Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano (52870 Views)

Zuma’s Resignation: Okorocha Reacts To Calls For Demolition Of Statute / “My Son Is Not Dead” - Governor Okorocha Reacts To Rumours Of Son’s Death / Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by ujoatu(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA’S REACTION TO THE REPORTED MURDER OF AN IMO WOMAN IN KANO

The governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has received with rude shock and indeed with utmost dismay the unfortunate report that a woman from the State, Mrs. Bridget Agbaheme was murdered in cold blood in Kano State over related religious issues and described the killing as the height of recklessness on the part of the perpetrators.

When he was informed about the disturbing incident, the governor took the necessary steps and even went beyond the media reports on the sad development to confirm the report and discovered that the woman in question was truly from Mbaitoli Local Government of the State.

At this stage, the governor has no option than to call on all relevant security agencies in Kano State to leave no stone unturned in carrying out thorough investigation into the killing of the woman, and also stop at nothing to bring those who carried out the murder to book and pay dearly for their wicked act.

The governor has also appealed to Imo indigenes in Kano State to remain calm to enable law enforcement agents do their job by carrying out the needed investigation into the matter and also take the necessary actions.

It is important to state here that no Citizen of the Country has any right to take the life of a fellow Citizen no matter the reason. That is why the security agencies would act and swiftly too on the incident to prove to all Nigerians that the life of any lawful Citizen of the Country is valuable and should not be taken by a fellow citizen under any guise

The governor has also commended the governor of Kano State for showing leadership by condemning the killing of the woman in Kano with dispatch.

He also commended the Police Command in Kano State for the actions they have already taken to that effect, and said criminals who indulge in criminal activities including murder under any pretence should be treated as such no matter where they come from.

Once again, the governor calls for calm on the part of Imo indigenes in Kano and elsewhere, while expressing optimism that security agencies would do their work towards apprehending the perpetrators to face justice.

Sam Onwuemeodo

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by lecturerdabo(m): 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
Okoroawusa, ur brothers have done it again!!!

250 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by zuchyblink(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
same political statement

17 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Mynd44: 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
She was not beheaded. Stop this madness

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Ebubeslym(m): 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
K
Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Ebubeslym(m): 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:
Beheaded, decapitated,hanged,mobed,lynched....
Mr Mynd44 she was murdered ooooooooooooooooo.
The method of committing the heinous crime can never take away the heavy weight that settled on the hearts of her loved ones.

Geez.

409 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Fedayeen02: 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
Okoroawusa came late to the party.

He should go and siddon with his sycophantic rants. Nigerians from all divide have put pressure on Kano government to bring the culprits to book. Before he released a press statement.

Ayo Fayose would have been the first to scream if it was an Ekiti man

124 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Prince081: 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
Okoroawusa, how many days did it take you to react?

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Fedayeen02: 4:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:
tell us what happen then

Mr know all.

So you are the one deleting all the post where behead was mentioned undecided

Jux negodu what politics is doing to you

268 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by OlujobaSamuel: 4:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
let's imagine that I'm the governor of a state with the same party as the president, this will be my short statement;
Good day all, with all sense of regrets, I console with the bereaved families and love ones in respect to the unfortunate incident in kano.
This is one crime too many by a religious group of a tribe in this part of the country with subtle support from the elites(governor, emirs and every other political office holders).
I can't guarantee the safety of such tribe/religious group in my part of the nation, except there is justice and not delayed justice in the case at hand, because it all seems as though they are sponsored by their leaders to commit this act.
I will also like to reconsider my stand within the same party with that of the president whom unfortunately share the same religious beliefs and tribe with these miscreants if nothing is seen to be done on the issue in respect to security and justice.
Thanks all.

.....thinking deeply, politics will never allow a governor of either the ruling party or opposition say this, because it's enough to alter their political career for life(good or bad), a governor of the same party with the president making such statement will make the party come together to seek the president audience and find a lasting solution to this.
I remember Nyako accusing Gej for the security woes in the north, even he was condemned for the statement, Gej administration sit up for that period. We are fed up of politically correct statement about criminal activities in this country, things must change by force or fire.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by iykopy: 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:

Do u have sometin different if she wasn't beheaded? if yes, prove beyond reasonable doubt.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by BAILMONEY: 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:
LOL angry

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Splinz(m): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
That poor woman death dey pain me!

16 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Likei(m): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
what are they still doing in kano, don't they know "something big is about to happen"

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by dotG(m): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:
SHE WAS GIVEN FREE MEAL?

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by uniqueren(f): 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
dotG:
SHE WAS GIVEN FREE MEAL?
No they asked her to play dead
And
She concur

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by skelewu404(m): 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
let's imagine that I'm the governor of a state with the same party as the president, this will be my short statement;
Good day all, with all sense of regrets, I console with the bereaved families and love ones in respect to the unfortunate incident in kano.
This is one crime too many by a religious group of a tribe in this part of the country with subtle support from the elites(governor, emirs and every other political office holders).
I can't guarantee the safety of such tribe/religious group in my part of the nation, except there is justice and not delayed justice in the case at hand, because it all seems as though they are sponsored by their leaders to commit this act.
I will also like to reconsider my stand within the same party with that of the president whom unfortunately share the same religious beliefs and tribe with these miscreants if nothing is seen to be done on the issue in respect to security and justice.
Thanks all.

.....thinking deeply, politics will never allow a governor of either the ruling party or opposition say this, because it's enough to alter their political career for life(good or bad), a governor of the same party with the president making such statement will make the party come together to seek the president audience and find a lasting solution to this.
I remember Nyako accusing Gej for the security woes in the north, even he was condemned for the statement, Gej administration sit up for that period. We are fed up of politically correct statement about criminal activities in this country, things must change by force or fire.
that is y u can never get to such position u clearly lack the wisdom to function in such capacity

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Prince081: 5:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:

She wasn't beheaded but her head was removed. Please pass that denial stage. Remember their was a country.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:
Then she was crucified

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by mancheeutd(m): 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:

No she wasn't beheaded she's only pretending to be beheaded

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by cindybella101(f): 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by wordcat(m): 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:

Oh, she was romanced to dead abi?

Still wondering what Luggard was thinking when he merged South(Humans) and North(Animals) together

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by GasAndOilTheory(m): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
[quote author=wordcat post=46275585]

Oh, she was romanced to dead abi?

Still wondering what Luggard was thinking when he merged South(Humans) and North(Animals) together[/quote ]

ROMANCED TO DEATH ?
Whenever am having a bad day i always try to cheer myslef up with comments on this site.

21 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Tonydeeb(m): 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
[quote author=GasAndOilTheory post=46275682][/quote]
Well, a post as sad as this, shouldn't be used for such.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by inkon: 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:
How did they do it, mod?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Masonic(m): 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
Luggard may you never know peace even in death!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by Masonic(m): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
Thanks all.

In saner climes, that is how their leaders will react to incidences like this. But nigeria has no value for human life.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by richidinho(m): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mynd44:

Whu asked you?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano by OlujobaSamuel: 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
skelewu404:
that is y u can never get to such position u clearly lack the wisdom to function in such capacity
lol, are you serious?
you may be right, I may be wrong, but till then, you never can tell.
a president of this nation once said how much a person stole to be imprisoned, another also called some miscreants non citizens because they belong to his tribe, if that is wisdom in leading to you, I beg to differ.
shalom. I have allegiance to my citizens and not the party or the president, I protect the interest of only those under my jurisdiction in any post I find myself.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Katsina Protesters Burn Buhari's Billboard Over Insecurity (Photos, Video) / Epic Photo OF Buhari Deep In Thoughts; Looking Out Through His Office Window / MC Oluomo's Son, King West, Threatens People Who Post Negative Things About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.