Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Morning Devotion: Amnesia Isaiah 44:21-28 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morning Devotion: Amnesia Isaiah 44:21-28 (402 Views)

Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists / So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! / Was Number 44 Of Suliemans Prophecy Refering To Chris Oyakhilome? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Morning Devotion: Amnesia Isaiah 44:21-28 by graluxxy054(f): 7:29am On Mar 21, 2015
A factory worker approached his supervisor at the end of the day looking confused. "How do I turn off my machine?" he asked. "You don't remember?" his boss asked. "No," the employee said. "In fact, I'm not sure where I am and what I'm doing here." The concerned supervisor sent him to a doctor. The diagnosis? Amnesia.
This situation has a spiritual parallel to Isaiah 44. God's people Israel apparently had forgotten who they were, for whom they worked (v.21), and how much the Lord had done for them (v.22). They needed to be reminded that it is foolish to depend on anything made by human hands (v.9-20), and that the Lord alone is able to control the course of human events (v.24-25).
What could be worse for us today than forgetting that we belong to Christ, that He has bought us with His own blood, that he knows how we should live, and that He is the One who is in control of all circumstances of our lives? Let's check ourselves. Maybe we, like ancient Israel, have had a lapse of memory. If so, let's forsake our sin, return to the Lord, and remember who we are and why we are here.
Spiritual amnesia is a dangerous condition, but it can be reversed.
>>> M. R. De Haan

Happy Weekend

(1) (Reply)

When Others Fail Us / The Old Paths / True Meaning Of The Cruxifix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.