Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,079 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:19 PM

How Has Buhari Contributed To The Democracy Of Nigeria? -valid Points Only - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Has Buhari Contributed To The Democracy Of Nigeria? -valid Points Only (576 Views)

FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? / What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / Has Buhari Shot Himself In The Foot? - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Buhari Contributed To The Democracy Of Nigeria? -valid Points Only by wise0ne: 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
I hear a lot of youth shouting Sai Buhari as though he has done some great deed to the current democracy we are currently enjoying in nigeria and I became a bit confused with the Little bit of History i read.

Buhari truncated the democratic process of Alhaji Shehu shagari and after that several other millitary regime came on board until Abdulsalami restored back democracy.

Of course, you and I know the pains of the millitary rule, yet I see people clamouring for someone who rebirth the presence of the Kaki men in power.

please sir/Ma'm if you know better, how has Buhari contributed to the democracy of Nigeria because I cannot cast my vote for someone whom i do not know his contribution to the peaceful existence of My country to come and govern me.

over to you mods
cc: Lalasticlala
cc: Seun

1 Like

Re: How Has Buhari Contributed To The Democracy Of Nigeria? -valid Points Only by seunlayi(m): 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
interesting, only if people know

1 Like

Re: How Has Buhari Contributed To The Democracy Of Nigeria? -valid Points Only by JackBaueress(f): 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
Buhari was one of honourable Nigerians who made sure Jonathan took over the presidency when Yar'adua was rumoured to have died. We know how the cabals wanted to stop Jonathan from becoming the acting president. Buhari played a major rule during that saga just to make sure democracy continued.

"I was a former dictator but I am now a converted democrat"

_-GMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Has Buhari Contributed To The Democracy Of Nigeria? -valid Points Only by wise0ne: 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
if He has not made a meaningful contribution so why are people still shouting his old praises
Re: How Has Buhari Contributed To The Democracy Of Nigeria? -valid Points Only by wise0ne: 10:34am On Mar 26, 2015
JackBaueress:
Buhari was one of honourable Nigerians who made sure Jonathan took over the presidency when Yar'adua was rumoured to have died. We know how the cabals wanted to stop Jonathan from becoming the acting president. Buhari played a major rule during that saga just to make sure democracy continued.

"I was a former dictator but I am now a converted democrat"

_-GMB
IS THAT ENOUGH REASON HE DESERVES MY VOTE?

(1) (Reply)

Google Doodle For 2015 Presidential Election. / Uninterrupted Power During Elections. / VIDEO: Nigerian Elections Femi Fani Kayode Singing A New Tune? WHY?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.