Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,963 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion (57547 Views)

Photos From The Construction Of Asaba Mall (shoprite) From Inception To Completi / From Foundation To Completion, Pictures Of What We Built For A UK Based Client / Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2017
Kitchen cabinets in lemon green laminate.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2017
Why you should insist on laminated plywood aka "Hdf for your kitchen carcass.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2017
In terms of value for money, cost effectiveness, minimal maintenance, durability etc etc. laminated plywood which is popularly called "Hdf" is the best material for your kitchen carcasses.
We will look at the advantages and disadvantages as well.

1 Like

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:37pm On Feb 09, 2017
Laminated Plywood is an engineered wood product, made by pressing and binding sheets of wood veneer together into one solid piece. Like MDF, plywood comes not only in different thicknesses but also in different grades, so you can choose the right one for your project. Lower grades are used in construction of houses. The higher grades of plywood (stain grade, cabinet grade, etc.) are much prettier and smoother. Unlike MDF, they have consistent wood grain showing and generally lack knot holes and other major imperfections.

1 Like

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
Advantages of Hdf

Made from multiple layers of wood veneer, laminated plywood is a very strong material to work with.
It won’t soak up water and liquids as quickly or easily as MDF does so it’s less susceptible to water damage.
Because it carries a grain, plywood is stainable. Which makes it perfect for kitchen cabinets, table tops and other projects where you want a large stained wood surface.
It holds screws very tightly since the varying grains of wood on each layer give the screws something to hold onto.

1 Like

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Disadvantages of Hdf

Laminated Plywood is more expensive than MDF and of course, the higher the grade and depending on the species of wood, it can increase in price.
Because of the layers that show on the edge, plywood needs finishing with edge banding, pieces of timber or decorative mouldings.
It’s harder to get a perfectly smooth cut with plywood than it is with MDF.

1 Like

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 7:47am On Jul 05, 2017
installation of kitchen cabinet in red acrylic laminate.
The 3D design approved by the client.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 7:50am On Jul 05, 2017
Installation of hdf carcass followed immediately we got to the site.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:04am On Jul 05, 2017
In no time, the doors were installed as well.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:24am On Jul 05, 2017
Accessories and appliances were also installed.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2017
Final installation picture.
Kitchen cabinet in red Acrylic laminate.

2 Likes

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by oscarmedia(m): 9:18am On Jul 09, 2017
Can someone get in touch with me on 08156653202. i'm interested in an installation from you guys

1 Like

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 5:41am On Jul 10, 2017
oscarmedia:
Can someone get in touch with me on 08156653202. i'm interested in an installation from you guys

You will be contacted today sir. Thanks
Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2017
Presentation design for Kitchen cabinet in red Acrylic laminate.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2017
Installation of cabinet carcass and doors done in the factory before being taken to site for final installation.
This is done to check and correct any error that might arise from production.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2017
Final installation pictures.
Kitchen in red Acrylic laminate.
www.touchstone.com.ng

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by nwaorlu: 12:27am On Aug 17, 2017
I have been following you guys on nairaland. The total package (Kitchen installation) is unbeatable. I would have prefer solid wood but plywood is fine by me. I would be having a project in about 2-3 months. Do you have any cabinet in a more natural wood looking color? Is it possible to have 40 - 42 inch upper cabinet? How do you break down the price? I guess, I have to buy the appliances before hand. If it is a vented hood, do you cut the holes needed?
I would be looking forward to your reply
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
nwaorlu:
I have been following you guys on nairaland. The total package (Kitchen installation) is unbeatable. I would have prefer solid wood but plywood is fine by me. I would be having a project in about 2-3 months. Do you have any cabinet in a more natural wood looking color? Is it possible to have 40 - 42 inch upper cabinet? How do you break down the price? I guess, I have to buy the appliances before hand. If it is a vented hood, do you cut the holes needed?
I would be looking forward to your reply
Thanks

Thanks for taking your time to interact with us sir. Really appreciate it.
There are laminate textures in Matt that have wood like look and feel.
It is possible to have high wall units as long as you have a high headroom.
We quote for the cabinets according to the units.
We sell appliances as well. Kitchencraft products as well as accessories.
You can buy yours as well according to the specification.
Regards
Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
Installation of kitchen cabinet in red gloss laminate.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
Final installation pictures

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
Before meets after.
www.touchstone.com.ng

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by FADEO: 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
Nice job.... will sure patronize you before the end of the year.

1 Like

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
Kitchen cabinet in woodline Gothic laminate.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Wall unit and granite installation.

1 Like

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
Final installation picture.

Check our website www.touchstone.com.ng for more of our past collections.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
Coming up next.
Kitchen cabinets in Red Acrylic laminate.
We have installed 5 Red kitchens this year. Seems Red is trending.
Installation pictures coming up soon.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2017
Cabinet carcass installation.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 9:45am On Oct 18, 2017
Kitchen cabinets Installation completed.

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 9:54am On Oct 18, 2017
Coming up next...
Kitchen cabinets in burgundy laminate.
Materials: hdf carcass and burgundy Acrylic laminate.
Appliances: oven, microwave, extractor hood, cooker hub, dish washer
Accessories: Plate rack, cutlery rack

1 Like

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
Kitchen carcass installation

Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by ubox: 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
TouchstoneNgr:
Kitchen cabinets in lemon green laminate.
How much did this cost?
Re: Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion by TouchstoneNgr: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
ubox:

How much did this cost?

700,000 aside Appliances and accessories

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS / This House Takes 6 Hours To Build And Costs Just $33K / Somebody's Living Room Flooded In Lekki After The Rain (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.