Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

Rape and its causes - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rape and its causes (31007 Views)

I Lost My Virginity Through Rape And Also My Ability To Enjoy Sex / The Increasing Rate Of Rape And Abuse In Our Society / Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape and its causes by freecocoa(f): 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
Gboliwe:

If you try that, you will end up being the victim. I must warn you!
grin grin grin.

I don't think so, at most, we decide to do it the right way.
Re: Rape and its causes by Gboliwe: 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
Better! That's what self control should be about. Not blaming the victim.
Re: Rape and its causes by cooljude(m): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
lovat:
the organisers were arrested to produce the perperators, @ the end the organisers fished out the idiotss that carried out the shameful act.
ok. Cool
Re: Rape and its causes by coogar: 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
Gboliwe:

If you try that, you will end up being the victim. I must warn you!

how did you work that out, madam gboliwe.
are you aware i will deliberately not defend myself if i were to be cornered by freecocoa?
Re: Rape and its causes by Gboliwe: 7:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
coogar:

how did you work that out, madam gboliwe.
are you aware i will deliberately not defend myself if i were to be cornered by freecocoa?

Hahahaha. Yes, you may not defend yourself but you will make sure you enjoy it and that's where she might become the victim.
Re: Rape and its causes by Beamborla(f): 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
Rape and its causes, indeed.

I no wan comment... make I quietly lock up

1 Like

Re: Rape and its causes by coogar: 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
Gboliwe:

Hahahaha. Yes, you may not defend yourself but you will make sure you enjoy it and that's where she might become the victim.

enjoying it doesn't make her the victim. some räpe vïctims would have enjoyed the sėx too even if they would normally not consent to have sex with their attacker. grin
Re: Rape and its causes by Gboliwe: 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
coogar:

enjoying it doesn't make her the victim. some räpe vïctims would have enjoyed the sėx too even if they would normally not consent to have sex with their attacker. grin

shocked shocked you and the OP should be locked up together in a room angry
Re: Rape and its causes by elektra(f): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lovat. Your write-up is seriously flawed! Freecocoa and the rest are correcting you but you no wan hear.
Nothing a woman does should warrant her rape. Nothing at all. Indecent dressing? What about Muslim women(with their burkas) that are raped? The children nko? We should start dressing our kids in complete overalls abi?
Don't walk in the dark-women that are raped in broad day light nko?
The best way to reduce rape is to educate the MEN! Especially men like You, lovat! Educate men to lear to control themselves! Educate men not to blame the woman for their lack of self control! Also, studies have shown that rape is more about power than konji.

1 Like

Re: Rape and its causes by freecocoa(f): 8:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
Gboliwe:

I didn't think of this o, he will now give it to me harder than I may have wanted.grin
Re: Rape and its causes by Gboliwe: 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
freecocoa:
I didn't think of this o, he will now give it to me harder than I may have wanted.grin

Freecocoa! Who did this to you? You used to be an innocent girl, now you haff spoil finish!
Re: Rape and its causes by coogar: 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
Gboliwe:

shocked shocked you and the OP should be locked up together in a room angry

i am not gay, gboliwe....
why would you want to lock me in a room with another guy? grin

besides, i am against anything râpe & its variants. God made men a superior gender, he gave men 5 sensory organs & more to cajole a woman to do his bidding. why then would he reduce himself to an animal & force a woman to bed?
Re: Rape and its causes by Gboliwe: 8:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
coogar:

i am not gay, gboliwe....
why would you want to lock me in a room with another guy? grin

besides, i am against anything râpe & its variants. God made men a superior gender, he gave men 5 sensory organs & more to cajole a woman to do his bidding. why then would he reduce himself to an animal & force a woman to bed?

My bad! I didn't know OP is male. Chai! Why did I even reply this thread? I should have known it was a guy defending his fellow guys.
And at your reply, I can only say "hmmmmm" in its deepest form.
Re: Rape and its causes by freecocoa(f): 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
Gboliwe:

Freecocoa! Who did this to you? You used to be an innocent girl, now you haff spoil finish!
Lol, it's obvious na grin, besides, the young shall grow.
Re: Rape and its causes by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
Thieves broke into a married man's house one night. After stealing whatever to their satisfaction,they raped the wife in front of the husband. A woman that just came back from hospital after delivery. Not up to one week of giving birth.

@op, pls who should we blame?
Tell me the offense of that woman?
Re: Rape and its causes by RoyalRoy(m): 10:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
lovat:
during the last yuletide, there was street jamz organised by guys in my estate, d next morning we learnt a girl was raped around 3am, we the residents had to invite the police to arrest the organisers and deal with them, the question on peoples lips was why should a lady be out there with drunks and low lifers knowing the kind of society we find ourself. We ve banned street jamz in our estate now to prevent future occurrence

Dear Op, even as many people feel I should lock up your thread for insinuating that rape is "a fault of the victim", I want to respect your right to your opinion and keep it opened.

Bro, rape is criminal and not to be justified by any excuse. What you put up here is like trying to say if someone hits your car from behind, it's because you weren't on a high speed or you were too slow. So wrong.

You can't justify this post, its totally coming from a wrong perspective.

Hoping you accept that majority of us on your thread can't be so myopic to share the same point of view!!!
Re: Rape and its causes by kenny987(f): 10:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
moca:
Thieves broke into a married man's house one night. After stealing whatever to their satisfaction,they raped the wife in front of the husband. A woman that just came back from hospital after delivery. Not up to one week of giving birth.

@op, pls who should we blame?
Tell me the offense of that woman?

Based on the op's prognosis, you must first realize that the woman must have committed an offence! The 'societal ill' of probably wearing a night gown/negligee in her house and at that time of the night cannot be overlooked. Worse still, with full breeasts heavy with milk, there is no way she did not invite the 'loving' attentions of the robbers! I mean think about it na... angry angry

This op deserve cane, in short ezigbo koboko...rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Rape and its causes by kenny987(f): 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Dear Op, even as many people feel I should lock up your thread for insinuating that rape is "a fault of the victim", I want to respect your right to your opinion and keep it opened.

Bro, rape is criminal and not to be justified by any excuse. What you put up here is like trying to say if someone hits your car from behind, it's because you weren't on a high speed or you were too slow. So wrong.

You can't justify this post, its totally coming from a wrong perspective.

Hoping you accept that majority of us on your thread can't be so myopic to share the same point of view!!!

In fact, with the analogy of the car and based on the op's skewed view, his question would be 'Why would the car even be on the road'? See the stuff about a woman out at 3am with drunks...so a woman cannot relax and drink to her heart's content anymore? No be only men dey find solution to the worries of life at the bottom of a bottle o! Women do too and she should not be forced to cut short her idea of fun just because some irresponsible marauders cannot keep themselves in check!

2 Likes

Re: Rape and its causes by Aaronsave: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2017
Lets be honest, rape is evil and evil is deeply rooted in human spirit. However, the heightened incidence of rape has some of it causes in those listed in the article. Its not about being angry about it. It about reality. Many people have been rape targets because of dressing. You wouldn't advice your girl child to flaunt all her asset because rape is not her fault. The tone of the article might have sounded awkward in places, bit the information is true and not to be cherry-picked for faults. Most times rape don't occur based on dressing but when you portray yourself sexually, you attract perverts who sees motivation in this.I'm not saying this is a justification.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / Husband Of Egopersonified / That Past Experience(s) That Made You Smile Or Laugh Out Loud.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.