with malaria be treated. Quinine is not the only treatment option for malaria; however, in some cases, it may be the best option available.
So in a conclusion, A healthcare provider will choose the best malaria treatment based on the risks and benefits of each option. A pregnancy Category C medicine, such as quinine, may be given to a pregnant woman If the healthcare provider believes that the benefits to the woman outweigh any possible risks to the unborn child.
mr. Trying to enlighten; ur post here does not depict u as a medical practitioner (if u happpen to be; then I'll be embarrassed to the bones) if U use FDA classifications as ur yard stick for treatment; even the write up u posted here; didn't condemn quinine use; it talked about complications when GIVEN IN OVERDOSE; do u expect a doctor to give a pregnant woman drugs in overdose? Being in category C does not in anyway contraindicate a drug being used in pregnancy at all, as almost all the antibiotics used in pregnancy is under that class BTW do u know the Paracetamol we give is under FDA category C; are u aware of that? Mr. Enlightener please read this and get enlightened. http://www.medicinesinpregnancy.org/Medicine--pregnancy/Quinine/ .. My brothers I detest seeing when we just see delight in rediculing our own and give so much credits to foreigners; its not healthy at all; I work in a suburban community; and I know the numbers of children and adults that coome in very bad shape, that I happen to have brought smiles again back to their faces (they never 4get me till date) likewise so many other doctors; it is very disheartening to come online and see all these rediculous mockery of doctors making many loose faith in the system... Most times the "quackery" we see; is just what we want to see;not 4rm a wrong practise; but from our incomprhension of the right medical practise
(Though they might be some issues; but its not as bad as we paint it always). Certainly the person that directed u to the doctor and recommended u to him; would have had pleasant encounters with him , and thus the referral; but that person didn't bother to come here n tell us of the wonderful results he got; but u went there; n a mishap befell u; not 4rm the doctor albeit; and u are here, abusing, denigrating; mocking; our health system... I'll want to ask u ; judge 4rm ur conscience is that fair? Please remove the address of that hospital from ur write up an apology still on same medium. Mods please delete this thread... Its abusing our system, and u peoople shouldn't be accessory to this crime... Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:53am On Mar 21, 2015
Desmog21:

This guy you have chosen to be ignorant even when an erudite professional ( Omicron ) has spoken to you ....

Omicron gave the current WHO recommendation on malaria in pregnancy and you are here blabbing on things you dont understand ! please desist !
Op sorry for your loss but you are fighting à wrong battle . The only thing i will accuse the doctor of , is loquaciousness but hé made the right calls .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2015
FlirtyKaren:

Hello dear OffshoreKing,

Can i share your story on a blog?
Hmmmn....you are more respected than this . The story is like à newborn baby that has too many wrinkles ! Consult professionals first before putting just any story on your blog !
Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by doctokwus: 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
killerman47:
Dr. I like the question u asked; about the drugs they took prior to vvisiting the Doctor; but just to inform you; quinine is a very safe drug to use in the 1st trimester of pregnancy.. So should the doctor had used quinine; then I believe dat wouldn't have caused the prooblem. On the contrary; the OP had been taking ACT before presentation to d hospital, and that drug is not suitable in anyway 4 1st trimestter pregnancy.. D my brother; I think going on an accussing spray and calling that doctor quark is very irresponsible of u; several thing might have accounted for your supposed miscarriage; possibly the 1st drug she took from the pharmacy b4 seeing the doctor; also possibly many 1st trimester pregnancies, usually abort for unknown reasons and possibly defective foetuses; the body naturally expels them (be rest assured if u had gone up with that case u would have lost woefully)... And its so obvious when u hewr ill trained nurses talk(I can bet all I have dat ur sister inlaw; at best is an ND holder)... Where on earth do they give drugs to "wash" the womb of woman that had miscarriage? (If it is incomplete; an MVA is done) IF not, like in ur case d scan revealed nothing was left; so what was ur sister inlaw using drugs to "wash". (U just came her to expose her quackery and foolery; she deserves to hide her heads, and shouldn't dear trying to discredit things beyyond her comprehension)... The only place I could fault the doctor was when u came at night; and they had to turn u n ur wife back(that wasn't a nice practise)
mr. Trying to enlighten; ur post here does not depict u as a medical practitioner (if u happpen to be; then I'll be embarrassed to the bones) if U use FDA classifications as ur yard stick for treatment; even the write up u posted here; didn't condemn quinine use; it talked about complications when GIVEN IN OVERDOSE; do u expect a doctor to give a pregnant woman drugs in overdose? Being in category C does not in anyway contraindicate a drug being used in pregnancy at all, as almost all the antibiotics used in pregnancy is under that class BTW do u know the Paracetamol we give is under FDA category C; are u aware of that? Mr. Enlightener please read this and get enlightened. http://www.medicinesinpregnancy.org/Medicine--pregnancy/Quinine/ .. My brothers I detest seeing when we just see delight in rediculing our own and give so much credits to foreigners; its not healthy at all; I work in a suburban community; and I know the numbers of children and adults that coome in very bad shape, that I happen to have brought smiles again back to their faces (they never 4get me till date) likewise so many other doctors; it is very disheartening to come online and see all these rediculous mockery of doctors making many loose faith in the system... Most times the "quackery" we see; is just what we want to see;not 4rm a wrong practise; but from our incomprhension of the right medical practise
(Though they might be some issues; but its not as bad as we paint it always). Certainly the person that directed u to the doctor and recommended u to him; would have had pleasant encounters with him , and thus the referral; but that person didn't bother to come here n tell us of the wonderful results he got; but u went there; n a mishap befell u; not 4rm the doctor albeit; and u are here, abusing, denigrating; mocking; our health system... I'll want to ask u ; judge 4rm ur conscience is that fair? Please remove the address of that hospital from ur write up an apology still on same medium. Mods please delete this thread... Its abusing our system, and u peoople shouldn't be accessory to this crime... Thank you.
Yeah.The safety of quinine might b established that's y I made mention of knowing what else she took;but one point all drs worth their salt bear in mind is that d best experience is from evidence based clinical experience.What in theory might b gud today might turn out bad due to clinical experiences,not what d books say.
Do u know for eg that as bad as chloroquine has been painted,even by d WHO, it still works effectively for some patients?
Its clear that d dr might have had no fault @all but for d sake of us all,d issues of what led to miscarriage should be a source of concern.
I however still maintain that malaria is overdiagnosed in Nigeria. Av seen many cases where using d new malaria test strip,there is no positive test,yet a patient comes with a lab result showing + and treatment is commenced.
Unless a patient is symptomatic for malaria in pregnancy in d first trimester ,I rather not treat,wait till d 2nd and start preventive treatment, rather than rush to treat and start being suspected of being a cause of a miscarriage that cud have happened in d first place.
Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by leo1234(m): 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
offshoreking:

No you are totally wrong here, no good doctor will give quinine to a pregnant woman, yes Malaria it work perfectly but once there is pregnancy, you don't have to use quinine, i spoke with few doctors after the incident.

Which drug did those doctors recommend?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by drmuchin: 8:28am On May 27, 2015
olenyi:

You just reminded me of the above novel and also the palm wine drunkard.

**nostalgic**
pls how do I reach u bro olenyi
Re: My Wife Lost Her Pregnancy In The Hand Of Qauck Doctor by olenyi: 1:47pm On May 27, 2015
drmuchin:
pls how do I reach u bro olenyi

Kindly send an sms before you call so I know its you calling.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missing Man's Body Recovered From A Dam In Benue (Disturbing Photo / What Can Cause This?? / 7 Ways To Prepare For Extreme Heat, As Dry Season Approaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.