Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,805 members, 7,824,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

How Is Power Supply In Your Area. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Power Supply In Your Area. (1846 Views)

How Is Power Supply In Your Area? / Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? / Buhari Restricts Newspapers Supply In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 7:07am On Mar 27, 2015
It is less than 24hrs to the big day, we want to know how power supply has fared all over the country, as for me i am reporting from ekpoma in Edo state, Power supply has worsened here, we barely make use of power for 4 hours in a day, so I want know if there has been any improvement in your area.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by bewla(m): 7:16am On Mar 27, 2015
ogba ikeja to bad now adays

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 7:20am On Mar 27, 2015
Click like for GEJ if his work in power supply has earned him your vote

4 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 7:22am On Mar 27, 2015
Click like for GMB if you are not happy with power supply and you feel he is the messiah we have been waiting for.

22 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by Abagworo(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2015
In half of Port Harcourt power ceased since privatisation. From Choba to Elelenwo and right to Alioparanwo to Mgbuosimini to Rumuolumeni it has been average of less than 20mins per day.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by Knight2(m): 8:11am On Mar 27, 2015
I Live in lasgidi... Live! Frm alakuko no light..total darkness... Bt GEJ dey commission power plant.. Na wash.. Na lie

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dealslip(f): 8:14am On Mar 27, 2015
Is it true that Tinubu and Dangote jointly own Eko Power Distribution. If yes then APC cannot blame GEJ for poor power supply in Lagos.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 8:20am On Mar 27, 2015
dealslip:
Is it true that Tinubu and Dangote jointly own Eko Power Distribution. If yes then APC cannot blame GEJ for poor power supply in Lagos.
its not true o

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dridowu: 8:31am On Mar 27, 2015
dealslip:
what about other part of the country experiencing low power supply ? Do you still blame Tinubu and Dangote for that ?

3 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dealslip(f): 8:34am On Mar 27, 2015
dwilliams:
its not true o

Ok thanks for the information. I will be guided

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dealslip(f): 8:37am On Mar 27, 2015
dridowu:
what about other part of the country experiencing low power supply ? Do you still blame Tinubu and Dangote for that ?

No I blame the other elites like Barth Nnaji, Funke Osibodu, Alhaji Mutallab etal. PHCN is now in the hands of Private owners not FG. Do you blame FG for MTN and Etisalat non performance or rip of.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 27, 2015
No light, no fuel in abuja.bought black market 4 litres at 1000k.
And jona still wants my vote?

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by WisdomFlakes: 8:43am On Mar 27, 2015
dealslip:

No I blame the other elites like Barth Nnaji, Funke Osibodu, Alhaji Mutallab etal. PHCN is now in the hands of Private owners not FG. Do you blame FG for MTN and Etisalat non performance or rip of.

Mind you, FG has oversight functions and is responsible for creating an enabling environment and regulation for them to function effectively. Gas pipeline protection for effective gas distribution to the turbines isn't the responsibility of the discos.FG has perpetually failed to adequately secure those vital pipelines.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by blackfase(m): 8:44am On Mar 27, 2015
Dealslip, d truth is that a completely hopeless & moribund sector was transferred to equally clueless, undeservin & unqualified capitalists only interested in quick returns & not necessarily interested in buildin & improving capacity. D fg has also failed to properly guide & regulate their functions to make them effective. So here, d govt. is complicit.

dealslip:

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by TRUTHTOPOWER: 8:46am On Mar 27, 2015
Why promise what is "not" in your hand? why spend money on power "owned" by private individuals? Why commission power plants "owned" by private conpanies?
Why hasn`t any govt official deny responsibility for generating power?

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by blackfase(m): 8:46am On Mar 27, 2015
Hopelessly pathetic around here, as usual. Dat dunce is losing massive votes on account of this alone. Useless man.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 8:50am On Mar 27, 2015
blackfase:
Hopelessly pathetic around here, as usual. Dat dunce is losing massive votes on account of this alone. Useless man.
bros u de vex o
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dazangel11(f): 8:52am On Mar 27, 2015
BTW 23 to 24 hours a day

Gej for life
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 8:58am On Mar 27, 2015
dazangel11:
BTW 23 to 24 hours a day

Gej for life
I don't believe u, where is your location
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dealslip(f): 8:58am On Mar 27, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Mind you, FG has oversight functions and is responsible for creating an enabling environment and regulation for them to function effectively. Gas pipeline protection for effective gas distribution to the turbines isn't the responsibility of the discos.FG has perpetually failed to adequately secure those vital pipelines.

While you are right with FGs function, the rot in the system is at least 5 decades old and cannot be cleaned up in 2 years. Besides gas distribution isn't the only issue they are facing. They are still conducting audits on their networks and assets. I can assure you that power won't be stable until another 2 years, take it from an insider.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by Sunymoore(m): 9:01am On Mar 27, 2015
dazangel11:
BTW 23 to 24 hours a day

Gej for life
Tell the truth, and it shall set you free
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dazangel11(f): 9:09am On Mar 27, 2015
Sunymoore:

Tell the truth, and it shall set you free

the power in my area over the last year has significantly improved most times for straight 3 days it is on

I want it to continue o.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dazangel11(f): 9:11am On Mar 27, 2015
dwilliams:
I don't believe u, where is your location

so that you will send your army to come sabotage it no way.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dealslip(f): 9:13am On Mar 27, 2015
blackfase:

Dealslip, d truth is that a completely hopeless & moribund sector was transferred to equally clueless, undeservin & unqualified capitalists only interested in quick returns & not necessarily interested in buildin & improving capacity. D fg has also failed to properly guide & regulate their functions to make them effective. So here, d govt. is complicit.

While some of your points may be valid, my own arguement is that a ministry that has been in a coma for almost 5 decades cannot be suddenly ressurected in 2 years. Only a miracle will make it happen. Patience isn't a virtue Nigerians have. This a capital intensive sector, a lot of assets and equipment must be replaced before any meaningful progress can be made. Only the capitalist can afford it and most of them had to look for money through their nose to even pay the acquisition fee. We do not understand the internal workings of this things most times. we have all contributed to the failure if this country.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by WisdomFlakes: 9:14am On Mar 27, 2015
dazangel11:

I put it to you that you are lying, woman. cool
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 9:17am On Mar 27, 2015
dazangel11:

just mention the state and the local govt, ppl will confirm that for us online.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by Setaje(f): 9:19am On Mar 27, 2015
Omo for the past one week. Light has been so good in ikotun. grin
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by sorextee(m): 9:22am On Mar 27, 2015
We need to replace the two horses in our coat of arms with two generators, before everyone will believe there's really no light in Nigeria.
Let's be sincere here, we are really tired of PDP Admin. At least, let's try someone else and let's see changes.. our fiscal and monetary sector has worsened.. and that ugly woman call NOI want make Oga Jona borrow money from world Bank. If d economy being led by PDP is crumbling, what is the guarantee that it will stabilize, when they come to power again 2015? They have really failed us.. cry
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by WisdomFlakes: 9:23am On Mar 27, 2015
I refer y'all to the following thread (with photo evidence) for a better understanding of how much of a kalo kalo scam the whole PDP power transformation is: https://www.nairaland.com/2219869/reason-why-vote-out-pdp
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 9:27am On Mar 27, 2015
Setaje:
Omo for the past one week. Light has been so good in ikotun. grin
prior to that "one week" can u say dis same?
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by pld4reel(m): 9:32am On Mar 27, 2015
dealslip:

While some of your points may be valid, my own argument is that a ministry that has been in a coma for almost 5 decades cannot be suddenly ressurected in 2 years. Only a miracle will make it happen. Patience isn't a virtue Nigerians have. This a capital intensive sector, a lot of assets and equipment must be replaced before any meaningful progress can be made. Only the capitalist can afford it and most of them had to look for money through their nose to even pay the acquisition fee. We do not understand the internal workings of this things most times. we have all contributed to the failure if this country.

Listen, it's very easy to analyse. GEJ took over from Yaradua's tenure in may 2010 if i'm not wrong, he spent over 12 month as a president before he was elected to this tenure in that is about to expire by may 29th right ? , a good leader would have known the state of power in the country during this time frame before he start promising people that there will be an interrupted power supply within 3 years if he's elected in. At least that was one of his campaign point in 2011. So If he truly knew the state the power sector then, why did he lied to Nigerian ?? to gain cheap point isn't ??

I believe a right thinking person knows now that GEJ is a lier. Once beaten, twice shy. Yeah
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by Setaje(f): 9:37am On Mar 27, 2015
dwilliams:
prior to that "one week" can u say dis same?

It was terrible o. Very bad. We don't no what is happening and why light is becoming constant

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The 20 Years Old Girl Who Is The Youngest Lawmaker In UK / Aisha Buhari £34,500 Wrist Watch Lie From The Pit Of Hell !!!! / A Funny Masquerade That Looks Like Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.