Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC (26502 Views)

DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code-apc / DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code / DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by lastpage: 11:35am On Mar 27, 2015
netmillionaires:

Got your point. I can't vouch for INEC and its card reader project since I wasn't part of the mock election but what I do know is that QR code and BarCode function alike. I have a company ID card that can tell U which person from the company and which department access certain information just by using the card. I believe that if it is truely what I know of; Using the card alone will pull out all ur data from the database.
There is no chip on the card but there is a barcode which seems to suggest that there is no encryption on the card but the cardreader itself. A card reader is a machine with encryption code. If u can decode the machine it will tell u information about where the database is hosted and how to jack it. If the database is hosted online then jacking one database will mean I can upload fake PVC into the record. But if it is hosted offline then u will need to jack certain polling booth cardreader to be able to compromise that certain polling booth.

Bless you for shedding more light on this.

I want to ask:

I have been approached once (l just laughed!) but many people l know, have been approached by PDP agents (I know the people and l know their party affiliation so no arguments on that) to get their PVC details, which they write down (Initially, they use to collect the PVC's and return it later....) ..and pay the people #750.

Can anyone else corroborate this...... or is it just happening in my area alone?

Then, l am wondering, why are they gathering these PVC details?
*What method have they discovered, that they can put these details to use?
I am not very savvy in "whats-Up" but l am wondering:
*Are they going to just clone PVCs'..... but what about the Thumb print?
*Are they going to hijack INEC Servers and upload their collected PVC data" to it, in which case it would look authentic since INCE also has those details as "original PVC's"?

Jega needs to be very wary of these desperate Politician who wants to win by Crook and RIGGING!.
recall that Police I.G is asking Nigerians to go home after voting....while INCE says "stay and monitor what goes on, Peacefully"?

Nigerians, please protect your VOTE, after Voting "wisely"!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by luggy(m): 11:49am On Mar 27, 2015
buhari is a detator. And jonathan is the man, we know
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by netmillionaires(m): 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
lastpage:

Bless you for shedding more light on this.

I want to ask:

I have been approached once (l just laughed!) but many people l know, have been approached by PDP agents (I know the people and l know their party affiliation so no arguments on that) to get their PVC details, which they write down (Initially, they use to collect the PVC's and return it later....) ..and pay the people #750.

Can anyone else corroborate this...... or is it just happening in my area alone?

Then, l am wondering, why are they gathering these PVC details?
*What method have they discovered, that they can put these details to use?
I am not very savvy in "whats-Up" but l am wondering:
*Are they going to just clone PVCs'..... but what about the Thumb print?
*Are they going to hijack INEC Servers and upload their collected PVC data" to it, in which case it would look authentic since INCE also has those details as "original PVC's"?

Jega needs to be very wary of these desperate Politician who wants to win by Crook and RIGGING!.
recall that Police I.G is asking Nigerians to go home after voting....while INCE says "stay and monitor what goes on, Peacefully"?

Nigerians, please protect your VOTE, after Voting "wisely"!

Lastpage!
U got the drill bro. These nigerians should wait until they get to polling booth and couldn't find their name... They think it is all about collect free #750 and then waka...
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by neonly: 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
Wht happen to d speech made by bua
MONKEYS ND ? WILL .........:.BLOOD lipsrsealed
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by yomalex(m): 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
hush15:

Guy, your PVC is no sim card. Aba!, you see microchip on it. Na wa o. It just like any card that is used for identity card. The way the info is being read is through the bar code stripe behind which is decoded and linked to a database revealing you profile. What is the hacking in that.

Am an IT professional and I understand the workings of the cards. So let none bobo you.

Your PVC has a micro chip truly, story for the gods...

I did not say it is/was a SiM card. Any side of the card can be read by the card reader
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Jonathan has really bitten more than he can chew!!

But no matter what Buhari will still have the day

no man can Change what God has written!!
Which God wrote? Abeggi!
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by melvin0004(m): 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
kyrios:
if them like make them arrest buhari you know what
#IHAVEDECIDED
sai baba
I tire 4 apc with lies n propaganda. .....I pity der supporters....
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by Jaypea98: 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
yomalex:
we are not talking of PIN we are talking of encryption code. If you have it you can rewrite or make useless
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by hush15: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2015
lastpage:

Thank you for your contribution.

But TWO THINGS still bother me:

1.) WHY is it that most, if not ALL ALLEGATIONS made by the so-called "Lai Mohammed" and his APC goons, HAVE TURNED OUT TO BE TRUE AT THE END OF THE DAY?[/b
And even more importantly,

2.) In the current climate of distrust when you expect "Security Apparatus" to be UPRIGHT, It is very SIGNIFICANT to observe that the D.G of the DSS, when asked whether they had one Alhaji Musa in their gallows, [b]did not CATEGORICALLY SAY "NO"!

Instead, she went on a "tangent" and l quote the Report below:

Now, please tell me how an allegation of DETAINING SOMEONE is a Political issue?
It is just like when the Police dont want to say the truth, their Commissioner/Spokesman will either say "I am not on ground or We have not been briefed or I am not aware or some other stewpid and irrelevant excuse like that!

I mean, what is so difficult for the DSS Director to come out STRAIGHT and either ACCEPT or DENY that they have the man in their Custody?
Will that make APC win or make PDP lose the election?

It is when people saddle with very serious responsibility like "security", start acting "funny and suspicious" [/b]that Nigerians begin to "read meanings" into their statements, when they could just have killed the "story" there and then.

[b]But l guess that the woman was being very careful not to be DENY categorically because she knows it is THE TRUTH and eventually, the story will be vindicated. SHE DOES NOT WANT TO BE CAUGHT LYING!

Anyway, all these just points to a "lying President" who says he is not desperate but we see DESPERATION in all his actions!

Lastpage

Well, well said. However, I am receiving another news that he was been interogated for a card reader that could be a master card reader.

And if that's the case, cos card readers are more sesitive, then it should be looked into.
Driving at the mo
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by ighodalonosa(m): 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
uselessgoat:
[size=18pt] undecided

No amount of soldiers and DSS can stop the will of the people. Gbagbo and muamar ghadaffi had enormous soldiers too but the will of their people prevailed and they were kicked out and sent to where they belong respectively.

We are tired of this government and no matter the lies and packaging of GEJ's achievements, we want change.

One man cannot continue to hold us to ransom

Gmb all the way

Sai buhari[/size]

KAI BUHARI

WALAI

SAI GOODLUCK
Re: 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC by luggy(m): 7:16am On Mar 28, 2015
release him so that , he will send code u, he will remain telly the election. APC is an Even. GOD SEND GEJ TO SAVE NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafra: Why Are Obasanjo, IBB, Others Not Talking On Agitation? – Doyin Okupe / Sanwo-Olu: Those Who Brutalised #OccupyLekkiTollgate Protesters Won’t Go Free / Buhari Attends Jumaat Service At Aso Rock Mosque With Saraki, Hameed Ali, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.