Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC (4762 Views)

Ango Abdullahi Backs Quit Notice To Igbos Issued By Northern Youths / Buhari Appoints Azizi As NIMC DG / Buhari And Osinbajo Flaunt Their Certificates Of Return Issued By Jega (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC by playces: 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
Considering the large population of nigerians estimated at over 160 million, there is a need for a central database which will provide a means of national identitfication for its populace. This prompted a presidential mandate that National Identity Management Commission should be the regulatory and institutional mechnaism for implementing government's reform initiative in the identity sector.
The registration fro the new national e-id card in 2012 with the pilot satge. With its success, it was commissoined in 2013 by the pesident with the mandate to register 100 million nigerians. Well, what baffles me most is the unacceptability of the NIN slip issued after the enrolment as a means of identitfication.
National Identity card is the easiest means of identitfication to obtain. It does not require you to pay any fee before you register. But the worry is the slip issued temporarily is not recognized by most institutions. I had a problem with my bank account some weeks back. I was asked to provide a valid means of identifictaion; drivers licence, nigerian passport, voters card or national identity card. I dont drive a car so i dont have a drivers licence, I've never travelled by air before, so there hasnt been a need to get a passport. My only form of identifiaction, voters card, was stolen with my wallet weeks back. The available optionis to get a national identity card. I dashed to their office beside FIRS at zone 5 Abuja. After a long wait under the canopy in this hot weather, I was finally attended to. My joy was cut short when i was asked to come fro the NIN slip the following day that they experiencing poor network.
I walked gallantly to the customer rep at her desk, I asked if she remember my face. she smiled. Before she will say the next thing, I quickly handed out the slips( TRANSACTION SLIP AND NIN SLIP)which I even laminated . She gave a simulated smile and said, "we dont acept this". I argued with her. "This is what i was given temporarily to use before the card is out. She looked at me and re-emphasized her last statement. I was devastated. Things are getting complicated; my salary is hanging because I need to update the account and I need to pay my bills. At the end I was told to get a letter of identification from the hotel I work.
The truth is most parastatals and government bodies dont believe in the Identity Card project. A representative of CBN is listed as a member of their governing board. Yet they (CBN) cant make a policy that the slip should be accepted in lieu of the card for any bank transactions. Its just painful making lives uncomforatble for people.
Re: How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC by MRLINGTON(m): 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
Well recognised - I used mine to register for Immigration's Recruitment
Re: How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2015
I used it to open a bank account.
Re: How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
BimiOne:
I used it to open a bank account.

In which bank pls.
Re: How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
PRINCEZUKO1:

In which bank pls.
GTBank
Re: How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
NIN is the first requirement for BVN. Others are secondary (substitute)

Is your face too rugged and rough?
Re: How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC by klarrychenko94: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
I registered for the national ID card since Sept. 2013, uptil now no card. What is wrong with these people sef? Most institutions don't even accept that slip, they should roll out the cards.
Re: How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
BimiOne:
GTBank

Perfect, I knew GTB always stands out amongst others.
Re: How Recognized Is The NIN Slip Issued By NIMC by saintopus(m): 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Op am in same condition with you. My wallet was stolen containing my ID card and other valuable. I went and got the New national ID card, the temporary one to enable me access my contributed pension money but First Bank in PH refused to accept the temporary card. Now I need the money to pay my children school fees so I don't know what to do.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Sighted In The United Kingdom / EL-RUFAI'S SON, Bashir El Rufai And His Expensive Life Style / IPOB Member Under Radio Biafra London; LIVE And DIRECT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.