Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch (1167 Views)

Troops Repel Boko Haram Attack In Gwoza, Kill Terrorists (very Graphic Photos) / How Nigerian Army Chief Spent Night In Former Boko Haram Enclave (PHOTOS) / Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza (2) (3) (4)

Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 26, 2015
Chibok girls are in Gwoza, freed captive says

http://www.punchng.com/news/chibok-girls-are-in-gwoza-freed-captive-says/

More than 200 girls who were abducted by Boko Haram from government secondary school, Chibok, Borno State, in April 2014 are in Gwoza, The Cable, an online medium, on Wednesday quoted Mbutu Papka, a woman who was recently freed after eight months in the sect’s captivity, to have said.

Papka, who made the revelation to the international centre for investigative reporting, said she was transferred from a poor condition in Mdita to a fairly tolerable facility in Gwoza where the abducted girls were being held.

She said, “In the camp at Gwoza, there were clear demarcations between where people were kept. The Chibok girls, other captives and Boko Haram members and their family members all had their separate areas secured, though the security in the area where the girls are kept is visibly different and much tighter.

“When we got to Gwoza, things changed because there were facilities there and the place was 10 times better than Mdita.

“We had a normal life in Gwoza, except the trauma of living in captivity. Whatever we wanted to eat, they were provided. They would bring water, firewood, etc., and leave them outside. They even provided perfume for anyone who requested for it.”

The 56-year-old woman added that no one was allowed anywhere near the specific location of the abducted girls, which was being guarded round the clock.

Papka was reportedly seized alongside many others when Boko Haram attacked Gwoza on July 4, 2014 and taken to Mdita, a remote village near the notorious Sambisa Forest, bordering Askira Uba and Damboa. She and many others, including children were kept in Mdita for five months before they were taken to Gwoza, where she was held for another three months before being released on March 15.

The woman said the facilities provided for them in Mdita were so poor that some captives died of ill health.

“There was a Redeemed Christian Church of God pastor who was killed during the attack on our village, and his wife was abducted with us. She died at Mdita due to the condition of the place and the death of her husband,” she said.

The pastor’s wife was said to have had diabetes and had been on a special diet, which could not be provided by the insurgents.

Though she said she could not speak for the abducted girls, Papka said she and the other women abducted were neither raped nor assaulted, saying the insurgents lived with their wives and children in the Gwoza camp.

When she was to be released by the sect on March 15, Papka was given a sick two-year-old boy who had been crying uncontrollably. She was driven home on a motorcycle and asked to pay N8, 000, which her family did.
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by castrokins(m): 5:37am On Mar 26, 2015
Smh
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by dabigwalls: 5:45am On Mar 26, 2015
May the spirit and lords of the earth bow before GOD Almighty that our girls would be found, and safely.
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by boolet: 5:55am On Mar 26, 2015
Which kain Gwoza. Left to me I think by now, the girls are no longer in large groups. It's close to 365days na. #think.
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by ademega(m): 6:05am On Mar 26, 2015
Army should bombard them and s score a cheap point for mr president.
As usual it will be too late too little
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by VoteOutPDPJona: 6:34am On Mar 26, 2015
ademega:
Army should bombard them and s score a cheap point for mr president.
As usual it will be too late too little

You mean the Nigerian Army allegedly accused of cowardice by Chadian Army or GEJ desperate with his campaigns to win on March 28 to even remember kidnapped Chibok girls.

Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by tyson99(m): 6:57am On Mar 26, 2015
I just don't know why I hate PDP and all its members with passion!
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by okotv(m): 7:02am On Mar 26, 2015
this sort of information is meant to be kept secret and not released to the press. Those girls must come back alive and since Jonathan says we would capture the place before Friday(I sense political undertone) a day before the presidential election, so be it.

Sai baba
sai Buhari.
#changeiscoming.
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 26, 2015
okotv:
this sort of information is meant to be kept secret and not released to the press. Those girls must come back alive and since Jonathan says we would capture the place before Friday(I sense political undertone) a day before the presidential election, so be it.

Sai baba
sai Buhari.
#changeiscoming.
Take it easy bro.
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by okotv(m): 7:06am On Mar 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
Take it easy bro.
I just need those girls back alive and in good time.

Good morning.
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 26, 2015
okotv:
I just need those girls back alive and in good time.

Good morning.
Good morning dear. Sorry I slept off last night. Hope he has stopped?

With the way you all scream this vote this and vote that, people like me will sure not vote for any of them.
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by okotv(m): 7:14am On Mar 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
Good morning dear. Sorry I slept off last night. Hope he has stopped?

With the way you all scream this vote this and vote that, people like me will sure not vote for any of them.
No reply from him yet. Plan on bursting that guy today. I can't let someone weigh me down.

I don't care about who votes who, all I ask is for the girls release or is that too much
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by otukpo(f): 7:16am On Mar 26, 2015
Which part of gwoza?
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 26, 2015
okotv:
No reply from him yet. Plan on bursting that guy today. I can't let someone weigh me down.

I don't care about who votes who, all I ask is for the girls release or is that too much
You care jor. If you don't why do you always scream it? You don't' even have a PVC so chill. If you scream from now till next year it won't change Nada.

Please be careful with that guy o.
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by okotv(m): 7:40am On Mar 26, 2015
Herzumpther:
You care jor. If you don't why do you always scream it? You don't' even have a PVC so chill. If you scream from now till next year it won't change Nada.

Please be careful with that guy o.
I do care though cause if we had competent people at the helm of affairs in this country those girls would be back by now or the issue trashed thoroughly. We can't continue with those we have there if not Nigeria will sink completely. We need a CHANGE.

I sure would.
Re: Former Boko Haram Captive Places Chibok Girls In Gwoza....punch by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 26, 2015
okotv:
I do care though cause if we had competent people at the helm of affairs in this country those girls would be back by now or the issue trashed thoroughly. We can't continue with those we have there if not Nigeria will sink completely. We need a CHANGE.

I sure would.

Igbo And The Fallacy Of Mbaka’s God’s Vindication / The Powerful X Men Of Lagos And South Africa / Femi Fani-Kayode is not CramJones - Osun PDP