Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,761 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu (1671 Views)

"I'm Not Leaving APC" Tinubu Assures Nigerians / PDP Exonerates APC, Tinubu In Toyin Saraki’s EFCC Ordeal, Says PDP Behind Probe / Buhari Finally Intervenes To Senate Dispute To Save Apc Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by midolian(m): 10:23am On Mar 26, 2015
A national leader of the All Progressive Congress Bola Tinubu, on Wednesday said if he were as ambitious as the Peoples Democratic Party portrays him to be, he would have broken up the party.

Mr. Tinubu said he pulled out of the race for the vice presidential ticket of the APC voluntarily, for the sake of the party.

The PDP campaign organisation had also accused Mr. Tinubu of signing a pact with the party’s vice presidential candidate, Yemi Osinbajo, that should the party win the March 28 election, he (Osinbajo) will step down for Mr. Tinubu six months into their administration.

The APC, Messrs. Tinubu and Osinbajo denied the claim.

Speaking Wednesday at the 7th annual Bola Tinubu colloquium, held at Eko hotel in Lagos, Mr. Tinubu said the coming together of the APC and the emergence of both its presidential and vice
presidential candidates sent warning signals to the ruling PDP.

“They attacked General Buhari, saying he would not subject himself to a primary. He did and won it as our party held the most open and transparently honest convention ever held in Nigeria,” he said.

“They said I connived and conspired my way into the VP seat. They lied so easily that it was the price I extracted from General Buhari to support his bid. If not, I would destroy the party on the altar of my ambitions.

“They were wrong. I pulled myself out of contention. The very brilliant and capable Professor Yemi Osinbajo became our VP candidate. A man of integrity and impeccable character. Alas, this sent Jonathan’s henchmen into disarray. In the quiet of their private closet, even they could see clearly enough through the darkness of their own hearts to recognize that our ticket was so much better than theirs,” he said.

Mr. Tinubu berated the Goodluck Jonathan administration for Nigeria’s security challenges, economic woes, and lack of good governance.

“They hold office yet have abandoned governance. They hold power but have no good idea about the use of it. They lost over 200 of our daughters to Boko Haram. They lost part of our territory also. While they lay a heavy hand on the opposition, the Chibok girls remain lost and Boko Haram continues to terrorize our people.

“They are lost because they are blind and blind because they have already lost. Instead of allowing the nation to choose a leadership that would rescue them and us all, they would rather that all become as lost as they are. Thus, on the eve of elections last month February, they postponed the exercise. They claimed security as their excuse. We know better. For Jonathan, an election held on February 14 would have been an election lost.

“He would have made history he did not intend: Our first incumbent president defeated in an election. He would join the club of wealthy leaders who left no legacy for their people. I say here and now that the postponement merely gave him a six-week stay of electoral defeat. That is all he accomplished,” said Mr. Tinubu.

He alleged that Mr. Jonathan bribed religious clerics and traditional rules to sway them to his side.

“They have thrown money at Christian and Muslim clerics, attempting to buy two great faiths as if they were two cheap commodities. As such, they have attempted to turn our houses of worship into open dens of corruption. They have dangled money in the face of our traditional fathers believing their conscience is for sale. Many have been brave enough to cohere to the nobility of their office more than worry about the expansion of their bank accounts.

“They have corrupted some civil society groups and organizations to engage in violent protest against the electoral process and the use of the card readers. They oppose the card reading machine because the instruments foil their customary avenues of vote rigging. Jonathan‘s team has already read the writing on the wall should these machines be used. They would be handed a defeat so resounding that they would begin to fight among themselves believing that each betrayed the other,” Mr. Tinubu said.

The erstwhile governor noted that he was not afraid of being arrested as speculated in the media. He held that he will not be silence by arrest.

“You may arrest me and others but you cannot arrest an idea whose time has come. The time for a common sense revolution has come to Nigeria. In calling for a common sense revolution, I do not advocate violence. I abhor it. That is not the type of revolution we seek, this revolution is strong but peaceful. It is a revolution to use our votes to throw out ineffective leaders. It is a demand for a true electoral democracy and the responsive leadership associated with it. It is a revolution to rescue us from violence, injustice and poverty”.

He said that an APC led federal government will jumpstart the economy with its own fiscal and monetary space while also ensuring that corruption in the oil sector stops by ensuring that the books of the NNPC is well audited and made known to the public.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/179142-i-gave-up-my-vp-ambition-to-save-apc-tinubu.html
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Rose2014: 10:24am On Mar 26, 2015
Initially i supported APC but carefully looked at their way of life i discover that they are old thieves trying to wear new clothes i decamped to PDP at least i know what they have done afterall Northerners have ruled for more than 30 yrs including Buhari but nothing drastically changed

2 Likes

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Acekidc4(m): 10:25am On Mar 26, 2015
Ok oh, we don Hear oh!!
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by transformer2019: 10:26am On Mar 26, 2015
Chai
See tinubu
D man dey deceive dem thugs since 1999
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by midolian(m): 10:27am On Mar 26, 2015
Rose2014:
Initially i supported APC but carefully looked at their way of life i discover that they are old thieves trying to wear new clothes i decamped to PDP at least i know what they have done afterall Northerners have ruled for more than 30 yrs including Buhari but nothing drastically changed
I am sure u didn't even read d post..na copy and paste u dey do..why litter every thread with this? Are u finding it difficult to think?

Beware : The clock is ticking, TANoids are trembling, CHANGE is coming.

Sai Buhari

4 Likes

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by dealslip(f): 10:27am On Mar 26, 2015
The demons that love to suck the blood of Nigerians in the North is paralysed by the might of our God. Every almajiri that sees Southerners and people of other religion apart from their own as their enemies, instead of their elites will be crippled by the Power of the most high before the day of the election. Let there be division in the camp of our common enemy, All foreign power working hard to disintegrate Nigeria will be disgraced and put to shame, People who are already excited at the possibility of slaying innocent people because of the misfortune of their candidates will be thrown into chaos before Saturday. I pray the stronghold of electoral violence in the land is broken forever in Nigeria. Never again will Nigeria be held bound by any group, cabal or strong men who fight tooth and nail to take us ransome. Above all Lord God almighty, let the person you ordained from the foundations of the earth to rule Nigeria in 2015 win the election. May Nigeria find greatness in this generation. May our blessed and fertile land yield milk for us in the morning and honey for us at night. May we all enjoy the good of the land after several years of pain and lack and neglect. O true God of creation, accept this prayer and bless and give victory to everyone who wants your will to be done in Nigeria. You direct the affairs of men and stir the heart of Kings, steer us into Greatness. Let love increase in our hearts while division and hatred diminish forever. Let the peace we claim in our religion be brought to use for such a time as this. Pray for the peace of Nigeria, in her own peace lies your own. May God bless you if your deepest wishes and prayer are captured above regardless of your choice candidate. Amen

2 Likes

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 26, 2015
k
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Rose2014: 10:28am On Mar 26, 2015
midolian:
I am sure u didn't even read d post..na copy and paste u dey do..why litter every thread with this? Are u finding it difficult to think?
Because it's true
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 26, 2015
Ole
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by myqel(m): 10:29am On Mar 26, 2015
*In Psquare's voice, I have a story;story...this na my story story story yeah
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Eastherbunny(m): 10:30am On Mar 26, 2015
After milking lagos try what else you want.

Sometimes people forget they came into this world naked.
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by joseph1832(m): 10:36am On Mar 26, 2015
Rose2014:
Old thieves you call the APC? Jonathan and his band of nitwits are what then? New thieves?

And the reason you gave about northerners ruling for 30 years shows you are among the people killing this country because you allow tribal and religious sentiment to guide your everyday doings!.

Nigeria will be better without the likes of you and your kind!.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Rose2014: 10:56am On Mar 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Old thieves you call the APC? Jonathan and his band of nitwits are what then? New thieves?

And the reason you gave about northerners ruling for 30 years shows you are among the people killing this country because you allow tribal and religious sentiment to guide your everyday doings!.

Why not give me a reason to continue supporting APC instead of insults?
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by midolian(m): 11:03am On Mar 26, 2015
Rose2014:

giving you a reason is like fetching water in a basket..Robots don't think, they act based on instructions. I av checked your last 10 posts, they are all the same.

1 Like

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Rose2014: 11:04am On Mar 26, 2015
midolian:
giving you a reason is like fetching water in a basket..Robots don't think, they act based on instructions. I av checked your last 10 posts, they are all the same.
Ok
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 26, 2015
Hmm
I know he's not as ambitious as he was portrayed

2 Likes

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by truefact: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2015
joseph1832:

No, nigeria will be better without the likes of you. myopic fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by joseph1832(m): 11:13am On Mar 26, 2015
Rose2014:

Insults? Your post reeks of sectarian/religious bigotry. You often don't know people who say what you said are the ones who deceive others and spread endless lies that continue to take us backward.

If you want reason(s) to support APC, how about this:
1: How come power has suddenly increase when its close to election.

2: How come PHCN tariff was reduced by half?

3: How come the Nigerian military are pulverizing Boko Haram when in the last six years, Boko Haram has been making a complete mockery of them.

4: How come we didn't see the FG punish those who took part in the immigration job scam that claimed the lives of many jobless youths?.

5: How come the FG reduce the price of petrol now when they could have done it way back?.

If you need more reason to support change lemme know...

Jonathan has his cohorts are tearing this country apart with their ineptitude! I believe you say the amount of dirty politics he played by trying to assassinate the character of Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi, you also notice the way Jonathan frequents lagos right and distributes dollars.

Any man who has performed don't need to do all this.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Rose2014: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Insults? Your post reeks of sectarian/religious bigotry. You often don't know people who say what you said are the ones who deceive others and spread endless lies that continue to take us backward.

If you want reason(s) to support APC, how about this:
1: How come power has suddenly increase when its close to election.

2: How come PHCN tariff was reduced by half?

3: How come the Nigerian military are pulverizing Boko Haram when in the last six years, Boko Haram has been making a complete mockery of them.

4: How come we didn't see the FG punish those who took part in the immigration job scam that claimed the lives of many jobless youths?.

5: How come the FG reduce the price of petrol now when they could have done it way back?.

If you need more reason to support change lemme know...

Jonathan has his cohorts are tearing this country apart with their ineptitude! I believe you say the amount of dirty politics he played by trying to assassinate the character of Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi, you also notice the way Jonathan frequents lagos right and distributes dollars.

Any man who has performed don't need to do all this.
Ok let's assume you're right and Jona is devil himself but you still haven't given me a reason to go back to APC
Attacking Jonathan is not enough to vote Buhari.
What does APC have to offer Nigeria? That's the part I'm interested in

1 Like

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by joseph1832(m): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2015
truefact:

You don't say? Judging by your comment, Nigeria is already in jeopardy because the likes of you occupy Aso Rock!. You inconsequential buffoon!.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Rose2014: 11:18am On Mar 26, 2015
truefact:

Ouch!

Hi 5 jare
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by joseph1832(m): 11:20am On Mar 26, 2015
Rose2014:

Ok let's assume you're right and Jona is devil himself but you still haven't given me a reason to go back to APC
Attacking Jonathan is not enough to vote Buhari.
What does APC have to offer Nigeria? That's the part I'm interested in
Wouldn't it be prudent to see what Buhari has to offer? After all, Jonathan has already shown us just who and what he is capable of!.

Say Buhari wins and by 2019, he proves he's no better than Jonathan, I will be the first to vote against him!. Its that simple, no sentiment attached.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Kingspin(m): 11:22am On Mar 26, 2015
Old men hunting for power, i wonder where we the youth will going- we need to do away with these old men who even failed their generation.
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Rose2014: 11:27am On Mar 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Wouldn't it be prudent to see what Buhari has to offer? After all, Jonathan has already shown us just who and what he is capable of!.

Say Buhari wins and by 2019, he proves he's no better than Jonathan, I will be the first to vote against him!. Its that simple, no sentiment attached.
While I agree that Jonathan's admin has not been at its best, Buhari is not an option. On top of his age with no certificate & religious/tribal bigotry, Checkout his advisers/followers
Obj, Tinubu, IBB, Atiku....... And u think he'll fight corruption?

I stand for change but there's no way the guys I see in APC will be the change I need

APC should've fielded someone else
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by GOATandYAMtheory: 11:30am On Mar 26, 2015
Jagaban, ride on..you don't need to defend yourself.. We are with you

#TeamCHANGE
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by joseph1832(m): 11:43am On Mar 26, 2015
Rose2014:

While I agree that Jonathan's admin has not been at its best, Buhari is not an option. On top of his age with no certificate & religious/tribal bigotry, Checkout his advisers/followers
Obj, Tinubu, IBB, Atiku....... And u think he'll fight corruption?

I stand for change but there's no way the guys I see in APC will be the change I need

APC should've fielded someone else
Yes they should have! But who else has the cult followership to match PDP to too to than Buhari. He singlehandedly opened a political party six moths prior to election and still went one on one with the PDP.

Ceteris paribus, my candidate would have been Martin Onovo of the NCP but you and I know he will not even win his own local government council talkess of getting 25% of a state vote!.

The viable option is Buhari!. Let I said if he proves to be no better than Jonathan, then by 2019, he will find himself in the same position Jonathan is today.

Remember good and bad often need to join hands to defeat evil. And evil is what Jonathan is. Anyman who would sit idle and watch people get slaughtered and do nothing about it is evil, and even when he choose to do something about it, it must be in every way to favour him. What kind of man is that?!!!.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Rose2014: 11:49am On Mar 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Yes they should have! But who else has the cult followership to match PDP to too to than Buhari. He singlehandedly opened a political party six moths prior to election and still went one on one with the PDP.

Ceteris paribus, my candidate would have been Martin Onovo of the NCP but you and I know he will not even win his own local government council talkess of getting 25% of a state vote!.

The viable option is Buhari!. Let I said if he proves to be no better than Jonathan, then by 2019, he will find himself in the same position Jonathan is today.

Remember good and bad often need to join hands to defeat evil. And evil is what Jonathan is. Anyman who would sit idle and watch people get slaughtered and do nothing about it is evil, and even when he choose to do something about it, it must be in every way to favour him. What kind of man is that?!!!.

Fair enough
But have you wondered why the killings started in the first place? Why do the Northerners think that ruling is their birthright? And remember even Buhari was against unleashing terror on BH
I may be wrong but I don't think Buhari(a sympathizer) would've done anything serious to BH. However the only difference is that there would be no BH under Buhari as long a northern Muslim is president.
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by joseph1832(m): 11:56am On Mar 26, 2015
Rose2014:

Fair enough
But have you wondered why the killings started in the first place? Why do the Northerners think that ruling is their birthright? And remember even Buhari was against unleashing terror on BH
I may be wrong but I don't think Buhari(a sympathizer) would've done anything serious to BH. However the only difference is that there would be no BH under Buhari as long a northern Muslim is president.
Do you remember what he Buhari did to the Mietasini people in 1983?. Lemme tell you this, Buhari is not responsible for Boko Haram. Its pretty obvious you don't understand the mind set of northerners and you've not lived there before.

The killings (Boko Haram) started as a result of the northern negligence of checking evil/ wrong doing. When Boko Haram started, the were ignored by the northerners because they only attack christians and others, over time, they got bold as a result of GEJ's ineptitude and went on full fledge rampage. Now they can't distinguish between friend and foe!.

1 Like

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Rose2014: 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Do you remember what he Buhari did to the Mietasini people in 1983?. Lemme tell you this, Buhari is not responsible for Boko Haram. Its pretty obvious you don't understand the mind set of northerners and you've not lived there before.

The killings (Boko Haram) started as a result of the northern negligence of checking evil/ wrong doing. When Boko Haram started, the were ignored by the northerners because they only attack christians and others, over time, they got bold as a result of GEJ's ineptitude and went on full fledge rampage. Now they can't distinguish between friend and foe!.
He may not be responsible for BH but his utterances are usually in sympathy for them.
Now the northern elders/Muslims could not call their boys to order when it started. And then Buhari's defeat plus utterances here and there(from same elders) made things go out of hand. Ok imagine Buhari even once said 'war on BH is war on the North'

Honestly I would vote for the candidate u mentioned or Fashola etc for president/change but not Buhari. It's too much of a risk to take
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by joseph1832(m): 12:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
Rose2014:

He may not be responsible for BH but his utterances are usually in sympathy for them.
Now the northern elders/Muslims could not call their boys to order when it started. And then Buhari's defeat plus utterances here and there(from same elders) made things go out of hand. Ok imagine Buhari even once said 'war on BH is war on the North'

Honestly I would vote for the candidate u mentioned or Fashola etc for president/change but not Buhari. It's too much of a risk to take
Why didn't the Niger Delta elders/christians call the Niger Delta militants to order?.

There is no need debating with you anymore. Your mind has already been made up!.

Here's some free advice. Never vote for a person using sentiment. The effect can be disastrous!.

1 Like

Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by midolian(m): 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Why didn't the Niger Delta elders/christians call the Niger Delta militants to order?.

There is no need debating with you anymore. Your mind has already been made up!.

Here's some free advice. Never vote for a person using sentiment. The effect can be disastrous!.
As I posted earlier, trying to convince his/her likes is a complete waste of time..cos as u rightly said, their mindz are already made up.
Re: I Gave Up My VP Ambition To Save APC – Tinubu by Ojiofor: 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
Thief.nubu can't win elective post at national level and he knows it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians! Mind What You Say!!! / APC House Reps For Katsina Hon Sheikh Umar Abubakar Is Dead / Can This Be The State Of Douglas Road, Owerri - Rochas Please Do Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.