Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

What University Girls Discuss In The Hostel - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What University Girls Discuss In The Hostel (1686 Views)

Types Of University Girls By Department (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What University Girls Discuss In The Hostel by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
If you're one who has stayed within the female hostel of any Nigerian University, you'll find out that most of it's occupants share similar hopes and dreams- and no, it's not to excel in their chosen career paths.

One of the lecturers in my school aptly described women as 'a waste of education'...no, it wasn't an insult, it was just stating the obvious. You find a woman who has hustled through primary, secondary and University education. One who looked set to be a force to reckon with in the world of business or law or medicine, I mean a female with straight A's and you think Nigerian women may be getting things right, only to follow her back to her hostel and hear these heart-breaking words:

"Omo, after school na to find husband marry remain."

In the real sense of the word this is translated to:

"After school, I'll fling my degree inside one iron box in my dad's storeroom, find a perfect mugu that will put a ring on my finger, buy me a car, set up a boutique/beauty saloon for me and all I have to do to get this is spread my legs for him and push out little people with his DNA"

Nigerian women view marriage the same way hustling Nigerian men view the US Green Card- an avenue to escape life's troubles. So in the same way you find 23 year old Nigerian men marrying 56 year old American women, you find young, promising women relegated to some man's priority list.

I don't think most Nigerian women realise that nobody wants to get attached to a leech. If you allow some Nigerian women, they would even want their husbands to carry the babies and bath them as well. And when you ask why they don't want to build wealth with a man, you hear:

"I've already suffered in my father's house. I don't want to continue suffering in my husband's house"

Now unless you're getting married to a no-good leech like yourself, there is no reason why building wealth with a man should be termed 'suffering'

Even on Sun Newspaper's 'Beauty Of The Week' it's the same thing.

Future Ambition: Getting Married And Having Kids

If you think God put you on this earth to make a liability of yourself, you need to think again. There is more to life than being someone's baby mama. There is a purpose for getting an education that lies beyond being able to speak good English whenever you and your man attend social functions

Nigerian women need to sit down and re-evaluate their lives. God sent you to assist a man, not to add to his problems. Men appreciate women who can think for themselves, who want to contribute to the family (and I don't mean churning out kids). There is nothing more endearing than a smart woman who views men as companions rather than money bags.

Don't waste the education your parents worked so hard to provide for you. Break the stereotype, Nigerian women should be more than gold-digging leeches. If the likes of Oby Ezekwesili, Joke Silva, NOI can be successful career women as well as wives and mothers, then we all need to dust up our certificates and CVs and have proper future ambitions. If your desire is to just marry and that ends it then you got it all wrong. Think and think again, no man wants a liability as a wife. Get your hands into something, contribute to your family and your husband. He won't only respect you, but will see you as a hardworking woman.

God Bless You...and don't take this the wrong way
Re: What University Girls Discuss In The Hostel by cozy7(m): 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
Tell them, they who like readymade men to go "build their own wealth" and stop hoping on another woman's property.
Re: What University Girls Discuss In The Hostel by Holla911(m): 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
most naija female undergraduate are guilty of this..team foreign girls.
Re: What University Girls Discuss In The Hostel by mczico: 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
blame apc
Re: What University Girls Discuss In The Hostel by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
mczico:
blame apc
sharrapgrin blame pdp

(1) (Reply)

TOP Songs That U Can Use To Toast Girls. / I Hardly Have An Erection / Signs On How To Know He Is A Real Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.