Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! (1279 Views)

Casual Job Is Evil, As Current Laid Off Staff Speaks Out.. / Who's Going To Afrika Kommt 2016 Assessment Centre In Kenya Next Month? / Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by charles009(m): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2015
hey folks, I work in a leading bank in Nigeria.
But due to the Austerity and bad economy, We are getting underground news that there would be a massive downsizing programme.

i am to get married to my lovely wife April, but I am planning to cancel it.
Reason: so i can have some money and start life just incase!
hoping for the best, expect the worst.

Is this a wise decision?
Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by freshness2020: 10:28am On Mar 20, 2015
charles009:

But due to the Austerity and bad economy, We are getting underground news that there would be a massive downsizing programme.

Is this a wise decision?
..if you are looking at the weather you won't wash your clothes..

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by prevail23(m): 10:31am On Mar 20, 2015
charles009:

Is this a wise decision?
no ooh bros don't cancel it ooh,just gather small money for d wedding and make sure u have plenty friends and also make sure u are in not less dan 3clubs or association,after dis den u do d wedding, u will see dat u will get 4times of d money u used for d wedding,...come back and thank me after the wedding... blessings!!!
Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by kestolove95(m): 10:32am On Mar 20, 2015
He who finds a wife has found a gud tin...marriage itself is a blessing u dnt need to b earning high b4 u. marry.....marry and all doors shal b open for u
Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by chriswopet(m): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2015
Don't get married it's bad for you! lol, just kidding.
just be realistic you know your financial position better, try and make a budget, a small wedding wouldn't hurt anybody, is your wife to be working? you guys can work something out. It's not really a big problem all it needs is just PRUDENT PLANNING.
Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by chiane: 11:36am On Mar 20, 2015
When u are just one person,GOd provides for one.When u become two,God provides for two.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by charles009(m): 11:56am On Mar 20, 2015
chiane:
When u are just one person,GOd provides for one.When u become two,God provides for two.
I must admit, seeing your response gave me a sense of renewed hope. indeed when you become 2, God provides for 2.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
chiane:
nice response.
Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by stepo707: 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
front page tinz.....Go ahead with the wedding.Have faith that your marriage will bring blessings but even though the downsizing affects you,God will surely still provide another way.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by 234GT(m): 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
Go ahead and marry. Everything in life is about gambling. You should believe you won't be laid off, but just in case you are laid off, you will still get a handsome compensation, so aye pare ti.
Just be as prudent as possible and don't spend more that 4 months' net salary.
Also, I hope your wife works and she knows the tsunami nature of banking!
Tsunami is the first thing I will explain to my future spouse.
And life is really funny. Some people are destined to hit the jackpot only after they marry. Such people keep looking at the harsh economic situation and they keep running away from marriage. What an irony!

5 Likes

Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by yhusiee(f): 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
God will provide, bu lets b realistic! U GATZ 2 MK SRZ BUDGET MEHN! Just keep it classy, lyk strictly on "I.V." tyns, refreshment shld b puff puff, chin chin, goundnut, n zobo. Of course der shld b a wedding cake bu it shld b exclusively 4 members of d high table. Find 1 football field n use as reception venue... #SMILES# Dnt gemme wrng, my point is, u dnt hv 2 feed d nation cuz its ur wedding. Congratz in advance by d way! HML!!
Re: Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! by CrazyMan(m): 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
charles009:

Is this a wise decision?
I wouldn't advise that you cancel it. Plan a smaller wedding. Don't do something extravagant, rather go for a very very simple low budgeted wedding.

For the suit and gown, if you already have a good and presentable suit, just dry clean it and use it for the wedding, you can rent a gown for your bride.

As for the wedding catering, Instead of paying wedding vendors for the reception catering, ask your mom, her friends, your aunts, your village women’s meeting. Ask them to help you cook the wedding food, make the small chops, wedding cake, chin-chin and so on. I'm sure the would be very fair with their charges.

As for the reception decoration, photographs...etc, ask church members, family members or friends, I'm sure they would help out and give you a fair charge.

Good luck.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Check-out What Top Nigerian Musicians Earn Per Show / This Talent Is Worth Millions Of Dollars - Do You Have It? / Things You Should Know About Uba Graduate Trainee/entry Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.