Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola (2433 Views)

Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano / The Murder Of The Fulani: #yugoslavia Unfolding. (by Ffk) / Buhari Should Tell Nigerians What He Forgot In Aso Rock - Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by StOla: 1:02am On Mar 23, 2015
In the early hours of 15th January 1966, soldiers led by Majors mostly of Igbo extraction led a mutiny that resulted in the murder of senior Northern and Western army officers and the Northern civilian Prime Minister in Lagos and Northern Premier in Kaduna.

The party of rebels also visited death on the Premier of the Western region, Samuel Akintola. The mutinous band from the West and Lagos then made their way to Enugu and suddenly lost their thirst for blood upon entry to their tribal enclave, choosing instead to hold discussions with the Eastern Premier - a fellow tribesman.

In the company of the mutinous band that visited Akintola was Remi Fani-Kayode, deputy Western Premier and father to the loquacious FFK.
He it was who called on Akintola to surrender to the soldiers. Akintola not having any trust for him or the soldiers, fired from inside the house injuring the leader of the mutinous band.
Akintola would eventually surrender and was summarily executed, but is on record as the only victim of that coup who fought back and even drew blood.

Remi Fani-Kayode was spared and later ran away to England with his family. His boss, Akintola, drew breath no more.

Femi Fani-Kayode, Nigerians need you to explain the role your father played in the successful murder of Akintola.

While at it, also explain the role you know Buhari played in the retaliatory coup of July 1966 or the progroms that followed. If you have no factual claims but only hope to whip up tribal sentiments, then GMB's disregard of your rantings is well deserved.

5 Likes

Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by jeffizy(m): 1:08am On Mar 23, 2015
This punchline can rob mayweather and Paquiao of breath at the same time. grin

Credible history here.

4 Likes

Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 1:19am On Mar 23, 2015
I know the remaining days will make sense now is the time to get stories about what has been hinding since 1914
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by Nobody: 1:20am On Mar 23, 2015
hmmm dis one pass me ooo, anyway GEJ till airforce1 drops his album(only god knows when)
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by StOla: 1:22am On Mar 23, 2015
FFK loves to ask vague questions about the past.
I think it's time we also start asking him factual and valid questions from the same past.

2 Likes

Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by Badgers14: 2:52am On Mar 23, 2015
Lemme just pinch my tent here..... this story go plenty. cheesy

@mods, could you pm me when you move this thread to FP. undecided

Sai GMB 2015 cool
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by Nobody: 3:16am On Mar 23, 2015
FFK,what u going to do,when shit hits d fan. Like father,like son. Useless bloodline.

1 Like

Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by firstolalekan(m): 4:32am On Mar 23, 2015
FFK the official morĂ´n of our time.

1 Like

Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:47am On Mar 23, 2015
Bombshell

1 Like

Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by KHAYGOLD(m): 6:51am On Mar 23, 2015
Its getting interesting.

1 Like

Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by Kenquil: 6:55am On Mar 23, 2015
Interesting...

Get your 1gb Etisalat data @ N1100. Call/SMS/whatsapp 09092684000 for details...
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by KINGSNEEZE(m): 7:02am On Mar 23, 2015
Apc can be foolish sha! Now where on earth will a sensible one question a son on his father's deeds, I guess dis indicates that they have run out of stupid propagandas, their next question will be! Why did ur father married ur mother . Apc as a party I know belongs in the past but what surprises me most is their young followers, d ones that is said to be the future of Nigeria, the way they reason, some times I use to wonder Weda their actually have sense of their own. They stupidly believes every trash that come out of their aged party leader. I understand their love for the party but do u have to make urself look stupid bcus u love something or someone? Allowing ur reasoning to decline is d height of deservice to urself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by sammyj: 7:09am On Mar 23, 2015
T
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by Bright4(m): 7:14am On Mar 23, 2015
To whoever ontop me,

A signboard outside a restaurant read"eat as much as you can, your grand children will pay the Bill"... A man entered the restaurant and ate as he could, got a toothpick and was relaxing when the waiter gave him the bill he laughed and pointed to the signboard, don't you see, "only my grandchildren will pay" the waiter replied, "This is not your bill, it's your grandfather's Bill"... ...

2 Likes

Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by POPdecorator: 9:40am On Mar 23, 2015
Ffk father is a morde.....
And his calling buhari a killer

sai buhari
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 23, 2015
Cramjones, where are you?
Is it true that mutiny runs in your blood? grin
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by holyfather(m): 7:47am On Sep 10, 2015
Bright4:
To whoever ontop me,

A signboard outside a restaurant read"eat as much as you can, your grand children will pay the Bill"... A man entered the restaurant and ate as he could, got a toothpick and was relaxing when the waiter gave him the bill he laughed and pointed to the signboard, don't you see, "only my grandchildren will pay" the waiter replied, "This is not your bill, it's your grandfather's Bill"... ...

my friend,you got me laughing my butts out here. grin grin
Nigerian political scenery seems a huge drama to me...just watching as new episopes emerge on hourly basis.
smh
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by laudate: 12:22am On Oct 05, 2015
StOla:
In the early hours of 15th January 1966, soldiers led by Majors mostly of Igbo extraction led a mutiny that resulted in the murder of senior Northern and Western army officers and the Northern civilian Prime Minister in Lagos and Northern Premier in Kaduna.

The party of rebels also visited death on the Premier of the Western region, Samuel Akintola. The mutinous band from the West and Lagos then made their way to Enugu and suddenly lost their thirst for blood upon entry to their tribal enclave, choosing instead to hold discussions with the Eastern Premier - a fellow tribesman.

In the company of the mutinous band that visited Akintola was Remi Fani-Kayode, deputy Western Premier and father to the loquacious FFK.
He it was who called on Akintola to surrender to the soldiers. Akintola not having any trust for him or the soldiers, fired from inside the house injuring the leader of the mutinous band.
Akintola would eventually surrender and was summarily executed, but is on record as the only victim of that coup who fought back and even drew blood.

Remi Fani-Kayode was spared and later ran away to England with his family. His boss, Akintola, drew breath no more.

Femi Fani-Kayode, Nigerians need you to explain the role your father played in the successful murder of Akintola.

While at it, also explain the role you know Buhari played in the retaliatory coup of July 1966 or the progroms that followed. If you have no factual claims but only hope to whip up tribal sentiments, then GMB's disregard of your rantings is well deserved.

Can you post a link to the source of this story? Thank you.
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by StOla: 12:31am On Oct 05, 2015
laudate:

Can you post a link to the source of this story? Thank you.

The Nigerian Civil War, John de St Jorre.
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by laudate: 9:28am On Oct 05, 2015
StOla:
The Nigerian Civil War, John de St Jorre.

The reason I ask is because of what transpired ages ago. Several years back when I was still quite young, the late Chief Remilekun Adetokunbo Fani-Kayode's wife was at a public function. I didn't know who she was, then. She was being congratulated by a few of her peers, on her lucky escape from an ailment. She replied that her preservation has always been in God's hands, and even went as far as recounting how God preserved her and her late husband on several occasions, including during the coup incident when he was held by soldiers at gun point on the night Akintola was killed. undecided

He had been abducted from his house at gun point and taken to Akintola's house. On getting there, the soldiers tried to get access into the late Premier's residence, but could not do so at the initial stage. Fani-Kayode was forced out, with a gun held to his head and told to call Akintola's name in order to lure him outside the house. sad

Fani-Kayode called out the Premier, but also warned him that the house was surrounded by rebels so he should be careful. Gunshots were exchanged. One of Akintola's bullets was reported to have hit the soldier holding a gun on Fani-Kayode. On seeing the soldier falling down, he took off his shoes and ran for his dear life. Luckily, he knew the terrain of the Premier's property, and found a place to escape, while the soldiers stormed the house looking for the Premier. undecided I will not go into the gory details, of what took place afterwards. The rest is history. cry
Re: FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 17, 2021
Still a traitor just like his father

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Official: APC Wins Lagos Island 1 Federal Constituency / Understanding Naira Depreciation For Dummies - Thewhistleng / OYEGUN EXPLODES: Tinubu Can't Be Generalissimo, As No More Room For Imposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.