Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

How Is Power Supply In Your Area. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Power Supply In Your Area. (1857 Views)

How Is Power Supply In Your Area? / Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? / Buhari Restricts Newspapers Supply In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2015
pld4reel:

Listen, it's very easy to analyse. GEJ took over from Yaradua's tenure in may 2010 if i'm not wrong, he spent over 12 month as a president before he was elected to this tenure in that is about to expire by may 29th right ? , a good leader would have known the state of power in the country during this time frame before he start promising people that there will be an interrupted power supply within 3 years if he's elected in. At least that was one of his campaign point in 2011. So If he truly knew the state the power sector then, why did he lied to Nigerian ?? to gain cheap point isn't ??

I believe a right thinking person knows now that GEJ is a lier. Once beaten, twice shy. Yeah
so what happened with the rogue promises during subsidy protest, so Nigerians are buying fuel without subsidy 4 yrs now, and d steady power that's has been promised within that same year has not been given and that same power is still not realistic in the next 3yrs under d same government,
Na wa o
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by Hope1: 9:46am On Mar 27, 2015
No public power supply since December.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:52am On Mar 27, 2015
Reporting from NTA road. PHC.

I don't know what nepa light looks like anylonger. I have absolutely forgotten. E don tay I see that kind thing.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dazangel11(f): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2015
dwilliams:
just mention the state and the local govt, ppl will confirm that for us online.

Edo state that's d best I can do for now
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dealslip(f): 10:00am On Mar 27, 2015
pld4reel:

Listen, it's very easy to analyse. GEJ took over from Yaradua's tenure in may 2010 if i'm not wrong, he spent over 12 month as a president before he was elected to this tenure in that is about to expire by may 29th right ? , a good leader would have known the state of power in the country during this time frame before he start promising people that there will be an interrupted power supply within 3 years if he's elected in. At least that was one of his campaign point in 2011. So If he truly knew the state the power sector then, why did he lied to Nigerian ?? to gain cheap point isn't ??

I believe a right thinking person knows now that GEJ is a lier. Once beaten, twice shy. Yeah

Moves to privatize PHCN started in OBJ's tenure, it has a plan, please go to NERCs website to download it. It was meant to go through various processing like unbundling, privatisation and loads of bureacracy jargons. It was not meant to be concluded in a few years, Power has been used to canvass for votes since the time of Shagari. Jonathan successfully privatised it. It is no small feat. The next phase is the new owners trying to get their bearing and footings. It is almost like rebuilding the whole Nigerian power sector because it has been dead for decades.The infrastructures have decayed and her almost non functioning. It will take a while to replace and a lot of funds. We are talking of billion dollars here, most of them have not recovered from the cost of acquiring the unbundled coompanies. It took 50 years to destroy PHCN aka NEPA. It will take a while to restructure it. Nigerians be patient, we contributed to the decay as customers and staffs of NEPA. Even state govt owed them billions without paying till date. GSM didn't start with OBJ but Abacha. Be patient for once

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 10:04am On Mar 27, 2015
dazangel11:

Edo state that's d best I can do for now
story. 4 d Gods where in edo state, I am currently reporting from Ujoelen, in ekpoma here in edo state, I dare u to state d LGA, and community.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dazangel11(f): 10:05am On Mar 27, 2015
dwilliams:
story. 4 d Gods where in edo state, I am currently reporting from Ujoelen, in ekpoma here in edo state, I dare u to state d LGA, and community.

OK Benin city
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 10:09am On Mar 27, 2015
dealslip:

Moves to privatize PHCN started in OBJ's tenure, it has a plan, please go to NERCs website to download it. It was meant to go through various processing like unbundling, privatisation and loads of bureacracy jargons. It was not meant to be concluded in a few years, Power has been used to canvass for votes since the time of Shagari. Jonathan successfully privatised it. It is no small feat. The next phase is the new owners trying to get their bearing and footings. It is almost like rebuilding the whole Nigerian power sector because it has been dead for decades.The infrastructures have decayed and her almost non functioning. It will take a while to replace and a lot of funds. We are talking of billion dollars here, most of them have not recovered from the cost of acquiring the unbundled coompanies. It took 50 years to destroy PHCN aka NEPA. It will take a while to restructure it. Nigerians be patient, we contributed to the decay as customers and staffs of NEPA. Even state govt owed them billions without paying till date. GSM didn't start with OBJ but Abacha. Be patient for once
and yet moni dat should av hastened Dis process is being looted, whoose fault, d fault of d masses, ur fault or my fault? So can you tell us who is responsible for the blackout we av all over d country. I think its PDP govt because 16yrs of ruling should av been enough to fix dis,dats y we can't b guarranteed of another four years?
Bro pls vote 4 change
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dwilliams: 10:10am On Mar 27, 2015
dazangel11:

OK Benin city
Where in Benin, because GRA wey bv big man area no de c li8 lyk dat sef
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dazangel11(f): 10:12am On Mar 27, 2015
dwilliams:
Where in Benin, because GRA wey bv big man area no de c li8 lyk dat sef

I will stop here just do your research
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by Sunymoore(m): 10:13am On Mar 27, 2015
dazangel11:

the power in my area over the last year has significantly improved most times for straight 3 days it is on

I want it to continue o.
That's awesome... But no light here
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by WisdomFlakes: 10:15am On Mar 27, 2015
According to a fellow forumer that goes by the name koaster, I quote:

You are looking at China Yangtze River Hydroelectric Dam.

Construction Cost: $22billion.

Generating Capacity: 22,500 MW.

Commissioned year: 2012.

PDP successive governments said they have invested over $30billion in our power sector in the past 16years. Yet Nigeria's entire Generating Capacity still hovers between 2000 and 3000 Mega Watts.

In China, Communist Party of China got 22,500MW from $22billion Power investment.

In Nigeria, PDP got 1000MW from over $30billion power investment.

"If you don't kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria" -Muhammadu Buhari

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area. by dealslip(f): 10:37am On Mar 27, 2015
dwilliams:
and yet moni dat should av hastened Dis process up has is being looted, whoose fault, d fault of d masses, ur fault or my fault? So can you tell us who is responsible for the blackout we av all over d country. I think its PDP govt because 16yrs of ruling should av been enough to fix dis,dats y we can't b guarranteed oof another four years?
Bro pls vote 4 change

You have every right to feel this way. I for one do not see any thing that change or contuinity can do for PHCN. Contracts have been signed that cannot be renege because a new party comes in without financial implication. Electricity will be restoredbut it will take a while. The new owners are struggling to perfect their new business. I am talking this way because I was priviledged to have been part of the structuring of private equitiesfor a no of discos and gencos. Government doesn't have any obligation to pump in more money, they are now privately owned and controlled. That is the reality on ground. APC can not come in and revoke all that has been done. It will lead to disaster and crisis. I do not speak for PDP or APC but what Naija has to work with. Reality

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Buhari Greet Christians During Easter? / Nigeria Is Now The New Bride Of The World! / Compare And Contrast! Buhari's Foreign Policy And Jonathan's Indulgent One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.