Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria (30199 Views)

Artificial Pregnancy Bump By Hakeem Effect On Beverly Naya / 15 Nigerians Making Us Proud In Hollywood*Pics* / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Noneroone(m): 7:19am On Mar 23, 2015
Am i the only one that noticed there are many gay foreigners pretending to be Nigerians in this thread?
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Klinee: 7:28am On Mar 23, 2015
It is very painful! Nigeria should ban any america movie that have such evil content. American are evil people, if it will be possible to level them all, i must be ok.
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 23, 2015
It's simple. If you don't like their movies and series, simply stick to Nollywood movies and series.

Them no force you go watch am.

They aren't Jehova's witnesses that come knocking on your door. YOU chose to watch those movies and series. So deal with whatever else comes with it.

Gay and proud cool

5 Likes

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 7:59am On Mar 23, 2015
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin
How will you know. Igbba tii ejo ti foelori grin grin
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 23, 2015
mightycrown1:
THE WORLD SHOULD COME TO AN END QUICK; NOTHING GOOD IS HAPPENING ANY LONGER
IT TAKES THE GRACE OF GOD TO BE IN A FAMILY WITHOUT COMPROMISING
IT TAKES THE GRACE OF GOD TO PASS THROUGH SCHOOL WITHOUT COMPROMISING
IT TAKES THE GRACE OF GOD TO STAY IN PUBLIC OFFICE WITHOUT COMPROMISING
IT TAKES THE GRACE OF GOD TO BE IN RELIGIOUS HOUSES WITHOUT COMPROMISING
NOW HOW MANY PEOPLE SEEK/HAVE THIS GRACE ACCORDING TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD AT LARGE.
THE FEARFUL THING IS THAT EVERYDAY THE SITUATION GETS WORSE

[size=20pt] PLS GOD END THIS WICKED WORLD NOW
[/size]

Leave the world alone and quicken your end by killing yourself. That would make it faster for you to meet your God. Don't you think? Don't blame gay people for how your life is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 23, 2015
killercute16:
Gays get married and then adopt children born by straight pple......what do we call that?

Straight people give birth to kids they don't want and some even dump them by the roadside. What do we call that? undecided

1 Like

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 23, 2015
Jambu:

You mean in proportion to their population?

Besides, jail is where you go in as straight and come out gay. That support the argument that perhaps we all have a bit of gay in us and we just need an enabling environment for it to come out. Lol

oga/Madam, the fact that people have sex in prison doesn't make them gay when they come out of jail. It's just sex to them. If I decide tohave sex with a female today, I'd consider it as what it is, sex.. doesn't make me any less attracted to my bf tongue

1 Like

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by tushburg(m): 9:47am On Mar 23, 2015
Oboy I see many LGBT on this trend...una plenty o I swear,dehm!
I jus feel it's demonic...d gay tin I mean
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by elhafeez(m): 9:51am On Mar 23, 2015
Nigerians are also promoting it. The likes of Olamide in story for the God's video. Where two ladies were toughing each other in the bath. And the Naeto c's Video with BOJ and ajebutter 22. We're two ladies were making out in a Taxi with the driver watching it was directed by clearance peters. I stopped watching series like modern family coz of the way it promotes homo sexuality. I actually wanted to watch the series empire because of the hype and all but the way OP says it promotes homosexuality. Its a NO-NO for me
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Gamesmart: 10:14am On Mar 23, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
Yes, Nigeria has passed an anti-gay bill subjecting anyone caught in a gay act to a sentence of 14yrs in prison. But how long do you think such a law will last? Not for long, with the recent trend of events. Why? Because we as a nation are getting exposed more and more to a medium that promotes LGBT(lesbians-gays-bisexuals-transgender). That medium is the products of the american movie industry, hollywood.

Ever bought an american movie in the past to discovered the subtle way in which homosexualism is promoted? Well, it's now in your face. Currently, the world is getting carried away from the trend of movies that don't span beyond 2hrs to movies that go beyond hundreds of hours, cos most viewers often wished some movies don't end, a reason why series came into the picture, getting people glued to their TVs consuming the contents of such movies.

Has anyone noticed the alarming rate at which the american movie industry promotes gay? No american movie goes by without a gay content this days. From Oz to spartacus, tyrant to tudors, game of thrones to housewives etc. Even the 2hrs movies of today hardly go without a gay content, even if it's just the mention of the word GAY e.g the INTERVIEW and 50 SHADES OF GREY.

I was cruising round town with my brother and a friend yesterday when some radio OAPs were discussing about a new TV series called EMPIRE. I wasn't interested in their discussion till my bro and his friend started talking about how interesting the series is, that they can't wait to get the 2nd season. I decided to get the season 1 on my way back. Barely 10minutes into the first episode, I was greeted by a scene showing 2 grown guys kissing and acting all emotional. The characters were jamal and his girlfriend michael.

What annoys me most is the way they( the directors of these movies) try to persuade people into thinking there's nothing wrong with the homosexualism, giving it a good promotion...like making the gay character appear as someone with a good heart but clearly misunderstood. They throw in a gay relationship that is deeply rooted in a 100% love, honesty, faithfulness and loyalty, making straight people jealous cos a 100% of everything is not obtainable in a straight relationship. The gay character in the series EMPIRE, jamal, was giving a very attractive role so as to lure unsuspecting viewers into the world of gayism. In the movie, he's from a rich family with a music empire, the most talented among them with a voice to kill any female, the gentle one, loves a kid he's not certain of it's paternity(how many guys do that?), the only one who cares about their ex-convict mum and several other qualities that can make a die-hard homophobic person go emotional and accept him for who he is. Everybody loves a guy with the above qualities. To pave way for the acceptance of homosexualism, the several hollywood directors are now moulding characters with such qualities and making them gay. Such strategy leaves viewers toning down their hate or dislike for homosexuals.

And that's where I fear for Nigeria. In the next few years, going by the rate at which we are exposed to the hollywood contents, majority of those that jubilated when the anti-gay bill was passed, will storm the streets demanding for its reversal.

We need a bill to ban programmes that promote or glorify it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by mightycrown1(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

Leave the world alone and quicken your end by killing yourself. That would make it faster for you to meet your God. Don't you think? Don't blame gay people for how your life is.

[size=18pt] YOU DONT NEED TO DIE, NOTHING FOR YOU TO QUICKEN OR ANYBODY TO BLAME; BECAUSE YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD OR DO YOU NEED ANYBODY TO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE A LIVING CORPSE? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by mightycrown1(m): 10:21am On Mar 23, 2015
nepp:

I'll see you in hell, I'll see you all! cool

[size=18pt] YOU ARE ALREADY IN HELL OR WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? [/size]
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 23, 2015
mightycrown1:

[size=18pt] YOU DONT NEED TO DIE, NOTHING FOR YOU TO QUICKEN OR ANYBODY TO BLAME; BECAUSE YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD OR DO YOU NEED ANYBODY TO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE A LIVING CORPSE? [/size]

LOL. Why the caps? are you that scared?? grin grin

You're the one agitating for the world to end, so you're dead already na...at least in mind. check! grin

2 Likes

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by mightycrown1(m): 10:54am On Mar 23, 2015
masonkz:

LOL. Why the caps? are you that scared?? grin grin

You're the one agitating for the world to end, so you're dead already? check! grin

[size=18pt] THANK GOD YOU KNEW YOU ARE DEAD ALREADY AND WHAT SENSE CAN CORPSE LIKE YOU MAKE IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING [/size]
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by toocoded: 11:03am On Mar 23, 2015
eleojo23:
The hypocrisy in all of this is that most(if not all) of the people who promote homosexuality will not want to see their children turn out to be gays.

It will therefore be foolishness for anyone to buy an idea that even the sellers do not agree with deep down in their heart.
Na lie!
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by KevinBrown: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
KashyBaby:

aaaahh excuse me Mr… I don't need a medal….if u can't accept wat i replied, juz leave the thread alone…stop trolling,u look like one.

It seems where u come from, they don't speak english?
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by beryl04(m): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
DProDG:
Hehe...these guys think supporting equal rights for everyone will make you gay

yeah ,welcome to nigeria
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
KevinBrown:

It seems where u come from, they don't speak english?

Oohh yeah So funny to know tat u juz dont troll, but u really look like one.
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by FEAO1985(m): 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
I guess it's high time that someone schooled these resident nigerians that homosexuality isn't a choice.
Have you taken the effort to read about it in detail or to associate with people of the third gender ? I'm straight and proud but i do have a lot of gay friends and if you can exercise your brains you will realise that they have no choice. Science hasn't fully proven it but it does shed a lot of light on the imbalance of hormones and genetics. All you hypocrites can quote religion and that bollocks but too bad your religion is flawed and incomplete. I know what im saying because i have taken the time to read and interact on subjects considered taboo like this.
i suggest that you clowns read a book or papers rather than sleeping over it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by FEAO1985(m): 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
Can any of you dumb unexposed twerps resist your urges for the other sex? it's the same thing for gay people
Wake up dipshits! nobody chooses to be gay
read a phucking book

1 Like

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 23, 2015
KashyBaby:

kindly follow me kashybaby , i would love to chat with you
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by naijaboyof4life(m): 2:32am On Mar 24, 2015
davien:
Again you seem to think mediocre....
Besides the fact that you misrepresented my initial reply to that fellow as a "justification" for homosexuality....you seem to think I was extending morality to objects when I was merely citing actions...I.e "driving"

Actions and objectives define morality.....you seem to think morality is a standard when it's demonstrably not....
Here's a thought experiment.....if you were in a car about to reverse and you happened to hit someone, are you more liable to account(be held criminally responsible) for that action if you were aware of that action or not? undecided
You caused harm sure....but was that your objective?

That above test would justify actions and objectives towards something being moral or not...
I'm amused by this response.....you're Again confusing two completely different things...

One is that,murder is rather defined as this;

As you can see,by definition only human beings murder.....if you check any dictionary....the specific definition is for human beings alone.....we only generalize the term to refer to other creatures whenever we see fit.

Secondly, you seem to confuse "natural" with "moral", although I see that you're accustomed to interchanging those words(judging from your replies)...

Something being natural means it occurs in nature....that's it....no morals attached.

Something moral is simply dynamic because there's no known completely justifable right or wrongs..a lot of things play into something being right or wrong....one I've mentioned is the objective....there are also...the actions effect on others....the actions effect on yourself and how that action would help/harm you if done by everyone else....these ideas aren't new....they are just some of the basic things societies figured out.

As you can see by my above post....you are wrong...
Actions....objectives...it's relation with others....it's benefit and/or harm when done by others are all points that come in the face of your alleged "moral standard"...

From even the definition of murder you'd see that something like murder isn't "right/wrong" till a justification is considered before concluding it as "murder"

Bring your attention to those bolded words.... and review my post(from top to bottom again)

My posts have been trying to tell you(in the easiest way possible) that "right/wrong" aren't solid concepts....cannibalism might seem bad to you and a lot of people who also share that view, but what now made it right for a lot of people?
First we need a defintion of cannibalism...it is;

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism

and there's also a generalized definition in zoology..

Okay, now that we have the definition(s), what objectives would justify the action?

How about scarcity of food?....insanity?...you've already offered other things like "desire, ritual"....now if there were a "standard", why do those points make that action justifiable? undecided

I would urge you to think on these few points and also don't rush to think people are either for A or B.

I get what you are saying but I think you completely misunderstood what I meant by humans are brought to a moral standard. That means that humans have to answer for whatever we did seem do. Also the topic was gay in Hollywood and its effect on Nigeria, I don't see why you brought in cannibalism which is going off topic. Humans have different standards which was my point, animals are not faulted if they do anything. Animals don't get critics, human does. Which is why I said which is why we can't look to animals for justification for any of our actions. I understood you were replying to the person that was using animals wrongly but I was also making sure to prevent the "well animals do it too" situation. Peace.
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by davien(m): 6:53am On Mar 24, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

I get what you are saying but I think you completely misunderstood what I meant by humans are brought to a moral standard.
Apparently your posts lack to show that you get it.....nobody brings you to a moral standard, you are only given the tools to navigate your response and actions...
If humans were brought to a standard then everyone would agree that something is good/bad based on something much more than "because god or somebody said so"... undecided

That means that humans have to answer for whatever we did seem do.
This does not appear to be the case....
Apart from the fact that you've made no mention of how you determined this,you seem to just keep stacking claims upon claims as though it were based on verified knowledge.

Also the topic was gay in Hollywood and its effect on Nigeria, I don't see why you brought in cannibalism which is going off topic.

If you paid attention to my replies instead of pretending to, you'd see that I responded to your post(so I guess you don't read your own posts), your own words below.
Animals kill each other and eat each other. If human did the same, it is considered evil and cannibalism.
So did I go "off topic" by responding to you? undecided

Humans have different standards which was my point, animals are not faulted if they do anything.
You are confused, period.
You can't say the bolded when you've already claimed humans are subject to "a moral standard"..

Since complex things confuse you I'll say a very easy example that should make you aware of your mistake...

1. We are subject to driving a car.

2.We are subject to driving different cars.

Animals don't get critics, human does. Which is why I said which is why we can't look to animals for justification for any of our actions.
How many times would I continue to tell you that I didn't draw justification from animals....the claim that fellow made was "animals are smart enough to know homosexuality is wrong"...I then responded to that claim with a link to a list of homosexual animals and one that even reproduces using a homosexual lifestyle adding that "i guess animals aren't as smart as you thought"... undecided

I understood you were replying to the person that was using animals wrongly but I was also making sure to prevent the "well animals do it too" situation. Peace.
You never for a minute understood a single thing I said, I've even shown you so far to be lying.....and i already pointed out that I meant no such thing as the accusation you've given me @bolded

I pointed out

naijaboyof4life:

Just because animals do it doesn't mean it is right.
davien:
Funny enough I knew someone would throw this response and I agree, that also doesn't mean it's wrong...animals(apart from us) don't also drive a car....does that make it right/wrong?

1 Like

Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by KevinBrown: 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
KashyBaby:

It seems you just heard the word troll.
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by naijaboyof4life(m): 4:02am On Mar 26, 2015
davien:

Apparently your posts lack to show that you get it.....nobody brings you to a moral standard, you are only given the tools to navigate your response and actions...
If humans were brought to a standard then everyone would agree that something is good/bad based on something much more than "because god or somebody said so"... undecided

This does not appear to be the case....
Apart from the fact that you've made no mention of how you determined this,you seem to just keep stacking claims upon claims as though it were based on verified knowledge.

If you paid attention to my replies instead of pretending to, you'd see that I responded to your post(so I guess you don't read your own posts), your own words below.
So did I go "off topic" by responding to you? undecided
You are confused, period.
You can't say the bolded when you've already claimed humans are subject to "a moral standard"..

Since complex things confuse you I'll say a very easy example that should make you aware of your mistake...

1. We are subject to driving a car.

2.We are subject to driving different cars.

How many times would I continue to tell you that I didn't draw justification from animals....the claim that fellow made was "animals are smart enough to know homosexuality is wrong"...I then responded to that claim with a link to a list of homosexual animals and one that even reproduces using a homosexual lifestyle adding that "i guess animals aren't as smart as you thought"... undecided

You never for a minute understood a single thing I said, I've even shown you so far to be lying.....and i already pointed out that I meant no such thing as the accusation you've given me @bolded

I pointed out

"nobody brings you to a moral standard, you are only given the tools to navigate your response and actions." That mentality is Nigerian leaders can steal without nothing happening to them. Nigeria has no standard. The constitution is a standard, laws are a standard. People especially people perceived as evil are brought to a moral standard. Laws against killing, laws against eye for an eye are laws that bring society to a moral standard. HUmans rights and all that good stuff. Why do think countries can sanction other countries, because they are brought to a moral standard.

Humans do answer for what we do. If you dress a certain way, talk a certain way, think a certain, answer a certain way, believe a certain way people will ask why. That is why we have a justice system. It is where criminals answer for their actions. You sent off topic by bring cannibalism to the equation, it had nothing to do with gay and hollywood.

It takes a confused person to know a confused person. You completely misunderstood the Humans have different standards meaning. It was a way of not being extreme in my approach. That was to make sure you don't confuse my point to mean that humans have a universal standard. Nigeria's cultural standards are different from American cultural standards but they still have standards. That was what I was trying to say but nitpicking words as you just did takes things out of context.

"How many times would I continue to tell you that I didn't draw justification from animals....the claim that fellow made was "animals are smart enough to know homosexuality is wrong"...I then responded to that claim with a link to a list of homosexual animals and one that even reproduces using a homosexual lifestyle adding that"

And how many times will I tell you that even though I quoted you and replied with the message that we shouldn't get our justification from animals, that the message was not directed at you but at people passing by the comments who might think that because animals do so humans can do it.
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by delugadou(m): 10:14am On Apr 04, 2015
Noneroone:
Am i the only one that noticed there are many gay foreigners pretending to be Nigerians in this thread?

I guess you are right. These bastards are the reason God destroyed the earth with flood in the days of Noah.

They also made him destroy Sodom& Gomorrah. Children of Satan have now come into nairaland to propagate darkness.

They must receive God's wrath for this.
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
delugadou:

Ur pix says it all......B¡TCH

Y dont u ask ur mom?
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by delugadou(m): 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
KashyBaby:

Y dont u ask ur mom?

Cus she aint trash like u
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by homesteady(m): 3:00pm On May 27, 2015
Even if everyone in Empire becomes homosexual, I'll still watch every second of it!

Let me live and let them live!
Re: Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
Bonapart:
God will cut away every gay man and gay woman away from Nigeria whether by death or by banishment....
So that they won't corrupt our children growing up.....
Yes God will cut them off

stupid comment........ you l be surprised to find out Ur sis is a bisexual.....don't be deceived!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Isilomo "Losing My Job Triggered My Interest In The Show" / Suspend Bbnaija This Year For Serious National Concern / 7 Things People Hate About Big Brother Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.