Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. (44181 Views)

Wife Sends Husband To Prison For Marrying A Second Wife (Photos) / Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 26, 2015
Bravo u came to know if ur offsprings would b short out of selfishness, u can date a short man n claim to love him n yet u re thinking of the height of ur offsprings, girl stop deceiving urself get real

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by donhils: 10:19am On Mar 26, 2015
nagoma:

Sorry sir height is a phenotypic trait that does not follow the Mendelian inheritance pattern , so dominant and recessive genes do not strictly apply in this case.
Do not say what you don't know. The physical manifestation of height is phenotype but before then there are genes that caused the things you see in the physical and these genes are genotypes which means that the issue of dominant and recessive genes comes to play.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 26, 2015
RedBenson:

That was harsh on someone else. Why?
it has been sorted out.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Brite02(m): 10:28am On Mar 26, 2015
MoonCares:
Please I need advice from matured people.

There's this guy that am dating, he's so caring, lovely and humble. He is planning to marry me but he is short, though I have not gathered the courage to tell him my fears. Am average 5ft, but am taller than him. So am afraid that our kids will be short.

Please my fellow NL, I need your advice, I don't want to make mistakes in marriage. Though I have been praying to God for the right man.

Believe me sister. For 5ft you are, you are short also. Have seen couples who got married and their short, but their children in height is close to 5ft 7/8. Am also a living witness. I know your fears, what you should be considering is if you are happy in your present relatuonship with him or if you ditch him and go for tall/taller guys are they going to be loyal, are they going to accept you and your height, etc

*** think about your happiness****
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by nagoma(m): 10:41am On Mar 26, 2015
donhils:

Do not say what you don't know. The physical manifestation of height is phenotype but before then there are genes that caused the things you see in the physical and these genes are genotypes which means that the issue of dominant and recessive genes comes to play.

I advise you to read more widely.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by emmaback(f): 11:41am On Mar 26, 2015
Oh dear! My cousin broke up with her bf, cause he was short( Now she regrets so much. He got married to another girl (also taller than he) and they are happy. My cousin couldn`t find someone better than him((( Don`t repeat her mistakes!

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Kanocity(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
This is simple Biology my dear. Read briefly about Heridity and Genetics, dy take care of your fear. They explain how parent pass on some of their attiributes to their offsring. Remember, u ar one of d ''parent'' so, u too, will sth to ur kids. So, if half of ur kids resemle u and half resemble ur husband, is till that bad? And they can even resemble both of ur parents and grandparents!! So, have no much concern about the physical features of ur future kids.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
Thanks everyone, went to NiMC office today, begged them to recheck my height, just to be sure of what I posted, because the way some people are sounding, they think am so short, I know am average but just taller than the guy. I was checked and is 1.62
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Ishilove: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
MoonCares:
Thanks everyone, went to NiMC office today, begged them to recheck my height, just to be sure of what I posted, because the way some people are sounding, they think am so short, I know am average but just taller than the guy. I was checked and is 1.62
5'5. That's my height, which is average.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Alfranco(m): 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
nagoma:

Reference please?

You could please google out the "quote" but it's also on www.livelifehappy.com and google facts twitter handle.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
MoonCares:
1.62 meters is average, you aren't short.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by donhils: 10:18pm On Mar 26, 2015
nagoma:

I advise you to read more widely.
You do that too.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by kaboninc(m): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2015
Height is important to consider but should not be a priority.

Personally, I'll prefer someone who's taller than moi!

I don't hate short or 'small' but that's my preference.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
kaboninc:
Height is important to consider but should not be a priority.

Personally, I'll prefer someone who's taller than moi!

I don't hate short or 'small' but that's my preference.
you prefer a taller woman? Hmmm, one in a thousand.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by kaboninc(m): 8:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
firstEVA:
you prefer a taller woman? Hmmm, one in a thousand.

Not very tall but taller than me.

You?
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
kaboninc:

Not very tall but taller than me.

You?
well, I am tall, I wouldn't mind to be few inches taller, then same height is ok, I don't like too tall.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by kaboninc(m): 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2015
firstEVA:
well, I am tall, I wouldn't mind to be few inches taller, then same height is ok, I don't like too tall.

You'd love to be taller?

Another one in a million.

So you can't date someone who's shorter (not short) than you?

Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
kaboninc:

You'd love to be taller?

Another one in a million.

So you can't date someone who's shorter (not short) than you?

Different strokes for different folks.
I guess you meant "can", and yes why not?
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by juman(m): 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
They say short guys are better husbands, treat the wives better.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by kaboninc(m): 6:24am On Mar 28, 2015
firstEVA:
I guess you meant "can", and yes why not?

I actually meant 'can't'

That's very good.

Morning
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 08, 2015
sisisioge:
Sweetie, I'm in between 5.6'' and 5.7''..
. any guy shorter than that for me is a nono cos of my future generation. Think about it, do not deliberately start a vertically challenged generation given that you're so petite already.

Written above is about sensibility. The heart is not sensible at all, follow it if the feeling is mutual. After all, the short guys too need to complement their height too in spousal selection. It's a race...run it.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Mbkite(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2015
firstEVA:
i'm done.
women hating themselves since d time of Naomi... @Dyt and FirstEva
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 08, 2015
Mbkite:

women hating themselves since d time of Naomi...
@Dyt and FirstEva
where did you dig this thread out from?
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Mbkite(m): 4:38pm On May 08, 2015
firstEVA:
where did you dig this thread out from?
bottomless pit
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 08, 2015
Mbkite:

bottomless pit
keep digging, when you find gold let me know.
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Mbkite(m): 6:05pm On May 08, 2015
firstEVA:
keep digging, when you find gold let me know.

i dey earth magma
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by noblegrex: 1:48am On Aug 01, 2015
A tall guy that she admires a lot n mayb richer is already talking to her,that's y she's giving it a second thought.no doubt that's women's way. Who tell u say if u leave am hin no go marry taller n better lady. Bt all thesame every one has his or her taste at some point bt as it is now, it doesn't matter cos u should have thought of that B4 aaying yes to him in d first place. Abi na person woo u for am,say u no c d guy say him short d time wey him come meet u n probly after several flogging..if u stay better,if u leave am, goodluck, na OYO u dey
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by solodox(m): 6:53am On Aug 15, 2015
MoonCares:

You are free to be disappointed, suits you!! did you marry everyone that you have dated? some dated tall guy and ended up marrying short or average guy and verse visa.. I have my reasons..

to set the record straigth, you can stop acting now.

if you were actually posting a real life scenario, then what would you advice him to do about you if the roles were reversed?
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by fuckerholic(m): 9:29am On Aug 15, 2015
Dyt:
So its all abt height now?
U didn't see him short when u guys started?
Nothing person no go see/read for this NL life

Can u imagine ur utterance/writing?
I am disappointed
angry
Hmm Dyt,you make a lot of sense here ooh..na wa oo so you are this humane ?..anyway I love you
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by fuckerholic(m): 9:34am On Aug 15, 2015
johnny1980:
Can you imagine?

So if your rightful husband is shorter by a mere inches, you wouldn't marry him?

Does height play any role in who turns out to be a good or bad person?
Na crase dey worry women,I dnt know what issue they have with height..ok ask her,is it the height that will make their chilfren to become somebody in the society tommorow..say president or gov etc ? Nonsense
Re: Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. by Dyt(f): 10:36am On Aug 15, 2015
fuckerholic:

Hmm Dyt,you make a lot of sense here ooh..na wa oo so you are this humane ?..anyway I love you

Lmao
You must think I am terrible
grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / Girl born with an Arabic inscription in Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.