Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! (6334 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by sashacoleman: 1:11am On Apr 29, 2015
Hi,
U don't need a travel buddy, go to airbnb and get a place. The first time I travelled to NYC, I used airbnb and it was a nice experience. Very nice apartment and was so safe and close to timesquare. And I'm a lady, don't get confused by the name smiley
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
lol@..Coleman. .Thanks for the clarification I actually thought it's a man talking. .Thanks. . I just feel like I'll be bored staying in an hotel alone..The thought of boredom for 10 days is scary.
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Originalsly: 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
Many places to stay....economical?...different story. Best for you is to be someone's guest....no relatives?...friends?...friend of a friend?....then try Couchsurfing.com ...where total strangers may host you. No luck?....rent a room....more economical than any hotel or hostel...but shared baths and some cases....cooking allowed. More options....I 2 lazy 2type! As a visitor...you would be out all day and most of the nite if you go in July...you basically would just need a place to sleep and shower and store your stuff....above all....NYC is not money friendly. I really tired now!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 9:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
thanks@sly
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 12:00pm On May 02, 2015
Where is sly@
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Originalsly: 12:51pm On May 02, 2015
Resting...still tired!
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 5:47pm On May 04, 2015
Where's clarina. .
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 4:15pm On May 26, 2015
k
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 1:08pm On May 27, 2015
m
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 3:55am On May 29, 2015
d
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Lexusgs430: 5:44am On May 29, 2015
I could consider a trip, but might be flying down from Singapore.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 1:49pm On May 30, 2015
When?
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 2:22pm On May 31, 2015
h
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
when
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
kk
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
b
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
Where clarina been trying to reach you on bb , have sent you mails and no response from you
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by fajigirl(f): 8:17am On Jun 13, 2015
anaifey:
Where clarina been trying to reach you on bb , have sent you mails and no response from you

Hey did you sort this out? I am thinking of going to New York around the 4th of July celebration. I could be your travel buddy i think it would a unique first time experience grin wink cheesy
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 1:08am On Jun 14, 2015
awww!@fajibabe. .thanks for comment!..unfortunately not going around that time , change of plans now going in September!
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by tpiadotcom: 1:18am On Jun 14, 2015
when its chilly?
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by fajigirl(f): 9:30am On Jun 14, 2015
anaifey:
awww!@fajibabe. .thanks for comment!..unfortunately not going around that time , change of plans now going in September!

No probs. Enjoy New York although based on my last trip there, i think the city is overrated grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
thanks
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by annabee(f): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
Travelling 2nd week in July.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Huane: 11:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
Its been decades since i was last in NY. Finally i will be going this summer as well. I have my guest status at family's house there. I hope prices there do not finish me to the grave before my grey hairs get a chance to multiply. I am a village boy at heart, but i will try to enjoy NewYork for 2 months this summer. Lets post here pictures of the place when we arrive? I will make one day trip to Manhattan to photo the new world trade centre. grin
Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by anaifey(f): 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
definitely @huane. well it il be my first time there and yes prices are high from reservations made so far.will keep in touch

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! by Huane: 4:44am On Jul 06, 2015
anaifey:
definitely @huane. well it il be my first time there and yes prices are high from reservations made so far.will keep in touch
Ah Dis NewYork dey sweet Oooo. I have been before but never see dis side of it before. Maybe na me change inside or the city change? Both. ?
Not so much like a big city in the Queens area where there is a big Nigerian community also where i saw one C & C church with their white robes and all, also other types of churches, random Nigerians walking streets speaking their Nigerian languages.
Next i must go and mingle and find where to chop authentic Naija cuisine.. Or maybe just wait until i travel to Nigeria in a few months time.
grin
Prices of food in basic places are not so high compared to average around the country when i shopped at places that have stores in every state of the country. Walmart prices are the same in every city of USA including NewYork. Maybe a few isolated states like Alaska and Hawaii see small increase in Walmart prices. I went to wash clothes at a laundry facility in NewYork here and the price is not so high there.
Just things like rent and home buying and parking and such. Space is not so easy to find in these dense areas, so payments are high to get in.

Some pictures from my landing at JFK Airport and places i visited very near there in and around Queens area. An Underground/Subway train station, and a beach we went to enjoy for Sunday afternoon.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ Geoffrey Onyeama: FG Co-Ordinating To Take Nigerians Out Of Ukraine / Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.