Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,091 members, 7,863,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:13 AM

Why Do Men Beat Women? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Beat Women? (3624 Views)

Migrant Caught Raping A Chinese Woman, Chinese Men Beat Him Unconcious (video) / Why Do Men Patronize Prostitutes? (Video) / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Candyness(f): 12:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
joychioma19:
we have dated for 3years and we are now engaged,part of the marrige rite have been done.he has never shouted at me,but yesterday I got the shock of my life.I suspected he was cheating because he calls the girl each time he goes to work,I confronted him,out of anger I hit his hand and he beat me.though he apologized that night. but I haven't really forgiven him,I don't know what to do.he is really a nice man,but the thought of that night breaks me into two. Adebayo.

Men who beat women lack self confidence. A real man walks

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by woky: 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vickybee:

All men are not cheat. Atleast, I know of my dad and boyfriend. undecided
Lol

so u get boyfriend wey no dy cheat.. Good for U. grin
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
saintaustine:
Then You Are Not Ready For A Relationship, But anyway, Better Wait Till When You Are Truly In It.

Sorry to burst your bubble, i'm in an understanding relationship.

You can keep cheating on your girlfriend, mine doesn't do that.
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by saintaustine(m): 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vickybee:

To remain single is not a curse. wink
So You May Say For Now, But In Old Age You will Totally Agree That Indeed, It Is A Curse.
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
woky:
Lol

so u get boyfriend wey no dy cheat.. Good for U. grin
We are both Virgin. tongue
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Exjoker(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
KashyBaby:
Dont let him hit u again...
What is she suppose to do next time; Retaliate? I guess you should advice her to stop looking for trouble next. Why hit him Some girls ehn! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
saintaustine:
So You May Say For Now, But In Old Age You will Totally Agree That Indeed, It Is A Curse.
Don't equate your medieval mentality with mine.

Thanks
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by woky: 12:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vickybee:

Lol

who ask u?? undecided
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by akinsadeez(m): 12:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
There is something else to this story though. How can a girl just hit a man's hand and next thing is for him to beat her up without any prior issue between them. That means his tolerance level is low. A real man should be able to curb his temper before it gets to the point of beating up his lady. At best he should walk away. I think you should think long and hard before proceeding with that marriage. I feel if he was truly not cheating his reaction would have been different.
Now you have a case of a man who may be a cheat and at the same time may be violent. That is a very bad combination. Once they start beating you, its often hard for them to stop. If you can be happy with his apologies after every beating then go ahead.
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Enockia(m): 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
falconey:

how do you suggest she do that?

by bein reasonable next time she has issues to address wit him
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by saintaustine(m): 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vickybee:

Sorry to burst your bubble, i'm in an understanding relationship.

You can keep cheating on your girlfriend, mine doesn't do that.
. Don't Be So Full Of Confidence. A Man Can Change Within Seconds. Am Not Praying ill For You, But It Is Natural In 96% Of Men, And Mostly, When A Relationship is Advancing.
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
akinsadeez:
There is something else to this story though. How can a girl just hit a man's hand and next thing is for him to beat her up without any prior issue between them. That means his tolerance level is low. A real man should be able to curb his temper before it gets to the point of beating up his lady. At best he should walk away. I think you should think long and hard before proceeding with that marriage. I feel if he was truly not cheating his reaction would have been different.
Now you have a case of a man who may be a cheat and at the same time may be violent. That is a very bad combination. Once they start beating you, its often hard for them to stop. If you can be happy with his apologies after every beating then go ahead.
thanks so much,I was so shocked and suprissed.each time I close my eyes I still see that incident. I don't know what to do.
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by saintaustine(m): 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vickybee:

. Then you still be learner, You are Proud That Your Guy, Who Is A Virgin can not Cheat on You. I Laugh. Why don't You Let Him Have His Way And Let's See Who Will Laugh Last.
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by saintaustine(m): 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vickybee:

Don't equate your medieval mentality with mine.

Thanks
. You Still Be Smally, Grow Up
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by klark3: 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2015
joychioma19:
we have dated for 3years and we are now engaged,part of the marrige rite have been done.he has never shouted at me,but yesterday I got the shock of my life.I suspected he was cheating because he calls the girl each time he goes to work,I confronted him,out of anger I hit his hand and he beat me.though he apologized that night. but I haven't really forgiven him,I don't know what to do.he is really a nice man,but the thought of that night breaks me into two. Adebayo.
Why do women always fail to acknowledge their position as d weaker sex? no matter how fierce a lioness may look, it can never equal d cheerful disposition of a lion.

Men were made to be more aggressive than women, women were supposed to be more tolerant, because of their role as a mother, but today, d converse is d case, women are quick to insult, slap, hit a man, when they know fully well dat they can't match a man when it comes to physical combat. Do to others what u would do to urself.

From what I can deduce from ur story, u incited d rift, why did u hit his hand in d first place? u should have confronted him without allowing it to degenerate into physical altercation. his action was as a result of ur action, u instigated d punch-up by hitting him, u have no reason or whatsoever to hit him, since u knw u wouldn't want him to hit u either, moreover ur suspicion is still on a baseless perspective.

I will advise u to forgive him wholeheartedly, because ur move prompted him to act d way he did, & I believe any reasonable man would have done same. Don't mar ur relationship on account of a baseless, improbable suspicion...

@least u knw u are not dating a weak man. .....remember we are naturally inclined not to value what we have, until we lose them....

Make politic ur watchword..
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2015
joychioma19:

Why did you hit his hand? undecided
How are we sure it is his hand you hit?
Didn't your fada/moda teach you to keep your hands to yourself during an argument?
Define beat. Did he simply slap you back after slapping him?

Next time, don't introduce physicality to a hot argument. Especially after, as women do, you have likely already began insulting him and his entire lineage.
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
Because the women let the men beat them. I wonder what would have happened if you had reported him to the police yeah relationship would have sank but then a cheater and a beater is that what you want?
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
joychioma19:
we have dated for 3years and we are now engaged,part of the marrige rite have been done.he has never shouted at me,but yesterday I got the shock of my life.I suspected he was cheating because he calls the girl each time he goes to work,I confronted him,out of anger I hit his hand and he beat me.though he apologized that night. but I haven't really forgiven him,I don't know what to do.[b]he is really a nice man,[/b]but the thought of that night breaks me into two. Adebayo.

How can a nice man be cheating on you and when you ask him he beats you. Is this what nice looks like to you?
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
joychioma19:

You must be stu-ip to generalise

I guess your father,brother and all the males in your family also beat their women also....

So because your frustrated husband to be cheat and beat you now means all men cheat.....

Women always like playing the victim
He cheat on you what stopping you from walking away....
Nobody should quote me with insults or else
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Cutedwag(m): 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vickybee:
Personally, I think you made a mistake raising your hands on him.

I, myself won't take it lightly with any man or woman that hit me.

I'll never forgive any guy that cheat on me. Our relationship will end that day.

lol... If am that nigg, and you find out mistakenly that i cheated on you, dont be surprise you'll be the one come apologizing again

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
Cutedwag:
lol... If am that nigg, and you find out mistakenly that i cheated on you, dont be surprise you'll be the one come apologizing again
Lol, I have a self esteem. undecided
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Cutedwag(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vickybee:

Lol, I have a self esteem. undecided
lol.... Self esteem? Oh, you forgot love is blind
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
Cutedwag:
lol.... Self esteem? Oh, you forgot love is blind
I guess love blindens only females.
SMH
Re: Why Do Men Beat Women? by Cutedwag(m): 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vickybee:

I guess love blindens only females.
SMH
lol.... Likewise we guys... But my case with ya, just gonna be different wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Nigerian Policeman Was Hot! / 3 Last Romantic Questions For The Ladies... / WTF !!! Eating Vagina Cures Cancer (proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.