Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:32 AM

Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today (1458 Views)

Awolowo's Treason Trial / Revalidation Of Tinted Permit, Firearms Licence Begins Today / UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
Enugu - TRIAL in the alleged case of treason preferred against members of Biafra Zionists Federation, BZF, begins today at the Federal High Court Enugu with the prosecution expected to field its first witness to testify.

The trial is coming after several months of arrest, amid protest from their counsel, Mr. Olu Omatayo, who also is the zonal Director of the Civil Liberties Organisation, CLO, in the South East zone, who initially instituted a N10 million suit against the Federal Government over their continued detention without trial.

The N10 million suit bordering on enforcement of fundamental human rights, was, however, withdrawn, following their formal arraignment on November 20 last year.

Facing trial is the leader of the group, Mr. Benjamin Onwuka, a lawyer by profession, and ten others, including Ndubisi Nnamushi, Kelvin Ekeh, Japhet Nwodo and Fidelis Nwonu.

Others are Paulinus Uzoegbu, Sunday Chukwuma, Uduma Uduma, Betrand Obiekwe, Abraham Ugwu and Ijaga Samson.

The charge read: “On or about June 5, 2014, in Enugu within the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court of Nigeria with intent to secede and make a live broadcast for secession of Biafra as a nation, you armed yourselves with dangerous weapons and attacked Enugu State Broadcasting Service, Radio House and forced the staff on duty to play on air a CD (compact disc) containing Biafra jingles and speeches of late Odumegwu Ojukwu wih a view to secure or procure unconstitutionally the restoration of Biafran nation and to overawe the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan GCFR, thereby committed the offence of treason contrary to Section 37 (1) of the Criminal Code Act, LFN, 2004 and punishable under the same section of the same Act."
http://odili.net/news/source/2015/mar/19/321.html
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Rawani: 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Henhen, thing they happen for this country o
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by QuotaSystem: 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ayoakinkahunsi:
Henhen, thing they happen for this country o
Even years after their mistake, the suffering continues...
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
Rawani:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol what is so funny grin
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Rawani: 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
mzteemarh:
lol what is so funny grin
The irony my dear, while some claim they're opening a Biafran embassy in Spain, the ones in Nigeria are on their way to jail for even thinking about biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Scatterboss(m): 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
Rawani:

The irony my dear, while some claim they're opening a Biafran Embassy in Spain, the ones in Nigeria are on their way to jail for even thinking about biafra.
The Govt is soft on dem

1 Like

Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
This Guys shld be SANCTION properly

1 Like

Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 21, 2015
Rawani:

The irony my dear, while some claim they're opening a Biafran Embassy in Spain, the ones in Nigeria are on their way to jail for even thinking about biafra.
lol I understand irony indeed cheesy
BTW,how are you doing ?
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Rawani: 7:31am On Mar 21, 2015
mzteemarh:
lol I understand irony indeed cheesy
BTW,how are you doing ?

I'm alright, we haven't gisted in a while. I'll hit u up in a bit.
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by lovat(m): 7:43am On Mar 21, 2015
Two he-goats are busy commiting haram on this thread. If I report the two of you to ISIS then ......., release those Biafra members because it will surely come to pass
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 21, 2015
Rawani:

I'm alright, we haven't gisted in a while. I'll hit u up in a bit.
Alright then smiley
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by aurenflani: 9:14am On Mar 21, 2015
Rawani:

grin grin cheesy
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by WilyWily: 9:22am On Mar 21, 2015
IbnSultaan:
The Govt is soft on dem
Are you afraid of Biafra? Man, be proud of whom u are.
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by ManMountain(m): 9:35am On Mar 21, 2015
Who is that phoolish Yoruba man defending those Biafrans?
Re: Treason: Trial Of Biafra Group Members Begins Today by splashbaby(m): 9:45am On Mar 21, 2015
ManMountain:
Who is that phoolish Yoruba man defending those Biafrans?
Igbos should be grateful to Yorubas...the amala loving people have been helping the flat heads since centuries ..

Meanwhile see below

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Memory Of Buhari As A Child – Surviving Sister / Governorship Poll: Apc’s Rochas Okorocha Wins Reelection In Imo / How Much Oil Is Left In The Ground In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.