Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? (32917 Views)

How Do I Win The Heart Of An Indian Girl / Nigerian Girl Traditionally Weds British Lover In Her Village (photos) / Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by kiwi992(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2009
Hi Rita,

As regards the Hindu religion, I don't know if you are aware that there are hundreds of gods and goddesses that the Hindus worship.  Some of them are for money, family, prosperity, protection, health and all what not.  Don't be surprised to find a shrine in the homes as well.

My friend (the Indian girl who wanted me to marry her) told me that she was going to bring her god into my house.  You wouldn't imagine how that freaked me out, considering that I'm a Christian.  Anyway, I reluctantly agreed to it but then told her that in that case, she would have to put it away in some corner of one of the bedrooms upstairs.

The Hindus are in the majority in India.  The Sikhs are seen by the Hindus as hard working but trouble makers.  The Moslems are hated by the Hindus.  The Christians are always killed by the Hindus.  A Christian church in New Delhi was burnt down whilst I was there. 

The Indians of a mixed-race are highly discriminated against by their fellow-Indians.  How so sad!  Do remember this.

The hotels are serviced by people with the darkest colour of skin.  If you are sqeamish about snakes then don't go to Madras.  There are lots of them there.

There are a lot more Christians in Kerala.  Oh yeah, and lots of fish too.  Goa is highly westernised because it is a holiday resort.  Agra - is where the Hindu Golden Temple is. 

A train journey from one part of India to another could take very many days and are jam-packed.  Avoid the trains if you do decide to go.

India is full of people.  People everywhere, you wouldn't believe your eyes.  You'd hardly be able to walk anywhere.  Oh yeah, and many motorbikes, autos, and Marutis (Suzuki cars) too.  People drive crazy there.  Don't be surprised to find people driving on the wrong side of the road.

However, the society is orderly.  You'd see lots of demos there and the police don't harm the people - they only use sticks to move the crowd on.  A truly democratic country that puts Nigeria to shame.

India is very hot.  I nearly passed out in the middle of the street due to the heat.  Don't drink the local water - always drink spring water such as Evian.  Take malaria tablets with you.  You need to go there with summer tops, pants (I didn't mean knickers), shorts, sunglasses and sandals.  Never buy any food from the roadside vendors either.  You'd come down with a runny stomach.   

Finally, be mindful that you don't get ripped-off in the shops.  I went to a shop in South-Ex, New Delhi, to buy a pair of shoes for myself.  The shop keeper tried to rip me off!  I was supposed to have bought a size nine.  I got back to my hotel room, tried it on but it wouldn't fit.  So, I took it back to the shop inorder to swap it for the right size.  The salesman climbed some stairs to get to the store room.  He then brought me a 'fresh' size nine pair.  I checked it and it was the same damn pair of shoes that I had just returned!  He climbed upstairs again with the shoes, got down and tried the same trick.  In the end, I got fed up with it all and asked for my money back.

Oh yeah, in March they have the 'holi' festival in India.  It's the time of year when an Indian girl could go up to a man and ask him to marry her.  So, many men like that festival.

I guess it's decision time for you now, isn't it?  Please think about it most carefully.

kiwi992.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Afam4eva(m): 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2009
Thanks for the little insight about India.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by spikedcylinder: 8:24am On Jan 23, 2009
Rita, everyone has explained to you but it seems you are not prepared to hear.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by tpia: 8:48am On Jan 23, 2009
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by debouy: 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2009
tpia:

the relationship stands a better chance if they dont live in India I guess. And if the man especially has minimal or zero contact with his family.

truly love and marriage has no boundary.Yes u can marry him provided you shall live in Nigeria and not India, As for staying with his mom i would advise u take d trip and experience firsthand what u're going into.
I do have a friend who's father is Yoruba and mom indian and they have been married for 35 yrs running now , they live in Naija though.

be aware that Indian culture is one that is entherenched in lots of cultural beliefs and customs.Caste system is just a small fraction.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by debouy: 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2009
the relationship stands a better chance if they dont live in India I guess. And if the man especially has minimal or zero contact with his family.

truly love and marriage has no boundary.Yes u can marry him provided you shall live in Nigeria and not India, As for staying with his mom i would advise u take d trip and experience firsthand what u're going into.
I do have a friend who's father is Yoruba and mom indian and they have been married for 35 yrs running now , they live in Naija though.

be aware that Indian culture is one that is entherenched in lots of cultural beliefs and customs.Caste system is just a small fraction
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by ritai(f): 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2009
oh! my God this is strange.kiwi u ve really stayed with them to know all dis.honestly as am i typing dis my fingers are trembling .i ve been avoiding him and his cals all dis while cos i want to back off and i so much appreciate u guys advice and suggestions.am really grateful cos some of the things u said corresponse to some behaviours esp 4m his cousins.

one of dem is in indian,he works with a one company like dat they re into website designing according to him,so he wants me to help him to do on- line marketing dat he wants names to open an id for them i was like wot for.he is still waiting for the details 4m his colleague.we chat every day.he was actually talking abt his pple they re nice and that his mama will luv to see me and stuffs like dat but then am scared.but my major problem is dat d visa is in process, hope if i decided 2 back off it wldnt lead 2 any fetish act 4m him.pls kiwi can they go xtra mile 2 deal with some1 spiritual or something?
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by adetunrayo(f): 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2009
You can still stay with him , so far the two of you will be staying permanently in Nigeria or elsewhere apart from India.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Theblessed(f): 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2009
Hey, baby!!! You are going from fire to frying pan, Ok! But, I give my blessing however, when your inlaws starts kicking your ar-e, remember I told you so. This is because an Indian family is not like ours whereby our family receives our children with all their hearts irrespective of where they come from - your children will always be treated as second citizen among their fathers family let alone the Country as a whole. Make your enquiries very, very well before you indulge yourself. In the West, bi-racial Indian children can tell their story about their father's families, check it out! To start with, Indians don't like blacks at all. An Indian family would not support a black man to marry their daughters anyway. If they say they do, I challenged them to show the statistics for that. Good luck with your adventure!

Indians are business and money minded people - like most but theirs is extra ordinary. If an Indian man says he fancy a girl outside his race - check it out there must be some financial/material gains attached to the girls side of the bargain or deal. Check their traditions - unlike Africans, where some parts still kept the dowry system going i.e ask the men to pay the dowry for their girls, in india, a woman has to take her own dowry to her husbands family. If a newly married woman returns to her husband without a dowry, she will kiss their ar-e. They will batter you, burn you alive and live you for the dead. So, if I were you research these information very well before you commit yourself else, you will find yourself in a hot pepper soup.lol!!!! Please find your native man or even a proper oyibo and marry in fact, that's even better at least you know what to expect than your current plan. Any way good luck.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by kiwi992(m): 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2009
Hi Rita,

TheBlessed has said it all.  Exactly what I'd been hinting at.  You can see even now that they want to use you.  Can you not see it? 

Na wetin?  You no dey hear?  A beg e do sef - e do!  Pipu don dey tell you but e be like sey you no wan listen.  Make e no be like sey na your death dey push you.  A beg make God no gree.

To say a be you, a for dey look for beta dudu wey be 9ija or oyibo.  Make you leave dem oluku (ode) pipu alone a beg!  Dem pipu wey go dey act like sey dem bi mumu all de time, dem too yanma yanma sef (ask any Hausa here for the meaning of that expression).  Dem too wayo and dem too worship owo.  Everything na owo.  Dem fit take juju sef put for your head go take you make owo.

A beg make you dey look for our pipu or oyibo.  Any dudu beta pass dem.  Oyibo dem beta pass oluku 100 times!  Oyibo dem sef no like de oluku pipu because dem know sey oluku pipu hate dem well well. Oluku society na nothing but hatred because you get different colour of skin from dem. The Hindu religion na about hating oda people wey get different colour of skin from dem. Dem wey dey hate oyibo yet na oyibo dem country wey dem dey live! Oluku life na hate oda races, play ojoro, and selfishness all de time. Dem so selfish, you nogo believe! Greed na him go kill dem. Everything na owo, hatred and selfishness. Wetin you tink sey make Idi Amin drive dem comot for him country? A be you never hear dat one before? Wey dem go dey shake dem head wen dem dey nak tori for you!   

Na only wen wata don pass garri de oluku pipu go say dem be co-dakie (Ghanainan for dudu) - like when oyibo dey attack dem.  Oyibo no get time for dem at all, at all.  However, oyibo dem like dudu propa.  If na me, e go be 9ija, if not, na oyibo.  With oyibo, you go know where you stand pa (with) am - no mago mago!

Even de time wey a go for dem high commission wey dey for Birmingham, go take visa, de titi wey dey for domot dey hala to her friend sey 'him be 9ija', even though she dey see say a carry oyibo bukuru (although dem write where dem born me - Bakana for 9ija).  So, me a just turn round ask am 'so?', na him she shut up.  Dat one na him be de first sign for me.     

Me wey don go dem ile see as dem be propa propa, a no fit talk de ting wey a take my korokoro eye see.  Pipu wey no like de pikin wey dem titi and oyibo sef born (like Obama) na you dudu wey dem for like?  Wetin wey you tink sey make me a run from dat dem omoge?  You sef, na wetin dey do you?  E be like sey you no dey hear.  A beg make you run comot from am.

Anoda ting, if you don old pass 24 or you don sleep with bobo before, a guarantee you sey you no get chance for marry am.  Dem all dey look for virgin and small pikin to marry.  God punish dem!!  As  TheBlessed don talk, na you go pay the dowry for the bobo head.  Why titi for go pay dowry for bobo head?  No be so dem dey do am for 9ija abeg.  A bi you wan make him pipu treat you like boiboi?  If de dowry wey you pay no big, dat one sef na anoda ijogbon!  Na big kpalava be dat sef.  Dem fit drive you comot for the ile sef.  You for ask dat bobo why dem no dey want titi pikin for dem society.  Dat na because of de dowry ting, a dey tell you now.       

See now, Rita, you've made me speak pidgeon English.  The very first time in this Forum - just in case anyone thinks I'm not Nigerian.  I bloody am!

All the best Rita.

kiwi992.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by touchmeder: 12:08am On Jan 25, 2009
wonders shall never end so na so them dislike black people? i never knew cos some of them are even darker than i am. wetin that pakistani boy dey ask me out for now? good grief lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 25, 2009
touchmeder:

wonders shall never end so na so them dislike black people? i never knew cos some of them are even darker than i am. wetin that pakistani boy dey ask me out for now? good grief lipsrsealed

Beware. This thread is filled with some blatant generalization. India is one billion+ strong. Different religions, traditions and sub-races.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by ritai(f): 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2009
thanx KIWI AND TheBlessed 4all ur wonderful contributions and advice.i ve already concluded not to indulge myself in such marriage.my parents are aware of dis mails.we so much appreciate.am so happy tanx so much guys.U guys have really SAVED me 4m HAD I KNOWN.

but this is crazy a woman paying dowry to a man wot 4.then who is marrying who?dis is ridiculous,ahaaaaaaa, he has been feeling bad over my reactions 2wards him but hope guys dat he wont hurt me by using my pix to perform magic
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 25, 2009
one love my broda kiwi i gbadun ur broken, well well you be true son of the soil, and ur identity is proven, a word is enough for the wise, even alex akinyele former sports minister try am im marry one indian e no work for am, rita ask urself say why black and indian marriage no dey happen at all , there must be a reason and it very clear say it is not positive, be careful. truth na one of the foundation of luv, have u gotten the whole truth out of this guy?
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by tpia: 11:26pm On Jan 25, 2009
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by spikedcylinder: 8:16am On Jan 26, 2009
tpia:

@ df2006:

alex akinyele was married to an Indian lady for over thirty years. The marriage ended when his spouse passed on.

His second marriage was the one with the problem. The lady was Indian, but left him for some undisclosed reason.

Sorry tpia but this is an awful example.

Alex is the man, he married an Indian lady and brought her to Nigeria to live.

The OP is a woman, her role in a marriage is quite different and according to her, they would be living in India. In this context, the OP should be seeking advice from Alex's ex-wives, not him.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by ritai(f): 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2009
men really are not scarce semid4lyfe either but it all depends on where u find ur luv.

if not because of racism,tradition and culture and hatred they ve on d blacks,i think with Obama's history and family background worth to be emulated. 4m slavery to No 1.family in d USA.actually wot KIWI and THEBLESSED erred abt indians is enough 4me 2 say NO to d marriage.but we must not be selective wen it comes to marriage and luv.it has no boundary whether a Niigerian or not but Indians are out of dis because they re worst among all.

my mother is a camerounian while my father is a Nigerian.so its all abt understanding and luv.so guys we can still follow Obama's footstep to attain to a higher level in life.but 4d MARRIAGE BTW ME AND THE INDIAN GUY IS RULED OFF .tanx guys for all ur contributions
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by tpia: 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2009
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by spikedcylinder: 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2009
tpia:

the example wasnt mine. I was responding to the person before me, who brought up Alex Akinyele as an example of a failed marriage between a Nigerian and an Indian. The failed marriage was his second one, not his first, which was also to an Indian. I see your point however.

Oh ok! My bad, I thought you were using him as an example.

@ rita, sorry to sound funny but how can you stand the way those people smell? Almost all Indian's I've met smell like friging garlic all the time. How do you manage that?
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 28, 2009
tpia, na so una go carry, i too know, come internet, alex akinyele,s first wife was not indian. she was south african go do ur research well befor u dey open mouth talk wetin u no know. the second one was indian and it didn,t work, haba? like say u dey stay with dem.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by JustGood(m): 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2009
Indians dont do anyone with darker skin
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 28, 2009
JustGood:

Indians dont do anyone with darker skin

Really??
- I know a guy who'd like to show you otherwise.
- I know several indians with darker skins than mine. I am not even what you'd call light skined. maybe I qualify to be done by an indian.
Anyway, to each his own.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by tpia: 7:39am On Jan 29, 2009
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by ritai(f): 11:31am On Jan 29, 2009
yeah dey like garlics alot and personally i hate the aroma infact am allergic to garlic.but then my guy in particular is quite different.i think maybe because he is educated,matured and ve spent most of his life in Nigeria working.he prefer our food most times.so i think i gave him 100% 4 been odour free compare to his pple.though i ve never perceived dat 4m his cousins either.

wotz up kiwi and Theblessed? i cant stop saying THANK U 4d wonderful advice and encouragement.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by ritai(f): 11:34am On Jan 29, 2009
yeah dey like garlics alot and personally  i hate the aroma infact am allergic to garlic.but then my guy in particular is quite different.i think maybe because he is educated,matured and ve spent most of his life in Nigeria working.he prefer our food most times.so i think i gave him 100% 4 been odour free compare to his pple.though i ve never perceived dat 4m his cousins either.

wotz up kiwi and Theblessed? i cant stop saying THANK U 4d wonderful advice and encouragement.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 29, 2009
tpia. now he is married to nigerian, what else do u have to say.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by spikedcylinder: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2009
df2006:

tpia. now he is married to nigerian, what else do u have to say.

Does it matter? The issue is about Nigerian and Indian marriages. undecided
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by cvibe: 2:51pm On Jan 29, 2009
poster?

If you are feeling that way, forget it! Cos you will always have that at the back of your mind. It's not about what people say.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by tpia: 3:54pm On Jan 29, 2009
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by kiwi992(m): 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2009
Hi Rita,

You're alright.  No probs.

We are all Nigerians and should be there for each other in times like these.  Oh yeah, to the other ladies, please don't argue 'cos Rita isn't going anywhere near an Indian for a husband.

My apologies to the Indians lurking in this Forum.  However, I've got to speak my mind.  You know very well that you lot are all bloody RACISTS.  Please go and find your own Indian woman to marry.  You hate everybody, including the mixed-raced Indians in your country, whites, blacks and almost every other race in this world except yourselves.

By the way, anybody that comes in here to criticise me for what I've just said, do remember that I have been to India and so, do have a first-hand experience of what's going on in that part of the world.

Oh yeah, my first teacher in elementary school whilst in Nigeria was a Ghujurat (Mr Adikhari).  I've studied with Asians (Indians, Pakistani and Bangladeshis) over here in the UK and in India, I eat in Asian restaurants almost everyday ('cos I'm too lazy to cook!) - I like karai ghosh, pilau rice and roti.  I've also dated two Asian girls, lived in Asian digs, in addition to having countless Asian friends. My mechanic is Asian as well.  So, I'm speaking from experience. 

Vishi, I know you are here, stalking me.  I told you why I wouldn't wish to marry you.  I guess you do remember now, just in case you've forgotten it.  Hope you've found yourself an Indian husband by now.   

kiwi992.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 29, 2009
tpia. i just want make you know say im marriage with indian no work, hate ke? i no send the man one bit, and forget that jist about his first wife being indian south african, or whatever, you heard wrong. ciao!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi's Vintage Rolls Royce Spotted At Kaduna Centenary Celebration / Oba Elegushi & Wife, Aramide Sekinat Celebrate 18th Wedding Anniversary (Photo) / Oba Elegushi Celebrates His Wife, Hadiza Tanko On Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.