Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters (13397 Views)

Throwback: Attahiru Jega On Tell Magazine, 1997 / Drama As Buhari Overrules Jega On Handover / APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Sirniyeh(m): 10:01am On Mar 20, 2015
The Chairman of INEC, Prof Jega was the guest on today's morning programme "SUNRISE DAILY" on Channels Television Station where he shed more light on several questions concerning 2015 elections.

Among several questions asked by the hosts was particular one concerning CARD READER.

The host asked, " Some people claimed you do not carry them along as regard the useage of the card reader. How can you justify this accusation?"

Jega replies:
"...I'm totally disappointed in them. What is carrying along? As INEC Chairman, we have register of several meetings we've held. Even those who could not attend sent their representatives. We have our register. What is carrying along more than this? Let any of them come up face to face to prove this. It pains me that the same people who endorsed the card reader are the ones coming up to say they don't want it. From the first moment, we invited all political parties Chairmen and secretaries, they were the first people we demonstrated the card reader for and they endorsed it. Why now some of them are kicking against it...

Host: what is your observation?

Jega:

"...they know there will be no room for manipulation. For instance, during 2011 election, the guideline is that, number of votes cast must not more than the number accredited. After accreditation, the electoral officer will sign the number accredited and record it before voting commence. But what they did in 2011 was that, they compelled officers to leave the accredited form unclosed until evening after voting ends in order to manipulate the record. With card reader, all this will not be possible..."

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 20, 2015
We pray for a free and fair election. CR or not. Let the elections hold. #NeverAgain. God bless Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by viczing(m): 10:07am On Mar 20, 2015
Gej remove dis man

#sackjeganow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by kestolove95(m): 10:08am On Mar 20, 2015
Only brainwashed pdp youths will tell u. D card reader is bad...nuisances

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by DRealGeesam(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2015
This is an innovation that we need. With the desperation of our politicians (both apc and pdp), be sure fake voters card will be common. If pdp truely wants a fair election, they shld support this.

Get Free electricity from Solar energy EVERYDAY
SOLAR POWER [color=#000099]FREE Consultancy NO secrets ahoo.com BBM: 28C98F98 www.nairaland.com/1953773/solar-power-boreholes-jobs-full

www.nairaland.com/2198094/plain-truth-solar-power-shocking#31811664

Best prices, amazing quality

13 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by dunkem21(m): 10:19am On Mar 20, 2015
Chai.

I pity JEGA.

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Sirniyeh(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2015
It's PDP that is kicking against the useage of the card reader. They initially endorsed it and now they turn a new leaf overnight.

From the factual utterances of Jega this morning, he seems to be serious about the election. But he proverbially made some statements that transmit hidden agendas of the haters to the reasonable minds.

INEC is ready. "Jega" but... Is the presidency ready?

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by blayz0923: 10:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Nigeria's problems and its solutions rest with Nigerians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by salykely(m): 10:39am On Mar 20, 2015
What about the card readers jammers

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by nwaanambra1(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2015

"...they know there will be no room for manipulation. For instance, during 2011 election, the guideline is that, number of votes cast must not more than the number accredited. After accreditation, the electoral officer will sign the number accredited and record it before voting commence. But what they did in 2011 was that, they compelled officers to leave the accredited form unclosed until evening after voting ends in order to manipulate the record. With card reader, all this will not be possible..."

THAT IS HOW GOODLUCK JONATHAN WON THE 2011 ELECTION!

HIM AND HIS COHORTS ARE KICKING AGAINST CARD READER BECAUSE WITH CARD READER THEIR GAMES WILL BE UP! grin

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 20, 2015
I ask that you join this effort, not for me, but to
establish a better land for all of us. I understand
and accept the hard challenge ahead. When all is
said and done, let it be written that Muhammadu
Buhari gave his all for this nation"--GMB

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Sirniyeh(m): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2015
salykely:
What about the card readers jammers

According to INEC Chairman this morning, there is nothing card reader jammers can do with the machine. The machine can not be manipulated. Nobody can get to where the information is stored in the machine.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Sirniyeh(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2015
nwaanambra1:

HIM AND HIS COHORTS ARE KICKING AGAINST CARD READER BECAUSE WITH CARD READER THEIR GAMES WILL BE UP! grin

Haaaa ha, I beg use style to insult Mr Presi.. It is too vocal. We all knew they rigged themselves in but watchout, na another story

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Gogetta(m): 11:06am On Mar 20, 2015
viczing:
Gej remove dis man

#sackjeganow
Oh, because he won't let you rig? Na wah!

18 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Sirniyeh(m): 11:10am On Mar 20, 2015
Gogetta:

By their fruits we know them

6 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by viczing(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2015
Gogetta:

undecided undecided undecided undecided. You mean oil rigging
Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 20, 2015
viczing:

undecided undecided undecided undecided. You mean oil rigging

Cluelessness undecided

13 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by steppin: 11:34am On Mar 20, 2015
vanilson:
GEJ has wrecked Nigeria with
1. The Chibok Girls
2. NNPC AS GOVT ATM
3. Police pension fund
4. Missing $20Billion
5. $9million Arms deal Embarrassment in SA
6. EKITIGATE Election fraud
7. Immigration job SCAM (He is just meeting the victims and dolling out money )
8 .DEPLETING External Reserves.
9. Devaluation of Naira to N250 to a $
10. Oil theft Increase
11. REWARDING THIEVES with NATIONAL honours and appointments
12. CRIPPLING OF THE EFCC
13. REFUSAL TO FIX NIGERIAN REFINERIES
14. Skyrocketed ELECTRICITY Bills
15. POLARIZATION OF NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS
16. STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION
17. National Assembly INVASION by Police
19. Stella Oduah Aviation Scam (THE BULLET PROOF CARS...)
20. Kerosene subsidy
21. Last minute fighting of Insurgency
22. Sentencing soldiers to death for asking for weapons to fight
23. Directly supporting and paying 10million USD as salary to terorist Asari and Terrorist Tompolo amongst others
24. Palling around with boko haram chieftains in Niger and Dafty's inability to capture, extract information and bring to justice a singe
captured boko haram fighter up till today
25. Mrs Dafty's personal terrorist bombing campaigns in Rivers state (Stoning the opposition)
26. Dafty's work for the benefits of enemies of Nigeria - Handpicking Abacha's son as PDP candidate for Kano, stoppng FaniKayode,treasury
looting case and appointing him in his campaign, supporter of Anenih,IBB, and other treasury looters who should be in jail
27. Conversion of MOPOL to Meiguard of the rich while the poor wallow in abject insecurity; and using regular police, eg. Mbu, as political thugs!
28. Postponing elections by refusing to provide security when in fact,elections will last for only one day, and the entire armed forces and
police in Nigeria could have been deployed to secure just that 10hrs of the election day.
29. Sending troops to look for Sambisa forest in Tinubu's Ikoyi house
30. Giving AIT 10billion to air false and negative videos on APC.
31. REJECTION OF THE CARD READER.
32. CONFIRMATION OF [ Obanikoro ]THE ELECTION RIGGER as a MINISTER
33. FAILURE TO PUBLICLY DECLARE his ASSETS saying "I don't give a damn"
34. BURNING OF INEC OFFICE.
35. SPONSORING of ethnic MILITIAS TO STOP POLLS (e.g. MASSOB, OPC)
36. EMBARASSING PHONE CALL to the Moroccan KING...
37. Babysitting Boko Haram until it became the global threat it now is with ISIS
38. 9.2billion naira to buy stoves
One word for your post....PROPAGANDA!
@topic,
Mr Jega, we Nigerians are ashamed of you. You had four years to prepare for elections, but you disappointed us and the elections had to be shifted.
If you were competent, the election would have taken place as planned.
I hope you don't come up with excuses again.

3 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by viczing(m): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2015
malikmoreni:

Cluelessness undecided

Your clueless that you can't answer me?

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by fyneguy: 11:54am On Mar 20, 2015
Sirniyeh:

According to INEC Chairman this morning, there is nothing card reader jammers can do with the machine. The machine can not be manipulated. Nobody can get to where the information is stored in the machine.

Unknown to PDP, Card jammers can not work because the authentication does not require remote database connectivity. The card readers are pre-programmed with registered voters data. What needs to be transmitted to the remote servers is information on accredited voters which does not have to be realtime.

I wish INEC and Nigerians all the best.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 20, 2015
viczing:

Your clueless that you can't answer me?

"Your Clueless" ?

oya come and show your certificate grin

2 Likes

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by HzRF(m): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
nwaanambra1:

I beg shut up
U think bubu dint rig
Goan check the last post of one bubu goons victim
And stop saying trash

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by HzRF(m): 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
fyneguy:

Unknown to PDP, Card jammers can not work because the authentication does not require remote database connectivity. The card readers are pre-programmed with registered voters data. What needs to be transmitted to the remote servers is information on accredited voters which does not have to be realtime.

I wish INEC and Nigerians all the best.
Dem why are APC shouting since it won't work

Ur mind games will only lead to utter dissapointment

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by ikaawe: 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
paid by APC
Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by joystickextendr: 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
These election should just com n go

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by rattlesnake(m): 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
JeGA can't sick his master
Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Maczeelly(m): 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
JEGA our Man..............

1 Like

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by Dannyset(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
Let it also be known to Mr IG of Police that JEGA said we should wait and monitor our vote right there. That it add to the credibility of the election, provided no one is causing trouble.
Thieves, election rigger. The police is now their plan B.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters by promisechild(m): 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
As I was doing that thing to my girl she keeps screaming

Sai baba

Sai buhari

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ministers In London For Investment Drive / Ibrahim Idris Visits Family Of Late Francis Bolaji Odesanya (Photos) / Bisi Fayemi: Ekiti State First Lady Denies Contesting For Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.