Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management (3640 Views)

Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. / My Brother's WAEC Result, Can He Study Medicine With This? / Which Would You Advice Me To Study Economics Or Political Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by regbaby(f): 8:29am On Mar 24, 2015
My younger brother just wrote jamb and scored 262. He applied for economics at nnamdi azikiwe university, awka. Yesterday he told me that he would like to change to estate management.
He is confused too.
Dear nairalanders, which of the courses is more lucrative or would u advise him to choose
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by deeplow: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2015
Economics, anywhere, is a tough course. If he is trying to drop it because of that, let him drop it. It is better to graduate with a good grade in a shitty course, than graduate with a shitty grade in a good course.On the larger scale, Economics is a better appreciated course. Higher job opportunities after school.

If he were my brother, I'd encourage him to take eco, if I am sure he is brilliant enough. Bottom line is, he should do what he wants to do, you won't go to school with him.
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by regbaby(f): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2015
Thanks dear. More comments will be appreciated
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by Hardheolar(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
Economics is vast and dynamic. You can't compare it with estate management. There are lot of job opportunities out there for economics graduate. You can google it out. Economics can work in different wild unimaginable field.
The best thing to do is sit him down and ask him the reasons for choosing economics at first and why he wants to change to estate management. Compare and contrast both. Guide him now before he takes a wrong step.

My 2 kobo.
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
What's his reason(s) for wanting to change?
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by regbaby(f): 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
Thanks everyone for d kind advice. Hos reason for wanting to change is course is because he heard d cutoff for economics is high and won't want to take chances
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by Hardheolar(m): 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
regbaby:
Thanks everyone for d kind advice. Hos reason for wanting to change is course is because he heard d cutoff for economics is high and won't want to take chances
it depends on the school he choose nd dere mode of admission. Find out that first and schools carrying capacity in order to know his chances.

BTW. 262 nd over average in putme should fetch him Economics. It now depends on the competitiveness
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by Bwaal(m): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2015
FrancisTony:
What's his reason(s) for wanting to change?
cuz the little boi needs change
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by regbaby(f): 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
Bwaal:
cuz the little boi needs change

Lol. Abeg no be that kain change grin
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by regbaby(f): 6:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hardheolar:
it depends on the school he choose nd dere mode of admission. Find out that first and schools carrying capacity in order to know his chances.

BTW. 262 nd over average in putme should fetch him Economics. It now depends on the competitiveness

He chose unizik. The cuttoff for last year's admission for economics was 252
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by Hardheolar(m): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
regbaby:

He chose unizik. The cuttoff for last year's admission for economics was 252
For JAMB alone or both?
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by regbaby(f): 5:44am On Mar 26, 2015
Hardheolar:
For JAMB alone or both?

For jamb alone. They have not written the Postume exam. He wrote jamb last week
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by Hardheolar(m): 6:28am On Mar 26, 2015
regbaby:

I doubt that. Cus it's not even up to that at ilorin and oau it's not up to 240
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by Hardheolar(m): 6:36am On Mar 26, 2015
regbaby:

That is for the aggregate and not JAMB alone.
Re: Should He Study Economics Or Estate Management by Raymondluv(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2015
regbaby:
My younger brother just wrote jamb and scored 262. He applied for economics at nnamdi azikiwe university, awka. Yesterday he told me that he would like to change to estate management.
He is confused too.
Dear nairalanders, which of the courses is more lucrative or would u advise him to choose

have ur broda written is post utme

(1) (Reply)

Oau 2017 Cutoff Mark For Faculty Of Law, Pharmacy And Science / Transformation Of Federal Government Girls' College,efon Alaaye.(photos) / Passing OAU Post Utme: A Guide For Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.