Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? (1367 Views)

Ahmad Salkida, Journalist Wanted By Army, Who Knows Boko Haram Inside Out / Shocking Photos From The Recaptured Town Of Damasak, Borno State / Two Chadian Army Helicopters Bomb Boko Haram Locations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by chronique(m): 12:21am On Mar 25, 2015
The funny thing about lies is that when you tell one,you'd need to tell more to cover it up. This is the same Damasak that the Chaidian and Nigerien army said they captured from boko haram and patroled the town around in the company of foreign journalists. In that report,the reporter claimed that the entire town had been deserted,leaving only 50 old women who were too weak and feeble to walk. The report claimed that the Chadian army were appealing to their Nigerian counterparts to come take hold of the town. They said they were waiting for Nigerian troops to come in before they disembark from the town. This was just 3 days ago. Today,reuters reports that over 400 women and children were kidnapped in that same town. My questions are: how were they able to do that since the Chadian army were in control of the town? How did the 50 feeble old women left in the town,automatically multiply to become over 400 women and children? Who is telling a lie here? Reuters or the Chadian and Nigerien army? Or could it be a combination of the 3 parties?

As usual,most of my daft and m0ronic countrymen and women wouldn't ask pertinent questions before they start hurling insults and pouring invectives against the nation's president and the army hierarchy. There's a high level of foreign conspiracy in this boko haram saga;it's more than we know. I personally think this boko haram issue has a lot of foreign involvement in it,than local.
While you guys are blaming and cursing Jonathan,foreigners are busy destroying your country. By the time you all realise what's going on,it would be too late.

Note: reuters claimed to have been part of the journalists that were conducted round the town 3 days ago.

Cc: lalasticlala,ngwakwe,OAM4J,ishilove,tit,barcanista,tarhaqa,firefire,anonimi,babyosisi,tomakint,phockphockman,biafraqueen

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by freshness2020: 12:22am On Mar 25, 2015
How did the 50 feeble old women left in the
town,automatically multiply to become over
400 women and children? Who is telling a lie
here?
...APC and mathematical magic.
Quote me at your own peril.

7 Likes

Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by castrokins(m): 12:24am On Mar 25, 2015
I'd Sit Tight Here In The Hope That A Honest Answer Drops In.
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 25, 2015
castrokins:
Make I join you.
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by chronique(m): 7:13am On Mar 25, 2015
Lol. Space booking with style;I see ya!
castrokins:
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by tuborme: 7:40am On Mar 25, 2015
I watched the said liberation video.... I have been trying to subtract 400 from 50.

4 Likes

Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by Ymodulus: 7:45am On Mar 25, 2015
tuborme:
I watched the said liberation video.... I have been trying to subtract 400 from 50.

-350 is the answer.

This goes to say the news as regards the adoptionof 400people might be Metaphorical having a denotative meaning rRather than a literal one.

Never mind my sarcasm, but this must be the work of one of the PDP election strategist, so tomorrow the Defence head Quarter would then announce through its spokesperson that it has recaptured over 400 adoptees and wipe away the insurgents in the city if Damasak. Nice try.

PDP try again.
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by dewstar: 7:56am On Mar 25, 2015
Indeed the masses are god, but they are the dumbest god there is.
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by chronique(m): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2015
This doesn't make any sense at all. The kidnap of over 200 chibok girls who haven't been rescued up till now,has been a major source of embarrassment to the govt and military. Even if they want to play politics with anything,abduction of women and children would defintely be a no go area for them,considering the fact that election holds in a few days time.
Ymodulus:

-350 is the answer.

This goes to say the news as regards the adoptionof 400people might be Metaphorical having a denotative meaning rRather than a literal one.

Never mind my sarcasm, but this must be the work of one of the PDP election strategist, so tomorrow the Defence head Quarter would then announce through its spokesperson that it has recaptured over 400 adoptees and wipe away the insurgents in the city if Damasak. Nice try.

PDP try again.

2 Likes

Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by chronique(m): 8:12am On Mar 25, 2015
I concur. And they'd always remain as the masses because they lack intellect and wisdom. [quote author=dewstar post=31977130][/quote]
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by otukpo(f): 8:14am On Mar 25, 2015
Chadians can lie.

Who are they working fot?

2 Likes

Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by Djicemob: 8:17am On Mar 25, 2015
tuborme:
This got me laughing

To think how some dumb apc fans downloaded the news hook line and sinker and started blaming the president amazed me.

2 Likes

Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by dewstar: 8:22am On Mar 25, 2015
chronique:
I concur. And they'd always remain as the masses because they lack intellect and wisdom.

You can fool em with just about anything.
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by Ymodulus: 8:23am On Mar 25, 2015
chronique:
This doesn't make any sense at all. The kidnap of over 200 chibok girls who haven't been rescued up till now,has been a major source of embarrassment to the govt and military. Even if they want to play politics with anything,abduction of women and children would defintely be a no go area for them,considering the fact that election holds in a few days time.
Never underestimate Men in their desperation / quest for power.
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by chronique(m): 8:36am On Mar 25, 2015
Apart from corruption,another problem facing Nigeria and that needs to be dealt with with the same vigour that corruption should be dealt with,is stupidity. This is a problem that can be found predominantly amongst the youths who represent the future of the nation.

While I appreciate the fact that everyone needs to support a political party one is convinced about,I also demand that people back up their support with facts. Last week,I spoke with an APC supporter who claimed GEJ borrowed 200 billion dollars and ate it. I tried as much as possible to explain to him that He was wrong and peddling lies about but he stood his grounds and said he was very sure of what he said. At that point,I realised how bad lies had been spread about the govt. And this is how such lies would be spread round until it starts sounding like the truth to the ignorant folks. Which financial institution will borrow you money that is almost 10 times your foreign reserves?
Djicemob:
This got me laughing

To think how some dumb apc fans downloaded the news hook line and sinker and started blaming the president amazed me.

7 Likes

Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by castrokins(m): 8:56am On Mar 25, 2015
chronique:
Lol. Space booking with style;I see ya!

Lol. I Don't Book For The Fun Of It Bro. BTW, What Do They Get From Nairaland FTC? Noticed I've Been Tracking Threads And Been First To Comment On Few. Send Me Seun's Number, May Have To Call Him Should My Cheques Be Waiting
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by Djicemob: 9:25am On Mar 25, 2015
chronique:
Apart from corruption,another problem facing Nigeria and that needs to be dealt with with the same vigour that corruption should be dealt with,is stupidity. This is a problem that can be found predominantly amongst the youths who represent the future of the nation.

While I appreciate the fact that everyone needs to support a political party one is convinced about,I also demand that people back up their support with facts. Last week,I spoke with an APC supporter who claimed GEJ borrowed 200 billion dollars and ate it. I tried as much as possible to explain to him that He was wrong and peddling lies about but he stood his grounds and said he was very sure of what he said. At that point,I realised how bad lies had been spread about the govt. And this is how such lies would be spread round until it starts sounding like the truth to the ignorant folks. Which financial institution will borrow you money that is almost 10 times your foreign reserves?
Its quite pathetic.
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by Sibrah: 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
Error
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by Sibrah: 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
It could have been the handiwork of APC or PDP internally, but one thing is clear here the foreign media is culpable.
Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by chronique(m): 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
The sad fact about this boko haram war,is that in several years to come,the truth will never be known. The foreign media will tell their part,the Nigerian media would have their own version,the military would have its own version,our neighbours would have their own version,the politicians would have their own version,the people at the centre of the fight who have suffered so much would have theirs,and the court of public opinion would have theirs. The absolute truth about boko haram,would never be known.
Sibrah:
It could have been the handiwork of APC or PDP internally, but one thing is clear here the foreign media is culpable.

1 Like

Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by Dospix(m): 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
This was tweeted by a Nigerian Journalist who has very sound knowledge of the Bokoharam insurgency in the North East.

Re: Reuters,Chadian Army;Who Lied About The Town Of Damasak And The 400 Abducted...? by Dospix(m): 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
It is just soo sad that Nigerians mostly rely on these western liars and their ilks for the happening in the North East. If our local media do not do something fast about this negative campaign by the western media against us we might keep receiving this sort of negativity for a long while.

(1) (Reply)

What I Went Through As An Igbo Who Support GMD / The North Acted Out A Religious,ethnic Script By Voting Out Jonathan - Yakassai / Help! She Broke-up With Me Last Six Months, Now She Wants Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.