Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? (8894 Views)

How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood / Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. / Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Do you know what you are saying at all? Or just writing just to erase the fear of eternal destruction?
Claiming your God is greater than another is just a d1ck measuring contest. You're old enough to realize fear of hell is exclusive to theists.
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Do you know what you are saying at all? Or just writing just to erase the fear of eternal destruction?

Exactly!

They just write to console their-selves! they can feel the destruction even when it hasn't started....that's why they mock everything that has to do with GOD! grin LOL...There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth grin

Proverbs 28:1

The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 28, 2015
johnydon22:

You should have read your link first before giving it out.. here is a pic of your link zeus is even called the king of the gods.
This is like arguing Voltron vs Optimus Prime as EvilBrain1 or so said in a previous thread.
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 9:21am On Mar 28, 2015
johnydon22:

You should have read your link first before giving it out.. here is a pic of your link zeus is even called the king of the gods.
King of gods does not make you God, does it? At least Zeus has father mother and siblings. I triple-dog dare you to give me a god that claimed to come from everlasting, and created everything? No, not one! No god but YAHWEH!

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 28, 2015
doubleDx:

Exactly!

They just write to console their-selves! they can feel the destruction even when it hasn't started....that's why they mock everything that has to do with GOD! grin LOL...There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth grin
Yes. I'm tormented by thoughts of something I consider fictional sad cry

BTW nothing more needs to be said when religious people rejoice to the thoughts of eternal torment of unbelievers lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 9:25am On Mar 28, 2015
doubleDx:

Exactly!

Proverbs 28:1

The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.
They type not to know God but to be sure HE doesn't exist. I type not for them but for my fellow Christians. The fact is that all you need to do is to believe and it would be counted as righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 9:25am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
King of gods does not make you God, does it? At least Zeus has father mother and siblings. I triple-dog dare you to give me a god that claimed to come from everlasting, and created everything? No, not one! No god but YAHWEH!
lol let me show you your god according to wikipedia encyclopedia...good thing you brough wikipedia up.. now go check out you copied canaanite god even with a nice selfie grin Yahweh is just considered another son of the canaanite supreme god el

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Good to know you acknowledge it as a claim. Well too bad 'cause I can list a few. The pasterferian deity...[size=20pt]FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!!![/size]

I can also include The One Above All and Presence(As a marvel fan, I'll say TOAA is more powerful)
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 9:30am On Mar 28, 2015
johnydon22:

lol let me show you your god according to wikipedia encyclopedia...good thing you brough wikipedia up.. now go check out you copied canaanite god even with a nice selfie grin Yahweh is just considered another son of the canaanite supreme god el
Try typing the main points, can't see anything with opera mini. YAHWEH has no father, funny. Lol.
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 28, 2015
Lmao, Johnydon22, Misogynist2014 & doubleDx let's apologize to Pr0ton for finally derailling his thread tongue grin

But seriously, any DC fans in the house? Superman vs Sentry?
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 9:32am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Try typing the main points, can't see anything with opera mini. YAHWEH has no father, funny. Lol.
lmao you brought up the wikipedia encyclopedia now i take screen shots of what it also says about yahweh just like i showed you what it said about zeus.. now incase you didnt see it well.. see it again grin

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Hey! Don't be mean! He was adopted! angry
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 9:34am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
lmao you brought up the wikipedia encyclopedia now i take screen shots of what it also says about yahweh just like i showed you what it said about zeus.. now incase you didnt see it well.. see it again grin
DProDG check out yahweh's selfie... cheesy

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 28, 2015
This jonnydon22 is just a confused, naive and deluded kid grin LOL See level, for hin mind now hin think say hin sabi? Smh! Sorry for derailing your thread oh Mr. Pr0ton! I'm out....
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2015
doubleDx:
This jonnydon22 is just a confused, naive and deluded kid grin LOL See level, for hin mind now hin think say hin sabi? Smh! Sorry for derailing your thread oh Mr. Pr0ton!
aaaaaaaw so you are now resorting to ad hominem? hmmmm very pathetic.. Please no hard feelings bro, what you saw on the screenshots are just the real deal don't freak out or kill me its only wikipedia.. mind you that is wikipedia encyclopedia not johnydon encyclopeida.. smiley you can finish reading it here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 9:45am On Mar 28, 2015
johnydon22:

DProDG check out yahweh's selfie... cheesy
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in
heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Exodus 20:4 ►
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 9:47am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in
heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Exodus 20:4 ►
aawwww seems they didnt get the memo..http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh Now go buy your pop corn and finish your reading smiley

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 28, 2015
johnydon22:

aaaaaaaw so you are now resorting to ad hominem? hmmmm very pathetic.. mind you that is wikipedia encyclopedia not johnydon encyclopeida.. smiley

That article on wiki was written by carnal minded folks like you! How can you write about a God you know nothing about?....no spiritual contact whatsoever! The only valid writings about Yahweh are the ones written by his prophets and messengers in the Holy Books....Any other thing is trash from scoffers like you!

Keep scoffing and fulfilling prophecies! LOL grin I'm a wiki contributor, so, I know how they get their intel!
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 9:54am On Mar 28, 2015
doubleDx:

That article on wiki was written by carnal minded folks like you! How can you write about a God you know nothing about?....no spiritual contact whatsoever! The only valid writings about Yahweh are the ones written by his Prophets and Messengers in the Holy Books....Any other thing is trash from scoffers like you!

Keep scoffing and fulfilling prophecies! LOL grin I'm a wiki contributor, so, I know how they get their intel!

Aaaaaaawwww so cute cheesy
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 9:56am On Mar 28, 2015
johnydon22:

aawwww seems they didnt get the memo..http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh Now go buy your pop corn and finish your reading smiley
I won't read blasphemy, thanks.
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 9:58am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
But reading about zeus aint blasphemy huh? grin
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:

Heavy blasphemies from carnal minded heathens...

Make I go vote for GMB sharp sharp before I go come face them heathens grin
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 28, 2015
doubleDx:
The only valid writings about Yahweh are the ones written by his prophets and messengers in the Holy Books
In other words, only biased articles that are subjective and not verifiable historically are the right ones? Ok...

4 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by blueyedgeek(m): 10:04am On Mar 28, 2015
DProDG:
Lmao, Johnydon22, Misogynist2014 & doubleDx let's apologize to Pr0ton for finally derailling his thread tongue grin

But seriously, any DC fans in the house? Superman vs Sentry?
People like to claim that superman is an over-powered character but sentry is a whole load of overpowered bullshit. The dude has the power of 10 exploding suns, superman wouldn't stand a chance. Darkseid would be a better match for sentry in my opinion.
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2015
doubleDx:

Heavy blasphemies from carnal minded heathens...

Make I go vote for GMB sharp sharp before I go come face them heathens grin
Don't mind johnydon22 Muhammad called Christians 'people of the book' http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_of_the_Book Why then is it that Allah was not represented with pic? They continue to foōl them, may God forgive them. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 10:19am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Don't mind johnydon22 Muhammad called Christians 'people of the book' http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_of_the_Book Why then is it that Allah was not represented with pic? They continue to foōl them, may God forgive them. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

is it not ironic you give wikipedia links to make your assertions but when the contents dont suit you, you label them blasphemy and dare not read it..smiley

You forgot to mention wikipedia mentioned allah as another copy of el

word has cognates in other Semitic languages , including Elah in Aramaic,
ʾĒl in Canaanite and Elohim in Hebrew . [5][6]

So now muhammeds words are good, thought the guy was delusionalshocked.
Ok maybe now allah is the real god not yahweh!!! grin Too funny..

Now dont get desperate and start calling names like fools or stuffs. . . its just a friendly discussion smiley
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29am On Mar 28, 2015
DProDG:

Didn't say I couldn't argue theology, just said i wasn't going to. We were on the topic Evolution so there was no need deviating. Here are my quotes, and some of yours. . .

These were some 'questions'(it's obvious you do not know what questions are) that you expected me to reply so I simply said. . .

And then you came up with your miracles. . .

My reply...

etc...

Now we're on the topic, The Great Flood, a story from the BIBLE, you don't expect the source, the BIBLE to be quoted?

I've told you before, simply respond to my assertions rather than accuse me of plagiarism. Unlike some people, I can actually think for myself.

So, there goes your childish attempt to make it seem like I backed down from a topic with you. Try harder next time smiley

Maybe I should explain simple English contractions to you lipsrsealed.Did you argue theology with me after all? [size=16pt]NO [/size]

Still waiting for examples of brainless animal life forms

And make it clear to me right now , you think am lying about my experience with miracles right ?

Atheist logic : If I didn't experience it , it is a hoax
If Science hasn't explained it , it is a hoax

Big Bang Theory : Science has not explained its initial conditions , from your logic it is a hoax kiss
Science has not provided answers and found the missing links regarding evolution , from your logic we are safe to say it is a hoax kiss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by malvisguy212: 10:29am On Mar 28, 2015
MrPresident:
*40 days of rain cannot possibly cover earth
*there's only about 29% of the water that would be needed to submerge mountain everest 21ft deep
*hw the hell did noah travel round the world to warn people, in the absence of advanced transportation/communication system?
* one man and a few sons can not build a 450 feet long boat that would survive months of rain in the sea without technologically advanced tools,
*any of such boat made of wood would certainly fall apart in the sea, eve without luggage, talk less of when loaded with multitude of animals
*how can all the animals in the world travel to on place, and let alone many species of each animal?? e.g Dogs (more or less you would need 2 of each approximately 150 species of dogs on earth.

the biblical noah story is just a bullshiit copy of older myths.

there are many things you don't know, you are very very wrong my friend.
The genesis flood was not global but a local one, and water did not cover all the earth.When you read an English translation of the biblical account of the flood, you will undoubtedly notice many words and verses that seem to suggest that the waters covered all of planet earth. However, one should note that today we look at everything from a global perspective, whereas the Bible nearly always refers to local geography.

You will not be able to know this with the English translations of the bible, so let look at the original Hebrew word.

The Hebrew words which are translated as "whole earth" or "all the earth" are kol (Strong's number H3605), which means "all," and erets (Strong's number H776), which means "earth,""land," "country," or "ground."

Infacte, we don't need to go to far because the Hebrew word KOL and ERETS is used earlier in genesis chapter;

The name of the first is Pishon; it flows
around the whole [kol] land [erets] of
Havilah, where there is gold. (Genesis
2:11)
And the name of the second river is
Gihon; it flows around the whole [kol]
land [erets] of Cush. (Genesis 2:13)

Base on this verse uses of the same word "whole land"(kol erets) we understand that it was not a global flood but local.Obviously, the description of kol erets is modified by the name of the land, indicating a local area from the context. In fact, the term kol erets is nearly always used in the Old Testament to describe a local area of land, instead of our entire planet.

There are many more example, For example, in Genesis 11 (the Tower of Babel) the text says;
"the whole [kol] earth [erets] used the
same language." We know that this
reference is not really to the earth at all
(and certainly not to the "whole earth"wink,
but to the people of the earth, who all
lived in one geographic location. It wasn't until later that God scattered the people over the face of the earth.There are many other examples of where kol erets actually refers to people rather than the geography of the "whole earth":

Shall not the Judge of all [kol] the earth
[erets] deal justly?" (Genesis 18:25)

If we are to believe that the flood was a global one then going by this verse we will be saying God judge the earth which is wrong (God judges the people of the earth, not the earth itself)

@proton your thread dosent make sense at all,bible say their wickedness exceed great,God even gave them His grace to repent by sending Noah to preach to them but the refused,Noah told them how God is about to destroyed the land,but the chose there WILL not to obeyed God word, God will not forced his will on you. Living in a peaceful world is not among the will of God, the world was created for spiritual being to chose to love or hate God, once evil is eliminated then the freewill of God is partial.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:36am On Mar 28, 2015
johnydon22:

is it not ironic you give wikipedia links to make your assertions but when the contents dont suit you, you label them blasphemy and dare not read it..smiley

You forgot to mention wikipedia mentioned allah as another copy of el

word has cognates in other Semitic languages , including Elah in Aramaic,
ʾĒl in Canaanite and Elohim in Hebrew . [5][6]

So now muhammeds words are good, thought the guy was delusionalshocked.
Ok maybe now allah is the real god not yahweh!!! grin Too funny..

Now dont get desperate and start calling names like fools or stuffs. . . its just a friendly discussion smiley
The article was definitely compiled by an atheist and the pic from Persia, who went on foolishly in their imagination to depict YAHWEH according to the Book of Isaiah or maybe Ezekiel. I will appreciate you stop posting about YAHWEH to me, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 10:48am On Mar 28, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The article was definitely compiled by an atheist and the pic from Persia, who went on foolishly in their imagination to depict YAHWEH according to the Book of Isaiah or maybe Ezekiel. I will appreciate you stop posting about YAHWEH to me, thanks.
Hahahahahaha... remember you first brought up wikipedia to prove zeus wasnt referred to as God and i took a screenshot of it for you and prove you wrong.
once you bring up wikipedia encyclopedia (one of the best encyclopedia in the world) their are no restrictions, they are all mythical sky deities. . .Its very ironic and hypocritic that you choose what you read on wikipedia.. **funny** Your emotional sentimental conviction towards yahweh is ur own business.. The article is always there on the encyclopedia which we all know is not an atheist inspired site.. smiley Abeg go and vote GEJ
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahaha... remember you first brought up wikipedia to prove zeus wasnt referred to as God and i took a screenshot of it for you and prove you wrong.
once you bring up wikipedia encyclopedia (one of the best encyclopedia in the world) their are no restrictions, they are all mythical sky deities. . .Its very ironic and hypocritic that you choose what you read on wikipedia.. **funny** Your emotional sentimental conviction towards yahweh is ur own business.. The article is always there on the encyclopedia which we all know is not an atheist inspired site.. smiley Abeg go and vote GEJ
The Wikipedia came to me as a rude shock, of how The LORD with over 3 billion followers (Islam included) could be referred to as a god! Zeus has his book which must be a great ingredient in saying whoever he is, Allah has his, so does others. We know how much YHWH hates graven images in Bible, why then give and bestow unto HIM an image? We know Job was a man of Uz and definitely lived well before Moses, so did Abram before Israel was ever established, so God was known but there was no law(though His people knew what He hated) , with Moses came the law and the assault on Egypt, who was then the most powerful nation in the world must have spread His name, howbeit as a god, a very powerful god Dan 2:47. It is logically wrong that YHWH was not known in Persia, where the children of Israel and Esther lived. Ezekiel was shown how Israel profaned the temple of the LORD and Jesus chased people buying and selling in the temple of the most High. Next time you are reading, be sure to know that what you have actually read is the ultimate truth, lest you blaspheme the NAME of the LORD and never be forgiven.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? / My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / How To Be The Apostle Paul Of Our Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.