Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction (8364 Views)

EDO STATE 2016 Apc Governorship Primary Election final results / Jonathan's 5 Horrible Acts Since Losing The Presidential Election / Finish Him. ( Segamega. Back-forward-back-back-c... ) 2015 Election Final Round (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by Eggcelent(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
Not even GEJ/GMB is CERTAIN of victory. Due to better organization, GMB will win more votes in the NW/NE than he did in 2011. Due to proposed deployment of Card Readers, GEJ will have fewer votes in the SS/SE than he did in 2011. With Kwara & Nasarawa under the APC, coupled with the APC's popularity in Benue & Niger States, neither party will have more than 55% of total votes in the Region. Victory for either lies with its performance in the SW where I reside. I must say the sentiment is towards the APC. However, it is too close to call & the overall outcome will be similar to that of NC with neither candidate securing more than 60% of the total votes.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by Antivirus92(m): 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
@ useless op...how many anambra States do we have in Nigeria? cos d anambra state I am from don't know what APC means

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by olalekan9320(m): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
GEJ till may 29

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by adioolayi(m): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
Passingshot good analysis you've got here....I don't think you are bias. My own little contribution is just that VOTERS TURNOUT will be key in this election. Using Southwest as a case study in 2011...turnout average was around 39% in all the six states. Although, the moral is high this time around, and if we are to go by popular opinion in who to vote for in the SOUTHWEST of today... #GMB has it locked down...Including Ekiti (I was at EKSU convocation last week). I think all permutations still favours #GMB

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by sartorius(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
@ olamieseun I didnt say Gej would win osun state, but he would berfom better than projected. Most of the pundits are really underestimating Gej. Apc was fresh in osun state in 2011. Aregbe had cult following then , that favoured ribadu. workers are currently owed 5 months although its expected that gmb would win but not bythat margin.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by tp10: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
merry02:
Ur prediction is wrng***buhari can't win Ondo,kaduna state

those two states are good to go for APC

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by Demmzy15(m): 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
adioolayi:
Passingshot good analysis you've got here....I don't think you are bias. My own little contribution is just that VOTERS TURNOUT will be key in this election. Using Southwest as a case study in 2011...turnout average was around 39% in all the six states. Although, the moral is high this time around, and if we are to go by popular opinion in who to vote for in the SOUTHWEST of today... #GMB has it locked down...Including Ekiti (I was at EKSU convocation last week). I think all permutations still favours #GMB
Even at Afe Babalola University, we had a lecture and a student came in late. The lecturer then asked the student "who are you voting for?", the student replied "Jonathan". The lecturer then said "get out of my class!!", when the student was contemplating, the lecturer then asked "Which state are you from?", the student replied "delta state". The teacher just said "just get out of my "class", everyone was laughing. The lecturer finally allowed to stay in the class tho. grin

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by ziccoit: 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
sartorius:
@ olamieseun I didnt say Gej would win osun state, but he would berfom better than projected. Most of the pundits are really underestimating Gej. Apc was fresh in osun state in 2011. Aregbe had cult following then , that favoured ribadu. workers are currently owed 5 months although its expected that gmb would win but not bythat margin.

Osun is more locked down for GMB this year than it was for ACN/Ribadu in 2011. See, people are angry. I asked a group of people today at my place of work who are they planing to vote on Saturday, 5 out of 6 picked Buhari. Do you know what is so amazing about that encounter? All of them are Christians exept one.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by AbidemiA: 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
Based on the data I collected from this link http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/03/24/inec-releases-statistics-of-pvc-collected-in-all-36-states-see-list/ , with the information/data that I have gathered from the supporters of GEJ and GMB on Nairaland and Facebook. I generated the attached file with the following assumptions:

1 All voters that have collected their PVC will vote.
2 All votes will be legitimate and shared by GEJ and GMB only.

Note:
My predictions are more in favour of GEJ than GMB.

You can download the Excel sheet from this link : https://www.nairaland.com/2218820/analysis-voters-registration-possible-outcome

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
Nice predictions, Passingshot! I hope it works out fine for the People's General and we his indefatigable supporters grin cheesy
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by PassingShot(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Nice predictions, Passingshot! I hope it works out fine for the People's General and we his indefatigable supporters grin cheesy

I am confident that we shall win even with wider margin if the election is free, fair and credible.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by chamboy(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hardaysheenar:
.....am in southwest too...Osun state specifically....don't b surprised if Jonathan wins here
jo-na-tan fe win ni ilesa, shey west ibokun ni abi north imo...

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by PassingShot(m): 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
AbidemiA:
Based on the data I collected from this link http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/03/24/inec-releases-statistics-of-pvc-collected-in-all-36-states-see-list/ , with the information/data that I have gathered from the supporters of GEJ and GMB on Nairaland and Facebook. I generated the attached file with the following assumptions:

1 All voters that have collected their PVC will vote.
2 All votes will be legitimate and shared by GEJ and GMB only.

Note:
My predictions are more in favour of GEJ than GMB.

You can download the Excel sheet from this link : https://www.nairaland.com/2218820/analysis-voters-registration-possible-outcome

So in your right mind, you could believe that GEJ will win in all of SW and NC states. And even at that GMB still has more votes!

Modified*

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by PassingShot(m): 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
Antivirus92:
@ useless op...how many anambra States do we have in Nigeria? cos d anambra state I am from don't know what APC means

Child of hatred, should I have awarded 100% of the votes to GEJ in Anambra just because you don't know APC there?
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
PassingShot:

I am confident that we shall win even with wider margin if the election is free, fair and credible.
Thankfully, APC now boast a lot of deep structures, who would be in all the polling stations, to match whatever ignoble and fraud tactics PDP would put forward. This is a game between two elephants. I'm sure it won't be easy to push either one of them aside.

Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by cKaiser: 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
PassingShot:

So in your right mind, you could believe that GEJ will win in all of SW and NC states. And even at that GMB still has more votes!

You're a clown! No offence intended.

I like his predictions which is the worst case scenario that even FFK would agree is generous to Jonathan

You have to factor in things like extreme bribery on election day by PDP and voters intimidation by soldiers

WHen analysing issues atimes its better to start from the worst case scenario

In this case GMB still wins

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by PassingShot(m): 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
chrisooblog:
@op good one but you forgot to give overall total. plus you were too generous to GEJ in niger state all the same great analysis. do mind doing one for senate, HOR, governorship elections?

Thanks. In the total votes, GMB has about 1.2 million votes over GEJ.

I'm not given to doing a similar thing fot other elections. The presidency is my main concern.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by PassingShot(m): 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
cKaiser:

I like his predictions which is the worst case scenario that even FFK would agree is generous to Jonathan

You have to factor in things like extreme bribery on election day by PDP and voters intimidation by soldiers

WHen analysing issues atimes its better to start from the worst case scenario

In this case GMB still wins

Hmmm! But I don't think his prediction has a semblance of reality.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by cKaiser: 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
PassingShot:

No sir. GMB doesn't win in his prediction even though he has more votes because he only wins 11 states.

Criteria to win the election is majority of votes cast and over 25% in 24 states

Both WHich GMB meets
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by cKaiser: 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
PassingShot:

No sir. GMB doesn't win in his prediction even though he has more votes because he only wins 11 states and didn't get 25% or more in 24 states.

GMB has over 25% in all NE, NW, SW and NC states which makes it 25 states already. Assuming worst case scenario he doesnt make 25% elsewhere
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by PassingShot(m): 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
cKaiser:

GMB has over 25% in all NE, NW, SW and NC states which makes it 25 states already. Assuming worst case scenario he doesnt make 25% elsewhere

Yeah, I just re-read it. You're right.

Thanks.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
REASONS Y I CHANGE MY DECISION ON BUHARI.

1.THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA START WITH NORTHERNERS...ALL THOSE USELESS HEAD OF STATE

2.NORTH GREEDINESS TO ALWAYS RULE.LOOKING AT ALL NIGERIA LEADERS,MAJORITY OF THEM ARE NORTHERNERS

3.THE THIEVES SURROUNDING GMB... PEOPLE LIKE ABS,TINUBU WHICH ARE CONFIRMED POLITICAL THIEVES ARE HIS LOYALISTS

4. WE NEED AGILE LEADER NOT AGE DISADVANTAGE LEADER ...

#Y ALWAYS D NORTH
lemmie jxt reply u sir, election is a game of numbers, d north in dis case has d highest numbers, had it been apc chose a candidate frm another zone, pdp wud hav capitalised on d ethnicity of d vp (sambo) when campaigning nd dis wud've meant a sure victory 4 jonathan. now, if u are a rational minded fellow, u wont hav a hard time understanding me.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by IVORY2009(m): 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
PassingShot:

GMB won KD in 2011 with no any structure. So he will win there easily in 2015.

Ondo is a battle ground state, so I tip GMB to win it by 55% just as I gave another battleground state, Edo to GEJ.

the elections will be full of surprises, you can not use passed records to determine the voting pattern of an election, the states GEJ won in last elections, he might loose this time around, likewise GMB, most of the states he won in 2011, he might loose this time tooo, the best thing to do is to sit back and wait till 29th of March, and not predictions.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
IVORY2009:

the elections will be full of surprises, you can not use passed records to determine the voting pattern of an election, the states GEJ won in last elections, he might loose this time around, likewise GMB, most of the states he won in 2011, he might loose this time tooo, the best thing to do is to sit back and wait till 29th of March, and not predictions.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by wordychap: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
in d akwa ibom state i've made a survey, buhari will be lucky to have 10,000 votes
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by thankyouJesus(m): 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
PassingShot:

I don't need reasons why you support GEJ or why you withdrew your support from GMB. No one needs it actually here.

Please discuss the topic or leave the thread.
Chai, there is God o. See polite insult.
@topic, the probability of GMB losing the state he won in last election is 0.01, I hope same can be said about GEJ.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by yetunsbay(m): 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
maestroferddi:
Stop wasting your time.

The day of reckoning is less than two days away.

We shall see who are the better analysts.

Buhari would not win this election. You can always quote me.
nw ave quoted you.D current administratn has bin assessed by majority of under & late -20s bt rather wnt CHANGE to compare and contrast both d current admin and incoming ones.Yes, GMB has done it b4 bt wsnt sighted by age groups above.So,if he's being re-elected and also disappoint citizens then we can also CHANGE THE CHANGER... 4now team#Sai Baba
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by PapaBrowne(m): 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
ziccoit:
@PassingShot, brilliant analysis and I agree with you except your over generosity to PDP in SW. I'm on ground too in SW. I feel GMB is going to put up better show in the SW states. I even tagged SW as the burial ground of PDP/GEJ in this election. Is like a movie titled "SW against GEJ". People are expressively and palpably angry with GEJ and are ready to reject him massively at poll. I spoke with the people who agreed to vote for the first time in their lives just to ensure GEJ would not come back.

You actually assume SW represents the newspaper reading elite in Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta.
The real SW voters are in the hinterland.
While its not going to be a walk in the park for Jonathan, I expect a single point victory tipping either way.
Your assumptions are too optimistic and exposes your political naivety. If you understand politics you know that structures win elections not noise.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
Another fantastic analysis by PassingShot, will presented.

I wonder why threads like this never hit the front page.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by PassingShot(m): 5:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
Obiagelli:
Another fantastic analysis by PassingShot, well presented.

I wonder why threads like this never hit the front page.

Thanks Obiagelli. It will not make front page for some reason but the one by Mr. Protection which was a regurgitation of 2011 election result was pushed there. No qualms as my intention is to see how much the final result will taly or deviate from this exercise.

Hope you're ready to vote out Jonathan tomorrow and hope that you're helping deliver your household and street for the Change.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by Collynzo419: 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2015
This is a well thought and well presented analysis.

Well done Passingshot.

Lalasticlala, since Barcanista's 2011 election thread was put on FP, i think this thread qualifies to grace the FP
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
PassingShot:

Thanks Obiagelli. It will not make front page for some reason but the one by Mr. Protection which was a regurgitation of 2011 election result was pushed there. No qualms as my intention is to see how much the final result will taly or deviate from this exercise.

Hope you're ready to vote out Jonathan tomorrow and hope that you're helping deliver your household and street for the Change.
I am more than ready my brother, i saw the other thread on the front page and i just smh. You predictions tally with the reality on ground. I can't wait for inec to announce results.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu State Government Commences Repairs Of Potholes On Enugu Urban Roads / Ohanaeze Replies Fredrick Nwabufo, Says Igbos Are Prepared For 2023 Presidency / Breaking- U.K. Temporally Ban Buhari ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.