Stats: 3,158,020 members, 7,835,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola (3524 Views)

How NYSC Helped My Filmmaking Career! / Bridget Amos: My Boobs Have Really Push My Acting Career / My Backside Used To Embarrass Me—yoruba Actress, Wunmi Toriola (pitures) (2) (3) (4)

Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola by Goddynaija: 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
SOURCE:http://nigerianmag..com/2015/03/yes-being-curvy-has-helped-my-acting.html

Wunmi Toriola doesn’t belong to the league of women who have to be padded to be curvy and beautiful. The fast rising actress and movie producer ,who is a graduate of linguistics from the University of Ilorin is one of the new faces in the movie industry whose passion for her craft, will see go places. What more?Her sex appeals are capable of opening doors wherever she finds herself. What led you to produce your own movie?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-i5yTOr6n_k4/VQ1qKeFD1mI/AAAAAAAAAxQ/wH5GBjOgSb8/s1600/217x300xWunmi-Toriola4-217x300.gif.pagespeed.ic.e2U0V2vWw9.jpg[/img]

The desire to be better led me to movie production. Sometimes, you have a story and you are thinking if I you had your own movie production you could put your own story in your own way. You can influence things if you produce your own movie and you can make the director know what you want and blend it with his own expertise too. What was the experience of your first audition like? I saw the advert of an audition on TV and I picked up the form and attended .We had the likes of Funke Akindele there. I just prayed to God to give me the opportunity to do what I have passion for. I was picked amongst many people. Then, I proceeded to the second round and that was how I clinched a role in Ishese lagba and that was how I started. Can you quit acting for a relationship? I cannot quit acting for a relationship. Anyone that wants to be with me should love my career and be supportive. People will say you can compromise, but not something that makes you happy. Acting makes me happy, I am enjoying it, I love it. There is joy in getting paid for doing what you love. I would rather quit a relationship than quit acting. Seriously, what I will rather do is to create a balance. I will not allow acting affect my relationship. All I will do is to strive to create a balance. Quitting is a no- no for me. What do you think makes you unique? I don’t strive to be like anybody, I just want to be myself. I watch other individuals that are good and I learn from them. Even when I admire someone’s acting abilities I still don’t want to be like them. I just want to be better at what I do. I don’t want to be like any particular actress. Has been a curvy lady influenced your getting roles? In project management there is this saying that whatever you do, if you infuse an element of sex, it sells faster. Being a curvy lady has actually helped me. I have gotten roles, coupled with the fact that I am also good in what I do, it’s a big plus. At times, producers look out for curvy ladies and you hear them say: “Let us work with Wunmi Toriola”.

Being curvy has actually helped me. What impression do you think most people have of actresses? There is this impression people have about actresses that we are nothing but sex objects. The moment some people come across you all they have in their minds is to UnCloth you and have sex with you. It is usually worse for some of us that are sexy and curvy. Sometimes, I don’t blame them though because some of the bad eggs in the industry have destroyed our image. Not all actresses are promiscuous, those that are, never last in the industry. Why did you play the lead role in your movie? I played the lead role because as an upcoming actress, I still need to do more roles to be more relevant. The only way I can do that is by taking the lead roles in my own movies and getting other roles in other movies.

READ MORE AND SEE MORE PHOTOS @ NIGERIAN MAG

SOURCE:http://nigerianmag..com/2015/03/yes-being-curvy-has-helped-my-acting.html
Re: Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola by kodded(m): 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
NA WHO BE THIS ? undecided
Re: Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola by ephemm(m): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
kodded:
NA WHO BE THIS ? undecided

Choi! My question too!
She better choose another career path, because I don't think anyone knows her or what she seem to claim success in atm.

Re: Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola by Dyt(f): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
Pls show the curves oooo
We wanna see
Re: Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola by pretydiva(f): 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
I don't no her here in benin
Re: Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola by seankay(m): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2015
Who is she?
Re: Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola by jerryunit48: 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2015
And how many guys don chop that puna ?
Re: Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola by somtoto(m): 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2015
nawa oooooooooooo how many actress we get niii
Re: Yes, Being Curvy Has Helped My Acting Career — Wunmi Toriola by fatfatty: 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
I know her. She's an upcoming actress and a movie producer. She produced and featured in 'ETO'

Is Vivian Gist The Next Big Thing After Linda Ikeji's Blog? / 'we Are Not Dating' - Falz Speaks On Relationship With Female Singer, Simi / See Five Nigerian Celebs That Are Married To White People [see Them!]