Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! (17916 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
klark3:

May God continue to bless u for this post.

U have said it all, u don't need to say more. Considerable number of women advocate & propagate d positive side of marriage, because it's an opportunity for dem to put their burden on someone's head. Marriage doesn't benefit a man in any way, but love & sex wouldn't allow many to see this, some may term ur perception abt marriage as bitterness. But that is far from d truth, 99.9% of married couples suffer silently within.

A woman will offer u nothing but a life of misery, a life bereft of women is d most peaceful, just like a life with christ. Solomon married 300 wives, what did he get in return, nothing.

With d recent tide of cheating, unhappiness,pains,disrespect,slavery,distrust... in marriages, I will advise anyone dat can hold himself, to forget abt marriage.

Marriage is good, but singleness is better.

Thank you so much. You're a very sensible person. You think with your brain.

Leave people that think with their private parts alone.

Very soon their eyes will open.

God created marriage to be a very wonderful union but women messed it up in the garden of Eden and hence they were cursed by God(in the light of Genesis 3:16).

That curse has being following them since, and they manifest it in marriages, making marriages accursed.

Anyone who can accept it let him accept it. Marriage is now a very big cage.

God never cursed man, He cursed the ground(Genesis 5:29, 8:21) and He never intend marriage to be the tug of war it is today.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
Moana:
woooooo they dont want to marry you wooooo tongue grin

I have never gone to marry anyone. I will never go. I want to marry cars and houses.

But you can believe whatever you like to massage your ego.

That's your business.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Moana(f): 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
ColinAdua:

I have never gone to marry anyone. I will never go. I want to marry cars and houses.

But you can believe whatever you like to massage your ego.

That's your business.
car gini? House gini? I said they will not marry you tongue woooooo grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by LordReed(m): 12:06am On Apr 11, 2015
ColinAdua:

You always type rubbish. Bros you don't know me.

You come to a public forum to air your brain addled views, yes I know you. Women are a curse abi? I know you, you misogynist.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 11, 2015
Moana:
car gini? House gini? I said they will not marry you tongue woooooo grin

Okay! They will not marry me. Are you now happy?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 11, 2015
LordReed:

You come to a public forum to air your brain addled views, yes I know you. Women are a curse abi? I know you, you misogynist.

This guy, ........ Always cursing.

Are you an agbero? For goodness sake because you always sound like one.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by LordReed(m): 7:03am On Apr 11, 2015
ColinAdua:

This guy must be mentally sick? Always cussing.

Are you an agbero? For goodness sake because you always sound like one.

I can only imagine the mental anguish you must go through knowing that one of the female humans you call cursed is your mother. Maybe in your next life you'll be born by a man.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by crackhaus: 9:47am On Apr 11, 2015
I don't understand why anyone of you should be attacking this dude for his choice...

Nigga wants to stay single and unmarried, it's his decision regardless the reason and y'all don't need to like it.... move on!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Godmother(f): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2015
ColinAdua:

It seems you didn't start this thread from page one.

Well let me furnish you with some facts. This thread is created to celebrate my 10yrs of taking the decision to stay single and still keeping to it.

I woke up one morning this year and I felt so happy I took this decision ten years back.

I took to nairaland inviting more guys to experience this life of bliss.

And still so happy I took this decision.

That picture on my dp was taken 10yrs ago when I took this decision.

I just hope something happens to make you change your mind cos the future I see for you much later might be lonely
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
LordReed:

I can only imagine the mental anguish you must go through knowing that one of the female humans you call cursed is your mother. Maybe in your next life you'll be born by a man.

Thank you so much for becoming a little bit mature in not using abusive words. It seems your senses are coming back bit by bit.

Meanwhile, go and read your Bible. Women were cursed by God in Genesis 3:16 and since then check the number of men they brought sorrows in the Bible.

Then turn to real life, look around your neighborhood and at marriages.

If you can tell yourself the truth, tell yourself the truth. If can't that's your business.

I have made a choice never to share in the sorrows God said He will multiply for them.

Well, that curse is lifted up from anyone of them that sincerely turns to Jesus Christ(like my angelic Mum) and give her life totally and truthfully to Him.

Is anyone of you willing today, to give her life to Jesus and be delivered from the cursed way of life including near unclothedness?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
crackhaus:
I don't understand why anyone of you should be attacking this dude for his choice...

Nigga wants to stay single and unmarried, it's his decision regardless the reason and y'all don't need to like it.... move on!

Please let them alone. Their attacks makes it the more exciting. If not for their attacks and responses this thread would have died.

I won't have motivation to post more.

And am happy I have audience.

Let them keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2015
Godmother:

I just hope something happens to make you change your mind cos the future I see for you much later might be lonely

Don't bother about me. I thrive on loneliness. I create it. I longer for it. Am more productive alone.

Just like now am alone. I just isolated everyone and went in and locked the door, to plan my business and work online.

FYI am an introvert. I have a very big phobia for crowd.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by LordReed(m): 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
ColinAdua:

Thank you so much for becoming a little bit mature in not using abusive words. It seems your senses are coming back bit by bit.

Meanwhile, go and read your Bible. Women were cursed by God in Genesis 3:16 and since then check the number of men they brought sorrows in the Bible.

Then turn to real life, look around your neighborhood and at marriages.

If you can tell yourself the truth, tell yourself the truth. If can't that's your business.

I have made a choice never to share in the sorrows God said He will multiply for them.

Well, that curse is lifted up from anyone of them that sincerely turns to Jesus Christ(like my angelic Mum) and give her life totally and truthfully to Him.

Is anyone of you willing today, to give her life to Jesus and be delivered from the cursed way of life including near unclothedness?

Your mother is a saint and all other women are devils unless they repent and even if they repent they still aren't good enough for angelic you whose mother is immaculate. Why does this fantasy not surprise me? How can it when your poor attempt to interpret scripture to suit your misogynistic ends conveniently omits the fact that where God curses woman He also curses man. Your attempt to rewrite scripture can only deceive the unlearned and babies.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 11, 2015
LordReed:

Your mother is a saint and all other women are devils unless they repent and even if they repent they still aren't good enough for angelic you whose mother is immaculate. Why does this fantasy not surprise me? How can it when your poor attempt to interpret scripture to suit your misogynistic ends conveniently omits the fact that where God curses woman He also curses man. Your attempt to rewrite scripture can only deceive the unlearned and babies.

He hei! In your attempt to discredit me you just exposed your lack of even basic Scriptural knowledge. So called Christians.

Go to Genesis Chapter 3 and show me where God cursed man.

If not for the relevance of this thread. I don't need to be arguing with you.

You're definitely lacking when it comes to scriptural understanding even simple secular understanding

SHOW ME WHERE GOD CURSED MAN, SO I CAN TEACH YOU A BIT.

If you can be humble enough to learn.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by klark3: 9:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
ColinAdua:

Don't bother about me. I thrive on loneliness. I create it. I longer for it. Am more productive alone.

Just like now am alone. I just isolated everyone and went in and locked the door, to plan my business and work online.

I'm glad u're firm with dis decision. Don't allow anyone to sway or cajole u into believing dat marriage is good. U know dis kind of decision often comes with a lot of pressure & baseless criticism.

It's better to live a lonely life with peace of mind, dan to live a life full of activities likely to be nagging, cheating, insults, emotional blackmail, tussle for headship... & without peace of mind.

Christ lead a single life, & as christians, it's expected of us to emulate christ.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Godmother(f): 9:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
ColinAdua:

I'm an introvert myself and I don't like meeting people for the first time cos I get nervous.
I like my "me time". But I also know there's a difference between been alone and lonely.
I can choose to be alone sometimes to think, refresh, regroup, whatever.
But I don't thinking choosing to be alone without a partner is healthy.
We as humans all need that company; its the way we were created.
That one person you can share your heart and thoughts with.
There will always be pain and disappointment. But there's joy and companionship on the flip side.
That's what makes life, life.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by LordReed(m): 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2015
ColinAdua:

He hei! In your attempt to discredit me you just exposed your lack of even basic Scriptural knowledge. So called Christians my foot.

You are one of the most daft personality I have met. Your shameless ignorance knows no bound.

Go to Genesis Chapter 3 and show me where God cursed man.

If not for the relevance of this thread. I don't need to be arguing with a terrible ignoramus like you.

You're definitely worst than a baby when it comes to scriptural understanding even simple secular understanding

SHOW ME WHERE GOD CURSED MAN, SO I CAN TEACH YOU A BIT.

If you can be humble enough to learn.

LoL.! I also challenge you to show me where God specifically said I curse you woman let's see how much you can twist the scripture.

BTW Angel ColinAdua mind your language your fellow angels might disown you or report you to your immaculate mum. LoL!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
Godmother:

I'm an introvert myself and I don't like meeting people for the first time cos I get nervous.
I like my "me time". But I also know there's a difference between been alone and lonely.
I can choose to be alone sometimes to think, refresh, regroup, whatever.
But I don't thinking choosing to be alone without a partner is healthy.
We as humans all need that company; its the way we were created.
That one person you can share your heart and thoughts with.
There will always be pain and disappointment. But there's joy and companionship on the flip side.
That's what makes life, life.

My sister, Thank you so much for your mature posts so far.

You made a point, but I don't quite agree with you. What you said above about marriage is correct when you consider it in the light of the purpose God created it, that is marriage.

But today, in this last days, man has become so selfish that achieving complimentary marriage is impossible. With the right frame of mind marriage is all about giving, you give, give, give. That's why God says women are help meet not help take(Genesis 2:18), that men should love their wives as Christ loves the church and GAVE HMSELF for it(Ephesians5:25).

Marriage is give and take. Infact, more giving than taking. Which means in proper context any individual going into marriage should be ready to give more and expect less in return. Am very okay with this because am a very generous person I love to give.

But today, an average man or woman is no longer interested in giving but in taking and once they can't take, bitterness sets in, then comes attacks and fight, then the whole set up is broken and destroyed. That's man for you these days. Go to courts and hear divorce cases you will laugh tire. Its all about my husband is not giving me this, my wife is not giving me that. Me! Me! Me! Get! Get! Get!.

The man has been deceived into believing that once he gets married, doors will start opening for him, he get children, he will get cheap intimacy, he will get, get, get, get!!!

The woman has been reprogrammed into believing that once you marry, all problems are solved, society will give you honor, you will get children, you will get happiness forever after, you'll get, get, get!!

And that is the problem of marriage today. GETTING MENTALITY. And people who are interested in getting never gets satisfied. They wants to get more. And if you can't give it, sorry for you. If you look around you, you'll find that every woman wants to marry a rich man so she can get, get, get.

No one comes again to give or with the right mind set that marriage is all about giving. Everyone comes to take. And once they didn't get. Wahala!! Problems has started.

I don't have much to give and I don't have the capacity to give a woman everything she desires, I don't even wants to bother. I don't like the getting mentality of our women these days. I can't fulfill anyone's fantasy of fairy tale prince charming giving. And am not interested in getting from any strange woman either.

And since I don't want troubles, I rather be on my own and enjoy the little I have with peace of mind.

God bless you.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
LordReed:

LoL.! I also challenge you to show me where God specifically said I curse you woman let's see how much you can twist the scripture.

BTW Angel ColinAdua mind your language your fellow angels might disown you or report you to your immaculate mum. LoL!

Kai! So you can't defend you notion you are running away.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF "WILL GREATLY MULTIPLY YOUR SORROWS" In direct speech.

Bible says:
.....cursed is the ground for thy sake;......(Genesis 3:17).

......"This [same] shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed" (Genesis 5:29).

"And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake;...." (Genesis 8:21).

GOD CURSED THE GROUND. HE DID NOT CURSE MAN!

Maybe you don't even understand English too. No wonder you said not worth the pains means worthless.

Kai! I really need to see your English teacher.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by LordReed(m): 1:24am On Apr 12, 2015
ColinAdua:

Kai! This guy you are an ignoramus. You know nothing. You just make empty meaningless noise like a little boy. Which I feel you are.

So you can't defend you notion you are running away cowardly.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF "WILL GREATLY MULTIPLY YOUR SORROWS" In direct speech.

Bible says: .....cursed is the ground for thy sake;......(Genesis 3:17). God
cursed ground. He didn't curse man.

Maybe you don't even understand English too. No wonder you said not worth the pains means worthless.

Kai! I really need to see your English teacher.

And it is now obvious that you know how to just twist scripture to your benefit, abi was this omitted from your bible

Genesis 3:19 CPDV

By the sweat of your face shall you eat bread, until you return to the earth from which you were taken. For dust you are, and unto dust you shall return."

You are really making your fellow angels to weep o all this foul language kai, LoL!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 4:09am On Apr 12, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Such a wonderful pleasure to read from you , how are you ?

Never knew you aren't Nigerian

Thanks, that's nice of you to say. I'm pretty good, how r u?

Indeed, I am not.

I think it's great that you can see the other side, perhaps despite your own desires.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Godmother(f): 7:23am On Apr 12, 2015
ColinAdua:

My sister, Thank you so much for your mature posts so far.

You made a point, but I don't quite agree with you. What you said above about marriage is correct when you consider it in the light of the purpose God created it, that is marriage.

But today, in this last days, man has become so selfish that achieving complimentary marriage is impossible. With the right frame of mind marriage is all about giving, you give, give, give. That's why God says women are help meet not help take(Genesis 2:18), that men should love their wives as Christ loves the church and GAVE HMSELF for it(Ephesians5:25).

Marriage is give and take. Infact, more giving than taking. Which means in proper context any individual going into marriage should be ready to give more and expect less in return. Am very okay with this because am a very generous person I love to give.

But today, an average man or woman is no longer interested in giving but in taking and once they can't take, bitterness sets in, then comes attacks and fight, then the whole set up is broken and destroyed. That's man for you these days. Go to courts and hear divorce cases you will laugh tire. Its all about my husband is not giving me this, my wife is not giving me that. Me! Me! Me! Get! Get! Get!.

The man has been deceived into believing that once he gets married, doors will start opening for him, he get children, he will get cheap intimacy, he will get, get, get, get!!!

The woman has been reprogrammed into believing that once you marry, all problems are solved, society will give you honor, you will get children, you will get happiness forever after, you'll get, get, get!!

And that is the problem of marriage today. GETTING MENTALITY. And people who are interested in getting never gets satisfied. They wants to get more. And if you can't give it, sorry for you. If you look around you, you'll find that every woman wants to marry a rich man so she can get, get, get.

No one comes again to give or with the right mind set that marriage is all about giving. Everyone comes to take. And once they didn't get. Wahala!! Problems has started.

I don't have much to give and I don't have the capacity to give a woman everything she desires, I don't even wants to bother. I don't like the getting mentality of our women these days. I can't fulfill anyone's fantasy of fairy tale prince charming giving. And am not interested in getting from any strange woman either.

And since I don't want troubles, I rather be on my own and enjoy the little I have with peace of mind.

God bless you.
Thank you.

Hmmm, your write-up is true; selfishness thrives in our society these days.
People marry for self-interest. But I also know there are people out there who are willing to give much more than they receive. I'm a living witness. I know guys who are so selfish with bloated egos and see woman as things to be trampled on, since most naija men believe Nigerian women are looking for husband and will do anything to get one. A lot of these men lack character and I became disillussioned. I also have female friends who will tell you if a man doesn't earn at least 2.5m per year they are going nowhere with him cos they don't want to suffer.

Yet again, I have one or two friends who are so giving they will drive you crazy with this mentality. I ve known them since we were children so I know they are not pretending. Any guy who gets married to any of these girls is blessed for life.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are good people out there; people that will bring peace to our hearts. Not every apple in the basket is bad. You just have to take your time to find that person that gives peace to your heart (and pray as you search, it makes the whole process easier).

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Thanks, that's nice of you to say. I'm pretty good, how r u?

Indeed, I am not.

I think it's great that you can see the other side, perhaps despite your own desires.

My desires are not specific , I have pretty much a very open outlook on life
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
neoapocalypse:

My desires are not specific , I have pretty much a very open outlook on life

Hmm, interesting. It doesn't pay to have a one-track mind, either way smiley
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
LordReed:

And it is now obvious that you know how to just twist scripture to your benefit, abi was this omitted from your bible

Genesis 3:19 CPDV

By the sweat of your face shall you eat bread, until you return to the earth from which you were taken. For dust you are, and unto dust you shall return."

You are really making your fellow angels to weep o all this foul language kai, LoL!

You can abuse. God have mercy on you.

My own Bible(KJV) says: Gen 3:17 "And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life"

Note the words 'EAT [OF] IT. It means eat of the ground. He is still talking about the ground not man.

Even at verse 19 God is still talking about ground.

God didn't curse man because of two reasons viz;

1) Adam was not deceived and hence wasn't in direct transgression. Read 1 Timothy 2:14 KJV

2) Adam is a figure of Him(Christ) to come (Romans 5:14 KJV). If Adam was cursed that curse would have limited Jesus Christ drastically in His ministry in liberating mankind, since He took on the form of man. Actually the last Adam(1 Corinthians 15:45).

I sincerely apologize for replying you in aggressive manner, its so unlike me, even though you deserve it.

Have a good day.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
Godmother:

Hmmm, your write-up is true; selfishness thrives in our society these days.
People marry for self-interest. But I also know there are people out there who are willing to give much more than they receive. I'm a living witness. I know guys who are so selfish with bloated egos and see woman as things to be trampled on, since most naija men believe Nigerian women are looking for husband and will do anything to get one. A lot of these men lack character and I became disillussioned. I also have female friends who will tell you if a man doesn't earn at least 2.5m per year they are going nowhere with him cos they don't want to suffer.

Yet again, I have one or two friends who are so giving they will drive you crazy with this mentality. I ve known them since we were children so I know they are not pretending. Any guy who gets married to any of these girls is blessed for life.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are good people out there; people that will bring peace to our hearts. Not every apple in the basket is bad. You just have to take your time to find that person that gives peace to your heart (and pray as you search, it makes the whole process easier).

My sister. I don't want to bother looking instead let me use the energy for something more fulfilling; my business.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hello House!

Sincerely speaking, in life you are on your own, so live it on your on terms as far as its not sin.

Hanging your personal sense of fulfillment, contentment, being and happiness on someone else, as is always obtained in marriages these days always backfires and leads to heartbreaks, disappointment, hurts and pains.

Why? Because man is not perfect and can never be perfect except in Christ Jesus.

I always encourage people to layout their PDPs (Personal Development Plan), outline things in there that gives them inner fulfilment and self happiness and work towards them.

Attain a level of self reliance, self fulfillment, self contentment and self happiness from deep within your being. Then marriage or no marriage, have meaningful legacies you can transfer to your immediate environment/society.

Marriage is more about transfering the self fulfillment you have attained to people around you, to help them attain theirs too.

But with this prevalent obtaining mindset, a lot of people will always make a mess of relationships whether marriage or otherwise, as they hope to obtain self fulfilment in there.

Now am seriously focused on attaining this level of self fulfilment because at the end of the day, you are on your own and you need to reach deep inside of you to draw from your well reserved pool of self reliance, self fulfillment, self contentment, self satisfaction, self worth, self happiness, self strength, to push you through adversities, when people we tend to hang our hope on ha disappointed.

Yes! I know what am talking about. There is this 80 years plus or 90 years plus old man, very aged man, my mother is helping to process the pension of one of his dead daughters. My grand father died about 72years ago but this man knows my grand father very well. This particular man, 2 of his daughters are dead, his first son is dead.

His two remaining children abandoned him and disappeared. This man at this age, is almost on his own, but always happy, still riding his bicycle. When I see him, I always wonder how he is coping. But he is coping on well because he is drawing from well preserved pool of self reliance stored inside.

So am now committed seriously in having a cordial relationship with God through Christ Jesus, my own full functional business, my own well organized cool calm home(not a landlord's nor my father's nor anyone's house) a relaxing habitat and complimentary accessories.

Since these as I have realized, will give me a lasting sense of self reliance and fulfilment, at the end of the day, not marriage.

What about you?

Life is lived once. Live it on your own terms pursuing things that will make you happy and fulfilled, as far as it is not a sin.

Good day!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Godmother(f): 9:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
ColinAdua:

My sister. I don't want to bother looking instead let me use the energy for something more fulfilling; my business.

Alright, goodluck then
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by quiet006storm: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
you are actually far from being a fine man. find out what it takes to be him http://bolanlesnuptialtales..com/2015/04/no-be-fine-boy-o.html?spref=tw
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by LordReed(m): 11:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
ColinAdua:

You can abuse. God have mercy on you.

My own Bible(KJV) says: Gen 3:17 "And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life"

Note the words 'EAT [OF] IT. It means eat of the ground. He is still talking about the ground not man.

Even at verse 19 God is still talking about ground.

God didn't curse man because of two reasons viz;

1) Adam was not deceived and hence wasn't in direct transgression. Read 1 Timothy 2:14 KJV

2) Adam is a figure of Him(Christ) to come (Romans 5:14 KJV). If Adam was cursed that curse would have limited Jesus Christ drastically in His ministry in liberating mankind, since He took on the form of man. Actually the last Adam(1 Corinthians 15:45).

I sincerely apologize for replying you in aggressive manner, its so unlike me, even though you deserve it.

Have a good day.

My dear fellow it was still a curse on man. All three participants in the "crime" were judged and sentenced, no one was innocent deceived or not. Telling man he will sweat before he eats was not a pat on the back from God, that was not how it was meant to be, just as it was not meant for woman to suffer in child birth which was her own sentence. If you say woman was cursed then man was cursed too because they both received their sentence from God. Stop making it sound like it was only woman who was punished, that is not scripture.

I have agreed with you before that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being single however you do not need to twist scripture to justify your stance, scripture is clear on the matter, he who wishes to be an eunuch for the Kingdom is welcome. Jesus nor Paul did not come to tell us that woman is cursed that is why marriage is no longer good. They made it clear that it was a matter of choice based on the Grace of God. Neither the single or the married are wrong. Hope you learn to see that.

Have a good night.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
LordReed:

My dear fellow it was still a curse on man. All three participants in the "crime" were judged and sentenced, no one was innocent deceived or not. Telling man he will sweat before he eats was not a pat on the back from God, that was not how it was meant to be, just as it was not meant for woman to suffer in child birth which was her own sentence. If you say woman was cursed then man was cursed too because they both received their sentence from God. Stop making it sound like it was only woman who was punished, that is not scripture.

I have agreed with you before that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being single however you do not need to twist scripture to justify your stance, scripture is clear on the matter, he who wishes to be an eunuch for the Kingdom is welcome. Jesus nor Paul did not come to tell us that woman is cursed that is why marriage is no longer good. They made it clear that it was a matter of choice based on the Grace of God. Neither the single or the married are wrong. Hope you learn to see that.

Have a good night.

Why do you(and other people like that) always run to the accusation that someone is TWISTING SCRIPTURES, when you're presented with a scriptural interpretation that is against what you believes or what is generally believed?

Be open to knowledge that was how I learnt and is still learning. Before I learnt from my pastors, they had to breakdown many of my erroneous scriptural believes.

I still maintain rigidly that man was not cursed. The ground was, it is very clear at Genesis 3:17 (kjv) - ....... "cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life";

From what follows till verse 19 is the consequences, the result, the effect of the curse on the ground as far as man is concerned. The curse on the ground is what people without deep insight in the Scriptures misinterpret as curse on man today because they feel the effect.

That someone is feeling the consequences of a curse on another person does not mean that, that person was cursed as well. If a man is cursed and he came and have accident, does that mean that the other person involved is cursed too. Or people who stood in line for hours until the cars are cleared are they cursed too?

That Adam deserve to be cursed, doesn't mean that God cursed him.

Before you conclude on a the interpretation of a scriptural verse, examine that verse in the light of other verses from the scriptures. Don't isolate one verse, interpret or misinterpret it and run around with it, if anyone tells you, no that is not the meaning, you conclude the person is twisting the scriptures.

Now to fully understand Genesis 3:19, start from verse 17 where the statement started. Verse 19 is the conclusion to God's speech that started from verse 17, in concluding the speech God then states the effect of the curse He laid on the ground as it concerns man.

It simply means if you start from verse 17; that 'because the ground is now cursed for man's sake, man will now work the ground to eat food from the ground'. This is effect of a curse not a curse. The sweat there means work while the bread means food.

For, how do working to eat become a curse? Everyone now believes that because of the curse of Adam we have to work these days. How do working becomes a curse? When God had already commanded Adam to work when he was still in the garden of Eden, by dressing and keeping the garden(Genesis 2:15). Will he not sweat while dressing and keeping the garden? Will dressing and keeping the garden not yield food for Adam as the trees becomes more productive? Answer me.

From Genesis 3:18 to 19 literally means that God had to reduce the productivity of the ground. The ground will no longer freely give fruits bearing trees to man anymore for food. Hence, man has got to work to plant his food before he can eat them.

This is the consequences of the curse laid on the ground not on Adam. Adam was never cursed by God, the ground was.

Even other animals like chicken and plants that were never mentioned, talk less of being cursed are passing through some form of discomfort until now because of the curse on the ground as they one way or the other relates to the ground.

Romans 8:22(kjv) - "for we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now" (for better understanding of this place start from verse 19)

Will you then say that plants or the whole creation are cursed too??

Everything in this world relates to the ground one way or the other, if the ground is cursed it must touch them including man. That does not mean they were cursed too.

Genesis 3:19 (KJV) - "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return".

This is simply the proclamation of the consequences of the curse place on the ground as it relates to Adam/man.

This is the last time I will talk about this.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying Unmarried (FOR GUYS ONLY)! by Champele(m): 1:24am On Apr 15, 2015
macof:

...is close to madness

such person might as well eat grass cus it's abnormal for a human being
ina ekwuheri. Even if i want kids,i can have them without marriage. I believe the op. Marriage is the worst thing that happened to many people i know. As im writing this,my sister is crying,guess what?! Her husband don beat her again. Nonsense!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Brother Is Obsessed With Football. What Can We Do? / Stop Passing Old Cars To Your Wife, Buy Her A New One - Nigerian Man Advises / Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.