Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,008 members, 7,825,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream (2843 Views)

All Four Refineries Will Produce Only 19 Million Litres / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by anneedu: 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
PRESIDENTIAL candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday, promised to build four new refineries for the country if elected on March 28.

This is coming just as he expressed his reservation over the way and manner the Federal Government has been handling the case of over 200 abducted Chibok girls.

Buhari, who stated this during a town hall meeting on security, in Abuja, noted that: “I have said that the APC as a party has identified three fundamental problems in this country. You cannot repeat them so often, because everybody talks about them. They are insecurity, the destruction of the economy and corruption, which has become a vicious cycle.

“The state of insecurity, as we said when the election was extended by six weeks, is that if the Nigerian government and the military could me not tame Boko Haram for five years, what will they do in six weeks.

“But I think that some positive moves have been made, though we are still at it. The first thing they should have done is to make sure that you have a good plan on the ground to take care of the welfare of the law enforcement agents,” he stated.

On the missing Chibok girls, he said, “it is really a great embarrassment to this country. Since Independence, I don’t think we have been reduced to such a position as a nation, imagine the disappearance of 220 girls between the ages 14 and 18 for almost a year and government could not do anything about it and this same government says it wants to remain in place?”

Buhari, also on Wednesday, said the ruling PDP had failed the country through what he termed misrule.

He stated this during a meeting with representatives of 14 political parties, including APC, under the umbrella of Progressive Political Parties (COP3).

The parties are Peoples Democratic Movement (PDM), African Peoples Alliance (APA), KOWA party, Social Democratic Party (SDP), African Democratic Congress (ADC), HOPE Democratic Party, Democratic Peoples Party (DPP), United Peoples Party (UPP), Accord Party, Independent Democratic (ID), Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), Action Alliance (AA) and APC.

According to him, “we appreciate the stage we are in our political development. We have been sentenced to underdevelopment by the PDP.

“We challenge the PDP, let them account for their stay in power for 16 years of rulership, in terms of the fundamental objectives we have been talking about in the three most important aspects, security, economy and corruption.

“We have been very consistent about these issues, but people who are sitting on the periphery have kept on making noise and wasting our time. Let them come and defend themselves in what they have done in the last 16 years, with the incredible resources they made within this period.

“The incredible resources this country realised within this period is much more than what the country made since the amalgamation in 1914. If you go and get this record from the Central Bank. The type of money we made in the last 16 years, we have never made it before.

“We used to have Nigeria Airways, Nigeria Shipping Line, Nigeria Railways etc. But what do we have now?, Nothing, look at the state of our Naira. Now you have to get 220 something Naira for a dollar. How can we develop under this system?,” he queried.

1 Like

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
Let the bashing begin joor

*grabs popcorn and butter.*
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by Jostico: 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
is it Refineries we need sai buhari After dem go say gej is bad no just see now see am
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by FastShipping: 11:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
Jostico:
is it Refineries we need sai buhari After dem go say gej is bad no just see now see am

You statement shows you are very dumb. Of course refinery is one of our many problems. The moment we have our own refinery, Naira automatically becomes stronger against dollars and other foreign currencies. Most of the pressure on Naira today is caused by demand for dollars to refine crude oil abroad. Nigeria is the only oil producing country with no functioning refinery. Having our own refineries will bring us thousands of jobs instantly. Having our own refineries will eliminate the cabals profiting from subsidies. Having our own refineries will bring the cost of petroleum down.

8 Likes

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by Jostico: 11:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
FastShipping:

You statement shows you are very dumb. Of course refinery is one of our many problems. The moment we have our own refinery, Naira automatically becomes stronger against dollars and other foreign currencies. Most of the pressure on Naira today is caused by demand for dollars to refine crude oil abroad. Nigeria is the only oil producing country with no functioning refinery. Having our own refineries will bring us thousands of jobs instantly. Having our own refineries will eliminate the cabals profiting from subsidies. Having our own refineries will bring the cost of petroleum down.

thanks for the diamonds

2 Likes

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by egift(m): 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
FastShipping:

Gbam!!!

16 yrs of PDP not a single new refinery. What a shame. Jonathan even gave license to his donors who do not have the capacity to build even a foundation.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
good job his head has come down from the clouds

he is no longer promising to singlehandedly stabilise the oil market!

3 Likes

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by jessymore70: 11:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Super story.

1 Like

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by jessymore70: 12:00am On Mar 20, 2015
President Goodluck approved special support for the creative industry and directed bex_ I'm Bank to provide backing to the industry to the industry. Man in the industry have benefited from this initiative. GEJ all de way

3 Likes

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by Plus10(m): 12:44am On Mar 20, 2015
build 4 refineries with what?Groundnut oil moni....lol

2 Likes

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by nnachukz(m): 12:45am On Mar 20, 2015
Again he talks of what he knows nothing about. He doesn't know how much naira goes for one dollar. " 220 something naira" General before coming to a meeting like that, do your research very well and be specific so that anybody can correctly quote u.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by vanunu: 3:43am On Mar 20, 2015
We need refineries, but any govt that uses tax payers money to build one in this country today is not serious because refineries should be left for private sector. The truth is that nigerian govt. cannot manage refineries.
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by vanunu: 4:00am On Mar 20, 2015
Buhari has no idea of how to run the economy of this nation, he still believes in govt ownership of companies, that is why he keep mentioning Nigerian airways, nigeria shipping line, nigeria this, nigeria that. The era where governments manage companies is gone for good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by trillville(m): 4:14am On Mar 20, 2015
vanunu:
We need refineries, but any govt that uses tax payers money to build one in this country today is not serious because refineries should be left for private sector. The truth is that nigerian govt. cannot manage refineries.

Why should it be left for the private sector. Please think of a proper reason and do not make a stupid statement like government has no business with business.

1 Like

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by adefunke34: 4:41am On Mar 20, 2015
Yea yea I guess you in support cause you would employ your 72 virgins there cause the refineries will be built in hell not this country cause nobody is voting for a cruel leader
FastShipping:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by vanunu: 4:56am On Mar 20, 2015
trillville:

Why should it be left for the private sector. Please think of a proper reason and do not make a stupid statement like government has no business with business.

Governments all over the world are not good managers of business, that is why no govt of any advanced capitalist nation own any refinery
The few countries that own their own refineries like venuzuela and brasil are today having one problem or the other. Petrobras in brasil has serious problem.
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by TI1919(m): 5:32am On Mar 20, 2015
We need a functional refinery but I don't need for that position go and contest for governor in katsina first let us see what you can do in the state before you contest for the number one job
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by trillville(m): 5:43am On Mar 20, 2015
vanunu:

Governments all over the world are not good managers of business, that is why no govt of any advanced capitalist nation own any refinery
The few countries that own their own refineries like venuzuela and brasil are today having one problem or the other. Petrobras in brasil has serious problem.

Statoil owned by the Norwegian government refines more crude oil then needed by the population of Norway. Norway is ranked 6th place on earth in terms of GDP per capita (PPP) ahead of the United States and the UK.

Even Brazil and Venezuela you mentioned are richer than Nigeria, Brazil is ranked 76th while Venezuela is ranked 63rd. Nigeria has a ranking of 125.

The excuse the FG will give is that Nigeria is overpopulated and so we do not have enough money, but Brazil is more populated than Nigeria, yet they have refineries, their currency is strong at 1 usd to 3.3 Brazilian real.

We should really stop lying to ourselves.

http://www.statoil.com/en/OurOperations/TerminalsRefining/ProdFacilitiesMongstad/Pages/Mongstadraffineri.aspx
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil
http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?From=USD&To=BRL

1 Like

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by dein77(m): 6:50am On Mar 20, 2015
egift:

Gbam!!!

16 yrs of PDP not a single new refinery. What a shame. Jonathan even gave license to his donors who do not have the capacity to build even a foundation.

Bro, till subsidy is completely removed, don't expect private individuals to venture into the business!
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by clevvermind(m): 7:02am On Mar 20, 2015
fake promises. we cannot be fooled.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by dein77(m): 7:05am On Mar 20, 2015
Everybody is a better footballer from the grandstands!

I'm not moved....no be politician him be?
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by richardomoko: 7:07am On Mar 20, 2015
Honestly Buhari remains clueless on how to tackle economic issues. When he ruled Nigeria we had price control teams that forced traders to sell at particular prices rather than allow the forces of demand and supply to determine price, what happened is that we now had hoarding which caused sky rocketing inflation. For those who seem confused about the dollar issue, ask Japan and China that constantly devalues it's currency in terms with the dollar. Are their economies not thriving than America's economy?
anneedu:
PRESIDENTIAL candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday, promised to build four new refineries for the country if elected on March 28.

This is coming just as he expressed his reservation over the way and manner the Federal Government has been handling the case of over 200 abducted Chibok girls.

Buhari, who stated this during a town hall meeting on security, in Abuja, noted that: “I have said that the APC as a party has identified three fundamental problems in this country. You cannot repeat them so often, because everybody talks about them. They are insecurity, the destruction of the economy and corruption, which has become a vicious cycle.

“The state of insecurity, as we said when the election was extended by six weeks, is that if the Nigerian government and the military could me not tame Boko Haram for five years, what will they do in six weeks.

“But I think that some positive moves have been made, though we are still at it. The first thing they should have done is to make sure that you have a good plan on the ground to take care of the welfare of the law enforcement agents,” he stated.

On the missing Chibok girls, he said, “it is really a great embarrassment to this country. Since Independence, I don’t think we have been reduced to such a position as a nation, imagine the disappearance of 220 girls between the ages 14 and 18 for almost a year and government could not do anything about it and this same government says it wants to remain in place?”

Buhari, also on Wednesday, said the ruling PDP had failed the country through what he termed misrule.

He stated this during a meeting with representatives of 14 political parties, including APC, under the umbrella of Progressive Political Parties (COP3).

The parties are Peoples Democratic Movement (PDM), African Peoples Alliance (APA), KOWA party, Social Democratic Party (SDP), African Democratic Congress (ADC), HOPE Democratic Party, Democratic Peoples Party (DPP), United Peoples Party (UPP), Accord Party, Independent Democratic (ID), Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), Action Alliance (AA) and APC.

According to him, “we appreciate the stage we are in our political development. We have been sentenced to underdevelopment by the PDP.

“We challenge the PDP, let them account for their stay in power for 16 years of rulership, in terms of the fundamental objectives we have been talking about in the three most important aspects, security, economy and corruption.

“We have been very consistent about these issues, but people who are sitting on the periphery have kept on making noise and wasting our time. Let them come and defend themselves in what they have done in the last 16 years, with the incredible resources they made within this period.

“The incredible resources this country realised within this period is much more than what the country made since the amalgamation in 1914. If you go and get this record from the Central Bank. The type of money we made in the last 16 years, we have never made it before.

“We used to have Nigeria Airways, Nigeria Shipping Line, Nigeria Railways etc. But what do we have now?, Nothing, look at the state of our Naira. Now you have to get 220 something Naira for a dollar. How can we develop under this system?,” he queried.
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by dein77(m): 7:10am On Mar 20, 2015
richardomoko:
Honestly Buhari remains clueless on how to tackle economic issues. When he ruled Nigeria we had price control teams that forced traders to sell at particular prices rather than allow the forces of demand and supply to determine price, what happened is that we now had hoarding which caused sky rocketing inflation. For those who seem confused about the dollar issue, ask Japan and China that constantly devalues it's currency in terms with the dollar. Are their economies not thriving than America's economy?

Buhari lacks all it takes to effectively manage a complex modern economy. He keeps talking thrash on economy every time he speaks.

1 Like

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 20, 2015
Besides the fact that govt building refineries in this age is a bad old idea, this time around I know that Buhari and his tribalistic team will set one of his refineries in Sokoto. Against basic primary economic principles of factors of production visavis "nearness to raw materials", the hausa / fulani govt of the past established a refinery in kaduna, blatantly disregarding the overhead cost of getting crude from south east to kaduna.

Today we have seen the efforts of government yielding fruits as people like Dangote are already setting up private-run refineries in Nigeria. Using real economic indices, Dangote has chosen Ogun state as his refinery's location.
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by kunle1960: 8:51am On Mar 20, 2015
Buhari Will build refineries for Tinubu and not Nigerians.
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by chernest2002: 10:09am On Mar 20, 2015
Buhari shut up, you have been called to debate where you will throw these accusations but you refused because its going to be in English language and now you stay in your backwards to talk like fearful common man.Ekeuke dog.
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by Ovamboland(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
dein77:

Bro, till subsidy is completely removed, don't expect private individuals to venture into the business!

That is the lie they keep telling us knowing we are poor in logical reasoning. If government is paying subsidy for any fuel imported to our shores by any businessman why will it not pay subsidy for any fuel presented from a locally owned refinery owned by the same businessman.
Coupled with the fact that the government can supply the oil at lower price than the world price since the OPEC quota for export would have been filled. Already 450,000 barrels daily is idle and cannot be exported.

Does it make logical sense to keep the crude and then go abroad to shop for expensive fuel, when you can save on transport cost, bridging cost, port charges etc.

1 Like

Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by Ovamboland(m): 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
janus05:
Besides the fact that govt building refineries in this age is a bad old idea, this time around I know that Buhari and his tribalistic team will set one of his refineries in Sokoto. Against basic primary economic principles of factors of production visavis "nearness to raw materials", the hausa / fulani govt of the past established a refinery in kaduna, blatantly disregarding the overhead cost of getting crude from south east to kaduna.

Today we have seen the efforts of government yielding fruits as people like Dangote are already setting up private-run refineries in Nigeria. Using real economic indices, Dangote has chosen Ogun state as his refinery's location.

For argument sake let us accept your theory of building a refinery in Sokoto as a fact, so in essence you prefer a government whose policies and long term plan is to help support refineries operating in Brasil, USA, Ecuador, Venezuela, Ghana, Niger and keep their nationals employed than one whose policies will attract employment within Nigeria with by-products that can create spin-off industries, opportunities lost because the bulk of our fuel is imported from foreign sources?

The refinery in Kaduna has employees from all over Nigeria, i am sure it's not only northerners and Muslims that work there because i know.

And can you confirm it is cheaper to transport more volatile Petrol, Kerosene in multiple vessels to the northern consumers than a single pipeline for crude oil. It's unfortunate we hate ourselves so much that we prefer foreigners to have benefits from us than our fellow nationals in any part of the country.
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by Ovamboland(m): 2:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
kunle1960:
Buhari Will build refineries for Tinubu and not Nigerians.

Yes it will be located in Tinubu's bedroom undecided
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by abacus(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
Even in reality, How many GEJ built?
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by Racoon(m): 8:09am On Jan 29, 2022
Where are the sai baba Buhari zombies to defend this shit? Petrol is now #168 yet only Dangote refinery will continue the monopoly if not sharing it with the cesspool of corruption called NNPC.
Re: I'll Build Four Refineries If Elected: Buhari. In Dream by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2022
Ovamboland:

For argument sake let us accept your theory of building a refinery in Sokoto as a fact, so in essence you prefer a government whose policies and long term plan is to help support refineries operating in Brasil, USA, Ecuador, Venezuela, Ghana, Niger and keep their nationals employed than one whose policies will attract employment within Nigeria with by-products that can create spin-off industries, opportunities lost because the bulk of our fuel is imported from foreign sources?

The refinery in Kaduna has employees from all over Nigeria, i am sure it's not only northerners and Muslims that work there because i know.

And can you confirm it is cheaper to transport more volatile Petrol, Kerosene in multiple vessels to the northern consumers than a single pipeline for crude oil. It's unfortunate we hate ourselves so much that we prefer foreigners to have benefits from us than our fellow nationals in any part of the country.
Sai babber!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aba The City Of Glory / Opinion: Sugest The PDP Presidential & VP Candidates Comes 2019. / List Of Senators That Called For The Resignation Of Customs CG, Hameed Ali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.