Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

10 Questions For Theists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Questions For Theists (2881 Views)

Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? / A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? / Some Simple Questions For Theists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
Tufanja:

1. God winded up the clock of life… with six turns… God himself is beyond time, He is eternity.
2. We pray to hear in the echo of our screaming the plan of God ;-)
3. Knowledge about good and bad makes one responsible for one’s choices. Adam and Eve did chose to get access to that knowledge.
Their bad, our bad.
4. God didn’t came, He always was. He is loving creative energy. Sort of solar panel for love.
5. IVF by God.
6. God gave us free choice (essential for taking the responsiblity that goes with having knowledge about good and bad).
Using it to sin is our choice.
7. Because the Truth is powerful.
8. Both are children of God, the sperm donor is not relevant, only the one who delivered the souls.
9. Islam means submission, not being chairman.
10. Mohammed was Jesus nightmare and Jesus was Mohammed’s dream, I guess ;-).

~ Let’s build a nation of statesmen and send the areaboys home. ~

-You said God winded the clock of life with 6 turns, and that he's eternal and beyond time... But somehow you missed the part where I asked WHY??

-In Question 2, you said our sole reason for prayer is to listen beyond the echos of our scream, in order to glean the plan of God. Lolz. I get this tiny voice in my head sometimes telling me what to do and not to do. I think it's what science calls instinct. There is another version of it that guides and leads you as you make moral choices, I think that is generally known as conscience. Everyone has those, both atheist and non-atheist alike, and you don't even need to PRAY to hear the "echo". So which other small voice were you referring to?

-In question 3, you blamed Adam and Eve for their own woes, but you conveniently left out the part where your God created the serpent that was already very devious and initiated the temptation, unless it was omnipresent like your God (allegedly) and sprung into being from nowhere and nothing...

-In question 4, How?? You call this an explanation? Even a blowing wind that is felt rather than seen has more credibility than your God's existence, no offense.

-In Question 5, Your number 5 attempt seems reasonable only if artificial insemination was possible during the B.Cs. But it wasn't, was it? Nope.

-Question 6, Well, according to the bible, God, by creating Lucifer, whom in turn created sin, made God guilty through the means of proxy.

-Question 7, What truth? Can you elaborate further on this, please?

-Question 8, Brilliant response.

-Question 9, Another smart response.

-Question 10, Now I'm confused.
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Maamin(m): 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
Let see what do we have here?.. smiley

(This topic wasn't intended to offend, so please try not to take offence)

1. Why did God create the world in 6 days? Why not just instantly do it all in one day if he was all powerful?
If he had created it instantly in one day you would have been asking why didnt he create it in 6 seconds. tongue

2. If God has a plan for us then why pray at all?
Because he want us to express our desire also

3. Why did God punish Adam and Eve for doing wrong if they did not know the difference between right and wrong?

because they disobeyed God after being warned not to do a particular thing.
Example : whipping your 3yrs old son for stooling in his pant after showing him the right thing. kiss

4. Where did God come from?

Ummm! He came from nowhere embarassed hope you are not thinking of krypton? embarassed

5. How does a virgin get pregnant?

Looks like someone did not pay good attention in his Biology class back at school. grin

Clue: [size=4pt]rephrase your question[/size] cool

6. Did God create sin?

Suppose God had created everything instantly in one day..there wont be enough time to create a meaningless thing called 'sin'..abii what do you think? grin

7. Why are there so many religion with each one claiming to be the only true one?

I did not remember God forming any religion in the first place...let me know if you come across anything contrary. wink

8. Between Isaac and Ismael, which one was the legitimate son of Abraham?

Between your wife and your side chick which one is your legitimate partner? undecided ..your guess is as good as mine. grin

9. Why are there no chairs in mosques?

Just drop it....The Mullas know better.

But I wonder why there are chairs in the stadium tho! lipsrsealed

10. What status does Jesus hold in Islam. And what status does Mohammed hold in Christianity?

Jesus and Islam exist in different time zone and realm..so he was never there.
Muhammad was very farrrrrr from Christianity so he was never there either.

Hope I was helpful? grin

Peace out! cool
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
Maamin:
Let see what do we have here?.. smiley

If he had created it instantly in one day you would have been asking why didnt he create it in 6 seconds. tongue
Invalid response.

Maamin:

Because he want us to express our desire also
Can you expantiate further on this, please?

Maamin:

because they disobeyed God after being warned not to do a particular thing.
Example : whipping your 3yrs old son for stooling in his pant after showing him the right thing. kiss
Now you just hanged yourself with your own rope. How do you expect a '3 year old' kid to know the difference between right and wrong? For someone so young, practically a toddler, taking a dumb in his pants is completely normal. Flogging him can be considered by most people as an act of child abuse. Another silly response.

Maamin:

Ummm! He came from nowhere embarassed hope you are not thinking of krypton?

The Greeks know where their gods come from. From the mountains of Olympus. The Norse God, Odin and son, Thor, live in Asgard. It's only the Christian and Muslim god that has no home. Another Invalid response.

Maamin:

I did not remember God forming any religion in the first place...let me know if you come across anything contrary. wink
So what's your point??

Maamin:

Between your wife and your side chick which one is your legitimate partner? undecided ..your guess is as good as mine. grin
Invalid response.

Maamin:

But I wonder why there are chairs in the stadium tho! lipsrsealed
Invalid response.

Maamin:

Jesus and Islam exist in different time zone and realm..so he was never there.
Muhammad was very farrrrrr from Christianity so he was never there either.
Okay.

Maamin:

Hope I was helpful? grin

You weren't helpful at all. Obviously, you know nothing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Kay17: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
I have always wanted to ask if man through the exercise of his freewill, can redeem himself?

@striktlymi

I dont understand this GodwasSimply Gang you people operate. To you guys, the Universe can not simply be because you deduced a Being is incapable of of simply existing without a precedent. But when it comes to God with the same element of Being, everything is thrown out of the window. A general principle must have general application! I will open a thread on this.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Maamin(m): 2:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
Lol.. grin..lets try it again

Invalid response.

For invalid question

Can you expantiate further on this, please?

Ok here : [size=16pt]Because he want us to express our desire also[/size]
Have I expantiated enough? shocked

Now you just hanged yourself with your own rope. How do you expect a '3 year old' kid to know the difference between right and wrong? For someone so young, practically a toddler, taking a dumb in his pants is completely normal. Flogging him can be considered by most people as an act of child abuse. Another silly response.
What do you understand by "after showing him the right thing"? It means he is able to understand and already know that it is wrong so doing it again will be disobedient. And you know what comes after disobedient = punishment.(a$$ whipping)

The Greeks know where their gods come from. From the mountains of Olympus. The Norse God, Odin and son, Thor, live in Asgard. It's only the Christian and Muslim god that has no home. Another Invalid response.

First of all it is even funny that you believe in greek gods. So tell me who created or build the mountains of olympus? who build Asgard? grin and where is their locations and co-ordinates? undecided

So what's your point??

What is the point of your question again? grin

Invalid response.

For an invalid question

Invalid response.

For an invalid question

Okay.

Issoryt grin

You weren't helpful at all. Obviously, you know nothing.

Can I say the same for you too? undecided

Peace out cool
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kay17:
I have always wanted to ask if man through the exercise of his freewill, can redeem himself?

@striktlymi

I dont understand this GodwasSimply Gang you people operate. To you guys, the Universe can not simply be because you deduced a Being is incapable of of simply existing without a precedent. But when it comes to God with the same element of Being, everything is thrown out of the window. A general principle must have general application! I will open a thread on this.

I am not sure I understand the above. Probably when you do create that thread, I may get some more insights into your thoughts.
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by Kay17: 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
striktlymi:

I am not sure I understand the above. Probably when you do create that thread, I may get some more insights into your thoughts.

https://www.nairaland.com/2235179/why-does-god-simply-exist
Re: 10 Questions For Theists by lepasharon(f): 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
I know you are trying to make a point but come on now question 9 is just silly undecided

There are no chairs in the mosque for cultural reasons. Chairs take space apparently. I am not muslim btw,just trying to be objective.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Some Pastors Refuse To Have More Than One Branch - Freemanan / Why Are YOU An Atheist? / How To Have Sex With Demons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.