Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters (14739 Views)

An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me / 5 Major Reasons Why You Need To Read Non-Fictional Books / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by haryomikun(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
orjikuramo:
Hardley Chase took a vacation ba? Anyway, u try
Hadley Chase na writer not detective

1 Like

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by hibly(m): 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
Detective Alex Cross

Kay Scarpetta..although she's more of a medical examiner

2 Likes

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Frazercrib(m): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
Birdy Edwards and his infiltration of the scrowlers in Arthur Conan Doyle's 'The valley of fear', is another competent albeit short played detective.

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Babalegba(m): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lieutenant columbo is the best but Adrian Monk is also good

1 Like

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Akinya17: 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
I just love Hercule Poirot.
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by introvertme: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
jashar:
cheesy cheesy

Show of hands.

How many people here know Agatha Christie?

grin grin grin

Do these 2000 and 1990 shidren read good books?

I'm one of those "shidren"

and yes I know Agatha Christie
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by introvertme: 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
Fabulocity:
*Raises hands*
One of my best detective novel series then. They even made the stories into a series of short detective movies, that featured one guy with his funny upside down mustache as Hercule
grin

I think say na only me don watch am

Dad bought the complete DVD for Poirot,and I love it cheesy
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by jashar(f): 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
Fabulocity:
Ahn Ahn
I'm not that old na
cry

Just teasing ya dearie
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by jashar(f): 7:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
introvertme:

I'm one of those "shidren"

and yes I know Agatha Christie

From your moniker, it's possible.....

1 Like

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Kingrapha(m): 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
No Batman?
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
kr0ne:
5. Frank Drebin: He's a member of the Police Squad! series and N.aked Gun movies played by Leslie Nielsen. And if you think Clouseau is funny, here is the true king of incompetent detective who-solves cases anyhow! He's a more comic figure; known for being a bumbling fool, causing lots of problems, often more than he solves, but being entirely oblivious to it all. Frank Drebin would frequently switch between being an utter genius and a complete moro.n. He just as well lacks having pity and compassion towards struggling individuals when they need it, and having any of it when conversing with officials who confront him about his mistakes. Regardless, he managed to stop Ricardo Montalban, Robert Goulet, and Fred Ward's evil plots, while occasionally running into Weird Al Yankovic.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2231033_denbin_jpeg3b6769bf990f4a22bfda69b5fd0ed1b8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2231034_drebin_jpegfc91e5216eafc35ea4a29d31f44e46f7
But where is the respective pictures!?
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by femzylivey(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
Op, I command you to include ALEX MAHONE OF PRISON BREAK. Your list is not complete without him
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by MosD: 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
Big omission from OP. Not possible not to mention Tom Lepski of Hardley Chase
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by trublvr(f): 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2017
Alex Cross
Kay Scarpetta
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
trublvr:
Alex Cross Kay Scarpetta

You know what's up.
I can't get enough of James Patterson's novels.

2 Likes

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Texykool: 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
Thanks OP.

This is exactly what my sister and I were discussing tonight. We read a lot of Hercules Poirot and Sherlock Holmes. We looking for where to buy those books again.

But there's someone missing out on your list. Lawyer Perry Mason. I can't remember the author, but that's the detective character in the novel series back then.
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Pedrocross4568(m): 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
Detective Alex Cross in James Patterson books series

2 Likes

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Pedrocross4568(m): 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
Same here brother [qquote author=BleSSedMee post=59512354]

You know what's up.

I can't get enough of James Patterson's novels.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
Pedrocross4568:
Same here brother [qquote author=BleSSedMee post=59512354]

You know what's up.

I can't get enough of James Patterson's novels.

I'm a sister o. Lol
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Pedrocross4568(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
BleSSedMee:

I'm a sister o. Lol
y great to have a sister in d world of Dr cross. Hop u sure no where d cross in my name comes from. How many of Alex cross books have u read ?
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Blonchilli(m): 12:20am On Aug 16, 2017
OP you've forgotten to list The Batman, he's the greatest crime detective of all time. The only mortal to defeat Darkseid and hack his omega system
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by sulakishop(m): 2:00am On Aug 16, 2017
Detective Biomkesh
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by CasualSammie(m): 2:05am On Aug 16, 2017
Alex Cross grin developed by James Patterson.
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 16, 2017
Hank voight, jack bauer, raymond reddington, nikita, jane doe, alex parish, oliver queen, barry allen, daisy of agents of shield etc. they are all fictional characters of a screenplay, same noni
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 16, 2017
Pedrocross4568:
y great to have a sister in d world of Dr cross. Hop u sure no where d cross in my name comes from. How many of Alex cross books have u read ?

Okies. Cool.

I became hooked when I read Along Came a Spider. Then...

Kiss the Girls
Big Bad Wolf
Cross
Double Cross
Pop Goes the Weasel
Alex Cross, Run
Four Blind Mice
Cross Fire
Cross My Heart
Hope to Die
Cross Kill

Still waiting to get *Detective Cross.

Then Lindsay Boxer of the Women's Murder Club Series...

James Patterson is the real deal.

1 Like

Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by kayswag100(m): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2017
hibly:
Detective Alex Cross
Kay Scarpetta..although she's more of a medical examiner
God bless you. you really read good books.
Cornwell got me hooked for years before i came across Paterson's Alex Cross
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by kayswag100(m): 9:00am On Aug 16, 2017
BleSSedMee:

Okies. Cool.
Kiss the Girls Big Bad Wolf Cross Double Cross Pop Goes the Weasel Alex Cross, Run Four Blind Mice Cross Fire Cross My Heart Hope to Die Cross Kill

James Patterson is the real deal.
Pop goes the Weasel remains my best.
Also read Lindsay Boxer's 3rd Degree. Wasnt as great as the Cross novel
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by YesNoMaybe: 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
UjSizzle:
Alex Cross cool

Add Lincoln Rhyme, Harry Bosch and.......you know na.
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by Pedrocross4568(m): 6:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hello BlessedMee. How was ur day? Wow so interesting u have read most of Dr cross series. Me first was rosses are red and be able to read like 16 and dyeing to get my hands on d rest like 8 more. Women murder club nice one too. I have read d first 6 books WMC. Nice to James Patterson is just great.
YesNoMaybe:

Add Lincoln Rhyme, Harry Bosch and.......you know na.
[ quote author=BleSSedMee post=59516962]

Okies. Cool.

Kiss the Girls
Big Bad Wolf
Cross
Double Cross
Pop Goes the Weasel
Alex Cross, Run
Four Blind Mice
Cross Fire
Cross My Heart
Hope to Die
Cross Kill

James Patterson is the real deal.[/quote]
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by nzgal: 11:14am On Aug 17, 2017
Sherlock, poirot and Miss Maple are my best detectives anyday anytime. I came across their complete works a while ago and its one of the best books in my library.
Re: Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters by kr0ne(m): 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
orjikuramo:
Hardley Chase took a vacation ba? Anyway, u try
This thread is for fictional crime detective characters, not their authors/writers. And even so Hadley Chase was no match for Dame Agatha Christie.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA / Oluchi (birthday Special) / Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.