Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran (2510 Views)

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. / Name Of Allah Appear On A Piece Of Meat / How Muhammad Was Violating The Quran With Impunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by maclatunji: 11:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
The abhorrent action is not based on Islam ;

Afghan protesters march to demand justice for woman
killed by mob

www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/23/afghan-protesters-demand-justice-for-woman-killed-by-mob-farkhunda

Afghans condemning it with protests and demanding justice.
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by usermane(m): 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
Justfollowit:
No I know the verses you would quote But it is unfortunate that they are quoted alone, out of context and with no knowledge of the situation that led to its revelation. I feel sad for you

Lady, you must see this;

Sunan Abi Dawud » Book of Prescribed Punishments (Kitab Al-Hudud)

Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas:

A blind man had a slave-mother who used to abuse the Prophet (ﷺ) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (ﷺ) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (ﷺ) was informed about it.

He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.

He sat before the Prophet (ﷺ) and said: Messenger of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.

Thereupon the Prophet said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by usermane(m): 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
^^^
In the late 80's, Salman Rushdie authored a Book; Satanic Verses. In it, he condemned Muhammad as mentally imbalanced false Prophet, presenting evidence from Hadith Books. The Chief cleric and Supreme leader of 'Islamic' republic of Iran, Ayatollah R. Khomeini ruled by fatwa that Salman should be killed by Muslims, where and whenever found. In Saudi Arabia 38 top Muslim clerics at the time, stipulated the same ruling as Khomeini. Not a single cleric in the Muslim world opposed this ruling. Even today, over a 2 decades later, with Rushdie is still alive thanks to police protection in Britain, NO TOP MUSLIM ORGANIZATION or CLERGY have overuled or disapproved the ruling for Rushdie 's assasination. Even after Khomeini 's death, his ruling still stands and Iran mainstream clerical class reaffirm it.

The Afghani Woman 's case is no different from Rushdie 's case. If Rushdie wasn't so fortunate, he would be long dead by now. I could give several examples of Muslims/non-Muslims that have either been killed or faces death threats from Muslim authorities for alleged apostasy or blasphemy. And you will still repeat, "dont blame Islam, how can you blame the religion for the crime of just a few adherents?" To this, i will reply;
"What is Islam, what are the sources of Islam?"

The fact is, the killing of this Afghani woman is condoned and justified under "an Islam" that is out there. We need to confront and expose this Islam for what it is and that is not possible if Muslims like you persist in denial.
Re: Woman Burnt To Ashes For Just Burning A Piece Of Quran by vedaxcool(m): 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
It is very disheartening and my prayers are those responsible are brought to justice. There is always a due process in law, no law in Islam condones mob justice, I read they have arrested 26 people responsible for her death.

edition.cnn.com/2015/03/23/asia/afghanistan-woman-killed/

But what is more disheartening is the alacrity anti-muslim fanatics rush to use the tragic death of a muslim woman to butress their delusions, where were they when Israel murdered 100s of women in gaza? Where were this pretenders who dubiously use the death of muslim woman as mere propaganda chants? Where were this pretenders when three muslims including 2 women were murdered in North Carolina? Where are the threads?A tragedy is bad enough as it is but worse when it becomes the mileage for heartless individuals to spew ignorant propaganda and pretend as if they care!

(1) (2) (Reply)

1000 Sunnah Per Day And Night / Regrets On The Day Of Judgement / A Muslims View On Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.