Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC (26488 Views)

DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code-apc / DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code / DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by nkemdi89(f): 8:08am On Mar 27, 2015
All trash mtcheeeew, Apc and their lies desperate for power because they most of the Apc thiefs knows what is at stake when jonathan wins. Dss is not a political organisation so Apc stay clear for them.
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by slap1(m): 8:19am On Mar 27, 2015
All these lies...fear God, people.

1 Like

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by chekasforchekas: 8:22am On Mar 27, 2015
netmillionaires:

did U read the article? The musa guy owns or works in the company which gives him the privilege to know about the workings of the card. He is under client confidential pact to keep his mouth shut. How best can U find info about the card other than to force the manufacturer of the card to divulge information. Even USA do summon facebook and google owners just to get confidential information about some users' accounts. To forcefully do it is wrong.
Note he was giving a contract to supply a a PV card reader to INEC, which he delivered right, what I will like to know now is, how on earth will I give you a contract to supply me a card reader, knowing fully well that you will deliver it with the manuals/program aka the black box. The question now is, if you are the INEC will you accept a ball box that is not sealed, a Bo that has been tampered with. Please teach me.
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by tushburg(m): 8:24am On Mar 27, 2015
I used to believe apc Before but they have proven to be unbelievable...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Pins(m): 8:24am On Mar 27, 2015
The DSS is not going to be stopped from doing their jobs.There must be a reason for detaining the man and also it is the dss job to make sure they know all the cyber security details of the country for the case of national security but unfortunately they arrested the wrong person,the man is just a business man who owns the company but the real person to be arrested and detained is the programmer whom developed the encryption algorithm and i know for sure that ithe programmer is not in Nigeria.
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Ruqui(f): 8:36am On Mar 27, 2015
emmabest2000:
Hmmm...

GOODLUCK Till 2019 shekina tongue
what a pity...bros not Shekina abeg...na #Shikena. GMB all the way!!!
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by naijatruth: 8:37am On Mar 27, 2015
timilehing:
Tomorrow's election is gonna be great for APC, do you know why? It's the last Saturday of the month=Sanitation day in all states. Unfortunately for PDP, umbrellas are not used for Sanitation. It's gonna be a nationwide campaign while election is going on. People are going to see the advantages of brooms over umbrella

#GMB all the way
Remember that we are in raining season, and broom does not triumph over umbrella in rain. UMBRELLA is d key. So, match forward for GEJ

1 Like

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 27, 2015
IDES OF MARCH.
In themselves, days are days, until events happen and give them the mark of remembrances. Like yesterday, today would seem like tomorrow and the boring series of normalcy would continue.

The subject of the news has been constantly depressing; one would think that a pharmaceutical company selling mostly Prozac has decided to sponsor what we now call the news of the day.
Nigeria is on the march again. Only this time, the government has decided to make the punch line make more sense. The reasons for the shift are ludicrous but the history of the Nigerian state supports it. As such, the outrage was minimal as expected. In another 3 weeks, Nigerians will be giving the opportunity to select between an incumbent who is said to be good but incompetent and an ex dictator who everybody wants to trust. There is no better example of an illusion of choice. As a state whose history is a trail of bad blood, suppressed discontent and noise, one honestly hopes that we would get it right. But, can we?

A 5 minute conversation with a voter will depress you. If democracy rests on the belief that those involved in the decision making process are intelligent enough, should there not be a caveat or a slightly adjusted version for countries where the educational system produces graduates that are unemployable? And youths who look forward to the legal drinking age than the voting age? Or worse, youths who prefer to discuss football and music than the Nigerian economy? If a democracy cannot get a people to concentrate and carry out reasonable discuss on the important things, is it still one? How do you reconcile that enormous gap in ignorance? Be that as it may, we still carry on. A good number of some of us are undecided. It is fair to understand why.

Let us explain it this way: "on undecided Voters,; to put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. "Can I interest you in the chicken"? She asks. "Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it"? To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken was cooked.
Beware the ides of March, a new fool might emerge in April and if you May, acknowledge him. Understand the gaps and allow yourself the excuse to exclude. If you can, enjoy that terrible tyranny of the majority but, by all means, I beg you, choose wisely.

Beware the ides of March, freedom is not that easy to come by, but once in a while, it is caught stranded. Futures are secured by leaders who have the audacity to make laws that make them less powerful. The next president has in his hands, the opportunity to make or mar this nation for good. Are the choices choosy enough? Would the benevolence of fate make room for the placement of good fortune? Do we need leaders who would prefer to incite violence than provoke peace? Are we not tired of the madness?

Beware the ides of March, ask questions, puncture holes and fill them with reasonable discontent. Basic amenities should not be a bench mark for good governance.

Any democracy that triumphs in the spreading of distractions is a fickle one. Would you not shawkee for one second and inquire about what happens? What sort of society are you building for your kids? “If you are a part of a society that votes, then do so. There may be no candidates and no measures you want to vote for... but there are certain to be ones you want to vote against. In case of doubt, vote against. By this rule, you will rarely be wrong”.

(c) Igenebga.
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by davinchi86(m): 8:41am On Mar 27, 2015
Creamz:
Our security agencies have turned to an extended arm of the PDP family. Just too bad. I just wish Nigerians keep sentiments aside and vote for Change. The government of President Jonathan has failed to meet up to expectations. No jobs for our youths, no stable light, high cases of corruption. Abba Moro still a minister after the Immigration job scam and some people want to still vote for him?. Like they say "only a fool will charge his phone with N50 and come here to say GEJ till 2019". I voted for President Jonathan in 2011, but this time, NEVER AGAIN. I am voting for change

Vote Buhari for a better future
No Violence Just Vote
shut ur trap we dnt need ur vote stupid apshit
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Sovet: 8:45am On Mar 27, 2015
lies. . how did u know the contractor who did d job....northerner I thought INEC said their contractor were foreign firms....JEGA lying.. I use believe APC b4 but Neva again... just liars staring up trouble within cows in northern Nigeria
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by mavinc4u(f): 8:46am On Mar 27, 2015
Acidosis:
This message is directed to all peace loving Nigerians. There is something about that word "Sai-Buhari."

At the shout of that name; all sane Nigerians become insane, blood pressures rise; tentacles grow from the skull; and teeth begin to gnash!

Stay safe Nigerians! Sai Buhari is synonymous to VIOLENCE; wherever & whenever that name is called; what follows is VIOLENCE.

Nairaland was peaceful until we started seeing these words; Lagos was peaceful until "SAI BUHARI"

Do you even know the main activator of the 2011 post election violence? Fellow Nigerians, watch the video on YouTube and tell me what you hear!

We've seen people destroying banners and simultaneously chanting "SAI-BUHARI." That name give them the energy and tenacity to kill, steal and destroy.

"SAI-BUHARI" will result to loss of lives on Saturday, 28th. When you hear that name; grab your voter card and run for your dear life.

Acidosis

My dear, I don't think is only GMB that has that Sai greetings. I really wonder what our youths have turned into. Please what exactly is Sai because I could only get this message below online
The sai (釵) is a traditional weapon used in the Okinawan martial arts. The basic form of the weapon is that of a pointed, prong shaped metal baton, with two curved prongs (yoku) projecting from the handle (tsuka). There are many types of sai with varying prongs for trapping and blocking.

How sure are we about this story or is it the case of the hunter becoming the haunted

1 Like

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by ojnnaco(m): 8:49am On Mar 27, 2015
Association of Perfect Criminals(APC) and noise everyday .. Well we are getting use to it.. Continue.. Gej all d way
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by ojaydedon(m): 8:52am On Mar 27, 2015
goldman777:

sai buhari
sai baba the new house of change

sai gej
kai buhari
grin grin
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by janeteubena: 8:53am On Mar 27, 2015
Ishilove:
This election will be bloody...

The election wouldn't be bloody in Jesus name. Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 27, 2015
This story is very true....I just spoke with the junior.brother
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Chamber10(m): 8:58am On Mar 27, 2015
APC always allege one thing or the other...Show us pictures of Sani Musa being tortured or keep quite abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by anwo247: 9:03am On Mar 27, 2015
Why give this kind of Job to Alhaji MUSA company? Why for God's sake?

Hmmm Jega, Jega, Jega, how many times did I call you?

No wonder they are insisting on card readers......

oya na. Namely. ..

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 27, 2015
Icecomrade:
JONATHAN NA BIG MUMU. NA EVEN ABOKI E GIVE CONTRACT TO SUPPLY PVC. THESE ABOKI LOYALIST.

THEM GO COMPROMISE THAT GUY FOR THE SAKE OF BUHARI.

JONATHAN NO EVEN GAIN ANYTHING DESPITE HIS AFFILIATION WITH THE NORTH. THEM DON ABANDON THE GUY MID-WAY

JONATHAN NO SABI, E NO UNDERSTAND POLITICS. THAT ONE NA FOR HIM POCKET.

1 Like

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by tunkuns: 9:27am On Mar 27, 2015
u shall b quoted one day
Ishilove:
This election will be bloody...
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Ishilove: 10:00am On Mar 27, 2015
tunkuns:
u shall b quoted one day
Quote me all you want. There's such a thing as 'metaphor'. You people shouldn't be so quick to comment on a post without first trying to decipher the real meaning.
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Caseless: 10:07am On Mar 27, 2015
Castos:
Till the DSS claims this report, all na propaganda
this shows u did not read the report before posting this trash. Didn't u see maryln ogar's response?
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by lastpage: 10:30am On Mar 27, 2015
timilehing:
Have you taken your drugs this morning?

He bought and took the "FAKE" of the Drug that Jonathan's brothers imported from d East! grin grin grin

Case beyond redemption! shocked

Lastpage!
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by hush15: 10:30am On Mar 27, 2015
netmillionaires:

u call people stark illiterates. Say it is all propaganda and u might be right cos nobody was there. But illiterate is not a nice word. Is there no barcode on the card? Yes, there is. If u av ever been to a supermarket u will know what barcode is for. A barcode will tell U the kind of item u buy;whether na fridge or na biscuits, its price and other information. If there is no encryption why will U need a card reader. It alright!

Pardon me for that word then. Its just upsetting to a country where graduates upon graduates are realeased every year and they can't simply discern what is feasible from what's not. I do apologize.

The barcode is on the card truly but the barcode is just a coding to verify if it is an inec card or not. It is not chipped neither does it come with any silicon whatever except the coding.

The real personality biometric check is the thumb printing which access a database to show you are the one voting. So why would a dss hold someone captive for that.

Its that simple and nothing so techy about the card. So let's reason it. Capture card supplier for what

If it was card reader machine, maybe cos that entails alittle more which again doesn't amount to another thing cos that card read, is nutin more than a complex barcode scanner.
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by seangy4konji: 10:30am On Mar 27, 2015
DSS people are clueless people...They do not know their work...

Act like dogs controlled to oppress people.
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by lastpage: 10:35am On Mar 27, 2015
mavinc4u:

My dear, I don't think is only GMB that has that Sai greetings. I really wonder what our youths have turned into. Please what exactly is Sai because I could only get this message below online
The sai (釵) is a traditional weapon used in the Okinawan martial arts. The basic form of the weapon is that of a pointed, prong shaped metal baton, with two curved prongs (yoku) projecting from the handle (tsuka). There are many types of sai with varying prongs for trapping and blocking.

How sure are we about this story or is it the case of the hunter becoming the haunted

Dont be so dumb!

Buhari is an Hausa man so why are you so dense as to interpret hi slanguage like he is Japanese?

Sai Buhari.... simply means "VOTE BUHARI" in his native, Nigerian-Hausa language.

Try go school small...... Street Hawking at a very early-early age .......is detrimental to your wellbeing.

No be only Okinawa..... na Nagasaki! grin grin

Lastpage
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by netmillionaires(m): 10:44am On Mar 27, 2015
chekasforchekas:
Note he was given a contract to supply a PV card reader to INEC, which he delivered. Right! what I will like to know now is, how on earth will I give you a contract to supply me a card reader, knowing fully well that you will deliver it with the manuals/program aka the black box. The question now is, if you are the INEC will you accept a ball box that is not sealed, a Box that has been tampered with. Please teach me.
OK I get ur point. But until we understand the definition of supply we can't really say much about their brokered deal. No one mentioned that the Card was tampered with. What we are saying is that he has knowledge of confidential stuff. Right! Now let's take it headon. If I have to say something I will say U are looking at the term supply from the narrow sense of the word. Supply in business terminology is a complex logistic term. To supply doesn't really mean I am a middle man. I.e that I have to go and buy it and deliver it as it is. That is a middleman understanding of supply. Supply can be made by a manufacturer of the product. It is like having a poultry farm and someone place an order that I should supply them with day old chicks. If they ask questions when I make the supply like what is the parent stock etc. I should be able to answer since I produce the chicks not that I order it and re-supply. If I manufacture a product, any company can order for supplies which I will take my time to manufacture and then send it to the company that make the order. U can't expect me to produce something and not know how I produce it. Even if I was asked to supply National ID card produced by Mastercard. I will still need to go to mastercard, place an order and ask for demonstration to be sure of what I am buying into so that I can confidently defend the product when I supply it to the final company. Whichever way we look at it I will still get knowledge of the working of the system...
Imagine someone ask Amazon to supply 1,000 VISA cards. Amazon might need to order the card from VISA card, rip the package open, and then use their own customized package with the AMAZON logo. It is not tamper. It is business strategy.
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by shaqhead: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2015
Sovet:
lies. . how did u know the contractor who did d job....northerner I thought INEC said their contractor were foreign firms....JEGA lying.. I use believe APC b4 but Neva again... just liars staring up trouble within cows in northern Nigeria
Theres a thread on d front Page where FFK is ranting about this same Sani Musa...could u pls com back and erase ds gibberish!
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by ybalogs(m): 10:58am On Mar 27, 2015
A few hours to presidential election, bear in mind that Nigeria is BIGGER than one Individual, With one Collective Responsibility we can make Nigeria Greater. Say no to political VIOLENCE vote not FIGHT, respect everybody's RIGHT and most importantly vote wisely also remember your favourite politician's child has a visa stamped Passport.
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by netmillionaires(m): 11:18am On Mar 27, 2015
hush15:

Pardon me for that word then. Its just upsetting to a country where graduates upon graduates are realeased every year and they can't simply discern what is feasible from what's not. I do apologize.

The barcode is on the card truly but the barcode is just a coding to verify if it is an inec card or not. It is not chipped neither does it come with any silicon whatever except the coding.

The real personality biometric check is the thumb printing which access a database to show you are the one voting. So why would a dss hold someone captive for that.

Its that simple and nothing so techy about the card. So let's reason it. Capture card supplier for what

If it was card reader machine, maybe cos that entails alittle more which again doesn't amount to another thing cos that card read, is nutin more than a complex barcode scanner.
Got your point. I can't vouch for INEC and its card reader project since I wasn't part of the mock election but what I do know is that QR code and BarCode function alike. I have a company ID card that can tell U which person from the company and which department access certain information just by using the card. I believe that if it is truely what I know of; Using the card alone will pull out all ur data from the database.
There is no chip on the card but there is a barcode which seems to suggest that there is no encryption on the card but the cardreader itself. A card reader is a machine with encryption code. If u can decode the machine it will tell u information about where the database is hosted and how to jack it. If the database is hosted online then jacking one database will mean I can upload fake PVC into the record. But if it is hosted offline then u will need to jack certain polling booth cardreader to be able to compromise that certain polling booth.
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by lastpage: 11:21am On Mar 27, 2015
hush15:

If it was card reader machine, maybe cos that entails a little more which again doesn't amount to another thing cos that card read, is nutin more than a complex barcode scanner.

Thank you for your contribution.

But TWO THINGS still bother me:

1.) WHY is it that most, if not ALL ALLEGATIONS made by the so-called "Lai Mohammed" and his APC goons, HAVE TURNED OUT TO BE TRUE AT THE END OF THE DAY?

And even more importantly,

2.) In the current climate of distrust when you expect "Security Apparatus" to be UPRIGHT, It is very SIGNIFICANT to observe that the D.G of the DSS, when asked whether they had one Alhaji Musa in their gallows, did not CATEGORICALLY SAY "NO"!

Instead, she went on a "tangent" and l quote the Report below:

Marylin Orga of DSS:

When contacted to confirm if Alhaji Sani Musa is in DSS custody, the spokesperson for the DSS Marilyn Ogar said: “I will not mention names of people. We have been mandated to do our job and that we will do.”

She added that: “It is election period and people cannot stop us from doing our job. We are not politicians, we will not be dragged into political issues.

Now, please tell me how an allegation of DETAINING SOMEONE is a Political issue?
It is just like when the Police dont want to say the truth, their Commissioner/Spokesman will either say "I am not on ground or We have not been briefed or I am not aware or some other stewpid and irrelevant excuse like that!

I mean, what is so difficult for the DSS Director to come out STRAIGHT and either ACCEPT or DENY that they have the man in their Custody?
Will that make APC win or make PDP lose the election?

It is when people saddle with very serious responsibility like "security", start acting "funny and suspicious" [/b]that Nigerians begin to "read meanings" into their statements, when they could just have killed the "story" there and then.

[b]But l guess that the woman was being very careful not to be DENY categorically because she knows it is THE TRUTH and eventually, the story will be vindicated. SHE DOES NOT WANT TO BE CAUGHT LYING!

Anyway, all these just points to a "lying President" who says he is not desperate but we see DESPERATION in all his actions!

Lastpage

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by lastpage: 11:21am On Mar 27, 2015
Finally, when people say Buhari is a dictator, that was over two decades ago and in a military Govt. Back then, he was a soldier man and Nigeria needed such person back then when Politicians were doing all sorts of rubbish... NPN shenanigans of those days. Now, he is a Democrat having imbibed Democratic values over the years

What do we call this PhD holder, elected in a Democracy, using ALL our security apparatus for his selfish interest and to haunt his perceived opponents? ?

*We all recall what Mathew Mbu did in Rivers State..... an dhow he has been commissioned by President Jonathan to come and "replay" it in Lagos! Anyone observing would have seen the rise in VIOLENCE in Lagos since Mathew Mbu became Commissioner of Police in Lagos!

*We recall how President Jonathan has been ARMING MILITANTS in the Niger Delta...... and in recent weeks, the OPC in Lagos and the SouthWest! No day passes without innocent people being murdered in Lagos and environs.
Reports showed OPC killed scores at Oshodi and Surulere yesterday and the "Jonathan-sponsored violence" continues.

*We all see how he has monopolized the National treasury such that 95% of adverts on all Media, is his own and his opponents have been stifled because they dont have the kind of unlimited cash he is spreading around .... but that is not Democracy, it is Corruption!
A disgraceful President is one that Openly throws Dollars at people, on the streets, knowing that the Naira is worthless in the forex market

*We all recall how this man politicise the Nigerian Army to the point that minion countries like Chad had to come to our aid, to defeat a rag-tag Boko haram.... with the avoidable loss of millions of lives and property!

I think this President Jonathan is beginning to come out in hos TRUE COLORS now.
He is worse than the worst Dictator in a Military Govt., our saving grace is just that he cant "fire a gun"!

We all know that "Second term" is always terrible for Politicians and that is when they know they are no longer (if they ever were!) accountable to ANYONE since they cant seek re-election again. Its like that all over the world.

If you think the last six years was bad..... just make the mistake of re-electing this "do-nothing" Jonathan again, and you will wonder what hit you for the next four years.

For people like me, we can live with "Whatever" shyte happens as l have a few "options" ......but l pity those who are less fortunate ...... unfortunately, they are the same ones who are bought with a few Naira/Dollar and are saying "Jonathan is Nigeria's best President" grin grin grin grin
......... and have to pay the ultimate price, over the next four years! cry cry

Let us remember, "As we lay our bed, so we will lie on it".

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mixed Reactions Trail Buhari’s Assets Declaration-PUNCH / Gov. Abiola Ajimobi Dares Olubadan Of Ibadan / Protests In Daura Over Imposition Of Fatuhu Muhammad As House Of Reps Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.