Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran (2530 Views)

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. / Name Of Allah Appear On A Piece Of Meat / How Muhammad Was Violating The Quran With Impunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Misogynist2014(m): 12:13am On Mar 23, 2015
Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN)— The Afghan woman is dragged onto a roof and hit with a
stick, as a horde of angry, screaming men swarm around her.
At one point, video shows her standing with her face covered in blood. She is pushed
and falls over, and her beating continues with feet, with rocks, with boards. Then, in the
last part of the video, her body is engulfed in flames -- though it's not known whether, by
that point, she was already dead.
This horrific scene played out in Kabul on Thursday. It's already had ripple effects,
including a United Nations statement on Friday condemning what it called "the brutal
killing and burning of a 27-year-old mentally ill woman."
That corresponds with what the woman's parents told CNN affiliate Tolo News, saying
their daughter suffered from mental health problems for the last 16 years.
It's not known whether her attackers knew this, or that it would have mattered.
Advertisement
What motivated the mob, according to witnesses, was a belief that the targeted woman
had burned the Quran. CNN hasn't seen any proof that she set a copy ablaze.
Afghanistan's Ministry of Hajj and Religious Affairs has found no such evidence, either,
according to Tolo.

A look at other Quran controversies 00:59
Mark Bowden, acting head of the U.N. Afghanistan mission, said that burning the Quran
hurts efforts to promote "understanding and mutual respect between cultures and
religions."
"However, the brutal murder of this woman is an unspeakably horrendous act," Bowden
said, "that should result in those responsible being prosecuted, to the fullest extent
possible, under Afghan law."
Body burned, thrown in river
Nahid, a 45-year-old woman who goes only by one name, told CNN what she saw and
heard outside the Shah Do Shamshera shrine, which is opposite a mosque by the same
name. A group of women were shouting at the eventual victim, accusing her of burning
the Quran, according to Nahid. The woman yelled back.
This got the attention of men nearby. Police tried to close gates to keep them out but it
didn't work, said the witness, noting that many men jumped a fence and began beating
the accused woman.
The hits and kicks ended after someone poured fuel on the woman and lit her on fire,
said Nahid, who watched from inside the shrine.
"(They) burned her and then threw her corpse away in the Kabul River," she said. http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/20/asia/afghanistan-woman-killed/index.html
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Onemansquad(m): 12:17am On Mar 23, 2015
may her soul RIP tho
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Misogynist2014(m): 12:33am On Mar 23, 2015
Onemansquad:

may her soul RIP tho
Amen. cry Wish she knew Christ.
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Chynx(m): 12:51am On Mar 23, 2015
Islam?

Na wah o!
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Sabadon(m): 1:45am On Mar 23, 2015
reads thread,speechless smh walks out if thread with my thought
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Sabadon(m): 1:46am On Mar 23, 2015
reads thread,speechless smh walks out if thread with my thoughts
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Misogynist2014(m): 9:11am On Mar 23, 2015
Sabadon:
reads thread,speechless smh walks out if thread with my thought
I've never seen a woman beaten and killed with so much fury. Even the CNN newscaster was almost crying, you know how emotional women can be.

1 Like

Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 23, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I've never seen a woman beaten and killed with so much fury. Even the CNN newscaster was almost crying, you know how emotional women can be.

How is different from Aluu 4?

Both were motivated by what someone claimed to have happened. It is not religion, it is madness. People are monsters, religion or not.

Stop trying to make this about Islam, if despite the persecutions the prophet faced, he refused to ask God to deal with deal persecutors, then this must be madness not religion, religion in this case made it too easy to justify their madness.
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Misogynist2014(m): 11:51am On Mar 23, 2015
Justfollowit:

Both were motivated by what someone claimed to have happened. It is not religion, it is madness. People are monsters, religion or not.

Stop trying to make this about Islam, if despite the persecutions the prophet faced, he refused to ask God to deal with deal persecutors, then this must be madness not religion, religion in this case made it too easy to justify their madness.

Did you know? A very influencial cleric supported their action, provided the woman was found guilty to have done it deliberately, according to the laws of quran. That apart, I just installed English Quran and daily hadith, why not download a KJV Bible, and read the new testament and the old testament later.

That screenshots of the English Quran and hadith below.

1 Share

Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by davien(m): 11:51am On Mar 23, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Amen. cry Wish she knew Christ.
Then she'll be the one pouring petrol on homosexuals and burning them right? undecided
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by ebamma(m): 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
Justfollowit:

a woman like u got beat up and killed by a muslim mob for burning a piece of paper and this is all u can say,
just shut up abeg

3 Likes

Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Did you know? A very influencial cleric supported their action, provided the woman was found guilty to have done it deliberately, according to the laws of quran. That apart, I just installed English Quran and daily hadith, why not download a KJV Bible, and read the new testament and the old testament later.

If you think the blame should on Islam because a cleric justified it then the Bilbe should also be blamed for all the crimes committed against the blacks :-P
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
Misogynist2014:

I have read the bible and it did not make any impression on me. In would be glad though if you could get me Odu Ifa in electronic form. That is what I am really interested in at the moment not the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
ebamma:
ok i get zombie,
i know in your heart, u think she deserves it cos she burnt your holy book,
u pathetic wench,
what happened at Aluu didn't have any religious undertones,

I don't have a conscience so I care less

What I care about is your failure to realize that looking like a human does not make you human.

The woman would have been dead for other stupid reasons. But it is so unfortunate that her death was caused by monsters using the religion to justify their horrendous acts. I am all for exterminating anyone who is recognisable from the pictures and video.
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Truckpusher(m): 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
Justfollowit:

I don't have a conscience so I care less

What I care about is your failure to realize that looking like a human does not make you human.

The woman would have been dead for other stupid reasons. But it is so unfortunate that her death was caused by monsters using the religion to justify their horrendous acts. I am all for exterminating anyone who is recognisable from the pictures and video.
What a horrible way to treat people.

I don't know what to say but these guys are hiding under the religion to commit this inhuman act and people won't accept what you're trying to portray here because this is not the first nor the second time - it has become a way of life and we all must condemn it squarely even if our religion is being fingered as a launching pad for such inhuman act.

As for me ,it is unacceptable to treat a fellow human this way just because of some books written by his fellow men.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
Truckpusher:
What a horrible way to treat people.

I don't know what to say but these guys are hiding under the religion to commit this inhuman act and people won't accept what you're trying to portray here because this is not the first nor the second time - it has become a way of life and we all must condemn it squarely even if our religion is being fingered as a launching pad for such inhuman act.

As for me ,it is unacceptable to treat a fellow human this way just because of some books written by his fellow men.

I still find it unbelievable why anyone would take another person life because of something so inconsequential. I used to get all tensed about but I guess I grw and realised that they are simply not human, understanding them is devoid of human logic.
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Misogynist2014(m): 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
Justfollowit:

If you think the blame should on Islam because a cleric justified it then the Bilbe should also be blamed for all the crimes committed against the blacks :-P

It is called fatwa. How did Bible cause crimes on 'blacks'? Bible started slavery? Or what exactly do you mean?
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 23, 2015
Misogynist2014:
It is called fatwa. How did Bible cause crimes on 'blacks'? Bible started slavery? Or what exactly do you mean?

Slavery was justified with the Bible

You still have a lot to learn

It is not obligatory to follow fatwas. It is usually just an opinion.
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Misogynist2014(m): 4:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
Justfollowit:

Slavery was justified with the Bible

You still have a lot to learn

It is not obligatory to follow fatwas. It is usually just an opinion.
Slaves in the Bible are to be treated well, in fact, the they have to be released after a period of time, I think seven years and will pay nothing when going. Also, slavery is as old as man and God allowed them to keep war slaves because the people did abominable things. The slavery in the Bible is not people binding people in chains, whip them and cover their mouths, in fact it is a sin to lock the mouth of a working animal, not to talk of human.

1 Like

Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Slaves in the Bible are to be treated well, in fact, the they have to be released after a period of time, I think seven years and will pay nothing when going. Also, slavery is as old as man and God allowed them to keep war slaves because the people did abominable things. The slavery in the Bible is not people binding people in chains, whip them and cover their mouths, in fact it is a sin to lock the mouth of a working animal, not to talk of human.

Well, that was not how they interpreted the Bible to justify slavery.

This a classic example of what my religion endure everyday

Shey you get now smiley
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Misogynist2014(m): 4:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
Justfollowit:

Well, that was not how they interpreted the Bible to justify slavery.

This a classic example of what my religion has to endure everyday

Shey you get now smiley
like I said, slavery is as old as man, it was a normal thing, even a lot of 'blacks' sold were sold to the Europeans by empires who had taken them as slaves. Slavery was worldwide, they needed nothing and there is no verse to back them up in Bible. Just like Hitler wanted to avenge the death of Jesus, they just find a situation, even without having a verse to back up Holocaust.
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
Misogynist2014:
like I said, slavery is as old as man, it was a normal thing, even a lot of 'blacks' sold were sold to the Europeans by empires who had taken them as slaves. Slavery was worldwide, they needed nothing and there is no verse to back them up in Bible. Just like Hitler wanted to avenge the death of Jesus, they just find a situation, even without having a verse to back up Holocaust.

Same with how Islamic extremists claim the Qur'an says, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was reported to have said....
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Do you want verses?

No

I know the verses you would quote

But it is unfortunate that they are quoted alone, out of context and with no knowledge of the situation that led to its revelation.

I feel sad for you

1 Like

Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by fctguy: 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ifeann:
Front page?? Lol...Seun is afraid of the muslims which is very logical...fatwa, death threats etc are all employed to keep kaffirs in check .

Na you deliver the death threats?
Saying what you cannot substantiate!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Message From Saudi Arabia / Suratul Iklas The True Virtue Of God - Against The Biblical God / Mcdonald's Settles Islamic Diet Lawsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.