Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North (1390 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Writes To Congratulate Trump On His Inaguaration / ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation / President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by agriboom: 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
My Dear Arewa Brothers and Sisters,

I write you today, as President and a firm believer in the value and significance of the strategic political alliance between the South-South geo-political zone and the three geo-political zones in the Northern part of our country. In my every act as President of Nigeria, I have been consistently driven by a total commitment to ensuring the nurturing of this age-old alliance in the larger interest of our dear nation’s enduring peace, stability, growth and development.

I do understand that my first duty to you, at this time, is to rid the entire North of the menace of Boko Haram and secure your lives and property. You and I know that nothing in Nigeria’s past prepared us for the unprecedented reign of unmitigated terror, mayhem, and destruction which these murderous terrorists have visited on parts of our country. The initial slowness in effectively responding to this threat was a result of both the asymmetrical nature of the war on terror and the need for us to properly equip our security agencies for the successful prosecution of the war.

Given the recent successes recorded by our armed forces, with your cooperation and patriotic support, the cooperation of our neighbors, as well as the laudable gallantry of the men and women of our security agencies, I am confident that, in the shortest possible time, the menace of Boko Haram would have been eliminated for good.

My brothers and sisters, your pain is my pain; while there is no way to replace life, we must find ways to soothe the pains of our fellow Nigerians and rebuild the lives of persons and communities affected by these brutal murderers. The painful case of our daughters abducted from Chibok continues to ache my heart. I assure you that I will not relent until these innocent girls are rescued and reunited with their families. While commending you for your prayers, I am confident that, with the help of Almighty Allah we will totally defeat and put to shame these evildoers and their collaborators.

I am sure that you share with me the belief that, without the will of God in Whose Hands power resides, I would never have been your President nor will/ continue to be so in the future. Because Nigeria is today in desperate need of stability, I plead with you to join me in building on the foundation of the traditional affiance between us which has always served to keep Nigeria one strong, united and prosperous nation. My loyalty to my boss late President Yar’ Adua and the greatness of the Arewa/South-South alliance under him is a well-known testimony to this tradition.

In the past four years, I have remained faithful to our old alliance especially in the appointments of your sons and daughters to high political offices. In addition, I have worked hard to reverse the over 30 years neglect of Agriculture in Northern Nigeria; address the challenge of Education through the establishment of dedicated Almajiri schools and the establishment of Universities in the nine Northern States that did not have Federal Universities; reduce the death rate of mothers and babies during birth, give loans to start-up businesses, restore abandoned irrigation and hydro-power projects, repair the bad roads and re-build the railway system which is the most viable access for your goods to the rest of Nigeria and the world.

With gratitude to God, I ask you for the chance to rebuild the North East, restore the economy and grains pyramids of Northern Nigeria so that these trains we just brought back can carry your bags of grains to Lagos, Port Harcourt and Onitsha. My vision and commitment is not to just move the grains but to also process our agro produce in the North of our country. It is impossible for me to achieve these great things if you do not support me and worse still if you refuse to work with me.

I urge you to disregard the politicians who abuse my person and cause hatred against my government by telling lies that I denied Arewa power and am arming Boko Haram. This government that I head means well for this country. I am committed to the development of the North. I am totally committed to the unity of this country. 2019 is just four years away and it is only with PDP that the vision of rotating power to the North can be guaranteed. I urge you to stand with PDP. I pray that you recall where we are coming from and how I became President in the first instance. Weigh what your younger generations under the PDP can offer you in the already approaching 2019. Only the PDP can offer a safe 2019 power shift to the North.

May God Almighty Bless you and may God continue to bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

http://opinionriver.com/a-sincere-letter-from-president-goodluck-jonathan-to-the-north/

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ok. Pergury is a criminal offence.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
cool
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by Eggcelent(m): 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
Is this true? Is it not too late? And most importantly, will it make any difference in the outcome of the election?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by thepatroit: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
If this letter is for real, then I'm sorry to say that it MIGHT be too late.

Looking back, I'm amazed at the turn of events lately. In 2011, Buhari contesting for the presidential election was like a joke. People didn't want to even hear his name. It was only my cousin who voted for him in my entire area. I remember staying up till the early hours of the morning, watching the pdp primaries and jubilating when Gej won it. There were shouts of joy when he finally won the election.

Fast forward to four years later. ALMOST everyone is clamoring for this same Buhari that was rejected. Why? If I were Gej, I'd bow my head in shame and do a sober reflection. He should ask himself questions. Why do some Nigerians now want Buhari? Did he, GEJ, campaign so desperately last time? I remember friends of mine who campaigned for him on social media and everywhere without receiving a dime. Everyone believed in him. He was given Nigeria on a platter of gold but he messed up the opportunity. We loved him with all of our hearts yet he failed us. I know he tried to an extent but the fact that a large percentage of Nigerians are clamoring for the person they once rejected instead of him ought to make him resign peacefully. But we all know how naija is.

May God's will be done. Amen

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by tp10: 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
oga jona, time to go
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by agriboom: 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
saw this and thought to share, if it's real then that last paragraph is a disaster! It could be a fake but then it's gej/PDP, anything is possible cheesy
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
Vote for Buhari does not guarantee return of power to the north

The courts may still declare Buhari intelligible

Hence if Buhari wins PDP may be cleared winner anyway (which means 4 more years of power in the south) or if it is possible constitutionally for the VP elect to take over then that's potential 8 more years of power in Tinubu's hands!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by aresa: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
Stupid man and his wife playing good cop, bad cop. You write silly essay to the North while your idiotic, bigoted and thoughtless wife insults, abuse and ridicule the same north everyday.

Despicable clowns. Your time is up. .
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by aresa: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
mikeansy:
Vote for Buhari does not guarantee return of power to the north

The courts may still declare Buhari intelligible

Hence if Buhari wins PDP may be cleared winner anyway (which means 4 more years of power in the south) or if it is possible constitutionally for the VP elect to take over then that's potential 8 more years of power in Tinubu's hands!

It's perfectly ok to dream, dreaming is cheap and even cost nothing so dream away. ..
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by 99100(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
Lets all come together and vote GEJ.
#GEJ till 2019#
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Writes North by mrvitalis(m): 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
pls remember to write the west too.....

the day u lost obj .....ameachi.....kwankwaso support was ur undoing

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Should Demand For Resource Control. / FG Commences Privatisation Of Nigerian Railway / Saudi Arabia To Recruit 8 New Executioners As Beheading Rate Soars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.