Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Things That Can Distract You During Church Services - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things That Can Distract You During Church Services (27785 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Dances With His Wife During Church Service. (Photos) / Between Apostle Suleman And His Wife During Church Service. PICS / South African Pastor Strips Members During 'church service' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Hardheolar(m): 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
SuperSuave:
2-3 I must chop 1960bet money 2day grin
1960 of all bookies? Ur money neva hang for air before?
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by claro02(m): 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
Yeah, nice write up.

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by kemmary: 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
seeing someone wearing same outfit wit u grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by RotrEmmanuel: 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
When u don't have offering and you are sitting in the midst of your neighbours daughter that u ave bin crushing on.

grin grin
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by SuperSuave(m): 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hardheolar:
1960 of all bookies? Ur money neva hang for air before?
e don hang wella. Now playing shop games mio raye oshi
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by TeGaTeGa1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
Women jor
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by gud4dbest(m): 6:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
Rendezvou:
not what you expect?
u know,to him it doesnt make sense.

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by gud4dbest(m): 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
When u don't have offering and you are sitting in the midst of your neighbours daughter that u ave bin crushing on.
grin grin
dat can b a distraction u know.Very funny!
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Missmossy(f): 7:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
Lol.. Very true grin

3 Likes

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hallelujah
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by okotv(m): 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
the kind of church you folks attend these days ehn....
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by chinweobianwa(f): 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
so you mean people shouldn't sit at back seat.You are distracted because you are a distraction%-)
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by chinuz(m): 7:25pm On Mar 22, 2015
Know you guys would strangle me for this..buh those people also look around to notice what op did too..no offence
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by EdidiongEkong(m): 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
Good evening,

Did you watch today's Match between Liverpool and Manchester United?

However, Click here to VOTE for ME >>> http://rhodiesworld.com/?contestants=18-aniebiet-umanah

The Procedure remains the same:

1. CLICK ON THE LINK
2. LOGIN with your USERNAME and PASSWORD created
3. VOTE
4. Click on the FACEBOOK and TWITTER ICON to share to your friends

Don't forget to watch today's El' Classico between Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
WEN A GIRL WIT BIG BOOBS SITS NEXT TU YU

ND IMMEDIATELY U SI D BOOBS WEN XPOSED grin

YU PRETEND AS IF YU WANT TU TALK TU D GAL ONLY 4 U TU BEND HER HEAD DOWN WHILST PRETENDIN TU B TALKIN WHILE LOOKIN AT D SUMPTOUS BOOBS cheesy grin smiley
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by komek(m): 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
I always have spiritual distraction.
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by eobasi(m): 7:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hardheolar:
When underdog team with 15+ odd is flogging big teams with 1.18 odd and ur cash is at stake. You will be reloading live scores like kilode.
you are just right!! U go check livescores like crazy.........especially when its d last game on your slip!
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by jnrbayano(m): 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
Rendezvou:
Many believers attend church services with expectations. Unfortunately not everyone goes back being blessed; some would return empty-handed, not because they are sinners, but for the fact that they are not actually present at the service even though they occupy space with their fulness.

There are certain practices that distract us from concentrating fully especially during Sunday services which consequently rob us of divine encounter and visitation, true fellowship,vital and spiritual information and blessings. Its no surprise that some people would not remember the Sermon they heard once they step out of the church. Why? Because they never listened.

Some of the things that often distract us during Sunday services are-

1. Getting to church at late hours/minutes- you have already lost touch with a thing or two. You wouldn't be late for an appointment with your country's president, let us honour and respect God.

2. Sitting at back seats- you will be less distracted if you sit at the front.

3. Opening your eyes during worship and prayers- the less you see with your physical eyes, the more you concentrate during worship and prayers

4. Greeting during service- it is better done after church service except there is a period alloted for it
5. Gisting during service- very bad habit. whatever anyone has to tell you should wait till final blessing.

6. Having your mobile phone on- calls and messages can take you out of the church at wrong moments or take your spirit out of the church. Always switch it off completely

7. Using electronic gadgets in place of hard copy of the Bible- you may be tempted to do more than reading the scripture. Use your Bible and not Bible app on your gadgets in church.

8. Carrying children- I do not mean babies here. Some parents are fond of this. You can do this only if there is no children class in the church. If there is children auditorium, let your child also go there.

9. Wearing clothings and shoes that are not moderate and convenient- this is not a joking matter at all. I have had such experience wearing a very tight shoe to the church. It was really a hell and I couldn't concentrate, always adjusting and readjusting...

10. Too much looking- if there is a word like 'lookertive' we can use it to refer to some believers. Some will look at the members of the congregation from head to toe, roll by roll before shifting to the alter to examine the ministers. You may find yourself doing this unconsciously. Determine to only be looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

God bless you.

No 2 is false. Capital false!!

I never sit on the front seat anywhere be it in church, classroom, conferences etc and you will struggle to match my concentration levels.

I agree with the rest.
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by naijafresh: 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
Why do people have a problem with modern technology these days?

I keep hearing 'don't use the bible app' on your tablet everywhere I go.

So in that light please wears raffia palm skirts, ride bicycles or indeed a donkey to church and of course don't use multimedia in church as well. You also have to use the original bible scrolls in ancient Hebrew or Aramaic as well non of this modern translation bible nonsense.

If you don't own one or don't understand it don't knock it!

If I want to use a tablet or my phone in church instead of listening to the sermon my mind is already distracted. If I have a hard copy bible it isn't going to stop me. grin
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by sonofspada(m): 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
Planning shoki after service wink
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Akposkool(m): 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2015
Over smiling when the pastor says hug 5 persons and tell em God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Bluffly: 8:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
Rendezvou:
Many believers attend church services with expectations. Unfortunately not everyone goes back being blessed; some would return empty-handed, not because they are sinners, but for the fact that they are not actually present at the service even though they occupy space with their fulness.

There are certain practices that distract us from concentrating fully especially during Sunday services which consequently rob us of divine encounter and visitation, true fellowship,vital and spiritual information and blessings. Its no surprise that some people would not remember the Sermon they heard once they step out of the church. Why? Because they never listened.

Some of the things that often distract us during Sunday services are-

1. Getting to church at late hours/minutes- you have already lost touch with a thing or two. You wouldn't be late for an appointment with your country's president, let us honour and respect God.

2. Sitting at back seats- you will be less distracted if you sit at the front.

3. Opening your eyes during worship and prayers- the less you see with your physical eyes, the more you concentrate during worship and prayers

4. Greeting during service- it is better done after church service except there is a period alloted for it
5. Gisting during service- very bad habit. whatever anyone has to tell you should wait till final blessing.

6. Having your mobile phone on- calls and messages can take you out of the church at wrong moments or take your spirit out of the church. Always switch it off completely

7. Using electronic gadgets in place of hard copy of the Bible- you may be tempted to do more than reading the scripture. Use your Bible and not Bible app on your gadgets in church.

8. Carrying children- I do not mean babies here. Some parents are fond of this. You can do this only if there is no children class in the church. If there is children auditorium, let your child also go there.

9. Wearing clothings and shoes that are not moderate and convenient- this is not a joking matter at all. I have had such experience wearing a very tight shoe to the church. It was really a hell and I couldn't concentrate, always adjusting and readjusting...

10. Too much looking- if there is a word like 'lookertive' we can use it to refer to some believers. Some will look at the members of the congregation from head to toe, roll by roll before shifting to the alter to examine the ministers. You may find yourself doing this unconsciously. Determine to only be looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

God bless you.

Ladies dressing to kill to church- They will be focusing on themselves that they are still intact and making moves that they are noticed. This causing distraction for themselves and likewise others.
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
BE811APP:
True

We christians take lots of hings for graned..

Have u ever seen such in a mosque or an worshiping centre...

Am so guilty of the late coming part... And when I get to church.. I force my self to drop d fone in the car.. But if I mistakenly take it in to d church... I must sha surf the internet..

Its a bad habit...

God is indeed very patient aand kind

Repent!!!!
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Rendezvou: 9:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
Bonapart:
This is a wonderful write up
Op may you be found blameless when Christ come again
May you have a place in heaven....
Amen. May the Lord bless you real good.

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Bonapart(m): 9:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
Rendezvou:
Amen. May the Lord bless you real good.
amen.... thanks more

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Rendezvou: 9:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
pastorKosiso:
God bless you op
Amen. He will bless you too sir.

1 Like

Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Rendezvou: 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2015
chinweobianwa:
so you mean people shouldn't sit at back seat.You are distracted because you are a distraction%-)
you are likely to be more distracted at the back than at the front.
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Rendezvou: 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
komek:
I always have spiritual distraction.
How?
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by Rexhenrex(m): 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2015
SuperSuave:
When you're the drummer, pianist or guitarist and these choir girls are vigorously shaking their behind in front of you....it takes heavenly grace to concentrate. #talking from experience undecided
bros u are funny o,mine was during a concert i was the dominant keyboardist i was just showing off till my crush winked me chai,from key G didnt know when i started playing key C.i confuse eh u know that feeling na
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by mmsen: 10:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
The sight of known ashewos in their shapely outfits.
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by komek(m): 11:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
Rendezvou:
How?

When Pastors r preaching in the church I always battle with my spirit. I continue asking my sef why would pple believe so much in what they don't know. How were they convinced so easily to believe tha what they do in the churches are the right thing. Why would a Pastor say something and pple will just believe without asking questions? Etc
Re: Things That Can Distract You During Church Services by simdam500(m): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland / Abimbola Adelakun Held Hostage In COZA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.