Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

“it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa (7219 Views)

Exposed! See Names Of All Northerners Who Own 90% Of Nigeria Oil Blocks; – Nd Av / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants / The Northerners Praise Rotimi Amaechi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by zendy: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2015
Kwakwanso should be thanking the people of Southern Nigeria for being merciful enough to carry the burden of the 'parasitic northern Nigeria' on their shoulders for many years instead of trumpeting a phantom population figure for Kano. The North that contributes nothing to Nigeria should very greatful to the south.

3 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 9:06am On Mar 26, 2015
barcanista:
U Lagos is more populous than Oyo State but Lagos only have 20 Local Government. How many LGAs are there in Kaduna State? We need to implement the Confab report to tackle some of these things
I swear,that report must be implemented.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Kingspin(m): 9:06am On Mar 26, 2015
oduastates:
When the British left, there were 3 regions. Go back to the three regions and carve out the states within that structure.
The national confab will address that if implemented. Some part of Nigeria dnt want the confab report becos they are benefiting so that is why they want us to maintain the status quo. Let Nigeria burn after 28th if some elements dont want a national restructuring of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Kingspin(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2015
barcanista:
U Lagos is more populous than Oyo State but Lagos only have 20 Local Government. How many LGAs are there in Kaduna State? We need to implement the Confab report to tackle some of these things
Some people claim they are more educated than the rest of us but, the time to do the needful they begin to look face of my people my people. I expected them to be at d front, the confab report will turn around things in this country. Nigeria will burn if some elements dont want to change our unfruitful system of 50years. We must have a new face of Nigeria future.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 26, 2015
Kingspin:
Some people claim they are more educated than the rest of us but, the time to do the needful they begin to look face of my people my people. I expected them to be at d front, the confab report will turn around things in this country. Nigeria will burn if some elements dont want to change our unfruitful system of 50years. We must have a new face of Nigeria future.
This is why Afenifere and prominent Yoruba elders are fighting for thÉ implementation of Confab report but the APC is only interested in Politics
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by frankzone: 9:30am On Mar 26, 2015
Mynd44:

He did raise some valid points for arguement in terms of population and land mass bro. Lets ignore ethnicity and see thibgs from his point of view
Census figures of Kano state is made up of @least 20% of easterners, eastern states has less than 5% of peeps from other regions, in Lagos, itz more than 30% easterners, now do the math

2 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Kingspin(m): 9:38am On Mar 26, 2015
barcanista:
This is why Afenifere and prominent Yoruba elders are fighting for thÉ implementation of Confab report but the APC is only interested in Politics
You just get it there they are interested in politics when we are at the hour/time of issues and restructing the country wholly. For us to have a working Nigeria the current system must be replaced. And the confab report is just it. It is the best way to settle every section of Nigeria equally. Every well meaning Nigerian support it today and you will not regret ur vote for GEJ.

1 Like

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by CyberWolf: 9:46am On Mar 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

The only state that cannot sustain itself in south east Ebonyi & the only state that can sustain itself in north west is kano & they have 7 states while south east has 5.
Land mass yes, population very suspicious as every census in nigeria had been largely rigged to favour the north ( does it take rocket science to know that lagos is far more populated than kano).
Representation, equity in national voting & balance in funding, south east are cheated in all these.
and who told you that Ebonyi cannot sustain itself?..look at my signature..when it comes down to my signature, every state should manage itself let's see who will cry first..See the era has passed when you guys relegate Ebonyi to background ..
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 26, 2015
Kingspin:
You just get it there they are interested in politics when we are at the hour/time of issues and restructing the country wholly. For us to have a working Nigeria the current system must be replaced. And the confab report is just it. It is the best way to settle every section of Nigeria equally. Every well meaning Nigerian support it today and you will not regret ur vote for GEJ.
Jonathan will be re-elected and the Confab report will be implemented. That is the wish of Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Jesusloveyou: 10:18am On Mar 26, 2015
barcanista:
What insolence? This Kwankwaso guy is becoming despicable and irritating. I use to like him but God...I can't believe he said this. Shame on him
don't u know, u are more irritating? i use to like u,not because u are apc supporter,but thinking,u are like me,who hate corruption and evil,since that saTANiod spirit enter u,u are just despicable

1 Like

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 26, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
don't u know, u are more irritating? i use to like u,not because u are apc supporter,but thinking,u are like me,who hate corruption and evil,since that saTANiod spirit enter u,u are just despicable
angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 10:32am On Mar 26, 2015
[s]
Jesusloveyou:
[/s]you are u.seless

1 Like

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by ozoigbondu: 10:34am On Mar 26, 2015
Jesusloveyou:

I don't which category to classify you under........the foolish one,the silly ones,the idiotic ones,the gullible ones or the naturally daft types
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by truefact: 10:43am On Mar 26, 2015
[quote author=Mynd44 post=32010306]
How does creating a new state in the SE solve issues in the SE?

You just mentioned that Imo and Anambra are densely populated, does a new state change the fact that that geograhical location is densely populated? Does it solve the problems associated with a high populated density?

We should look for solution to our problems not fight over who has the bigger dick[/quote
If it doesn't solve. ..why not collapsing the whole north into one state? ? Myopic fools

1 Like

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by mercyville: 10:46am On Mar 26, 2015
Well well.What can one say?
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2015
If I have my way, I will divide Nigeria to six states/regions/provinces.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 26, 2015
raumdeuter:
Actually the man spoke logically.

Whats the population or land mass of the SouthEast to deserve one more state?

But since Jonathan talks before thinking he wants to cause another wahala before shamefully leaving Aso Rock

Not surprised, you're always against anything good for the Igbos. You were the leading yoruba tribalist on nairaland those days when you ran your dayokanu handle. I smh. embarassed
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Perceptor(m): 11:49am On Mar 26, 2015
ziccoit:
No wonder people are doubting Mr GEJ PhD certificate. He behaves most of the time like an imb.ecile. He is too divisive and bigotry. Must he always talk? He shouldn't have said SE would be the first region to be considered for state creation. It is a political blunder. The guy just not fit to be a leader. I have never seen a leader who is this dull. Chai!
Seriously I've thought I was mean when I qualified him as being dull, but that's exactly what he is...
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by dumodust(m): 11:49am On Mar 26, 2015
From his logic, lagos state should be carved up too based on population
core northern areas with swathes of empty desert lands are looking for new state.. maybe they may carve out sambissa as a state too judging from its size and bok haram population
We urgently need an unbiased clear census!

2 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by saintendurance: 11:50am On Mar 26, 2015
I don't know while the northerners especially,the so called north west are so wicked,greedy like this.one could be so disappointed that upon all the states in the north that the northerners can still open their mouth demanding for more states.This is worrisome.

2 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
Clearly written on the wall..... North hates Igbo.

We need fair representation.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Demdem(m): 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Weren't States and regions represented in the National CONFERENCE?

I believe the consensus reached at the National Conference should be implemented.

You can't be wiser than all the participants who negotiated through the interest and diversity to approve recommendations that were acceptable to all.

What foolish national conference are u even talking about? A conference that comprises more of delegates that were singlehandedly chosen by fg and state governors? A conference that wasn't free to set up its own agenda? What major difference does this conference had that obj conference didn't?
Don't be deceived, what befell obj conference will befall this also.
Until an SNC is convened that will comprise the various nationalities, we are only deceiving ourselves.
For a single state to be established, the bulk of our state house of Assembly has to agree to it. That to me simply can't happen.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Chigold101(m): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
ziccoit:
No wonder people are doubting Mr GEJ PhD certificate. He behaves most of the time like an imb.ecile. He is too divisive and bigotry. Must he always talk? He shouldn't have said SE would be the first region to be considered for state creation. It is a political blunder. The guy just not fit to be a leader. I have never seen a leader who is this dull. Chai!
what is bigotry in what GEJ said? U people just look for opportunity to call our president names.

Anyway Igbos are seeing the love APC have for us. We are seeing what to expect if GMB elected (GOD FORBID).

It is a pity that people who have achieved all on the bases of federal character will not allow equity in creation of state.

I still believe in one Nigeria but... I will wait until after saturday‘s election before i will make more comment on this...

1 Like

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by HzRF(m): 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
Mynd44:

He did raise some valid points for arguement in terms of population and land mass bro. Lets ignore ethnicity and see thibgs from his point of view
Pls did gej says he won't give other zone state
Ibadan will get a new state
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by co2(m): 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
The answer to all this madness is simple
1. abolish state of origin and replace it with state of residence.
2. allow states control their resources and pay royalties to the federal government.
if the above are done nobody will care where the President is from rather emphasis will be on the governors there by making state creation a non issue.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by IGBOSON1: 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
masterpower:
People are seeing the evil plans of the Arewas and the still shout "change" for APC.

Honestly, anybody from southern Nigeria that votes for buhari is the BIGGEST FOOL.

Nigerians, christians and people from southern Nigeria who vote Buhari by saturday will live to regret it.

Its not about Jonathan, its about breaking the strong grip of the Hausa Fulani Hegemony on Nigeria.

Vote wisely , lets destroy born to rule by the Fulanis through our votes for Jonathan.

^^^This has always been my approach to this election! GEJ may not be the best Nigeria has to offer, but a message needs to be sent to the Hausa/Fulani hegemonic/oligarchic/born-to-rule xenophobes that nobody is beholden to their every whim and caprice anymore! This isn't the 60s/70s/80s when they rode roughshod over everyone else and carried on like the entire country was their personal property!

Peeps can now see why i sometimes hate and give up on this country! The Hausa/Fulani elite wouldn't allow the rest of us to do what is necessary to free each region/ethnicity from the shackles of their leeching parasitism; they're desperately clinging to the rest of us and weighing us down!

I WANT OUT!
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by IGBOSON1: 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
Demdem:

What foolish national conference are u even talking about? A conference that comprises more of delegates that were singlehandedly chosen by fg and state governors? A conference that wasn't free to set up its own agenda? What major difference does this conference had that obj conference didn't?
Don't be deceived, what befell obj conference will befall this also.
Until an SNC is convened that will comprise the various nationalities, we are only deceiving ourselves.
For a single state to be established, the bulk of our state house of Assembly has to agree to it. That to me simply can't happen.

^^^You must think you're dealing with mugs here!

Did any region, state, religion or any other grouping declare they weren't taking part in said conference? If any did let me know!

Now the conference has come and gone and decisions (however watered-down they were) have been reached, you crafty lot now want to renege on what you agreed to just because you feel your ill-gotten advantages are about to be threatened!

Of course you guys have form in going back on your word and reneging on agreements willingly entered into so i'm not surprised!
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Rawani: 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
What's wrong with every region getting a state each then? Let's be real, no single region can solely benefit from state creation at any one time in this country, our structure is just too complex.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Demdem(m): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^You must think you're dealing with mugs here!

u are highly ignorant

Did any region, state, religion or any other grouping declare they weren't taking part in said conference? If any did let me know!

Did any ethnic group categorically came out to present their chosen representative as against those appointed by the govt in those states?
Was the opposition party part of the fraud? In those states that opposition governed, wasnt it pdp echelons that selected those that will represent?

Now the conference has come and gone and decisions (however watered-down they were) have been reached, you crafty lot now want to renege on what you agreed to just because you feel your ill-gotten advantages are about to be threatened!

Right from the beginning, the conference was a fraud because it simply not backed by law. U cant legalise what is an illegality from the onset. at best, it was a talk shop. This call was made before the conference started but Jonah-daft ignored it. Whatever they agree upon in that conference will still go through the NASS. Some of the recommendations will go through the state NASS among which are controlled by the opposition who never were part of it. Now tell me how the recommendation will come to fruition. The conference is a waste. deal with it.

Of course you guys have form in going back on your word and reneging on agreements willingly entered into so i'm not surprised!

Shut ur trap and face the issue at stake. tell me specifically how u intend changing the constitution based on what the conference said when the opposition was never part of it? are u aware that 2/3rd of state house of assembly has to approve it? where do u want to get that from?

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by fresh15: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
It is not bad for Jonathan to say that south east will be considered first.He knows that south east has been marginalised in terms of state creation.The Hausas should not take it as a tribal issue.GEJ knows what he is doing and he will continue to do his best as he will be re-elected on saturday.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
Reasons To Vote For Goodluck Jonathan this Saturday.

1. After been sworn on the 29th May, 2011. GEJ gave Nigerians the best New year gift ever in the history of Nigeria on the 1st of Jan 2012 by increasing fuel price to N150/liter

2. GEJ provided 3000 jobs thru d immigration service dt 700,000 Nigerian youths applied for. D process dt killed our youths, no exam took place, no 1 got d job. No probing, Query or sacking. Immigration made over 700million! Unemployed youths scammed by their own government.

3. Stella Odua former aviation minister bought 4 bullet proof BMW cars at 250million each using aviation money. Calculate the total angry Subsidy money $20billion frm d National treasury missin. GEJ said stealing is nt corruption but u're still struggling to pay 1k 4 u monthly BIS.

4. Boko Haram has killed over 30,000 Nigerians. Kidnapped innocent girls & boys frm Government schs. GEJ said dy r our brothers & decided to go afta dm after postponing elections. Well Boko Haram has kidnapped 400 women yesterday. U tot dy chased dm out of naija abi? Don't worry GEJ will chase dm out wen u elect him again & wait till dy cme to Rivers & Lagos state.

5. Nigeria has the best economy in Africa. GEJ & Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala are working o! But Naira has no value in Naija and outside Naija. Somebody is givin us zobo cos d best economy shd av greatest currency value in Africa. Vote GEJ again & he will make sure dt $1=N250 so dt our uncles & aunts abroad can send us money. grin

6. GEJ postponed election & reduced fuel price frm N97/liter to N87 but y are dy selling fuel to us @ N120/liter. The dream of GEJ is to take it to N150/liter as he planned in 2012. Transformation Agenda my pple!

7. Vote GEJ because u wnt God to run ur life & the lives of ur children the way GEJ & his pple r running Nigeria. A good speech is enough for the wise

GMB 2015
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
The funny thing is I am not bothered about what anyone says if APC makes funny laws I trust the SS and SE people to respond

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umar Faruq: Transport Varsity, Other Projects Earned Amaechi Chieftaincy Title / 2023: South South Stakeholders Receive Bello Ambassadors, Declare Support / APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.