Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano (38500 Views)

Commercial Bus Falls Off A Bridge In Oshodi, Lagos (Photos) / Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge In Lagos (Video) / Man Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridge In Awka Crushed By Vehicle. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:
APC busted again

what is your point? You can't at least be articulate?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Depathologist: 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:

there is no crack on that bridge.
what happened was that the contractor was trying to fix expansion joint on the bridge and has to cut that section and the whole event was misinterpreted
Mr kunlej2, there was a crack on that flyover and I saw it cos I live and work in kano. Do you even understand the concept of expansion joint? Have you ever seen where an expansion joint is been fixed long after a bridge or flyover has been completed? I will like to refer you back to you physics (linear expansivity) if you are a science student. Leave sentiment and politics out of this pls!!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by nationwide1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

If i should call the OP or you a fool in a debate, I'll be scored so many points since im not telling lies but im just trying to tell the whole world that thats exactly what the both of you are.
Can you simply prove that the Op lied by posting a picture evidence? Or do you want to tell me that calling someone a fool is enough proof for much sought after logic?
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Arysexy(m): 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
nationwide1:
Bro this more than comedy that some people don't know why gaps are left at some points on a bridge.

When they were told to offer physics in secondary school, they said it was too hard. Now they are laying false allegations because of ignorance. Nigeria I hail o.

Imagine d embarrassment, and they are busy exposing their ignorance on d web.

GEJ need to build more almajiri science school in kano

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Arysexy(m): 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
[s]
Depathologist:

Mr kunlej2, there was a crack on that flyover and I saw it cos I live and work in kano. Do you even understand the concept of expansion joint? Have you ever seen where an expansion joint is been fixed long after a bridge or flyover has been completed? I will like to refer you back to you physics (linear expansivity) if you are a science student. Leave sentiment and politics out of this pls!!!!!!!
[/s]

The last time 3rd mainland bridge was closed for maintenance work, can u tell me what they did on the expansion joints?

Do u know How old that bridge is?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Depathologist: 6:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
Arysexy:
[s][/s]

The last time 3rd mainland bridge was closed for maintenance work, can u tell me what they did on the expansion joints?

Do u know How old that bridge is?
Did you just said maintenance? Brother let's reason like mature, educated and well enlightened fellows. Thank God you said maintenance. The 3rd mainland bridge was closed in order to repair and fix the worn-out expansion joints that were previously fixed. The same was done to murtala Mohammed bridge lokoja sometimes ago. They shouldn't be fixing an expansion joint long after the bridge has been completed and commissioned. It should have been fixed while the bridge or flyover was still under construction.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by kpolli(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Nothing collapsed there but it wasn't any APC propaganda like the fool above me is claiming.
And by the way, if you claim APC reported that the bridge was "cracked" rather than "collapsed" as many of your type basking in the darkness of PDP claim then you are a bigger fool until you take a picture of that bridge from begining till end both length and width. Until then, you still remain a bigger fool.
Sai Buhari.
Pls vote wisely.

But did you need to insult a stranger?
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Arysexy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2015
Depathologist:

Did you just said maintenance? Brother let's reason like mature, educated and well enlightened fellows. Thank God you said maintenance. The 3rd mainland bridge was closed in order to repair and fix the worn-out expansion joints that were previously fixed. The same was done to murtala Mohammed bridge lokoja sometimes ago. They shouldn't be fixing an expansion joint long after the bridge has been completed and commissioned. It should have been fixed while the bridge or flyover was still under construction.

U said expansion joint is never done after bridge is built, I gave u 3rd mainland example.

Oga where in d picture or report did u see d contractor fixing d expansion joint? We are replying to rumour of cracks did u see any contractor there?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by samofson: 7:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
chat2deen:
SaTANoids, make una fear God! The cracked “Lado” short bridge was executed for a whooping sum of more than 10 billion naira, a much larger project of more than 2 kilometres bridge was executed by his excellency the governor of Kano state at the same amount or less.

That's an expansion joint used to relieve stress on building materials especially concrete. All large concrete structures have some form of expansion or movement joint that allow the structures to move slightly under pressure instead of breaking or cracking. I would be worried if it didn't have an expansion joint across the bridge.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Djicemob: 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ahmed4002:

don't mind the op. she just snap a picx of the bridge without checking.

Please I would attached the picx now. modify the post of yours and attach to your post.
Thanks
The pic you uploaded,is that a crack? That looks more like someone used a digger to vandalize the road.Btw,that is not even the new bridge,you prolly got pics from an already existing road and did a pic mix and now you feeling all fulfilled that you just made a point.Why are the people of kano not happy that jonathan built a bridge for them?
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
Look guys,I reside in kano and this flyover is located at gyadi-gyadi,zaria road close to farm centre.Traffics were not allowed on that road road.We were diverted to another route.The contractors are currently working to fix the cracks...and believe me its huge.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Skoopy(m): 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:

that was when the contractor was trying to fix expansion joint. ask your structural or civil engineer friends of family member

I'm an APC faithful, but I know exactly what you mean, that gap allows for expansion and contraction due to temperature variation (linear expansivity). A metallic material would be fixed on that point. Such is found in bridges, fly overs, gigantic or high rise complex buildings etc.

Meanwhile APC is a religion, CHANGE is a culture.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by sambrow(m): 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
Guy u get big problem. Just sharap
Youngzedd:

PDP guys have problem with comprehension.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Djicemob: 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

If i should call the OP or you a fool in a debate, I'll be scored so many points since im not telling lies but im just trying to tell the whole world that thats exactly what the both of you are.
Hiding behind a keyboard calling people fools shows how brainless you are.To think there's an (f) attached to your moniker with such uncouth attributes proves what a frustrated life you are experiencing.Make your and points and leave the mudslinging for the men...or go start an "e-hair pulling" with a girl in the romance section.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by ndubueze92(m): 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Nothing collapsed there but it wasn't any APC propaganda like the fool above me is claiming.
And by the way, if you claim APC reported that the bridge was "cracked" rather than "collapsed" as many of your type basking in the darkness of PDP claim then you are a bigger fool until you take a picture of that bridge from begining till end both length and width. Until then, you still remain a bigger fool.
Sai Buhari.
Pls vote wisely.
bigger Fool APC jehadist ! the stage is set for the brawl...

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Fawklicant: 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Sai Buhari.
Pls vote wisely.

This is exactly the problem with you apeecheat supporters. You just abuse anybody that has contrary opinions. Make your point, not fight. Your gra gra is too much. Nah wao! The op used only two words, and you just went ballistic on 'em. Smh!
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by chat2deen(m): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2015
Arysexy:

So in ur ab0ki sense, that gap is a crack? Do u know what is called expansion joint? Elementary physics will do u a great favour. Go and pick P.N okeke and read about linear expansivity, u will learn Why gaps are left on bridges.

No wonder 80% of u people in Kano are illiterates.

Yah we are illiterates but we know the importance of pvc and we are going to show u bleeping poke how we use our brain to vote for GMB. I know u are a programmed robot TANOIDS.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
APCheat are bunch of lying demons . There only weapon is propaganda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by dein77(m): 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
APCheat are bunch of lying demons . There only weapon is propaganda

And even that weapon is being dismantled day by day with truth and honesty!
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by seedsower(m): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
Fashola/Tinubu spent 38Billion for a 1.8 Kilometer bridge. Deal with it.

chat2deen:
SaTANoids, make una fear God! The cracked “Lado” short bridge was executed for a whooping sum of more than 10 billion naira, a much larger project of more than 2 kilometres bridge was executed by his excellency the governor of Kano state at the same amount or less.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by musaffyan(m): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
temitemi1:
Where is the collapsed GEJ till 2019!!!

D bridge did not collapse, it cracked that's the difference
Muumuuu
Vote wisely is ur choice
Vote for change on Saturday
Loops that's if u have ur PVC

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by globalresource: 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:
to all the apshit hereon.
i use to have a soft spot for you guys, infact i concluded to vote gmb but #neveragain, bunch of propagandist

TANoid detected

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by globalresource: 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
kunlej2:
to all the apshit hereon.
i use to have a soft spot for you guys, infact i concluded to vote gmb but #neveragain, bunch of propagandist

TANoid detected

Goodluck on your decision

But as for me #iHaveDecided
CHANGE!!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Reference(m): 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
Kai, kai, kai. What in the world is happening to people these days.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by BraniacX(m): 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
chat2deen:

Expansion joint not crack ignorAmus
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by BraniacX(m): 11:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
chat2deen:

Yah we are illiterates but we know the importance of pvc and we are going to show u bleeping poke how we use our brain to vote for GMB. I know u are a programmed robot TANOIDS.

We know ya sekundari skul frincifal can attest to. D fact dat 80% of you are going to fass mass, inglees and three ouda sabjekts in this waec grin
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by EmekaBlue(m): 3:49am On Mar 26, 2015
EVEN IF E CRACK NA GEJ CEACK AM NI
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by eromspete(m): 4:10am On Mar 26, 2015
Ignorance is truly bliss grin

It takes a lot for a bridge to fail. Y'all should not rush to comment on what you have no knowledge about. undecided

It's impossible to assess a bridge failure from the trash photos i see here.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by eromspete(m): 4:13am On Mar 26, 2015
A crack is a failure of the bridge deck.

If it did crack then its a serious concern because the depth/extent of the crack is unknown unless the road is closed off and a comprehensive assessment carried out.

Pls do not link a road bridge to your choice of vote. Its the most unreasonable thing to do. undecided

musaffyan:

D bridge did not collapse, it cracked that's the difference
Muumuuu
Vote wisely is ur choice
Vote for change on Saturday
Loops that's if u have ur PVC
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by babestella: 4:41am On Mar 26, 2015
APC is deliberately demonic, fetish, malicious, deceitful and a party full of murderers. I can't believe people actually went to the bridge to start looking for cracks on the bridge so they can blame GEJ. Nooooooo, this is abysmally pedestal of APC. What a shame this APC party does not really want the progress of this our dear nation.

Next time they should go with an electron microscope to look for cracks. Hopeless party full of dirty urchins. Kai.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by babestella: 4:46am On Mar 26, 2015
EmekaBlue:
EVEN IF E CRACK NA GEJ CEACK AM NI

My brother, don't mind the bunch of cows we've got in the north, they are so biggotic and hopeless.
Please yèyè Kano people, how fo0lish you all are. You can go and Bomb the bridge so as so claim it wasn't properly built. As far as it is not built but the stew.pid bigot you've got as governor, it will never be good. I wish you all well in your evil endeavor.
Re: Photos Of The Rumored Cracked Bridge In Kano by Adanora: 6:19am On Mar 26, 2015
APC propaganda, everything about them is lies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vehicles Stuck In Giant Pothole Full Of Water In Agege Pencinema (Video) / New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada / Driver Of Trailer Who Crushed Students To Death In Lagos Has Been Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.