Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

“it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa (7217 Views)

Exposed! See Names Of All Northerners Who Own 90% Of Nigeria Oil Blocks; – Nd Av / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants / The Northerners Praise Rotimi Amaechi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by aventura: 6:56am On Mar 26, 2015
kwankwanso should learn from the mistake of Buhari if he is to become President someday.

1 Like

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 6:56am On Mar 26, 2015
[s]
Mynd44:

Ekiti state has a larger land mass than Lagos. Please keep to countries you know.
[/s]
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 6:57am On Mar 26, 2015
[s]
raumdeuter:
Actually the man spoke logically.

Whats the population or land mass of the SouthEast to deserve one more state?

But since Jonathan talks before thinking he wants to cause another wahala before shamefully leaving Aso Rock
[/s]
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 6:58am On Mar 26, 2015
[s]
Ilekeh:

Chai!!!

Southeast knows that developing its region is a higher priority than creating a new state. The creation of a new state is unnecessary and retrogressive.

But because they want to blindly compete with other regions, they'd rather pull the red card.
[/s]
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 6:59am On Mar 26, 2015
[s]
politricks:
My friend remove your political eyeglass and put on an objective one. Most of what Kwankwaso said is true but you cant understand since like your moniker, you are a racist.
[/s]
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 7:00am On Mar 26, 2015
[s]
Mynd44:

He did raise some valid points for arguement in terms of population and land mass bro. Lets ignore ethnicity and see thibgs from his point of view
[/s]
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Mynd44: 7:01am On Mar 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

You have come to the issue of restructuring which is what Nigeria desperately needs now but unfortunately APC is the only part of Nigeria resisting such.
Let me help you out more.

The aritcle this thread is based on was written in september 2012.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/north-kicks-against-new-state-for-south-east/

Unless I missed something Rabiu Kwankwaso was still in the PDP then.

Happy?

1 Like

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 7:01am On Mar 26, 2015
[s]
Demdem:
I Av repeatedly stated that we don't need any state anywhere in Nigeria. At best, we should return to the first republic regional government module.
Only the extremely gullible will believe Jonah-daft when he said he will give ibos additional state.
To acheive that, majority of states have to agree to it and constitution change. I don't see this happening.
[/s]
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by aventura: 7:02am On Mar 26, 2015
Looking at Kwankwanso's post he made some salient points albeit brutal. Now coming down to read atouke's counter comment he made a good discussion especially on the part of the geo political aspect. Away from from the discussions kwankwanso interjected some variables likes Arewa that furthermore highlighted his tribal nature. Coming from someone that aspires to lead this country in years to come he should be wary of making comments that has made Buhari perpetually irredeemable in the eyes of many.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 7:03am On Mar 26, 2015
[s]
Mynd44:

When insults get into a discussion, it becomes a waste of time and I hate that.

Kwankwaso has the right to say whatever he likes, that person does too but the difference here is that you should look at things from Kwankwaso's point of view too.

The truth is that creating a state does not really do much.

If you want to argue about population then by all means we need to create more states in the North then.

If you argue Land mass, the North still gets more states.

The issues in the SE borders around population density which creating a new state does not solve. We need to look for solution to problems not just do cosmetic changes
[/s]
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 7:06am On Mar 26, 2015
[s]
Mynd44:

1. Now that should be a topic for discussion. Getting increased revenue to combact effects of a high population density. Kwankwaso has not mentioned that and that should be the counter arguement.

2. Balanced representation is part of what Kwankwaso also raised. Representation should go viz-a-viz polulation and not populatiom density. Does the SE have a higher population that the NW (which he used as an example)

3. It is not only the North that has non viable states. Hell majority of the states in Nigeria are not economically viable. The issue of states being economically viable has to do with the National economy and our dependence on oil.
[/s]
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 26, 2015
Mynd44:

If you will quote me, please don't edit the username: that's the only way it shows in my mentions

1. I have not said any region should have more states. This issue of state creation is simply silly if you ask me. The military clearly abused it and created states so as to become popular else I don't see why Ekiti is a state. It should still be a part of Ondo.

2. You say more allocatioms right which will improve the standards of living. when has more allocation ever translated to a highet standard of Living in Nigeria? Bayelsa gets more money then Imo. Imo has a larger population but can you say the standard of living in Bayelsa is highet than Imo? And whats it with Nigerians and Appointments? what does having a minister from your local government do to you other than the feeling of "That guy's family house is close to ours"? I have spoken about representation.

3. You just said something about Bills in the senate but the flaw is that you lumped the North together and singled out the SE. You make it sound like the North and SE are competing but Kwankwaso only mentioned the NW na. If there is a bill of urgent inportance, 3 extra senators does not actually make up the numbers does it which is why you have to have representatives who are convincing and can lobby well enough. Plus how many of such bills have actually been proposed and shot down?

Very illogical fellow. Going by your logic, all the sixth state in all regions excluding SE...Gombe, Ekiti, Nasarawa, Zamfara and Balyesa be dissolved and the enormous allocations that go to these states be shared by all six geopolitical zones to ensure equity and parity. If you don't want SE to have its sixth state, then all of aforementioned states should be nullified and surrender their allocations. Sounds reasonable?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by owobokiri(m): 7:08am On Mar 26, 2015
Mynd44:

If you will quote me, please don't edit the username: that's the only way it shows in my mentions

1. I have not said any region should have more states. This issue of state creation is simply silly if you ask me. The military clearly abused it and created states so as to become popular else I don't see why Ekiti is a state. It should still be a part of Ondo.

2. You say more allocatioms right which will improve the standards of living. when has more allocation ever translated to a highet standard of Living in Nigeria? Bayelsa gets more money then Imo. Imo has a larger population but can you say the standard of living in Bayelsa is highet than Imo? And whats it with Nigerians and Appointments? what does having a minister from your local government do to you other than the feeling of "That guy's family house is close to ours"? I have spoken about representation.

3. You just said something about Bills in the senate but the flaw is that you lumped the North together and singled out the SE. You make it sound like the North and SE are competing but Kwankwaso only mentioned the NW na. If there is a bill of urgent inportance, 3 extra senators does not actually make up the numbers does it which is why you have to have representatives who are convincing and can lobby well enough. Plus how many of such bills have actually been proposed and shot down?

1) Sorrry, didnt mangle your username intentionaly...Typing with a device wth small fonts at the moment, the cursor keeps jumping all over the place messing my spellings.

The rest of your argeument screams "MISCHIEF". . Ineffective state chief executives is a general Nigerian mallaise. You can't use the SE as some sort of political guinea pig to experiment a dubious solution. Let's get rid of states across board and go back to Regions! That or be quick with the new state for SE. . YOU can't so gingerly keep yours while lecturing me on the dangers of having mine. .

1 Like

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 26, 2015
aventura:
kwankwanso should learn from the mistake of Buhari if he is to become President someday.

He was never a credible candidate in the first place

The only reason he sees himself as a credible candidate is because he comes from the North West

2 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by dagbokoncept(m): 7:23am On Mar 26, 2015
States were not created on the basis of population and landmass , far from that I really want to clear issues concerning the outrageous population the north had always presented. It will amaze people to know that during any census conducted, the north as desperate and callous they are do count trees and their animals so as to have higher populations. I have being in the north and I understood their antiquities. Even during the 2011 voters registration exercise , so many underage children were registered just to boost their chances. This time around, have said and am repeating it that Buhari can never have such enormous votes from NE and NW as it used to be. Yes, they have land mass but in terms of population it's not real.

1 Like

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by luvinhubby(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2015
Mynd44:

Let me help you out more.

The aritcle this thread is based on was written in september 2012.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/north-kicks-against-new-state-for-south-east/

Unless I missed something Rabiu Kwankwaso was still in the PDP then.

Happy?
Kwankwaso was pdp in vest & apc in mind as at then?
Convinced?
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Anugoson(m): 7:38am On Mar 26, 2015
And tomorrow Kwankwaso will vie for Presidency and seek for the support of igbos, he thinks Buhari's treatment won't be metted on him? 28th March will be an eye opener that Nigeria is no longer meant for born to rule mentalities like him

3 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Collynzo9: 7:54am On Mar 26, 2015
Mynd44:

He did raise some valid points for arguement in terms of population and land mass bro. Lets ignore ethnicity and see thibgs from his point of view
You have no idea what you are talking about.
So when it suits them, they talk about merit but when it doesn't they resort to quota system and talk of fairness and equity?
Why don't we put the same logic into the federal civil service, let the most educated and the most qualified be given the jobs, nothing like quota system or fairness. How about allocation of resources? How much do northern states contribute to the federal purse and how much do they collect?
Use your brain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 26, 2015
What insolence? This Kwankwaso guy is becoming despicable and irritating. I use to like him but God...I can't believe he said this. Shame on him

3 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Collynzo9: 7:58am On Mar 26, 2015
If we want to use merit in Nigeria, let it be done all round. If we want to use quota syaytem for the sake of equity, let it be done all round.
You don't pick and choose when it suits you.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 26, 2015
Mynd44:

Valid points? They(Kwankwaso and likes) have been at the forefront of federal character and "quota system". When it comes to sharing of appointments, positions, admission into Federal Schools, NDA, Police Academy etc they talk of "equal" representation irrespective of merit. But now that it has to do with State creation he(Kwankwaso) comes up with same "merit" that they never believed in just because it favors them. If we are to go by the usual "equality" for all, then the SE deserve an additional state. If we should go by merit, then those merit should be used in EVERYTHING and Federal Character or "quota system" expunged from our books. You can't resort to shifting goal post because it favors you.

9 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Mynd44: 8:10am On Mar 26, 2015
barcanista:
Valid points? They(Kwankwaso and likes) have been at the forefront of federal character and "quota system". When it comes to sharing of appointments, positions, admission into Federal Schools, NDA, Police Academy etc they talk of "equal" representation irrespective of merit. But now that it has to do with State creation he(Kwankwaso) comes up with same "merit" that they never believed in just because it favors them. If we are to go by the usual "equality" for all, then the SE deserve an additional state. If we should go by merit, then those merit should be used in EVERYTHING and Federal Character or "quota system" expunged from our books. You can resort to shifting goal post because it favors you.
I have argued everything out on this thread. I wonder how lazy you can be not to read through a thread and pick on the first post you see.

*yawns*

Not surprised though
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by ozoigbondu: 8:10am On Mar 26, 2015
barcanista:
Valid points? They(Kwankwaso and likes) have been at the forefront of federal character and "quota system". When it comes to sharing of appointments, positions, admission into Federal Schools, NDA, Police Academy etc they talk of "equal" representation irrespective of merit. But now that it has to do with State creation he(Kwankwaso) comes up with same "merit" that they never believed in just because it favors them. If we are to go by the usual "equality" for all, then the SE deserve an additional state. If we should go by merit, then those merit should be used in EVERYTHING and Federal Character or "quota system" expunged from our books. You can resort to shifting goal post because it favors you.

GBAM!!!!!! Justice and equality for all

2 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 26, 2015
Mynd44:

I have argued everything out on this thread. I wonder how lazy you can be not to read through a thread and pick on the first post you see.

*yawns*

Not surprised though
Now you resort to insult...."Typical APC"

2 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 26, 2015
ozoigbondu:

GBAM!!!!!! Justice and equality for all
Reading such words from Dr Kwankwaso makes one feel bad for this country.
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by NDPVF(m): 8:31am On Mar 26, 2015
barcanista:
I av' been made to belief lies decades ago about Nigeria,but this Gej's reelection bide has opened my eyes.
Kwankwaso do shout "federal character" & "quota system" when it favours him and his people,as well as resorting to "merit" when it serves his/their good,but is quick to dispel same when it favours others.
For all i know,"quota system & federal character" means equity.And equity isn't meant for North alone.
As for merit; merit isn't only about population and landmass,its about viability.whats the rationale behind creation of states like Osun,Kebbi,ekiti,etc,while they are all crying for oil money?.
How come we av' 31LGAs in my state,and Kano has 44?.whats Kano bringing to the table to be shared?.

3 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by eagleeye2: 8:34am On Mar 26, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Those questions were answered in the National Conference before the recommendation.

Are you the most intelligent in Nigeria?
Am not the most intelligent, but what will the North use in funding an additional state given that presently they rely heavily on oil.
And what were the answers proffered in the conference
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by BlackTechnology: 8:37am On Mar 26, 2015
barcanista:
Valid points? They(Kwankwaso and likes) have been at the forefront of federal character and "quota system". When it comes to sharing of appointments, positions, admission into Federal Schools, NDA, Police Academy etc they talk of "equal" representation irrespective of merit. But now that it has to do with State creation he(Kwankwaso) comes up with same "merit" that they never believed in just because it favors them. If we are to go by the usual "equality" for all, then the SE deserve an additional state. If we should go by merit, then those merit should be used in EVERYTHING and Federal Character or "quota system" expunged from our books. You can't resort to shifting goal post because it favors you.

You deserve a kiss from a virgin kiss
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 26, 2015
U
NDPVF:
I av' been made to belief lies decades ago about Nigeria,but this Gej's reelection bide has opened my eyes.
Kwankwaso do shout "federal character" & "quota system" when it favours him and his people,as well as resorting to "merit" when it serves his/their good,but is quick to dispel same when it favours others.
For all i know,"quota system & federal character" means equity.And equity isn't meant for North alone.
As for merit; merit isn't only about population and landmass,its about viability.whats the rationale behind creation of states like Osun,Kebbi,ekiti,etc,while they are all crying for oil money?.
How come we av' 31LGAs in my state,and Kano has 44?.whats Kano bringing to the table to be shared?.
Lagos is more populous than Oyo State but Lagos only have 20 Local Government. How many LGAs are there in Kaduna State? We need to implement the Confab report to tackle some of these things
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 26, 2015
BlackTechnology:

You deserve a kiss from a virgin kiss
A very beautiful virgin for that matter!!!!
Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by BlackTechnology: 8:39am On Mar 26, 2015
NDPVF:

That's why I see pro-APC members as people who don't know history cool

3 Likes

Re: “it Is The Northerners Who Deserve Another State, Not The South East” Arewa by Kingspin(m): 8:56am On Mar 26, 2015
Power drunkers and if we dont restructure the country now Nigeria will continue to struggle. Up GEJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Badaru: Debts, Uncompleted Projects Nearly Drove Me Out Of Office / North In Nigeria’s Workforce: Priority Determines Motivation / I Challenge Anyone To Expose Me – Yari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.