Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

God Works In Mysterious Ways - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / God Works In Mysterious Ways (1090 Views)

Taxi Driver Welcomes Chinese Baby With Wife Who Works In A Chinese Company. / Mysterious: Nigerian Family In London Gives Birth To "White" Baby / John Fatoye Is Missing. Works In Lekki (pics) (2) (3) (4)

God Works In Mysterious Ways by flinton(m): 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
30yrs ago my parents tied their nuptial knot, both are learned and knew the importance of hemoglobin genotyping. After giving birth to 5 offsprings it was discovered that both parties were genotyically same, they were both AS, most dreaded combination. I never took the revelation serious until now. I graduated as a medical laboratory scientist, I decided to confirm their genotype, lo and behold they are same!
In my few years of practise I have encountered sickle cell disease patients and the trauma they pass through, it is heart-wrenching. Families broken apart, love lost, because of genotype mis-match.
I was lost in thought in my office, so many stuffs ran through my mind, had it been me or one of my siblings was unlucky to be a 'sickler'? What would we have done? I simply had to say a big THANK YOU to THE ALMIGHTY.
HE fights many unseen battles for us, no matter your condition as long as you wake up every morning and you are able to breath it's enough to say THANK YOU to your CREATOR. I will forever be grateful to HIM for saving my family from this costly mistake, HE indeed works in mysterious ways

Re: God Works In Mysterious Ways by zeb04(f): 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2015
Thank God for you.
Re: God Works In Mysterious Ways by MARKone(m): 7:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
Congratulations. not every body is as lucky as you and your siblings. Genotype should be the first thing couples should consider before saying I do.
Re: God Works In Mysterious Ways by angelTI(f): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
Wonderful God
Re: God Works In Mysterious Ways by Dyt(f): 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
Lucky
Lucky
Lucky

*dancing to ilu bata*

Re: God Works In Mysterious Ways by flinton(m): 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
zeb04:
Thank God for you.
MARKone:
Congratulations. not every body is as lucky as you and your siblings. Genotype should be the first thing couples should consider before saying I do.
Very important, genotyping is not to b toyed wif
angelTI:
Wonderful God
He is wonderful indeed
Dyt:
Lucky
Lucky
Lucky
*dancing to ilu bata*
Damn lucky
Biko Wat is ilu Bata? smiley
Re: God Works In Mysterious Ways by 1dafullymade(f): 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
oh dear..a hearty congratulations to ur entire family...How I so wish ds is the testimony of all AS/AS couples out there....buh, I can only wish *sigh*.....
Re: God Works In Mysterious Ways by greatgod2012(f): 2:38am On Mar 27, 2015
@op, Sooo happy for you guys.

However, not every AS/AS couple like that can be so lucky as your parents had been, so, it shouldn't be encouraged.

So, to all SS(single and searching), before your love/relationship becomes "i can't do without him/her", go for genotype test.
Re: God Works In Mysterious Ways by Richy4(m): 4:25am On Mar 27, 2015
That a good news. I am happy for you.

See The Car That Killed US President, Obama’s Father In Kenya / Natural Way To Completely Manage Your Diabetes. / Pre-wedding Picture