Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,885 members, 7,851,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Pls Asseess The Power Sector, Months After Being Sold To A Cartel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls Asseess The Power Sector, Months After Being Sold To A Cartel (309 Views)

Free Fruits Donated By Saudi Arabia To Nigerian IDPs Being Sold In Markets.Photo / Okonjo-iweala To Buhari: You Must Do Something About Oil Cartel / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Asseess The Power Sector, Months After Being Sold To A Cartel by nickxtra(m): 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
I think this is really pathetic for the Nigerian masses, that months after the present Nigerian government unbundled and sold out the different arms in the power sector to some inidividuals and firms, the power situation instead of improving, keeps detoriating. More worrisome is the fact that even without providing power for the consumers, these private sector cartel, whom many believe are cronies and sympathizers of the ruling party PDP, swell their accounts to the tune of 750 Naira monthly per. 'Nepa' meter/account, which they christened fixed charge, exploited forcefully from the Nigerian masses, whether there is light or not. Another interesting dimension to this, is that the government keeps pampering these firms to the extent that it gave or 'dashed' them billions of Naira recently for no just cause. The question is now, are these private sector led power cartel adding value to the power sector or they are out to milk Nigerians dry? Has there been any significant improvment in the sector,compare to the manner that tarrif is increased at any slight opportunity? To my mind, the above questions deserve NO, instead what we experience now, is overzealous firms forcing bills from hapless consumers and running to banks without a commensurate value to the comsumers.
Re: Pls Asseess The Power Sector, Months After Being Sold To A Cartel by aklosx(m): 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
well well well

(1) (Reply)

Cast Ur Vote Wisely... "APC Mockery Forum" / The Good Old Times Of General Buhari / Arm Robbers @ Ondo State Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.