Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,454 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Things That Can Distract You During Church Services - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things That Can Distract You During Church Services (27783 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Dances With His Wife During Church Service. (Photos) / Between Apostle Suleman And His Wife During Church Service. PICS / South African Pastor Strips Members During 'church service' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Rendezvou: 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
Many believers attend church services with expectations. Unfortunately not everyone goes back being blessed; some would return empty-handed, not because they are sinners, but for the fact that they are not actually present at the service even though they occupy space with their fulness.

There are certain practices that distract us from concentrating fully especially during Sunday services which consequently rob us of divine encounter and visitation, true fellowship,vital and spiritual information and blessings. Its no surprise that some people would not remember the Sermon they heard once they step out of the church. Why? Because they never listened.

Some of the things that often distract us during Sunday services are-

1. Getting to church at late hours/minutes- you have already lost touch with a thing or two. You wouldn't be late for an appointment with your country's president, let us honour and respect God.

2. Sitting at back seats- you will be less distracted if you sit at the front.

3. Opening your eyes during worship and prayers- the less you see with your physical eyes, the more you concentrate during worship and prayers

4. Greeting during service- it is better done after church service except there is a period alloted for it
5. Gisting during service- very bad habit. whatever anyone has to tell you should wait till final blessing.

6. Having your mobile phone on- calls and messages can take you out of the church at wrong moments or take your spirit out of the church. Always switch it off completely

7. Using electronic gadgets in place of hard copy of the Bible- you may be tempted to do more than reading the scripture. Use your Bible and not Bible app on your gadgets in church.

8. Carrying children- I do not mean babies here. Some parents are fond of this. You can do this only if there is no children class in the church. If there is children auditorium, let your child also go there.

9. Wearing clothings and shoes that are not moderate and convenient- this is not a joking matter at all. I have had such experience wearing a very tight shoe to the church. It was really a hell and I couldn't concentrate, always adjusting and readjusting...

10. Too much looking- if there is a word like 'lookertive' we can use it to refer to some believers. Some will look at the members of the congregation from head to toe, roll by roll before shifting to the alter to examine the ministers. You may find yourself doing this unconsciously. Determine to only be looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

God bless you.

52 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2015
Posting topics on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Rendezvou: 4:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
dolapobello1:
Posting topics on nairaland.
not what you expect?
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by charlie42(m): 4:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
Noted!
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Bonapart(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
This is a wonderful write up
Op may you be found blameless when Christ come again
May you have a place in heaven....

21 Likes

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Samirana360(m): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
Somtimes gals wit indecent dressing,

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
grin grin grin grin

Looking at big yansh rolling and gyrating during praise and worship.

13 Likes

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Burger01(m): 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
smiley
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2015
The female Usher's backside.

The tight fitting skirt is a sight to behold...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Onyiclassic(f): 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2015
sitting close to a nursing mum dat doesnt mind breastfeeding her baby inside d church

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2015
11- Thinking of d Jollof Rice and Chicken u left @ home b4 going 2 church.grin grin[i][/i]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Hardheolar(m): 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2015
When underdog team with 15+ odd is flogging big teams with 1.18 odd and ur cash is at stake. You will be reloading live scores like kilode.

12 Likes

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Doortun(m): 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
Today I didn't concentrate at all. I was looking at one Ghanian chic's bum, I have been eyeing her since. Today Her pant lining was very noticeable under her moderately curved body. To be honest, her dress was moderate and decent, but my very sharp eyes see things that will make my personal ministry move to higher level.

In my mind, I was like which format shd I use for this chic from Sunday school to the grace. After the service she was ushered out of the church by her mum by a technique I would refer to as The guiding of life (her mum must be a professional life guard). I still wanted to prove sturborn and excuse her from her mum, but the spikey bangles on her mums hand deterred me.

Now I won't sleep well tonight as I have a mission unfulfilled.

Next Sunday is another day Omoboi won't retire like that

6 Likes

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by phorlafemi(f): 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
True talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
See free Land for Frontpage...

Back to the topic....the kyne dressing wey sisters dey wear come church these days na die ooo.....chai, person go just dey look vision tire.
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by coldsummer: 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
Upcoming presidential election.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by seedorfg(m): 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
like looking a girl in a mini skirt, or sighting the pastor beautiful daughter

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Capitano1(m): 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
[size=18pt]SWEAT TOO MUCH
Visit us[/size]
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
mtchwwwwwwwwww chelsea vs hull still 2-2
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by BE811APP: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
True

We christians take lots of hings for graned..

Have u ever seen such in a mosque or an worshiping centre...

Am so guilty of the late coming part... And when I get to church.. I force my self to drop d fone in the car.. But if I mistakenly take it in to d church... I must sha surf the internet..

Its a bad habit...

God is indeed very patient aand kind

3 Likes

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by iphanyiuma(m): 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
Sitting close to a girl with big boobies...damn!!! Biggest distraction cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by ElFenomeno1: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2015
Pastor dipping his hands into the offerings pot whilst
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2015
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by SuperSuave(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2015
When you're the drummer, pianist or guitarist and these choir girls are vigorously shaking their behind in front of you....it takes heavenly grace to concentrate. #talking from experience undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Trailblazer2: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
Nyash
shocked shocked kiss
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Hardheolar(m): 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
vimi:
mtchwwwwwwwwww chelsea vs hull still 2-2
oya. Run go check livescores
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2015
phone ringing ,babies crying , big butt grin ,chewing gum etc

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2015
God bless you op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by hamaworld(m): 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2015
grin grin
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by SuperSuave(m): 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hardheolar:
oya. Run go check livescores
2-3 I must chop 1960bet money 2day grin
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by umarc19: 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
#iRepChange
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
anybody against the re-election of president Good luck Jonathan, we would open the gate of hell for them

in Jesus Christ our God we stand.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland / RAPTURE : Left Behind For Bad Behaviour? - Jack Kelley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.