Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters (14741 Views)

An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me / 5 Major Reasons Why You Need To Read Non-Fictional Books / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by nonxo007(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
Where is Patrick Jane the mentalist
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by FreshboyNeeNee(m): 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
What if Scooby doo & his Gang?
Shaggy,Velma,Fred & that last girl
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by excel127(m): 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
k
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Abbotp: 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
If uncle Sherlock Holmes was not included as No.1, I for slap you.
especially the Hound of the baskerville
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by fineboynl(m): 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
basal of bakerstreest. from cartoon title the rescuer.
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by UjSizzle(f): 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
Alex Cross cool

1 Like

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by excel127(m): 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
Since 2015 Thread just made FP in 2017
Indeed, nothing is impossible
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:
This list isn't complete without Lincoln Rhymes.
He is paralysed and can only move one finger,
Used to be a forsenic criminalist,
Fascinated with falcon,
Famous believer in the locard principle and applies it to every crime scene.
i was a fan of Jeffrey Deavers then wink
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
*Raises hands*
One of my best detective novel series then. They even made the stories into a series of short detective movies, that featured one guy with his funny upside down mustache as Hercule
grin
jashar:
cheesy cheesy

Show of hands.

How many people here know Agatha Christie?

grin grin grin

Do these 2000 and 1990 shidren read good books?
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Mayflowa(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
orjikuramo:
Hardley Chase took a vacation ba? Anyway, u try

I tire Na. I thought he would mention a couple of lad from James Hardley Chase book especially Garland.

1 Like

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by McSterling(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2017
Patrick Jane nko? cool
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by sarutobie(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2017
For innate detective skills and talent I will put Sherlock Holmes first..but for the modern and futuristic detective, I think Batman is the numero uno..
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Jaqenhghar: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2017
Nancy Drew
Famous five
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by DJEhimond(m): 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
Jack Bauer Martin Beck
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by jashar(f): 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
Fabulocity:
*Raises hands*
One of my best detective novel series then. They even made the stories into a series of short detective movies, that featured one guy with his funny upside down mustache as Hercule
grin

You remembered....

i hope you're married with shidren na...

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by McSterling(m): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
.....and Detective Lot created by our own Larrysun.
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
Ahn Ahn
I'm not that old na
cry
jashar:

You remembered....

i hope you're married with shidren na...

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by tolulinks(m): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hi guys. I'm an ardent fan of Agatha Christie and I have in my estimation, 50 of her novels starring Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. She has inspired me to write my own murder mystery. I have just completed the novel and it is going through second draft. Watch out next year or so for the novel 'enchantment of nightingales'
I hope to pioneer Nigeria's own cozy mystery series

2 Likes

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by lobiologs(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
where did you put batman??
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Oloruntobi4382(m): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
DJEhimond:
Jack Bauer Martin Beck
Op is mad for not including Jack Bauer and Mr Bean
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Cyberrex(m): 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2017
@op Ellery Queen nko?
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by ruffDiamond: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
the king of crime thriller as far as am concerned was Raymond Babrazzon a k a James Hadley Chase of blessed memory I read nearly his entire by corgi book !in fact it was like a competition between us youngster back then but I can only remember Dave fener from The doll's bad news and bad character too like Vito Ferrari who took up the killing only and most closely protected witness in a murder case ,(don't remember the time again)and also the Slim brothers in No Orchid For Miss Blandish damn!those were the day mein!I'm still Still struggling to write mine but for this occasional writer block ish
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by blackbeau1(f): 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:
This list isn't complete without Lincoln Rhymes.
He is paralysed and can only move one finger,
Used to be a forsenic criminalist,
Fascinated with falcon,
Famous believer in the locard principle and applies it to every crime scene.
Jeffrey Deaver
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by blackbeau1(f): 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
Sherlock Holmes. But I'd include Aloysuis Pendergast form the Pendergast series of novels by Douglas Preston and Lincoln child
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
Chai!!! Where is saint obi
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by CheedyJ(m): 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2017
So,no inspector bediako on DAT list...na wa oooo
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by bigboa: 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
Alex Cross. Nancy Drew
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by harriet412(f): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
Abeg I no follow for this thread lipsrsealed
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by hakimi1974(m): 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
tom lepski. funny and over ambtious dick, in james hardley chase.

1 Like

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by SilvanusII(m): 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
Kay Scarpetta nko? And her entire crew? Lucy, Pete and that her FBI fiancé/husband
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
You forgot Inspector Gadget and Dick Tracey
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Lightning07(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
The Hardy boys were also very good detectives along with their dad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA / Oluchi (birthday Special) / Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.