Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s (21927 Views)

Osinbajo Meets With Civil Servants In Abuja (Photos) / Amaechi Helps Stranded Public Servants In Abuja.. See Photos / Photos From NSA, Service Chiefs And Igp's Visits To North East Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
Rilwon:

May God heal you smiley
me and u who needs healing!! ur talking like a madman, who will see a normal person and say "look at this madman" !!
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Bonapart(m): 12:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
Dayz of nonviolence...... not an English language tho
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Rilwon: 12:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
shikaan:
me and u who needs healing!! ur talking like a madman, who will see a normal person and say "look at this madman" !!

Indeed you are a madman grin

mumu undecided
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
[[s]quote author=Rilwon post=31851763]

mumu undecided[/quote][/s] smh!
so u are a supporter of APC?? no wonder.
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Rilwon: 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
shikaan:
[[s]quote author=Rilwon post=31851763]

mumu undecided[/s] smh!

How madmen behave^^^^^^^

<<<< Go back to your cage undecided
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by emmatok(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
lalasticlala:
Oil Rivers (present day Rivers State) Chiefs and their servants in the 1890s.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeeMeSeeNigeria/status/579190749637443585

Those men never saw the oil.
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
Rilwon:

How madmen behave^^^^^^^

<<<< Go back to your cage undecided
even if i insult u, u will not understand. lemme jst leave u alone to displayed urslf.
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by demandtruth: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
temitemi1:
Money good oooo! Come see edwin Clark n this the big mouthed ameachi now and their servants grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

So, the virus is gone.

This robot needs upgrade
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Rilwon: 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2015
shikaan:
even if i insult u, u will not understand. lemme jst leave u alone to displayed urslf.
You have 2 problems:

1) You are not mentally stable

2) Your english is bad

Go treat yourself undecided
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
Rilwon:

You have 2 problems:

1) You are not mentally stable

2) Your english is bad

Go treat yourself undecided
dont worry about my Engish. thats the least of ur problems.
deal with urslf!! jihadist.
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by MyNameIsMyName: 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
They had no shoes
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by M4gunners: 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
shikaan:
where are those foolish people who say Nigeria's oil belong to the North?? thurnder fire u people.
and u what has ur useless post got to do with this thread?
Amen thunder fire dem welu welu.
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Rilwon: 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
shikaan:
dont worry about my Engish. thats the least of ur problems.
deal with urslf!! jihadist.

tongue
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by franciseromosel(m): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
lalasticlala:
Oil Rivers (present day Rivers State) Chiefs and their
servants in the 1890s.

What is your proof that this pix was taken in the 1890s and not in the 1940s or 1970s.My momma pix taken in the 70s looks the same way.
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by hedonistic: 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
1890s? Looks more like early 1900s (between 1910 and 1940s) to me.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by basty: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
The God that gave the Government of Nigeria to Goidluck Ebele Jonathan has destroyed his Government for seeking after false gods.
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Truckpusher(m): 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2015
temitemi1:
Money good oooo! Come see edwin Clark n this the big mouthed ameachi now and their servants grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!
Even back in those days the servants of our forefathers were well clothed and even took pictures with their masters which goes a great deal to show what a liberal society that existed in the Niger Delta .

We were a free people and existed side by side with the Igbos with mutual respect for each man's territory .

Long live Niger Delta .
Long live Biafra.
It is GEJ or nothing .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Adyrin(m): 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
Acekidc4:
Huh!! will be Right back when dis Make Frong page!!
No be Lalasticlala??, it will definitely make FP!!!
Its FRONT
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Johnsmartinyang(m): 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
This human being up there,u keep uploading this GEJ's pic on almost every thread u visit. Won't u leave this man alone?,haven't u made ur point with the pix?,who else do u want to convince or confuse?
If I'm a politician ehn,I'll just keep doing what I know is right,cos no matter what u does as a politician,there most be critiques.
My broda I tire for d guy...I sure say he's an attention seeker or a job hunting boy......haaba
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by NewsINigeria(m): 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Liveair: 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
Corrupt men! Black men enslaving themselves from history of time.
It isn't rocket science why he fails to develop.
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by ak47mann(m): 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2015
look at how fresh the oil chiefs was looking back in those days not until nigerian parasites invaded on them till today they refuse to leave them alone very sad cool
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by delishpot: 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Who put my Great grand pa photo here?
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Acekidc4(m): 1:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
Adyrin:

Its FRONT

Thank you sir for the Correction!!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by slimderek(m): 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2015
Photo doesn't look like 1890s
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Ibime(m): 3:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
Bonapart:
Dayz of nonviolence...... not an English language tho

Actually that was a violent time with several wars between Okrika, Kalabari, Bonny etc.

Not to mention the Arochukwu raiding people willynilly and bringing them to the coast to sell.

Just 9 years before thís picture was taken, Jaja of Opobo had committed a grand scale genocide of the Ibeno people.

@ OP, I'll be interested to find out in which Kingdom this picture was taken. One of my forebears may be among them.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by 1miccza: 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
This human being up there,u keep uploading this GEJ's pic on almost every thread u visit. Won't u leave this man alone?,haven't u made ur point with the pix?,who else do u want to convince or confuse?
If I'm a politician ehn,I'll just keep doing what I know is right,cos no matter what u does as a politician,there most be critiques.

That up there bro is the hallmark of an APC e-warrior,all they do is upload fake pics of the opposition and posts that aren't true. I'll tell you when i spot a PDP e-warrior..
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Bonapart(m): 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
Ibime:

Actually that was a violent time with several wars between Okrika, Kalabari, Bonny etc.

Not to mention the Arochukwu raiding people willynilly and bringing them to the coast to sell.

Just 9 years before thís picture was taken, Jaja of Opobo had committed a grand scale genocide of the Ibeno people.

@ OP, I'll be interested to find out in which Kingdom this picture was taken. One of my forebears may be among them.
wow.... kul. Never knew.... thanks for your enlightenment
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by peleson: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
These men had 1st hand interaction with the white and were well exposed. Class,rich culture. Some people in the hinterland were busy with primitive lifestyle while these people were these exposed. Good. House, good clothes and good food.
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by naijaguy77: 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
lalasticlala:
Oil Rivers (present day Rivers State) Chiefs and their servants in the 1890s.

There was nothing like Oil River in 1890, oil was discovered in 1956 and the term oil river came into use in the 1970s.

Also, the environment does not look like Rivers state in 1890, so either your photo is fake (from another location, maybe the carribean or Calabar), or the date is fake. Either way, there is something wrong with the photo or the claim.

As a side note, Port Harcourt did not even exist in 1890, most of present day Rivers State was this forest and swamp, and people (even Chiefs) dressed minimally because of the heat. All in all, your claim is very doubtful.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Blackfire(m): 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
igbo men running the show since 30000 bc
Re: Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s by Ibime(m): 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
naijaguy77:

There was nothing like Oil River in 1890, oil was discovered in 1956 and the term oil river came into use in the 1970s.

Also, the environment does not look like Rivers state in 1890, so either your photo is fake (from another location, maybe the carribean or Calabar), or the date is fake. Either way, there is something wrong with the photo or the claim.

As a side note, Port Harcourt did not even exist in 1890, most of present day Rivers State was this forest and swamp, and people (even Chiefs) dressed minimally because of the heat. All in all, your claim is very doubtful.

Will you stop exposing your ignorance and read your history, mumu.

The oil Rivers has been known since the 1700s and refers to the Palm Oil trade which constituted 90% of British interest in Nigeria, most of which was done with the Niger Delta.

Companies like Royal Niger Company were formed for the purpose in the 1800s

Your great grandfather was the one living in the bush covering his blockos with palm leaves whilst our grandfathers were conducting international trade and sending their children to school. Ewu! Eediot!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Monarchs Disassociate Themselves From Endorsing President Jonathan / Buhari Must Remove Terrorist Tag On IPOB - Group Tells UN / Aisha Buhari’s Long Absence Not Due To Infighting In Aso Villa – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.