Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,099 members, 7,957,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:11 AM

Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality (19330 Views)

"I'm Not Leaving APC" Tinubu Assures Nigerians / Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight / Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by simdam500(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2015

THE presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Maj.-General Muhammadu Buhari, has assured Nigerians of his neutrality on religious issues. He urged the electorate not to be bothered by the propaganda tagging him an Islamic extremist.

In a grand finale south-east rally speech at the Imo International Conference Centre (IICC), Owerri, Imo State capital on Monday, Buhari, accompanied by the governors of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, Rivers, Chibuike Amaechi, Lagos, Babatunde Fashola, APC chieftain, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, former governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chris Ngige, and other party chiefs, noted that in past elections as a presidential candidate, he picked Christians as his running mate, wondering the reasons for the hate campaigns against him.

According to him, he was worried why in the last 16 years, the nation’s economy has experienced a great downturn orchestrated by the “high level of corruption, insecurity and decay in infrastructure among others,” adding that he would address this if elected into office.

His words: “The case of religion as a vote against me cannot hold. Now you have to cough out N230 to get a dollar. In the past 16 years the price of crude oil has dropped from $140 to $50 per barrel. The economy is in doldrums. Everything has failed – security, economy. We are really in crisis in this country.”

Earlier, Rochas Okorocha, had stated the relevance of the people of the south-east in the nation’s politics, stressing that their desire was to ensure that Igbo are not made to go through a total of 28 years before the presidency could get to the zone.

Okorocha decried the alleged sealing off of the premises of Imo Council of Traditional Rulers by security operatives, accusing the Presidency of this action.

He also decried the posting of state commissioners of police from their present posts to other states except the police boss in Imo.

Onu, in his contribution lamented the allegations of Islamic extremism against Buhari. He said the APC presidential candidate is a man of honour, having served Nigeria in various capacity, including being head of state.

source

Cc: lalasticlala

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by siraj1402(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nice one, we trust you baba.
Meanwhile!

NO Pastor, Imam, Babalawo, Oba, Obi, Emir, Obong, Chief, Militant etc can tell me who to vote for, NEVER!....

I bear the brunt of unemployment, not the Pastor....

I suffer epileptic power supply, not the Imams.....

When my landlord increases house rent, the Oba will not send me money to augment it.....
When medical bills needs to be paid, I won't see the Obi....

When armed robbers show up in my neighborhood, the Emir won't be there to rescue me...

When time comes to pay exorbitant private school fees for my children because public schools that produced the likes of Soyinka, Chinua Achebe are derelict, no Militant will come to my rescue...

The roads leading to Obong's palace are bad, he has not done anything about it, how can he help me?

Exchange rate has plumeted while the economy worsened yet the Babalawo suffers in silence with me ad he is unable to use his juju to make our economic problems disappear...

My siblings and the children of the Chief who are graduates for the past 8 years have remained unemployed while he is powerless to help them...

So I alone will decide WHO IS MAKING ME GO THROUGH ALL
THESE HARDSHIP, AND USING MY PVC TO TERMINATE HIS TENURE, IF I DON'T LIKE HIS POOR HANDLING OF GOVERNANCE!
4th time today.

It's real time to perforate the evil umbrella as it doesn't allow us to see the sky.They are only tellin us'it's still dark' due to the evil umbrella.We never know it's already dawn.Ile ti mo.

169 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by ddippset(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
go ahead our general. you are good to go. as long as you do not share the mentality that 'ordinary stealing, you people are calling it corruption, ordinary stealing!' forget all the bla bla bla. kill corruption and nigeri'as problems are 80% gone. A new dawn beckons on us all. march 28, 72 hours from now. the first day of the rest of our lives!
GMB/PYO for 2015!

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by Burger01(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
My incoming president, victory for you is the surest thing. We, your supporters and good people of Nigeria, dey your back like hunchback.

Sai Baba come rain come shine. smiley

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by missbehave247(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
We trust ur judgement sai

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by babarazy: 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
GMB till 2023

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by proxitaly: 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Noted

[size=36pt]#Teamnoviolence[/size]

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by Infomizer(m): 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
He didn't enforce his religion on Nigerians as a dictator, na now him go con enforce am?

Ogaade, u no need assure joor!

Sheeple sha!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by sCun: 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Has he changed his view on Sharia being practised all over the country?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by sunquiyahki(m): 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Just 5 comments and its already on Front page.

BTW

Sai Buhari

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by boujaye: 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
[size=16pt]Nigerians decide wisely...[/size]

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by taiwoflb: 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nigerian's are no fools, Your comment that incite violence has not been forgotten you will never Rule Nigeria Again

Tinubu, Fashola planning to bribe Lagos monarchs –PDP
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/4186-tinubu-fashola-planning-to-bribe-lagos-monarchs-pdp

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by bonechamberlain(m): 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
ok.... Nigerians are not bothered about whether you are religiously neutral or not. what we are concerned about is your level of intelligence and leadership qualities to take thus country to greater heights. it amazes me that even some intellectuals supports this kind of change. Jonathan I believe did so little (though better than the coward obj), but buhari is not an option. I would prefer Nigerians vote kowa party

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by musocious: 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
The people's man has spoken.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by efilefun(m): 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
We know those campaigning with religion... Open your eyes wide open and face the fact... Vote The people's general and pastor Yemi osibanjo to move this country to greater heights... CHANGE IS HERE to stay finally

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
h
Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by redcliff: 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by tp10: 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
my incoming president unlike pdp--the Taliban party

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by SporaD8: 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hope he is sincere enough this time because the buhari I know is both a religion and ethnic champion
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/day-lam-adesina-clashed-with-buhari-marwa-others/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
Baba ke nan!!
Allah ya rufe Maka asiri... whatever the outcome of the election, Keep calm and Pray for Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by perfectcrush(m): 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
Too little to late... papa just go rest make GEJ samma u with beta contract once him done win... aso rock nt 4 u, nt nw nt ever... papa doe

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by haibe(m): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
GMB OF LIFE

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
My able president has spoken. And I have decided. Never again will I allow religion or tribe be a determining factor. I vote for the love of country. I vote for change. Come march 28 2015, Nigerian will decide. And our decision will be
General Buhari.
Sai Buhari
Sai Baba
Sai change.
#i have decided.
And so shall it be
Insha Allah

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by proxitaly: 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by joebeckz(m): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Sentiments have so clouded our memory that we often bring up things like islamizing Nigeria. Jonathan would have won my vote if he lessened the rate of corruption in his administration, the fact that PDP is talking of jailing shows they are guilty parties to the alleged accusation.I support Buhari even though am not a muslim nor from the north. am educated, i have d right to make my choice, i condemn the E warriors fighting and exchanging words or calling of names, the fact remains that we dont get a kobo from these people but the act of kindness to a majority of the populace is what i bank on. so far i am not impressed. i would try change, if it works for me, fine, if it doesn't then we kick dem out, its high time we stop being scared of the unknown, if ghanians could drop der exchange rate to 1 dollar = % cedis, then we can do it, i vote for change. collect their money but vote for your choice. Peace

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by Onyenaenyo: 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Story for the gods!!!!
This trick don expire. Make him try another one..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
U dont have to say all these baba.
U already have my vote

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by Vivipop(f): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
I have decided to move forward, Keep the chicken "Change".

March4Gej

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Assures Nigerians On Religious Neutrality by opalu: 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
GEJ will perform excellently as a VC, Federal University, Otueke.

Meanwhile we are doing 8 units of Four (4) Bedroom Terraces close to Chevron Round-about
You can key into it. Still N25 million only. Pay up to 60% and spread the rest over 3 years period.
You can park in as soon as the building is completed in 4-5 months time.

Just 4 Terraces remaining.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malabu Scandal: Nigeria Secures First Victory Again / Kabaka Says "Emillokan" Song Is A Song Of Victory (Videos) / Obi Chased Non-Indigenes Out Of Anambra – SDP Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.