Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,012 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? (32898 Views)

How Do I Win The Heart Of An Indian Girl / Nigerian Girl Traditionally Weds British Lover In Her Village (photos) / Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by chic2pimp(m): 5:38am On Oct 12, 2009
FL Gators:

Whose gonna complain about multi million dollar stinky man? undecided
mo n binu si e
Ahn Ahn ki ni fineboi se nah? undecided cheesy. Iyawo wa e bii nu o kiss kiss kiss
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by throttler(f): 11:21am On Oct 12, 2009
well, i could die from seeing a snake, i have watched too many indian films about sunita grin, and her toooooooooo many cobras. so anyone i know thats going to india, will be put under lock and key by moi!. apart from the snakes, i will say 'ride on and marry him jare', but nope!, its all about the deadly snakes lipsrsealed. minus snakes+india=no marriage( this na simultaneous equation) grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nijasingh: 2:59am On Oct 13, 2009
throttler:

well, i could die from seeing a snake, i have watched too many indian films about sunita grin, and her toooooooooo many cobras. so anyone i know thats going to india, will be put under lock and key by moi!. apart from the snakes, i will say 'ride on and marry him jare', but nope!, its all about the deadly snakes lipsrsealed. minus snakes+india=no marriage( this na simultaneous equation) grin

Make u no fear snake jare!! Just see Babalawo for the power of Eshu to help you deal with sunita snake!! smiley
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by throttler(f): 9:51am On Oct 13, 2009
Nijasingh:

Make u no fear snake jare!! Just see Babalawo for the power of Eshu to help you deal with sunita snake!! smiley

singh, noooo! me na christain chicken i be! i never see babalawo before, that is even more freaky for me! lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by agathamari(f): 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2009
you are gonna have issues with his family. traditionaly indians do not accept non indians as spouces. if his family is of modern ideals then no issue but you can say the same here. tradiionalist will look down on you and the relationship in both areas
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nijasingh: 1:05am On Oct 14, 2009
agathamari:

you are gonna have issues with his family. traditionally Indians do not accept non indians as spouces. if his family is of modern ideals then no issue but you can say the same here. tradiionalist will look down on you and the relationship in both areas

I can tell you one thing--Traditional Indians and Nigerians have more in common and more likely to accept eachother. The reason being that both have cultural values that are similar eg family values, social values, CULTURE of respect in family, Loyalty to partner, etc. In a way the culture of both is older and similar than the religious issues being raised here. Traditional Nigerian religion is also very similar to Hinduism, Islam, and Traditional Christianity. I am not talking of fanatics or extremists views of some in the name of religion who are not representative of their true faith-be it Islam, Hinduism or Xtianity.

The most important thing is the two people involved --LOVE can overcome any issues.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by tamme: 4:32am On Oct 16, 2009
indians and black people

no way
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by na2day2(m): 7:27am On Oct 16, 2009
tamme:

indians and black people

no way

why not?
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nijasingh: 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2009
tamme:

indians and black people

no way

Why? Abi u dey fear the sunita snake as posted by Throttler earlier?? LOL smiley

or u no fit run around trees?? or sing?? LOL cheesy
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by agathamari(f): 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
Nijasingh:

I can tell you one thing--Traditional Indians and Nigerians have more in common and more likely to accept eachother. The reason being that both have cultural values that are similar eg family values, social values, CULTURE of respect in family, Loyalty to partner, etc. In a way the culture of both is older and similar than the religious issues being raised here. Traditional Nigerian religion is also very similar to Hinduism, Islam, and Traditional Christianity. I am not talking of fanatics or extremists views of some in the name of religion who are not representative of their true faith-be it Islam, Hinduism or Xtianity.

The most important thing is the two people involved --LOVE can overcome any issues.
the issue is not whether culturaly they are similar. traditionaly in both countries you were expect to marry from your same tribe or tribal equivilant.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nijasingh: 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2009
agathamari:

the issue is not whether culturally they are similar. traditionally in both countries you were expect to marry from your same tribe or tribal equivalent.

I can see your point but what I am saying is that Love is more important.
Tradition expects you to marry within same tradition cause they will have same cultural values, If cultures are similar then it is easy to see why one can marry easily someone with similar values. So tradition can be more easily overcome if culture is similar.

For that matter in any marriage if partners are  not in LOVE then there is difficulty!! 

Love can also overcome all!! Believe me !! smiley Seriously -- LOVE can overcome all , Try it in any situation.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Konadub: 6:38am On Oct 24, 2009
An Indian and a black women. Hmmmm, anything can work but it will not come without it's hurdles. I was reading a few weeks ago that India was named the most "racist" country in the world,  they even have separate train cars for women in new Delhi(nytimes article i read a month or so ago) because the men sexually harass women frequently.

“I play a sweet and beautiful girl in the film. The best thing that I like about the film is that though it has four heroes, I am the only heroine. Rohit Shetty is amazing as a director. He can make even a black African look pretty”.
- Rimi Sen

Posted in the magazine as if it were normal and valid. But the crowd doesn't define the individual, so if you really love this guy and think there will be some benefit to marrying him in the long term, go through with it.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by kiwi992(m): 7:23pm On Oct 24, 2009
Hi All,

This thread has been going for a while, so I'm sure the poster (Rita) has long moved on.

Anyway, here's a vid of BBC TV's Panaroma that was only aired last Monday (19th of this month).  It's about the racism that an Asian couple faced, on moving to a social housing in Bristol.

Maybe the Asians (strictly meaning Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis) but most of all, the Hindus, should watch it and know how it feels to be on the receiving end of racial discrimination, considering that their religion is based on the caste system and the colour of the one's skin.   

Here it is:

Part 1

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNch0jPniXQ[/flash]

Part 2

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hARbXeb9VS8[/flash]

Part 3

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVIC8r9Fm2A[/flash]

Oh yeah, Singh, although you are Nigerian by birth, you are indeed, a Sikhini.  I know how much the Hindus hate the Sikhs, Moslems and Christians.

As I've always said in the past, Asians face the most racism in the UK and elsewhere in the West, as compared with black people, yet they, the Asians, are the worst for racial discrimination.  How so shameful!

kiwi992.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nijasingh: 1:40am On Oct 25, 2009
I know how much the Hindus hate the Sikhs, Moslems and Christians.
kiwi992.
[quote][/quote]

People do and claim all forms of evil things in the name of religion but that does not mean that the religion or everyone is like that.
Humanity comes even before religion and LOVE is a manifestation of HUMANITY.

A lot of families among Asians actually have more than one religion shared between them. I  mean you can have a family with some children as Sikhs, parents as Hindus, and the wife or husband a christian.

My best friend a  Christian Yoruba man who is married to a Fulani  Moslem lady and having lived in Onitsha, Ibadan, and Kaduna and Benin at various times  will give you examples of how they have been discriminated against based on state of origin, religion, and skin colour too!!   

No religion teaches or promotes evil, it is the ignorant people who interpret wrongly to justify their evil doings!!
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nijasingh: 2:02am On Oct 25, 2009
Konadub:

An Indian and a black women. Hmmmm, anything can work but it will not come without it's hurdles.

I agree---LOVE can overcome the hurdles.
You also sound like an optimistic kinda person--I mean that as a compliment. smiley
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by yommyuk: 2:54am On Oct 25, 2009
Marry an Indian
best advise - HELL NO
Most racist people in the world angry angry angry
Hate them with passion
And that is 4REAL cool
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by na2day2(m): 7:06am On Oct 25, 2009
yommyuk:

Marry an Indian
best advise - HELL NO
Most racist people in the world angry angry angry
Hate them with passion
And that is 4REAL cool

nice, they are racist and u hate them, i guess u call that "two playing the same game". maybe u should look inward first b4 u start calling other ppl names
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by oYaTo(m): 10:56am On Oct 25, 2009
@kiwi   u still dey d country? your posts are absolutely spot on.

Work don carry me come here for close to two months now, and while everything seems right in other aspects, na d food be d real issue. Na so so vegetables dem get, and since i couldn't eat that, I had to settle for roti/nan with chicken biriyani, na wetin i dey chop 4 d past two months b dat  cheesy

On the other hand, I have a perfectly good working relationship with my indian colleagues. I haven't sensed anything racial from them since I've been here (i'm in South India, so maybe it's a little different here). Yes, I get the stares when I go out or when I'm having dinner, but I just stare right back and nod to naija music plugged into my ears. . cool

p.s dem wan carry u go river 4 midnight?  lmao!  grin
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by kiwi992(m): 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2009
Hi Oyato,

Thanks.

You know sey e always good to speak from experience, so, all de ting wey a talk here na as a experience am wen a been dey dere.  No, a no dey for India.  Na oyibo people dem country a dey. 

If you wan chop meat, you for ask them pipu where you fit go eat food wey get propa meat inside.  De time wey a dey for New Delhi, dem tell me sey na for Old Delhi a for see propa meat chop.  So, for de town wey you dey (maybe Bangalore) you fit go ask dem.  A sure sey somewhere like that go dey.  Wen a been dey dere, to dey eat veg for every meal tire me no be small.  A come dey lose weight propa propa. 

Me sef na Asian food wey a dey chop for here when a too lazy to cook.  You for try kharai gosh (extra hot) and pilau rice.  You fit ask for lamb or beef kharai.  A sure sey you know sey nan bread e betta pass roti.  Make you no dey eat dem sweets beco dem too too sweet. 

If you wan titi for dere, you for look for the ones wey dem be mixed race.  Dem kine titi sef dem wan comot for India beco dem own pipu dey discriminate against dem!  Kerala na plenty fish and fine fine omoge wey dey there.  Dem iyawo na dem fine past for de whole of India and dem be Christians.

Make you dey look after yourself.   

kiwi992.

NB:

Oh yeah, dem be wan carry me go River Ganges for midnight go throw me inside the river as sacrifice for dem god (most likely).  God punish dem!  Dem tink sey a be mumu like dem wey no get sense.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by oYaTo(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2009
@kiwi i no even dey chop d lamb anymore. .e don tire me. .i dey comot here soon sha, make i go my beloved naija go chop beta suya. . cheesy

Now to important issues. .i go dey delhi next weekend. .u get any sisi 4 dia wey u fit hook me up with? grin
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by yommyuk: 10:07pm On Oct 25, 2009
nice, they are racist and u hate them, i guess u call that "two playing the same game". maybe u should look inward first b4 u start calling other ppl names

My hate for the so called indians I have come into contact with is not personal.
I just see them as two faced. Claiming to be black when it suits them.
For their racist attitude, Boy oh Boy I just can't stand them.

They only try to befriend u when they need something. Immediately they get what they want. They show their real colour.
@Na2day - I have been around them for years and I see the same attitude all the time.
Imagine this, an indian will come to live in a country and never integrate outside their race (99% of the time)
Why? Because they just came to grab, chop and Bleep everybody else
Damn selfish people angry
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nijasingh: 3:15am On Oct 26, 2009
oYaTo:

@kiwi i no even dey chop d lamb anymore. .e don tire me. .i dey comot here soon sha, make i go my beloved naija go chop beta suya. . cheesy

Now to important issues. .i go dey delhi next weekend. .u get any sisi 4 dia wey u fit hook me up with? grin

oYaTo, I beg make u no listen to Kiwi Oh!! LOL! smiley
Otherwise before u enter Ganges dem go cook u for Tandoori oven!! cheesy If u wan touch any dem sissi make u ready to marry am (provided u no get wife for Lasgidi dey wait u!!)!!!! Cos, dem no dey like players!! Except u decide to touch de professional ladies of de nite!! No talk sey i never warn u my Brother!
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by oYaTo(m): 4:48am On Oct 26, 2009
lol. .nuthin' do me jare. .wife no dey lasgidi, so who knows wetin fit happen grin
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by kiwi992(m): 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2009
Hi Oyato,

De titi wey a been dey nak e don move to anoda country.  De oda one na Kerala she dey but me a don lost contact with am as we get kata kata before a come back.

De ting wey a for tell you be sey you for try go church when you go reach New Delhi.  You go go introduce yourself for de iyawo wey you fancy when church service don finish.  Most likey her mama and papa sef go dey dere.  As you be Naija, a no fit tell you wetin you for talk pa nam (Saro broken).

E get one church wey dey near Aurobindo market.  E no too far from AIMS (All India Medical School).  You fit also dey go waka waka for India Gate.  Pipu boku for dat place but na mostly family dem, as India na highly family oriented society like Nigeria.

Lastly, you fit go Nigeria High Commission come strike up a friendship with one of the pipu wey dey work dere.  Ask de bobo to carry you go nightclub make ona go miliki.  De highly westernised pipu for dat country dem dey go clubs.  A beg make you no touch any ashawo.

Try stay for South-Ex for New Delhi.  E nice.

kiwi992.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by Nijasingh: 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2009
kiwi992:

Hi Oyato,

De titi wey a been dey nak e don move to anoda country.  De oda one na Kerala she dey but me a don lost contact with am as we get kata kata before a come back.

De ting wey a for tell you be sey you for try go church when you go reach New Delhi.  You go go introduce yourself for de iyawo wey you fancy when church service don finish.  Most likey her mama and papa sef go dey dere.  As you be Naija, a no fit tell you wetin you for talk pa nam (Saro broken).

kiwi992.

KIWI, I dey fear for u my brother!! I hope u no dey plan to go bak to Delhi!!  wink Cos' from your exploits there I go suprise if dem titi's u nak  never build BIG TANDOORI OVEN dey wait u!! LOL As for the Ganges part well na only your God for save U but even dat angle is now doubtfull since na church u dey use to do de bad thing!!
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by backspade(m): 5:45am On Oct 27, 2009
Indians are too entrenched in their caste mentality and many of them carry an unbearable stench. They are also very stingy, especially those who run fast food outlets. Speaking of that, I once remember going to a chicken restaurant that was owned by an Indian, and do you know the modafocka actually took away the ice machine, and put it behind the counter so he could control how much ice people got? It didn't stop there, when you ask for sauce, he asks how much chicken you have and then tells you "you only need this much because you have this amount of chicken".

I generally don't have a problem with them though. They are generally a peaceful people who hardly bother anyone, but I still wouldn't date one.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by yommyuk: 5:54am On Oct 27, 2009
I generally don't have a problem with them though. They are generally a peaceful people who hardly bother anyone, but I still wouldn't date one.

same o same o wink
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by oYaTo(m): 7:11am On Oct 27, 2009
@kiwi   Thanks for your suggestions. .e b like say u don waka wella o  cheesy

backspade:

Indians are too entrenched in their caste mentality and many of them carry an unbearable stench.

true yarns. . smiley

backspade:

They are also very stingy, especially those who run fast food outlets. Speaking of that, I once remember going to a chicken restaurant that was owned by an Indian, and do you know[b] the modafocka actually took away the ice machine, and put it behind the counter so he could control how much ice people got[/b]? It didn't stop there, when you ask for sauce, he asks how much chicken you have and then tells you "you only need this much because you have this amount of chicken".

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by kiwi992(m): 11:12am On Oct 28, 2009
Hi All,

SINGH

Broda, you sef!  Na wetin man for do?  Starve myself of iyawo for India?  A don already dey starve for de food wey dem dey give me to eat.  Why a for starve for titi side?  God sef him understand so him already don forgive him pikin.

The River Ganges tori na true talk.

A no know why person go suggest to a lodger for hotel sey him wan carry am go River Ganges wey dey 200 miles away, for MIDNIGHT.  Him tell me sey na only three of us go go - him, him iyawo and me.  You don hear dis kine tori before?  If na you, you no go put two and two together?  Abi you for jump inside him moto?  Me, a no fit o!  A beg, make God no gree dat kine bad ting.

BACKSPADE

You talk sey:

Indians are too entrenched in their caste mentality and many of them carry an unbearable stench.

No vex, but a no go go as far as saying dat many Indians dem dey smell.  A beg e no good to dey talk like dat.  Racism yeah but de smell side, a no gree with you.

As you know, anybody wey dey add garlic for him food go smell of garlic.  Dat one no be just Indians.  De French pipu like garlic well well.  Dem sef dey smell of am once dem eat food wey dem cook with garlic.

By de way, dem talk sey garlic e good for you but de problem be sey e too dey smell for person body na him make me a no dey eat food wey dem don put garlic inside or indeed, use garlic sauce.

Dese days sef, a honestly neva dey smell garlic for de Asians dem body, unlike de time wey a come here long time ago.  Dat time, a dey smell am for my Pakistani landlords dem body.  Dese days, de Indians and oda Asians wey a know and de ones wey a dey meet for supermarket and oda public places, dem no dey smell at all, at all. E be like sey dem no dey use garlic dey cook as much as dem dey do before.

Racism amongst the Asians, especially the Hindus, yes.  However, de smell side, no. 

OYATO

Wetin man for do?  Man for waka waka go find de ting wey him dey look for naw!  Dem talk sey condition na him make crayfish bend.grin

Make you take care for dere.

kiwi992.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by pmarvelous: 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2010
rital, i think all this conversation is all about you that want to marry India, see let me tell you something about India, they are racist and also Nigeria are racist among our self, is all over the world, i have a lot of friends who married India, both woman and man, and they are living happily down here, forget about alex akinyele, he only popular because his minister, go to ilupeju there in oshodi, you will see a lot of nigeria with india and their children, if come to india, like Hyderabad or town of Chennai, you will see a lot of Nigeria marred peacefully without any religious concern.

New delhi is the capital, racist will surely happen, or what do u think, because most people in Delhi are Kashmir people, they are real India and they make the Law happen, they bring fight and war to the country, but nothing the governments will do, if you are reading India newspapers, you will see a lot of crime that is happening in Kashmir, but you can never find any of them in jail, so this people dont like the foreigner on their land and they own Delhi and most of UTTA PRADASH part,

so apart for Delhi, go to another state they love blacks, punjabi people can die for nigeria, %50 of mumbai, hydrabad, bagalore, assam, shilong, and people that make nigeria feel at home, mizoram and manipuri, so please my dear brothers, when you are talking in forum, give a good i dear to whom seek it.

more so, my people in india, especially in Delhi, try and stay where foreigner stay, so that India can give u the respect, how will you feel if i see a British man leaving in kehide street, of ayeitero street, ajegunle apapa, believed me i will look him down or i will even think maybe he has a mission of bad thing there, please my fellow Nigeria, tell me brothers to leave good place where educated india are living, they will respect you as a foreigner. anyway let me stop here for now, just to let you know that racist is everywhere not only India.
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by tpiah: 3:49am On Aug 26, 2010
I once remember going to a chicken restaurant that was owned by an Indian, and do you know the modafocka actually took away the ice machine, and put it behind the counter so he could control how much ice people got? It didn't stop there, when you ask for sauce, he asks how much chicken you have and then tells you "you only need this much because you have this amount of chicken".

gosh this is too funny grin
Re: Marriage Btw A Nigerian Girl And An Indian Guy (any Objection)? by sandeepc: 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2010
i agree you have heard a lot of advices but only thing i can that indians r not that bad, if they were really so bad than they would have not got success and would have not been one of the best countries. every human and country has there good and bad its u who now makes a final decision.
taka care
bye
sandeep chulani (one of the indian whom u hate a lot)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi's Vintage Rolls Royce Spotted At Kaduna Centenary Celebration / Oba Elegushi & Wife, Aramide Sekinat Celebrate 18th Wedding Anniversary (Photo) / Oba Elegushi Celebrates His Wife, Hadiza Tanko On Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.